Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,186 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom (4663 Views)

The Differences Between Intelligence And Wisdom / What’s The Relationship Between Intelligence, Brilliance And Smartness? / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2017
Have you met some really intelligent people that don't make wise decisions?
Clearly these two are different.

What does it mean to be intelligent?
What does Wisdom entail?
Can you have one without the other?
Are they one and the same?

So fellow sapiosexuals converge and let's iron out the difference.,wink
Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by sinaj(f): 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
Hmm

Dnt understand you o!

Intelligence nd wisdom are not the same thing.
Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2017
sinaj:
Hmm

Dnt understand you o!

Intelligence nd wisdom are not the same thing.

Glad I caught your curiosity as an apparent sapiosexual grin
Well since you think they're different, what I simply want to know is what do you think is the difference between intelligence and wisdom?
Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by danieljessy: 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
I wonder how someone can exercise wisdom without being intelligent

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by sinaj(f): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2017
pressplay411:

Glad I caught your curiosity as an apparent sapiosexual grin
Well since you think they're different, what I simply want to know is what do you think is the difference between intelligence and wisdom?
One is inherited while the other one is learned through experience or in school.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by divinehand2003(m): 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
Ask Google and you won't be disappointed

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
sinaj:
One is inherited while the other one is learned through experience or in school.

Hmm. Some are born foolish while some are born wise, You mean?
Or some are born intelligent while some aren't?

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2017
divinehand2003:
Ask Google and won't be disappointed

You'll be surprised, Google "felled" my hand. So here I am putting my faith in the capable minds of Nairaland. So what do you think?
Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by Lessonteacher(f): 8:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
IN MY OPINION INTELLIGENCE IS ABOUT ENLIGHTENMENT AND SELF-AWARENESS, THERE'S ALSO AN ELEMENT OF WISDOM IN ENLIGHTENMENT. ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE "THE FEAR OF GOD" IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM. IN VIEW OF THIS, WISDOM HAS TO DO WITH COMPLETE ADHERENCE TO THE WORD OF GOD

8 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by Florblu(f): 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2017
I know intelligent people are bully. They will bully you into taking or absorbing their views/opinions with their intelligence

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2017
Florblu:
I know intelligent people are bully. They will bully you into taking or absorbing their views/opinions with their intelligence

Lool quite true. Most intelligent people tend to have a superiority complex.
Dare I say you have someone in mind. Is this a sub? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2017
grin

Intelligence is voting for buhari in 2015. Wisdom is voting him out ASAP

9 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2017
Lessonteacher:
IN MY OPINION INTELLIGENCE IS ABOUT ENLIGHTENMENT AND SELF-AWARENESS, THERE'S ALSO AN ELEMENT OF WISDOM IN ENLIGHTENMENT. ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE "THE FEAR OF GOD" IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM. IN VIEW OF THIS, WISDOM HAS TO DO WITH COMPLETE ADHERENCE TO THE WORD OF GOD

That's a very important angle you mentioned. I think in most cases wisdom has an element of spirituality to it.
But then again some unreligious people are wisely running multinational businesses and ruling the world. It's a thin line between Wisdom and Intelligence, I hope we can unravel it.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by sinaj(f): 9:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
pressplay411:

Hmm. Some are born foolish while some are born wise, You mean?
Or some are born intelligent while some aren't?
foolish? No. Mentally Challenged? Yea. We were all born with a certain quantity of IQ that determines our intelligence. If the IQ is below average in a person, the person might not be able to acquire wisdow hereby making him act foolish. Thats where Idiot, down syndrome nd klin. comes in.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
sinaj:
foolish? No. Mentally Challenged? Yea. We were all born with a certain quantity of IQ that determines our intelligence. If the IQ is below average in a person, the person might not be able to acquire wisdow hereby making him act foolish. Thats where Idiot, down syndrome nd klin. comes in.

