Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

13 Worst Countries To Visit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 13 Worst Countries To Visit (21559 Views)

5 Hardest Countries To Get Citizenship / 8 Of The Worst Countries For Black People To Travel. / 10 Cheapest European Countries To Study Abroad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Worst Countries To Visit by jpilata(m): 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2010
These are 13 worse countries not to visit.
Afghanistan
Iraq
Iran
North korea
Palestine
Pakistan
Somali
Yemen
Cuba
Niger
Sudan
zimbabwe
chad

just be carefull.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2010
CUBA?!?!?!?!
must be a joke
in term of infrastructures, probably yes due to the US trade embargo but apart from that it is TEN TIMES BETTER THAN NIGERIA.

- free education for all.
- free medical care for all.
- a fantastic healthcare system.
- low crime rate that would make Cuba look like paradise (compare to 9ja).
- fantastic beaches that will make your visit memorable (no area boys to watch out for!)
- go visit one of the many tobacco/sugar cane plantations or just sit back and enjoy looking at how the best cigars in the world are made.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by kidonig: 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2010
Australia
Libya
Algeria

Meanwhile, this thread should go to the travel section.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2010
j.pilata:

Afghanistan
Iraq
Iran
North korea
Palestine
Pakistan
Somali
Yemen
Cuba
Niger
Sudan
zimbabwe
chad

just be carefull.

Why is Nigeria not there ? grin grin grin grin grin

Let me now sit back and get abused by NINs. lol
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by kosovo(m): 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2010
Moved 4rm Politics
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2010
14. Nigeria.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by RSA(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2010
I think it will be better to mention a country and give us the reason for selecting it.For example someone mentioned Iran,apart from political war of words that they're trading with America.The country is peacefull,and as a visitor there is plenty to see and its history make it a special place to visit before one die.

1 Like

Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by noblegas2(m): 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2010
j.pilata:

Afghanistan
Iraq
Iran
North korea
Palestine
Pakistan
Somali
Yemen
Cuba
Niger
Sudan
zimbabwe
chad

just be carefull.

What Makes those three countries worse have u ever been to Iran? or Cuba or even Yemen

MRbrownJAY:

CUBA?!?!?!?!
must be a joke
in term of infrastructures, probably yes due to the US trade embargo but apart from that it is TEN TIMES BETTER THAN NIGERIA.

- free education for all.
- free medical care for all.
- a fantastic healthcare system.
- low crime rate that would make Cuba look like paradise (compare to 9ja).
- fantastic beaches that will make your visit memorable (no area boys to watch out for!)
- go visit one of the many tobacco/sugar cane plantations or just sit back and enjoy looking at how the best cigars in the world are made.

It has been restored!!!
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
noble_gas1:

It has been restored!!!

1) what the hell are you talking about?! as of march 2010, there is still a US imposed embargo on Cuba.
in sept 2009 Barack Obama HIMSELF extended for 12months the embargo (like all former US presidents did in the past)
get your facts right!
although the US "loosened" the embargo last year (travel/money transfer/telecommunication etc), aUS imposed TRADE EMBARGO is still very much in place.

2) even if the embargos were lifted today, it will take decades to bring Cuba's infrastructures to a current level.
imagine all the work that has to be done, everything has to be upgraded E V E R Y T H I N G!!!
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by easylogic(m): 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2010
I have to agree with the most of the countries mentioned.though it would have been nice if the poster gave us reasons.I can think of a few from the top of my head.

1.North Korea
- this has to be the one of the worst places to live.its run by a complete dictator.Cellphones and internet are banned,and no citizen is allowed to leave the country.there are no private or foreign media tv or radio stations,and the only ones which exist are run by the government.
- anyone caught trying to escape from the country is either killed or put in detention camps.if he manages to escape,then his family is hunted down and made to pay for the sins of the escapee.millions of n.koreans are starving and majority of the kids are malnourished and underweight.the dictator who likes to be killed 'the dear leader',has brainwashed his people into believing that he's a god,and all of the problems of n.korea are caused by s.korea and US.
-in one of the secretly filmed documentary,many n.koreans were not aware that there existed other countries outside n.korea!if you were to visit n.korea,you will be assigned a 'minder',a government agent who will follow you wherever you go.you can be sure that you will not be permitted to freely move and talk with n.koreans.

2.Iraq
-though the security situation in iraq has improved,it still remains very volatile with suicide bombers killing people in markets,shopping malls and busy streets.Kidnappings of tourists and wealthy individuals for ransom is also common.
3.afghanistan- very dangerous,suicide bombings are almost a daily thing.also as a female tourist,you will be forced to wear hijab or the bukka,otherwise the society is very oppressive to women,and women who defy these laws are often punished severely.

4.Yemen-yemen is famous for its widespread kidnappings.tourists are kidnapped for ransom.the only good thing is,kidnappers ard known to treat their victims very well.
5.somalia-there is currently a war going on,and there has never been a function government for more than 12years,its a lawless country with little infrastructure and widespread poverty and insecurity.though the northern part of somalia is more stable than the south.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by eddy1977(m): 4:06am On Mar 25, 2010
please remove cuba, zimbabwe from the list.

