Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide (274453 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by chukwukapromise(m): 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2017
Donpre:

Hmmm... You make a point there. We just gotta prepare for it all.... BTW, have you gotten the past questions yet? Wanna confirm something

I reside in Benin
I tot Dat ur Guy said There Was nothing like A P.utme past question, I Fell for His narration, So I backed out Going For It.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Donpre(m): 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
chukwukapromise:
I tot Dat ur Guy said There Was nothing like A P.utme past question, I Fell for His narration, So I backed out Going For It.
Dat your guy? You mean your future senior colleague.... It's okay tho, I guess I'll find someone else who bought.

BTW, When are you proceeding to buy the form. Would love if someone gave details of the entire process
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by chukwukapromise(m): 9:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
Donpre:
Dat your guy? You mean your future senior colleague.... It's okay tho, I guess I'll find someone else who bought.

BTW, When are you proceeding to buy the form. Would love if someone gave details of the entire process
My friends That went Today Were telling me That, The Bank Where they were to generate Their E-Transcipt Told Them "The account Was yet to be Activated" saying They shuld come bk on tuesday...

As for me, I'll like to wait till Wednesday Before processing Anything
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Donpre(m): 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
chukwukapromise:
My friends That went Today Were telling me That, The Bank Where they were to generate Their E-Transcipt Told Them "The account Was yet to be Activated" saying They shuld come bk on tuesday...

As for me, I'll like to wait till Wednesday Before processing Anything
Alright. Let me know when you've done yours
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by barineh(m): 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2017
LATEST NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENT

2017/2018 POST-UTME SCREENING

The University of Port Harcourt hereby invites candidates who chose the University as First and/or Second choice in the 2017 Unified Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtained a minimum score of 180, to apply for Screening Exercise for admission into the University.

The University shall not admit candidates into Geology in the 2017/2018 session.  Candidates who chose Geology as their programme of study are hereby informed that they could be admitted into other/related areas of study, subject to acceptable performance.  They are to contact JAMB for change of course or change of Institution for admission into Geology.  The Schedule of the Screening Exercise is as indicated below:

DAY/DATE OF EXERCISE                                                    COLLEGE/FACULTIES/DISCIPLINES

Thursday, 14thSeptember, 2017                     -               Pharmacy/Agriculture/EducationFriday, 15thSeptember, 2017                          -               HumanitiesSaturday, 16thSeptember, 2017                     -               Management SciencesMonday, 18thSeptember, 2017                       -               EngineeringTuesday, 19thSeptember, 2017                      -               Science/SSLTWednesday, 20thSeptember, 2017                 -               Social Sciences/LawThursday, 21stSeptember, 2017                     -               Physiology/Anatomy/Dentistry/NursingFriday, 22ndSeptember, 2017                         -               Medicine and SurgerySaturday, 23rdSeptember, 2017                     -               Medicine and SurgeryMonday, 25th Septmeber, 2017                      -               Second Choice Candidates

Candidates should login to www.uniport.edu.ng for the Registration Procedure for 2017/2018 Admission Screening Exercise.

ONLINE REGISTRATION

Wednesday, 30th August, 2017 – Monday, 11thSeptember, 2017 

IMPORTANT DATES AND SCREENING REGISTRATION PROCEDURE

Eligible First Choice candidates to input UTME Registration Number and confirm pre-loaded UTME details.  Second Choice candidates to complete Online Application Form.Print slip for paymentProceed to any of the following Banks (with e-Transact platform) and make payment of N2,000.00 (Excluding Bank and Access Charges, Processing Fee and Result checking) FIDELITY BANK PLC, UBA PLC, FIRST BANK PLC, ACCESS BANK PLC, ECOBANK PLC, FCMB AND UNIPORT-CHOBA MICROFINANCE BANK.Obtain an e-Transact receipt showing an access code from the Bank Teller confirming the payment.Proceed back online and Login with your UTME Registration Number and the Access Code on the payment slip, from Wednesday, 6thSeptember, 2017.Complete the Form online as requested.Upload your passport photograph with red background not more than 1 x 1 inch.Click on the “submit button” and print Photo Card for the Screening Exercise clearanceNote the date and time of Screening on the Photo Card.

