Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS (1455 Views)

How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by musabayokanu: 12:50pm On Aug 20, 2017
Please follow this story step by step, to see how we made our investigation and arrived at Hon. SMART EDEMA the CEO of SMARDEN NIGERIA LIMITED, an APC chieftain and House of Assembly aspirant in 2015.

1. They created this link and publication

Gud new to u all!!!!!
UNIPORT Post-UTME / Admission Screening, Date, Cut-off mark 2017/2018
Applications for the University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT Post-UTME/ admission screening exercise for the 2017/2018 academic session is on. UNIPORT hereby invites candidates who made the University their First Choice in the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtained a minimum score of 180, to apply for a Computer Based Test(CBT) Screening Exercise for admission into the University.
How To Apply For UNIPORT Post-UTME/Admission Screening 2017/2018
To apply for the UNIPORT admission screening exercise for the 2017/2018 academic session;
1. Eligible/Cleared candidates are to visit
http://post-utme2017.com/ecampus.uniport.edu.ng/register.php
2. Complete the Online Application form
3. Upload a recent Passport Photograph and a print out of your JAMB Result
4. Click on the Submit button then Proceed to make online payment Using MasterCard, Visa or Debit Cards
5. After payment is complete, please remember to visit http://post-utme2017.com/ecampus.uniport.edu.ng/login.php , login with your email address and password to print out your Acknowledgement slip.
Supporting Documents
• A clear copy of the Acknowledgement slip printed online and pen.
• Copy of O’Level Examination Certificate(s) (WASCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB)/Examination Slip(s) for Candidates awaiting results.
Inconsistency in name or picture on Acknowledgement slip will not be acceptable to the University and may lead to disqualification of affected candidates. Candidates’ names on their O’Level Certificates, UTME results and other registration documents must be the same.
Mobile Phones, Ipad, Ipod, Walkman and similar gadgets or any extraneous materials will not be allowed into the Screening Venue and its environs.
Application Closing Date 2017/2018
Candidates must apply within the Registration period as the online link for the Application Form will be disabled at Mid–Night on SUNDAY, 21st August, 2017.
Admission Screening Schedule 2017/2018
The Schedule of the Screening Exercise is as indicated below:
Day/Date of Exercise Time College/Faculties/Disciplines
1. Thursday, 28th Sept, 2017 7.00am Pharmacy/Agriculture/Education
2. Friday, 29thSept, 2017 7.00am Humanities
3. Saturday, 30thSept, 2017 7.00am Management Sciences
4. Monday, 2nd Oct, 2017 7.00am Engineering
5. Tuesday, 3rd Oct, 2017 7.00am Science/SSLT
6. Wednesday, 4th Oct, 2017 7.00am Social Sciences
7. Thursday, 5th Oct, 2017 7. 00am Physiology/Anatomy/Dentistry/Nursing
8. Friday, 6th Oct, 2017 7.00am Medicine and Surgery (1)
9. Saturday, 7th Oct, 2017 7.00am Medicine and Surgery (2)
Parents and Guardians, as well as uninvited security agents will not be allowed into the campus on the days of the Screening Exercise.
For Technical support services during registration, send an email to: esupport@ecampus.uniport.edu.ng
Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by musabayokanu: 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2017
2. Uniport released a disclaimer

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!! (A MUST READ)

This is to inform all UNIPORT ASPIRANTS to hold on, on their post utme registration. I personally went to ICTC and ADMISSION office today(18/8/17) to enquire about the on-going post utme registration. They told me it hasnt started. Due to my consciousness, I presented the link for them to access on their system. They did and it appears a replica of uniport post utme registration site. I was however clarified on that.
The following conclusion come to my mind;
For UNIPORT to start post utme registration, it must appear on www.uniport.edu.ng (officially) and on "WHAT'S NEW?
Secondary, a sub-link or directory bearing "2017/2018 POST - UTME REGISTRATION..." or "ADMISSION SCREENING..." must appear under the "ADMISSION" HEADING after; " WHAT'S NEW"

In addition, read this post from UNIPORT WEB MASTER:
DISCLAIMER: INTERNET FRAUDSTERS
Hello All,
We wish to draw your attention to the activities
of fraudsters that is all over the web, and to
further sensitise ours and our prospective
candidates against all such scammers, do not
fall victim to them as we are fully armed. Please
spread the message to your colleagues, friends
and relatives.
Please be very much informed that The
University of Port Harcourt will only
communicate to you with the University official
website(www.uniport.edu.ng) and her sub
domains(...uniport.edu.ng) accesible via the
main website(www.uniport.edu.ng). If it is not
from these domains, and you cannot access such
links from "www.uniport.edu.ng", it is not from
us. Type this address on your web browsers to
access us , not links sent to you from emails /
social media, as those links may have been
cloned by the fraudster.
You cannot go to a third party websites to look
for information about the university , worst still
such information concerning admissions , POST
UTME Registration purposes etc other than the
university website. It is only the University of
Port Harcourt that owns and is denoted by
...uniport.edu.ng domains, any other one than
this, whether it contains the key word “uniport”
or otherwise is a scam manipulated by
fraudsters, please be informed. Do not allow
desperation for admission makes you to solicit,
collaborate, nor patronize the services of
scammers; they will scam you of your hard
earned money; If you do that it is your fault,
please be wise. UNIPORT do not and will not
sponsor third parties websites for admissions nor
registration purposes other than the university
website. Any information you do not see on our
websites but on other websites of fraudsters is
not from us.
We wish to use this medium also to further
encourage all our staff and departments /centres
to continue using the institutional email for all
official correspondences, and the institutional
sub domains for all their online presence in the
web in order to continue fostering such
professionalism and uniqueness.
Thank you,
Webmaster

On behalf of my team, we are very sorry for not doing a proper investigation.
#Comr #Awaji #Isaac and his #Team.

Pls, rebroadcast...
Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by musabayokanu: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2017
3. When you click the link a registration page pops up

Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by musabayokanu: 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
4. Upload credentials
5. Application successful
6. Online payment page (ATM card)

Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by musabayokanu: 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
7. Please note the name at the point of payment

SMARDEN NIGERIA LIMITED

Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by musabayokanu: 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
8. SMARDEM NIGERIA LIMITED
on CAC public company search

Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by musabayokanu: 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
9. Google search of SMARDEM NIGERIA LIMITED brought out this number as seen. 08033562839

Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by musabayokanu: 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
10. Phone number search on facebook

Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by musabayokanu: 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
11. Phone number search on trucaller

Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by musabayokanu: 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
12. Picture search on Smart Edema time line on facebook.
MD/CEO OF SMARDEM NIGERIA LIMITED

Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by musabayokanu: 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2017
13. Successful applicant acknowledgement from the scammers

Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by musabayokanu: 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Please push this to front page as at the last count it's upto 504 applicant multiply by N3500.
Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by idlemann: 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
Wow, this is serious.

Meanwhile, 504 xN3,500= N1,764,000. (One Million, seven hundred and sixty four thousand naira).
Re: HOW I WAS SCAMMED BY UNIPORT POST UTME SCREENING FRAUDSTERS by Tabbaz(m): 11:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
idlemann:
Wow, this is serious.

Meanwhile, 504 xN3,500= N1,764,000. (One Million, seven hundred and sixty four thousand naira).

come and answer the fraud allegation against you dude cool

(1) (Reply)

Sea Turned Red With Hundreds Of Whales Killed In Faroe Islands / The Family Of 12 Year Old Demand Justice From Premiere Academy Lugbe ,abuja. / DOWEN: Sylvester Drank Engine Oil From A House Master's Car - Kemi Olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.