Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Test - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Test (4094 Views)

Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? / Is Jumia Trying To SCAM Kenyans Again With The OPPO F5? / Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Test by turn2honey: 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
Test
Re: Test by ellagabs(f): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
so u comot 260k buy phone for dis hard times?
dem supos arest u...
shift make i faint

39 Likes

Re: Test by Yelutide: 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
turn2honey:
Earlier this month, I purchased an iPhone 7 from Jumia which was absolutely below my expectations in performance. During the 7 days that the phone got delivered to me, I realized the phone was hanging and I recorded two instances of when the phone hangs and sent the video to Jumia and they retrieved the phone. Here is one of the instances where the phone hangs: https:///p0cWKevnzw

After retrieving the phone, they told me the phone was checked by their support team who only used the phone for 24 hours, and probably only glanced through and nothing happened. Whenever I ask them what happens to my evidences as they could see in the video that the phone hangs, they IGNORE! Which means this whole thing is intentional and they are forcing the malfunctioning phone on me simply because they claim they won't be able to re-sell the Phone.

This phone was below my expectation at first, and now the performance is awful too, am I suppose to waste 260, 000 naira? And now they are not replying me anymore both on twitter and via live chat, especially when I mention the video proof.

OP, I understand your plea... What did you install that made to phone to be hanging? Jumia is right if they say they won't be able to resell it again because iPhone normally come sealed and once you set up your account with icloud and the rest, it will make it difficult to even give someone else to use.

The question is, did they return the iphone back to you or what? If you answer is yes, have you tried it? I ask because I once bought iPhone 7 on Jumia, returned it after 3 days and after 3 weeks, my money was returned back to me. But with different problem. Mine was that It didnt' accept our local sim

Nigerians please help! Until I get heard and refunded!
Re: Test by kiddoiLL(m): 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Yelutide:

OP, I understand your plea... What did you install that made to phone to be hanging? Jumia is right if they say they won't be able to resell it again because iPhone normally come sealed and once you set up your account with icloud and the rest, it will make it difficult to even give someone else to use.

The question is, did they return the iphone back to you or what? If you answer is yes, have you tried it? I ask because I once bought iPhone 7 on Jumia, returned it after 3 days and after 3 weeks, my money was returned back to me. But with different problem. Mine was that It didnt' accept our local sim
Dat wan na story u dey tell am.. dats what he gets fr spending 260k on phone

4 Likes

Re: Test by kingxsamz(m): 12:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
Eyah cry
Re: Test by turn2honey: 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
a

2 Likes

Re: Test by turn2honey: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
a

2 Likes

Re: Test by slinkman(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
ellagabs:
dem supos arest u...
shift make i faint
what seems like a big deal to you isn't a big deal to others

5 Likes

Re: Test by slinkman(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2017
turn2honey:

Installed ke, normal basic apps, gmail, subwaysurf etc. Now I'm scared of even collecting it after hearing your phone came back with a different problem. What did you later do?
no he meant his own had a different problem from yours , if after everything they fail to reply you, try reselling the phone, this bleeped up country won't get you any justice.. take it as a lesson learnt .. are you sure the iphone isn't a clone? Because iphone hanging is an alien language to me, despite whatever you install

5 Likes

Re: Test by harrysterol(m): 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
Op you have 260k and u decided to waste it on a phone? I'm angry with you.

Now u have neither your phone or the money, u had so much to buy a phone what stopped u from buying in a reputable iPhone shop.
Let me announce to you, your 260k is gone
Re: Test by turn2honey: 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
a
Re: Test by turn2honey: 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2017
a
Re: Test by slinkman(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
turn2honey:

That exactly is my point, I heard iphones does not hang. I doubt it if its a clone. I really don't know how to resell stuffs and all
use one currently and no they don't .. the link you posted to the video doesn't work ... I doubt if it isn't a clone .. an iPhone 6 doesn't even hang, less an iphone 7...
Re: Test by harrysterol(m): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
turn2honey:

cry cry cry

that is one of the major disadvantage of online shopping, well if you are in Lagos their head office is at Ikeja you can storm there for negotiations
Re: Test by turn2honey: 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2017
a
Re: Test by turn2honey: 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
a
Re: Test by slinkman(m): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
turn2honey:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2J9rs6_Snjdk9rbXVUdlczcjA/view?usp=drivesdk here is the link please. I've corrected the post also. And the second video isn't on google drive
hmm, try opening AppStore on it and post a link of what it shows , also go to settings , general and about phone , then post a screenshot of all it displays ...
Re: Test by Techpaded(f): 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
Simple
contact your lawyer!!!
Re: Test by turn2honey: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
a
Re: Test by slinkman(m): 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
turn2honey:

The phone is presently with Jumia
then nothing can be done
Re: Test by Nasri100(m): 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
I use an iphone and hanging and an iphone (Especially an iphone 7) are two things that dont go together. Lol i mean its a joke if that happens. Last iphone that experienced a lag issue was, maybe, the iphone 4 You got a clone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Test by Yelutide: 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
turn2honey:

Installed ke, normal basic apps, gmail, subwaysurf etc. Now I'm scared of even collecting it after hearing your phone came back with a different problem. What did you later do?

My money was refunded N360K
Re: Test by millomaniac: 1:07am On Jun 20, 2017
I feel your pain my brother. Na wa ooo
Re: Test by TechPanda(m): 4:51am On Jun 20, 2017
Yelutide Said Quite Alright.
From Your Story, Jumia Won't Give You A Refund And If You Don't Collect It, They Could Sell It On Jumia Market, Who Knows?
I Would Love To Watch Your Video Before I Speak Further.
Re: Test by Stevengold(m): 7:07am On Jun 20, 2017
That's why I prefer buying from a nearby store. You can easily drive down and storm the place. Just contact their customer care.
Re: Test by omoadeleye(m): 7:23am On Jun 20, 2017
Maybe you should be cool with them cause Jumia can't do this bad to you
Re: Test by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 20, 2017
ellagabs:
dem supos arest u...
shift make i faint
Na your moni? Do you know how he got

1 Like

Re: Test by koskilala: 10:01am On Jun 20, 2017
Hmm that's a serious issue o
Re: Test by ammyluv2002(f): 10:42am On Jun 20, 2017
Jeez! 260k just for a phone? Lord, biko hear my prayers and give me a good job like UN & co cry cry cry cry

Op, pele oh! I think, you should just sell it yourself, but don't expect to get back that exact amount!

1 Like

Re: Test by turn2honey: 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
a

2 Likes

Re: Test by rosalieene(f): 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2017
turn2honey:
Jumia returned the phone back yesterday after convincing me. And same yesterday, the phone hanged two times, I've recorded the video and sent it to them and I'm awaiting their response.

Its quite obvious now that they scammed me already cause I'm sure they won't let me return the phone back. And the support team which they claimed that the phone was checked by, they are obviously incompetent. I feel cheated
you can't say you were scammed

u were just unlucky

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help My New Note3 Pro Is Running Android 7.0 Noughat / The End Of Xender As Google Play Introduced Sharing App Service / Warning ⚠️⚠️!! Never Do This With Your Phone. Please Warn Everyone Around You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.