CANDIDATES WHO FAIL TO REGISTER WITHIN THE REGISTRATION PERIOD WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SCREENING EXERCISE.

MATERIALS NEEDED FOR POST-UTME SCREENING EXERCISE

Candidates are required to come with the following:

A clear copy of the photo Card printed online and pen.A photocopy of O’Level Examination Certificate(s) (WASCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB) and Birth Certificate or Affidavit of Age Declaration.

NOTE:

Inconsistency in name or picture on Photo Card will not be acceptable to the University and may lead to disqualification of affected candidates.  Candidates’ names on their O’Level Certificates, UTME results and other registration documents must be the same.Candidates must be sixteen (16) years of age and above by October, 2017 to be eligible for the exercise.Mobile Phones, Ipad, Ipod, Walkman and similar gadgets or any extraneous materials will not be allowed into the Screening Venue and its environs.Candidates must apply within the Registration period as the online link for the Application Form will be disabled at MID-NIGHT ON MONDAY, 11THSEPTEMBER, 2017.Candidates must report to the designated Screening Venues at the time scheduled on the Photo Card or risk disqualification.PARENTS AND GUARDIANS, AS WELL AS UNINVITED SECURITY AGENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE CAMPUS ON THE DAYS OF THE SCREENING EXERCISE.For Technical support services during registration, send an email to:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">putme2017@uniport.edu.ngFor further enquiries, please call any of the following numbers: 08091153162, 08185945712, 08175125591

Signed:

MRS. DORCAS D. OTTO

REGISTRAR

www.uniport.edu.ng
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by spacoG(m): 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Did anybody send them to pay such huge amount....And you call 90slots fair enough?...C'mon dont let me turn d table to you man!
ask am oo my broda
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by spacoG(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
Nyce1
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Donpre(m): 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
It's official... We're writing an exam

The Screening Exercise will be Computer Based Test(CBT).

cc: Chukwukapromise
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by chukwukapromise(m): 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2017
Donpre:
It's official... We're writing an exam

cc: Chukwukapromise
Earlier Today The Bulletin Was Edited, And The New Development Was Written In RED..

At Last We got A Bearing.. Just 13days Left To the start of d exam And 22days For medics..

Looking At My TL,

-The use of english ⊙Check

-Physics ⊙Check

-Chemistry ⊙check

-Biology ⊙check

-logic Reasoning ⊙check

-Speed During Cbt ⊙check.

The only uncheck is Mathematics...And Am Casting All die to dat effect..

How's ur preparation bro?
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Donpre(m): 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Earlier Today The Bulletin Was Edited, And The New Development Was Written In RED..

At Last We got A Bearing.. Just 13days Left To the start of d exam And 22days For medics..

Looking At My TL,

-The use of english ⊙Check

-Physics ⊙Check

-Chemistry ⊙check

-Biology ⊙check

-logic Reasoning ⊙check

-Speed During Cbt ⊙check.

The only uncheck is Mathematics...And Am Casting All die to dat effect..

How's ur preparation bro?
Wow! And I'm here busy watching film... I'm happy they clarified, didn't wanna go half-prepared only to be shock by new developments.

The maths ain't that much problem tho. So far, the only f.maths topics I have seen(from jamb PQs) are easy matrices and differentials, the rest are normal O'level stuff. Time however would be an issue, speed and priority would definitely be key. Also, I see no details on calcs, what's that about?

As regards to my prep, since I anticipated the return of putme way early, I've been reading maths alongside other texts since before utme, hence my watching movies at this point being more than justified. However, I'd put up a few revisions before the exams, just to be extra sure.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by chukwukapromise(m): 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
Donpre:

Wow! And I'm here busy watching film... I'm happy they clarified, didn't wanna go half-prepared only to be shock by new developments.

The maths ain't that much problem tho. So far, the only f.maths topics I have seen(from jamb PQs) are easy matrices and differentials, the rest are normal O'level stuff. Time however would be an issue, speed and priority would definitely be key. Also, I see no details on calcs, what's that about?

As regards to my prep, since I anticipated the return of putme way early, I've been reading maths alongside other texts since before utme, hence my watching movies at this point being more than justified. However, I'd put up a few revisions before the exams, just to be extra sure.
man! U're ontop of ur game, Have'nt Even visited Maths For a time, Will try Getting back to it... Films Has Made A leauge Wid u, Mine is Playstations,..But All unnecessary Deviations Must be suspended for 25days,..Gatz to Focus.