1 Like

Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by landis(m): 9:46am On Mar 26, 2010
Cellphones and internet are banned,and no citizen is allowed to leave the country

You surely Joking. right?

North Korea is coming to world cup. Many North Korea travel abroad if they have reason to.

They have embassies everywhwhere and do business with many more countries.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by easylogic(m): 10:13am On Mar 26, 2010
@ landis,i am not joking! google any information on North Korea.The world cup team has ofcourse been allowed to travel to the World CUP.The only citizens who are outside North korea are the ones who have managed to escape.The major reason n.korea refuses its citizen to leaue the country is because they don't want them to defect to south Korea.N.korea and South korea are technicaly still at war and their borders are divided by an electric fence,landmines and thousands of US and Korean soldiers.N.koreans are granted automatic asylum in S.korea if they defect.

Please do some research.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by joxiri: 11:19am On Mar 26, 2010
cuba are you serious has the poster lost the plot
cuba is one of the top tourist destinations in the world so theres no way it can be worst country to visit
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by niassawa(f): 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2010
Why cant you give reason why the rest countries are no go area.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by Iwant2know: 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2010
Hmmm,this is funny,how many countries have you been to.Well ,you mentioned 13 countries,there are many more countries to be included and there are many countries to be excluded.
I am in Switzerland,many people travel to Europe and regret thereafter,and many people travel to countries like Niger,chad Yemen and make it through.Just pray to your God to take you to where your luck will shine.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by eebro(m): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Iwant2know,
fenks
You've said it all
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by niassawa(f): 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Iwant2know, True talk man.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by madlady(f): 9:41am On Apr 04, 2010
j.pilata:

Afghanistan
Iraq
Iran
North korea
Palestine
Pakistan
Somali
Yemen
Cuba
Niger
Sudan
zimbabwe
chad

just be carefull.

Cuba shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I love this country. The art scene fantastic and the people are really loving and kind.

Cuba is 2nd on my list of places I would like to live.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by ayettymama(f): 9:47am On Apr 04, 2010
hehehe poster mentioned list of countries i must go

1 IRAN! are u kidding me- land of The beautiful and gorgeous?? no talk am ooo
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by polynesian(f): 1:10pm On Apr 04, 2010
@ frosbel, lmao, i was thinking the same, why nigeria aint on the list, lol

@ kidonig, shame australia??, get ur facts st8, australia tops the lists as being one of the best places to live in the world.

lol, not even the US ranked the best places to live.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by Nobody: 5:45am On Feb 24, 2011
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by adexchamp(m): 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2011
FibbA:

It's important to define one's purpose before travelling to a foriegn country. Cuba is nice if you are coming for studies, tourist visit etc. It's definitly not a place for husslers. But if you think you'll be successfull here, then I leave that to you and your faith.
Is there even Cuba embassy here in Nigeria, ?
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by Nobody: 3:22am On Feb 25, 2011
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by Fogman(m): 6:44am On Feb 25, 2011
Where are the South East Asian countries on this list? Eg Cambodia where poverty ve made them racist, where the sight of a black man is absurd.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by Superbrain(m): 10:25am On Feb 25, 2011
I wonder why Nigeria didn't make the list. Well, I think the choice of the worst countries to visit is relative to your intentions. I wonder why I'll leave Lagos to go and "hussle" in a place like Yemen' Cuba or the Soviet. Of course, Cuba is a beautiful place to visit and smoke enough cigars but to hussle? Nei.

I think Siberia should top the list.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by janand: 11:34am On Feb 25, 2011
According to my knowledge following are worst countries to visit.
- Sudan, Cuba, Iraq, North Korea, Pakistan, Somali, Yemen, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Iran, Niger, Chad and Palestine.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by papagiddy(m): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2011
mostly ISLAMIC COUNTRIES!!
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by adalynda: 9:47am On Jun 18, 2011
Oh we all missed out an African country that treats people like trash. It starts when you come into their airpot. They all gather dogs around you. They ask you to empty your bag and bring out all your items one after the other. When it gets to you inner wears the men ask you to show them off well while they chuckle. They are so poor in that country that they can't afford a security scan machine. They strip you to you panties, intimidate you with questions ,take you for a scan in the hospital (I was pregnant thou) without your permission. After they find nothing on you,they don't even apologise. This is a country I saw on the internet and thought was beautiful.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by adalynda: 9:52am On Jun 18, 2011
The country wrote about is no other thanSeychelles
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by AjanleKoko: 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2011
Iran is okay. Just strict, period. Cuba is also a nice place.

Yemen is a terrible place, really nasty. So is Pakistan.
Re: 13 Worst Countries To Visit by noblegas2(m): 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Iran is okay. Just strict, period. Cuba is also a nice place.

Yemen is a terrible place, really nasty. So is Pakistan.

Yes O, Lots of beautiful women!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations / Passengers Confront Air Peace Staff After Cancelling Flight Delayed For 8 Hours / Car Somersaults On Bridge Gate In Nasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.