Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Science Education - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Science Education (7221 Views)

Please Help Differentiate Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering / Computer Programmer With A Degree In Computer Science Education? / For Computer Science Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Science Education by bulakos25(m): 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2017
Please gurus in the house i want to know the difference between computer science and computer science education. Can a graduate of computer science education be employ thesame way a graduate of a computer science single honour is going to be employed.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Science Education by bulakos25(m): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
I am still waiting for your response.
Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Science Education by NPComplete: 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
bulakos25:
Please gurus in the house i want to know the difference between computer science and computer science education. Can a graduate of computer science education be employ thesame way a graduate of a computer science single honour is going to be employed.

Even graduates of Yoruba studies can be employed in the same way computer science graduates are employed these days. Just focus on acquiring practical skills and having a portfolio that shows off ur abilities. In the end all will be well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Science Education by Softacle: 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2017
NPComplete:

Even graduates of Yoruba studies can be employed in the same way computer science graduates are employed these days. Just focus on acquiring practical skills and having a portfolio that shows off ur abilities. In the end all will be well
Great!
Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Science Education by seunny4lif(m): 9:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
NPComplete:

Gbam

Nothing else to say
I know 2 guys who studied Yoruba and nos working in I.T companies as Java developers.

Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Science Education by ITCareerINxtGen: 8:02am On Jul 28, 2017
Every such confusions and more are taken care of in this book, "IT Career: A Roadmap". Get it and power your career or job search with core knowledge

See link in signature below or search the title in Amazon
Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Science Education by Jskelly11: 8:32am On Jul 28, 2017
It depends on your skills,I known a lot of computer science graduates who can't write a line of code they just went to school just to be graduates and nothing more.

You know in Nigeria we discriminate a lot so most peeps will rather employ a BSC holder to a B.EDU.
bulakos25:
Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Science Education by idu1(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2017
They are same thing. Comp sci education is equipped to be a professional teacher along being an IT professional.
Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Science Education by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2017
idu1:
They are same thing. Comp sci education is equipped to be a professional teacher along being an IT professional.
Not really. If you check their syllabus you will notice the huge difference... Computer Education are not taught any programming language.. even the basic Qbasic. I am speaking from a Uniben perspective. I might be wrong about other schools tho

(1) (Reply)

39 Android Apps With Source Code For Beginners To Learn From & Make Their Own / Why Most Web Developers Fail / How To Hire Good Programmers In Nigeria (an Experience Based Article)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.