Moreover when are u planning to get your form, And Come To PH?.. And Do u have were to stay, Should u come to ph?
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Donpre(m): 12:13am On Sep 02, 2017
chukwukapromise:
man! U're ontop of ur game, Have'nt Even visited Maths For a time, Will try Getting back to it... Films Has Made A leauge Wid u, Mine is Playstations,..But All unnecessary Deviations Must be suspended for 25days,..Gatz to Focus.

Moreover when are u planning to get your form, And Come To PH?.. And Do u have were to stay, Should u come to ph?
If I had a Playstation, I'd have failed utmegrin

Definitely next week, Tuesday or Wednesday so as to avoid the crowd(other aspirants).... As for accommodation, I was hosted by med students last year, so they might just be as generous this year. Wouldn't mind if you've got a better offer tho.

anything on the use of Calc?... They can't seriously expect us to solve math, Chem and physics problems without Calc under an average of 36s per question.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Blm12: 6:32am On Sep 02, 2017
Boss chukwu & co. Are you guys team MBBS? I am too. An aspirant but more or less a potential medic. What was your scores? & have you successfully generated your pins for the registration procedures?
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by chukwukapromise(m): 9:17am On Sep 02, 2017
Donpre:

If I had a Playstation, I'd have failed utmegrin

Definitely next week, Tuesday or Wednesday so as to avoid the crowd(other aspirants).... As for accommodation, I was hosted by med students last year, so they might just be as generous this year. Wouldn't mind if you've got a better offer tho.

anything on the use of Calc?... They can't seriously expect us to solve math, Chem and physics problems without Calc under an average of 36s per question.

True! Living With Playstation 3 And 4 Is sure Tempting... for Accomodation, I'll be Previledge To Host A fellow medic, For calculators, The Best thing Is To come Along With Both Scientific And Non programmable, Who knows Luck may Radiate on our paths..

Am trying to Engage Myself In Sloving A Mathematical problem Without Even Writing Or Using A Calculation.. Just Eyes Solving, It been helping me wid my speed, Though It Only works for soft mathematical Questions, But Nevertheless, It may come To usefulness Someday..

Wanted To register yesterday, But Damn it, The banks Went on holiday.. So it will be till tuesday.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by chukwukapromise(m): 9:33am On Sep 02, 2017
Blm12:
Boss chukwu & co. Are you guys team MBBS? I am too. An aspirant but more or less a potential medic. What was your scores? & have you successfully generated your pins for the registration procedures?

Are You guys team MBBS

For me, Yes!

An Aspirant but more or less a potential medic

A lot of discrepancies in That!

-You Are An aspirants, So U Are Equal With Us All According to the law of Common Relativity

- "More" And "less" always Disagree, So U're Either more Or less, But As Far As u score above 230+ You Are on The "More" side

-*potential medic* That Means U Got A Dream, And Almost At d Verge of Actualizing Such Dream..Dont stop Halfway Mehn.

What Was your scores

So long As The "Score" is Pluralized, i'll let My Boss Donpre Take D First Blood..

But definately The scores Are Enuf To buy us Medicine.

Have You generated Your pins for the Registration Procedures

Generating A payment invoice Or Pins As u call it Would Be Tensional, If U did'nt complete d process.. And part of completing The process Is Obtaining An Acess code From the bank After making Use of E-transist platfrorm, And As u know, The Banks Are Holidaying, So we have To wait For their vacation To end before We Complete our registration.. So as For Now, No Sucessful registration yet.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Donpre(m): 10:02am On Sep 02, 2017
@Blm12 I doubt our scores are important at this point. Let's just prep for putme as that's what's important. I am a medic aspirant too, nice to meet a potential coursemate.

@chukwukapromise
Thanks for the offer. But like the Cameroonians, I think your juju(Playstations) would affect my performancegringrin
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by ITCareerINxtGen: 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2017
For students...This book is even more important. Begin your college admission and future career with superior knowledge ahead of others...Your approach towards a career right from high school determines the heights & success you attain. At graduate level, knowledge determines how successful your job search, career growth & development would be;
Get "IT Career: A Roadmap";
Learn about relevant Academic bodies of knowledge;
Learn about IT industry;
Learn about certifications;
Learn how to secure high paying jobs and more. Visit Amazon today!

