Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

"I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London (41498 Views)

Salwa Eid Naser Runs Third Fastest Time In History To Win 400m / I’m Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain,19-year-old Lady After Winning Medal / Nigerian-bahrain Youngster Salwa Eid Naser Ebelechukwu Wins 400m For Bahrain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by ThisTrend(f): 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
Salwa Naser, a 400m silver medalist at the ongoing World Athletics championship in London, says she is happy to have chosen Bahrain ahead of Nigeria. The 19-year-old achieved her dreams on Thursday by setting a new national record to win both her heat in 50.57 seconds and the semi-final in 50.08 seconds.

After the race, Naser was asked if she had any message for the new board of the Athletic Federation of Nigeria, and she said, “I don’t really have anything to say to them. “The past three years have been a great transition for me and I’m glad. I have nothing to say to the AFN.”

Source: http://www.wobegist.com/2017/08/im-glad-i-dumped-nigeria-for-bahrain.html

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Kamelot77(m): 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2017
omo ale.............. one gold medal dat can't buy Mikel obi carling cup medal

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by NwaAmaikpe: 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
shocked

Nice one.

That's common sense.
It is a curse to be associated or identified with Nigeria.
Just being Nigerian deprives you of some of the basic privileges globally.

Over 17million Igbos can't wait for the day their nationality will officially change from Nigerian to Biafran

304 Likes 23 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Olasco93: 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
One man's thing is another man's poison. Stick to what works for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Heartmender1: 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
kiss

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by jashar(f): 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
smiley smiley smiley
Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Leonbonapart(m): 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
Sweetheart you did the right thing.
in Nigeria th president soak blood and baboon
in Nigeria the president is the head of boko haram you keep hearing of
in Nigeria fulani kill the way they want but no single arrest being made
in Nigeria Bridget's head was cut of by some people who said she preached against dead prophet Mohammed who was eaten up by pigs in his grave
in Nigeria a governor paid fulani to stop killing yet no body know who they are yet they keep on killing

In your next life dump them again

In Heaven don't enter their chamber

Don't even mingle with them in your dream

They are bunch of losers

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by chinoify: 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nne please don't say, because anything you say would be used against you. Thank God you followed your heart.

Soar high.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by sod09(m): 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
good choice atleast you upgrade
not Nigeria to Biafra
from fry pan to fire

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Ademat7(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by BiafranBushBoy: 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
Everyone should do same

1 Like

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Yuji: 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
Who won't do the same? There was a country indeed. Go girl! You get sense. grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by madridguy(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
tongue
Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
All d best. The ones yet to do like wise r killing themselves in d name of 1 Oct.

We can be better, greater and hit beyond d sky if we all can put out all this our differences and make our green white green glory again. I believe in unity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by three: 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nigeria can be so much better.

We just need to get rid of this almost perpetual cycle of kakistocratic governments

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Bolustical: 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
Bahrain is a Muslim country yet they gave her the opportunity to prove herself

Meanwhile here, some PIGS & IDIOTS claim they hate Muslims when in fact Alex Ekueme was a two term Vice to a Shagari and Ekweremadu is currently a Deputy to another Muslim- Saraki.

Very shallow minded set of people.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by ActionsShure: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Better.
Ask yourself what u benefit as a nigerian.
U pay bills
Build your own house
Buy your own car
Dig your own borehole
You provide electricity
Make buglary for your home
I mean u r d govt of yoursef
Fuckin useless country

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Nigeriadondie: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
undecided I ve said it time and again, Nigeria is a useless country not worth the loyalty of its citizen. A country that has nothing to offer its citizen except pain, frustration, hopelessness, nothing good especially for the youth.

I celebrate with u on ur choice, as there are few athletes who made the wise choice of dumping Nigeria for good. Any talking of patroitism for fatherland should pls go the other way.

Nigeria never appreciates the bundle of talented citizens in especially the youths in all fields be it sports, academics, art. But when these talents are nurtured and developed elsewhere they want to identify with these successful individuals they never invested in. I bet u, if that lady was in Nigeria she may never in her life smell ant medal.

Ride on my sis and wish u all d best.

PIGDIN2 most patriotic nairalander where are u? I hope u still ve light for 22hrs everyday?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Nackzy: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nigeria u see urself

1 Like

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by maklelemakukula(m): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
"DUMPED"? I doubt she would use that word

And Nigeria journalists can ask the most heinous questions
Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by onajo2000(m): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
She prefered a greener pasture

1 Like

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by SIGE(m): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Kamelot77:
omo ale.............. one gold medal dat can't buy Mikel obi calling cup medal

hypocrite as though you wouldn't do the same...

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by binsanni(m): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
nice idea jor, nigerian go even rape this one before they pick her self.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Franzinni: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
It's only despiration to love a country that sees you as a mere statistic ...God bless girl..

She looks Biafran tho!!

6 Likes

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by bigsam1992(m): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
u made a great decision

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
wink
Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Sebastine1994(m): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by LadyJasper: 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nigeria sabi kill talent sha, we don't promote excellence at all. Well, what is to be expected of a country that isn't governed by meritocracy?
Congrats to her anyway.

5 Likes

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nigeria is a retrogressive country.. wish i culd discitizen myself

6 Likes

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by Evablizin(f): 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
Good if it is so,her life her choice
Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by agbonkamen(f): 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
Listen to this #song#....... Nigerians rejoice election don come and go, and another one dey come 2019 o. If we work together as one Nigeria no go break forward ever we shall go as we dey enter promised Land... #chorus# Nairalanders say .....ONE NIGERIA grin

1 Like

Re: "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London by ChangetheChange: 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
After the race, Naser was asked if she had any message for the new board of the Athletic Federation of Nigeria, and she said, “I don’t really have anything to say to them. “The past three years have been a great transition for me and I’m glad. I have nothing to say to the AFN.”

grin

Bloggers have twist her words

She never made such statement

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) / Promise Vincent Enyeama To Husband: 'Freezing Cold But I've Got You My Warmer' / Deniz Kedah Wanted To Take Penalty, Fans Left The Stadium In Turkish League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.