OK. I get what you mean sinaj. So if you could pick one only which would you choose, to be wise or to be intelligent? Since they're not the same
Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by zimbolaa(m): 9:48pm On Oct 30, 2017
Wisdom is simply the application of knowledge to solving problems/complex issues. One may be intelligent (ability to acquire and impact knowledge) but unable to apply it to solving human problems. That's why so many graduates are jobless. One cannot be wise without being intelligent though.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by Lessonteacher(f): 10:06pm On Oct 30, 2017
pressplay411:

That's a very important angle you mentioned. I think in most cases wisdom has an element of spirituality to it.
But then again some unreligious people are wisely running multinational businesses and ruling the world. It's a thin line between Wisdom and Intelligence, I hope we can unravel it.
BEING RICH IS DIFFERENT FROM BEING WISE, LITTLE WONDER WHY SOME POOR PEOPLE ARE HAPPIER THAN SOME RICH PEOPLE,.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by apharm(m): 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2017
To me, intelligence is acquired while wisdom is d application of dat which has been acquired

5 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by Fessy09(m): 10:54pm On Oct 30, 2017
apharm:
To me, intelligence is acquired while wisdom is d application of dat which has been acquired
I agree with you in totality sir

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by Alexgeneration(m): 12:00am On Oct 31, 2017
Intelligence is the ability to get knowledge but wisdom is the application of such knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 31, 2017
Intelligent isn't wisdom.

You can be intelligent without being wise, but being wise requires a certain level of intelligence... We all don't have d 3figure I.Q but that doesn't mean we all can't make wise decisions when the need arises.
And it ain't everyone wif d 3figure I.Q who end up making d best decisions.

The bottom line is, wisdom is in-built and can only be acquired after certain experiences while intelligence is something you pick up with visitation to the four walls of a classroom.
#shalom.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 5:40am On Oct 31, 2017
danieljessy:
I wonder how someone can exercise wisdom without being intelligent

Good question.
Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 5:41am On Oct 31, 2017
OrestesDante:
grin

Intelligence is voting for buhari in 2015. Wisdom is voting him out ASAP
cheesy
Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 5:44am On Oct 31, 2017
zimbolaa:
Wisdom is simply the application of knowledge to solving problems/complex issues. One may be intelligent (ability to acquire and impact knowledge) but unable to apply it to solving human problems. That's why so many graduates are jobless. One cannot be wise without being intelligent though.

Hats off. I think you nailed it.
Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 5:45am On Oct 31, 2017
zinnyzee:

You can be intelligent without being wise, but being wise requires a certain level of intelligence... We all don't have d 3figure I.Q but that doesn't mean we all can't make wise decisions when the need arises.

The bottom line is, wisdom is in-built and can only be acquired after certain experiences while intelligence is something you pick up with visitation to the four walls of a classroom.
#shalom.
Hats off zinnyzee. You nailed it. wink
Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 5:48am On Oct 31, 2017
apharm:

Quite true Aphaim, But the dictiinary describes both wisdom and intelligence as application of acquired knowledge.
Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by pressplay411(m): 5:54am On Oct 31, 2017
Alexgeneration:
Intelligence is the ability to get knowledge but wisdom is the application of such knowledge.
Quite true but intelligence is not only the acquisition but also the application of knowledge. According to the dictionary. What really differentiates them? I think it's the decision making part.

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by LemonBoy1: 6:34am On Oct 31, 2017
Intelligence is relative. Wisdom is universal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 31, 2017
Lessonteacher:

proverb bah?
Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by apharm(m): 7:00am On Oct 31, 2017
pressplay411:

Quite true Aphaim, But the dictiinary describes both wisdom and intelligence as application of acquired knowledge.
so, basically they are same
Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 7:35am On Oct 31, 2017
zinnyzee:

#shalom.
I'd disagree with the last paragraph. I really don't think wisdom has anything to do with experience. if truly wisdom is in-built, or inherent. rather intelligence has a lot to do with experience and learning, not necessarily within the walls of a classroom.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Intelligence And Wisdom by peripepe(m): 7:38am On Oct 31, 2017
in quick explanation, INTELLIGENCE is knowing Sugar is sweet while WISDOM is knowing that you shouldn't apply sugar inside your stew. ;Din

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Withheld/concealed/incomplete Jamb Results To Drop Complaint Here For Solution / Jacob Barnett, 14, With Asperger's Syndrome, May Be Smarter Than Einstein! / FUTO Student Advertises Himself On Peak Milk Product (see Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.