Link below. The best gift any parent can buy for a child.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Blm12: 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2017
Alright. Thanks guys! We'll meet over there by God's grace. I also heard the form is sold for #5000. How true is that?
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Ichietome: 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2017
Donpre:

Are pharmacy aspirants going to write maths during the post ume?
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Donpre(m): 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2017
Ichietome:

Are pharmacy aspirants going to write maths during the post ume?
I think it's a science thing. All science students would take math.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 02, 2017
Blm12:
Alright. Thanks guys! We'll meet over there by God's grace. I also heard the form is sold for #5000. How true is that?
someone should confirm if this is true.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Phinysmarty(f): 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
STUDY ABROAD CONCEPTZ NIG. IN COLLABORATION WITH EMPIRE STUDY SERVICES GHANA /CHINA

Earn a full tuition Scholarship to Study in China most Outstanding Universities and Experience a huge Differences in the Abroad Educational Transmission Level. The Scholarship is Strictly for Undergraduate interested Students from all over Africa.

SCHOLARSHIP covers your FULL TUITION FEES from your First/Fresher's Academic year upon your Graduation from College, hence your Accommodation/Hostel fees Exempted.
Accommodation : You are allowed to pay for the School Hostel fees and live in the International Hostel or live off-Campus.

REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDES:

1, WAEC CERTIFICATE /HIGH SCHOOL CERTIFICATE(with a Good Grade)
2, INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT DATA PAGE
3, PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH
4, BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

NB:Medicine & Nursing is exempted from the full Tuition Scholarship, thus;There Scholarship covers 75% of Tuition fees and 50% of Hostel fees which left Interested Candidates in Paying 1500USD(both tuition and Hostel fees inclusive) annually for Nursing & 2800USD(both tuition and Hostel fees inclusive) for Medicine annually.

FOR MORE ENQUIRIES,
PLEASE CONTACT STUDY ABROAD CONCEPTZ NIG.
Contact/WhatsApp: +2348030629736
Email:misysmarty@yahoo.com

Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Ichietome: 9:13am On Sep 03, 2017
Donpre:
I think it's a science thing. All science students would take math.
But I didn't take it in jamb
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by chukwukapromise(m): 11:01am On Sep 03, 2017
Ichietome:

But I didn't take it in jamb
Did They Tell u uniport cares About that?..Of Course They dont.. By D Way Did'nt u take Maths in ur Olevel?.. So U better start preparing For Maths.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Blacquin(f): 11:36am On Sep 03, 2017
Writin post utme or screening( which is submit your credentials)
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Donpre(m): 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2017
Blacquin:
Writin post utme or screening( which is submit your credentials)
Both
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Ichietome: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Did They Tell u uniport cares About that?..Of Course They dont.. By D Way Did'nt u take Maths in ur Olevel?.. So U better start preparing For Maths.
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Ichietome: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2017
chukwukapromise:
I level I took since 2015
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by leditexy(m): 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2017
walcut:

someone should confirm if this is true.

Confirmed,it's true
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Blacquin(f): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2017
Donpre:
Both
udontmeanit
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
Uniport indicated that 2nd choice candidates are eligible to come can they give 2nd choice medicine
Re: 2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide by jodavid(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hello all.
Wishing every unique aspirant success.
I see some MBBS students here and the advice they've offered is on point.. As I was once in ur shoes, I followed my predecessors advice and it got me to the level I am today.
However please know that in certain ways uniport is changing under Prof Lale's (The VC) leadership..
If I am to judge based on the way GES exams were last conducted (which has a similar pattern to your pume being Computer based), it means things have changed for real.. There is prolly gonna be a review and renewal of questions.
So I advice you to both do all you've been told so far and just practice every pume materials you can lay hand on.
Once again, all the best folks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (183) (Reply)

University Of Lagos Post-UTME 2012/2013/admissions - UNILAG / University Of Abuja 2011/2012 Post Ume And Admission Update. / 2015/2016 Lasu 2nd Admission List Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.