Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! (10282 Views)

‘boy, 3, Who Drank Acid, Abandoned In LUTH’ / Don’t Let Me Die, Lady Bathed With Acid By Ex-lover Cries. / Acid Rain Forecast In Parts Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by lyfe(m): 10:33am On Mar 21, 2010
There have been heavy rainstorms in the recent weeks, usually in the evening in the South-West Region of Nigeria. Just yesterday when the atmosphere was serene and cool, no rain or wind, everywhere was foggy and one could not see objects in distance, even in my room. That I thought a quarry site had been sited near my house.

Just today, I received this alert
"Be careful from 20th to 28th of this month. There is possibility of an ACID RAIN. The dark circle (Marh) appeared around the moon on 17th last month and is an indication of Acid rain.
Apparently this happens once in 750 years. It rains normally but may cause skin cancer if you expose yourself. This information is from NASA."

I Googled through the internet and saw a lot of warnings similar to this but yet to see one credible source.

Does anyone know about this or been experiencing the same thing.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by Seun(m): 11:44am On Mar 21, 2010
Why not ask the person that sent you the silly alert?
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by oderemo(m): 11:50am On Mar 21, 2010
THE sooner the better, let it rain. bring it on.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 21, 2010
Seun calls it a silly alert. funny.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by darqly(m): 12:02pm On Mar 21, 2010
Yes. Its a silly alert and not only misleading but also a display of ignorance. Since when did acid rains become a calendar occurence? Where will the rain fall,is it worldwide or restricted to africa? Rubbish.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2010
darqly you are the ignoramus.read the op very well and your daft questions are answered.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by snowdrops(m): 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2010
Hope it falls only on Iboris and Igbinedions houses only.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by lyfe(m): 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2010
Seun:

Why not ask the person that sent you the silly alert?
@ MrUniversalModerator  I would not put it that way, if I were you.

Short Chemistry 101 for Mr Seun and darqly.

The rain is always acidic, this is as a result by oxides of Carbon, Nitrogen and Sulphur in the atmosphere, which  emanates from different natural and anthropogenic activities.The rain that falls is not neutral like water that has PH of 7,dark circle or no dark circle rain is slightly acidic usually between the scale of 6.3-6.9.

darqly:

Yes. Its a silly alert and not only misleading but also a display of ignorance. Since when did acid rains become a calendar occurence? Where will the rain fall,is it worldwide or restricted to africa? Rubbish.

This is a rare occurrence and not a calendar occurrence from my first post you would see "once in 750 years"
Please grab today's Tribune Newspaper and check the front-page, before passing that silly comment.

1 Like

Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by ezeodiach: 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2010
there are many things about these kinds of statements that make them not just unbelievable but also outright silly:
*source: what is the origin of this speculation?
*scientific basis: current understanding of the cause of acid rain is the dissolution of acid gases (CO2, H2S, SO2 etc)in water vapour, not an eclipse or any celestial event.
*precedent: has this happened before, under these conditions
*and why should acid rain fall during this specific interval
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by darqly(m): 2:33pm On Mar 21, 2010
@ babaearly,i said the alert was silly not the poster,so ur calling me an ignoramus is amusing and too petty.I asked for facts. @lyfe thanks 4 de chemistry tips But acid rain is a geographical/meteorological phenomenon primarily. If u use the same google u used to find out about the acids involved,u'd find that this false alarm has nothing whatsoever to do with circles around de moon! That shoots holes in the whole matter,NASA isn't so incompetent as to start by telling us rings were spotted ergo expect worldwide acid rain. The acids involved are caused by both man and nature,and increased concentration triggers acid rain. The rain is localized to areas prone to oil and coal burning,smelting and car exhaust in volumes that constitute a threat to de environment. Acid rain has been harming the ecological life on the East coast of the USA since the 1970s and is only a significant threat to humans. It affects statues,buildings and roofs. By the way, this is my field of study- I just don't practise it. End of story.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by Cmiller(m): 2:55pm On Mar 21, 2010
They shuld improve dia skills on threating a Blackman,cos our skin is Black n Though for dia cancer,so let it rain.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by idupaul: 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2010
now these are the kind of threads seun should close instead of closing useful ones
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by ReachRich(m): 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2010
This was in the news this evening.There may be some truth in it.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by Whizkyd: 8:08pm On Mar 21, 2010
Saw d wack message on FB, What drew ma att. Was NASA, Those guys don't give assumptions, they give exact dates so i think its fake, i'll take precautions dou,
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by biina: 8:18pm On Mar 21, 2010
Semi-illiteracy should be a crime punishable by life imprisonment. undecided
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by DeepSoul(f): 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2010
lyfe:

There have been heavy rainstorms in the recent weeks, usually in the evening in the South-West Region of Nigeria. Just yesterday when the atmosphere was serene and cool, no rain or wind, everywhere was foggy and one could not see objects in distance, even in my room. That I thought a quarry site had been sited near my house.

I noticed that today. . . .there has been this funny haze everywhere. Sm1 said it's from Sahara desert. lol.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by ehiabj(f): 9:06pm On Mar 21, 2010
Yeah i hope it does not just on their houses but on them!
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by Sagamite(m): 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2010
I just spoke to a friend in Naija, and coincidentally he was telling me about this circulating text and how it is raising light fear in some people.

I really can't believe how daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaft Nigerians are. Our educational system has broken down completely and the nation is full of buffoons to the point they believe anything that is told to them especially if it comes through a technological medium.

I have been bothered about the population of Nigeria and the continued growth of it especially with global warming affecting natural and horticultural resources. We need to reduce our population.

People like babaearly should be rounded up and taken to a field where a bullet is put in their empty brains. There is nothing there and there is nothing really positive that these kind of people can contribute to our already backward society.

If we are going to reduce the population, we can as well practice eugenics by getting read of the hopeless to ensure we have a useful population.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by Sagamite(m): 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2010
biina:

Semi-illiteracy should be a crime punishable by life imprisonment. undecided

You are too kind.

PUT A BULLET IN THEIR HEADS!
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by oderemo(m): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2010
we can as well practice eugenics by getting read of the hopeless to ensure we have a useful population.
PUT A BULLET IN THEIR HEADS
is that not human cleansing in some form, which is against united nations declaration of human right?so we get rid of the disable in the society as well.
E so e.
am waiting for this acid rain anyway cos my truck battery would have gone down by now. grin grin
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by bilqisss: 9:10am On Mar 22, 2010
I heard on d radio dis morning dat d rumour had been going round before a friend now sent d message to my phone. I think people should confirm rumours before they forward such messages.
Rain is always acidic due to emissions of nitrogen and sulphuric compounds into d atmosphere. D level of acidity now varies. I have not found it anywhere dat acid rain occurs every 750 years. Dat does not even make sense.
Let's just be a lot more nicer to our environment. Our activities should be more pro-environment. Can u believe dat my house is d only one in my close dat has trees?!
Pls work towards a safer environment!!!
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by bilqisss: 9:45am On Mar 22, 2010
Acid rain does not even have anything to do with d moon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by ronkeenuf(f): 9:57am On Mar 22, 2010
Sagamite:

I really can't believe how daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaft Nigerians are.

If we are going to reduce the population, we can as well practice eugenics by getting read of the hopeless to ensure we have a useful population.

I believe we should start from you since you can not even use read rid correctly, hiss. Instead make you educate the ignorant with the little you know, you dey insult angry. If your teacher had killed you instead of teaching you, I wonder how you would know what you boast of today.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by Afam(m): 11:44am On Mar 22, 2010
ronkeenuf:

I believe we should start from you since you can not even use read rid correctly, hiss. Instead make you educate the ignorant with the little you know, you dey insult angry. If your teacher had killed you instead of teaching you, I wonder how you would know what you boast of today.

E be like say the poster don remove the entry.
Re: Acid Rain To Fall Between 20 - 28 Of This Month---Warning! by Seun(m): 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2010

(1)

NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - / NAFDAC Confiscates Fake Drugs Worth N25million In Warri, Seal Shops / If A Girl Has Sex With Two Guys In The Same Week 5days Apart Who Is The DAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.