Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation (9117 Views)

Kenya Lawyer Seus Italy And Isreal For Unlawful Trial And Crucifixion Of Jesus / Test, Trials And Temptation / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Omuneizzy6(m): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2017
Nairalanders please i need your wonderful help, have come across this two words which seems to have the same meaning
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRIAL AND TEMPTATION.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by hakeem4(m): 6:15am On Sep 24, 2017
God makes you pass through trials

The devil tempts you cheesy

27 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by kunlealao(m): 6:19am On Sep 24, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
Nairalanders please i need your wonderful help, have come across this two words which seems to have the same meaning

Yeah! The poster above me may be right.

You are tempted the same way u are tried.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 24, 2017
Trials = God, Temptations = Satan....

Meanwhile you'd love to read this
4 Self-Proclaimed African Pastors Whose Miracles Went Horribly Wrong
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by shawnfamous(m): 6:38am On Sep 24, 2017
They are they same....might be different depending on the context

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by petergriffin: 6:45am On Sep 24, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
OMG!! You are too stupid to be stupid infact you are some sort of genius. Trial and temptation are two different words and meaning.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by HeWrites(m): 7:00am On Sep 24, 2017
petergriffin:
OMG!! You are to stupid to be stupid infact you are some sort of genius. Trial and temptation are two different words and meanings

@bolded

Y should u bash?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Financialfree: 7:02am On Sep 24, 2017
hakeem4:
God makes you pass through trials
The devil tempts you cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by elibest360(m): 7:03am On Sep 24, 2017
Trials come from God.
Temptations come from the devil.
Simple..
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by emaxjey(m): 7:04am On Sep 24, 2017
Today was the only day , when My I cried & my mother Smiled on it. Happy Birthday Mother’s lovely child, Happy Birthday to Me.oya. Make una shower me likes Ooo grin

27 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by stephen109(m): 7:04am On Sep 24, 2017
both trail and temptation are test.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by swiz123(m): 7:06am On Sep 24, 2017
Trial means to defend yourself in front of judges. (To face trial) ...temptation is just to lure someone into doing something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 24, 2017
Trail is more like testing something even to you don't know the out come. Business men do this a lot.

Temptation is a situation that would actually provoke one to do bad . good example is in the case of Job.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Criticize001(m): 7:10am On Sep 24, 2017
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Samswags9(m): 7:10am On Sep 24, 2017
emaxjey:
Today was the only day , when My I cried & my mother Smiled on it. Happy Birthday Mother’s lovely child, Happy Birthday to Me.oya. Make una shower me likes Ooo grin

Enjoy You Day

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by frank202012: 7:11am On Sep 24, 2017
trial is from God,a sort of exam.
temptation is of the devil,a trap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 24, 2017
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 24, 2017
Both trials and temptations come from the Devil (James 1:13). Both are tests of faith and you can be stronger if you overcome then. God is not responsible for any. He just lets it happen. In my opinion, the only difference between trial and temptation is that trial seems to produce mental and physical agony, whether mild or severe, while temptation plays with your fleshly desires and gives you the impression that you're missing out on something amazing.

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by netflicks(m): 7:16am On Sep 24, 2017
Trial is the general situation one faces and temptation is an option really bad to get out of your trial moment....e. g an hungry man is tried with hunger (trial) might be given an option by the devil to steal sister Caro pot of soup just to cure using the aroma to attract the hungry man to steal (temptation)... cheesy

The point is endure till the end the world was supposed to end yesterday but I wonder why it didn't... lipsrsealed

The end is near bro.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by terrezo2002(m): 7:18am On Sep 24, 2017
Satan tempts. God tries. God does not tempt anyone with evil. Satan seeks the destruction of a person through temptations

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by donpata(m): 7:18am On Sep 24, 2017
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by 9japrof(m): 7:18am On Sep 24, 2017
Since today is Sunday, I guess you are asking in a religious setting.

Well they nearly mean the same thing, depending on the context being used

Trials can be more direct attacks like persecution from the state or civil society

Temptations are more subtle in the nature, since they don't usually come in frontal attacks, like the allure of sexual immorality, dishonesty, materialism etc

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by MhizzAJ(f): 7:19am On Sep 24, 2017
Here to read comments
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Goandie: 7:19am On Sep 24, 2017
elibest360:
Trials come from God.
Temptations come from the devil.
Simple..

not as simple as u think, yes trial cums from God nd tempt cums from d devil but do u know dey but intertwine dey cant really do without each oda.
you cant have trials without temptations showing is face nd u can face temptations without it being a trial.
example of pple are lot in genesis even job in the bible was goin thru trials(lost all is wealth) nd temptations( is fwend tellin him to curse God) at d same tym.
even Jesus christ also face trials nd temptation at d same time, when he was fasting and d devil offered him dominion over everthng.
they are many more pple who face trials nd temptations at d same tym even though u said one is from God nd d other from d devil, it is almost impossible not 2 face trials without temptations

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Diligentpays: 7:20am On Sep 24, 2017
Trial is more like a test of your quality to do a particular thing while temptation is an strong urge to something, most likely to be bad thing
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by mesoprogress(m): 7:21am On Sep 24, 2017
Trial - facing difficult conditions which could include temptation. Paul faced trials while preaching, from insults, imprisonment, poverty, shipwreck etc. These are trials that can make someone give up on his goals

Temptation - being in a position to sin. Joseph's temptation by portipha's wife. Judas tempted with money to sell his master. Urge to drink or smoke is a temptation, definitely not trial for example.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by bullabong(m): 7:23am On Sep 24, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
Cant you see that the spellings are different ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by amicable09(f): 7:23am On Sep 24, 2017
9japrof:
Means same thing, depending on the context being used
No, they don't.

Understand each word before putting it up for its contextual meaning
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by trinity11(m): 7:28am On Sep 24, 2017
To me, I think trial is the real word. it tends to bring out the real you. while temptation is an advance state of trail because its meant to push you beyond your human/physical ability.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by 9japrof(m): 7:28am On Sep 24, 2017
amicable09:

No, they don't.

Understand each word before putting it up for its contextual meaning

Alright recheck my modified comment please, used the above statement to buy a plot of land on front page
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by BackToLife: 7:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Temptation is temporal, trial is constant. To have deeper understanding read: https://www.nairaland.com/4075132/what-everybody-should-know-cultism#60775884

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graphic Pictures Of Christians Slaughtered In Islamic Nations / South African Church Where Pastor Strips Members During Prayer (PHOTO) / I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.