₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,991,937 members, 4,201,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 April 2018 at 01:58 AM

Account Opened In My Name, But Without My Permission, What Do I Do? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Account Opened In My Name, But Without My Permission, What Do I Do? (374 Views)

NYSC State Slots Now Opened / Be Prepared As NYSC Camp Will Be Opened Soon - NYSC DG / What Time Will Batch A Online Registration Be Opened On The 8th? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Account Opened In My Name, But Without My Permission, What Do I Do? by expialidocious: 8:28am On Aug 26, 2017
Good day Nairalanders, I desperately need your counsel.
I am a corp member currently serving in a North Central state.
While in camp, we were told to open "Allawee" account. Now, the Banks were grouped such that your state code determines your bank. My state code meant I opened with ECOBANK.
Days after we left camp, while my counterparts with other banks received SMS on the activation of their account with account details, I got none from my bank. So , I called the customer care line given to us in camp. I explained to the operative and he asked me to send my documents (NYSC ID and callup letter on whatsapp to a number he gave.
Hours later, I finally got a Message of account activation from my bank.
The problem is that, about 2 hours later, I got another text, this time, from access bank " Dear Mr. Expialidocious, Welcome to Access Bank. Your new Account Number is *******"*. Thank you."
Now, I have never gotten Access Bank account form in my life. so I certainly am confused about this development. it has got me asking questions like
1. Is it possible for someone to open an account in your name without your consent? Because, I already suspect the ECOBANK guy.
2. Can I take total charge of the account without incriminating myself?
I have a feeling it can be used for fraud.
Please MODs help me move this to the front page. I need your advice.
Re: Account Opened In My Name, But Without My Permission, What Do I Do? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:35am On Aug 26, 2017
First of all tell your Local Inspector abi na LI or Zonal Inpector ZI. Then go to the nearest bank to verify the authenticity of the bank.

It may be that your name is originally grouped under Access Bank and since you call the ECO bank guy, he opened one for you. The guy may be in their marketing department and registering you added a feather to his cap
Re: Account Opened In My Name, But Without My Permission, What Do I Do? by expialidocious: 8:41am On Aug 26, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:
First of all tell your Local Inspector abi na LI or Zonal Inpector ZI. Then go to the nearest bank to verify the authenticity of the bank.

It may be that your name is originally grouped under Access Bank and since you call the ECO bank guy, he opened one for you. The guy may be in their marketing department and registering you added a feather to his cap
Thing is, How would Access Bank open an account for me without having the necessary info like BVN? and I am very sure I was to register with ECOBANK. I' ll call my LI as soon as possible.
Thanks
Re: Account Opened In My Name, But Without My Permission, What Do I Do? by pizzylee(m): 8:42am On Aug 26, 2017
watch man u vs leceister today
Re: Account Opened In My Name, But Without My Permission, What Do I Do? by expialidocious: 8:51am On Aug 26, 2017
pizzylee:
watch man u vs leceister today
Cant. You'll have to tell me scores. grin
But I am serious na

(0) (Reply)

NYSC Scam Is Real! / Enrol For July Makeup Class And Become A Professional Makeup Artist In 5weeks!!! / NYSC Startup Schemes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.