Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,332 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Can't Make Calls On My Nokia E63 Since Yesterday! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can't Make Calls On My Nokia E63 Since Yesterday! (6680 Views)

HOT! New Method To Get Unlimited Calls On Mtn / Funny ! iPhone6 Owners say their hair now rips off When They Make Calls [Photos] / HELP Can't Make Calls On With My MTN Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Make Calls On My Nokia E63 Since Yesterday! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2010
I've not being able to make calls on my Nokia E63 since yesterday and i'm really confused.
my MTN goes with my E63, while my Glo with my Nokia 5320
the MTN sim works on 5320 but on the E63 calls won't go through and i see the open padlock symbol when initiating calls
the Glo works on both the E6 and 5320
so it appears for some certain reasons the MTN sim and E63 are no more compatible.
even went to MTN to complain and they pointed out it was from my handset
online research say something to do with call barring/encryption. on cross checking my call barrings are deactivated.
this is really annoying, more so considering today's my birthday! any clues, any one?
Re: Can't Make Calls On My Nokia E63 Since Yesterday! by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2010
i can however receive calls, text and even browse.
Re: Can't Make Calls On My Nokia E63 Since Yesterday! by cantell(m): 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2010
press #330*0000# it works most times. You can also switch ur phone off and then put it on after a while.
Hope it works.
So long.
Re: Can't Make Calls On My Nokia E63 Since Yesterday! by honsule(m): 9:44am On Apr 19, 2010
@Trae.Nice one. problem solved when u changed ur phone from "Dual mode" to GSM.

1 Like

Re: Can't Make Calls On My Nokia E63 Since Yesterday! by N9528GB: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2010
trae_z:

I've not being able to make calls on my Nokia E63 since yesterday and i'm really confused.
my MTN goes with my E63, while my Glo with my Nokia 5320
the MTN sim works on 5320 but on the E63 calls won't go through and i see the open padlock symbol when initiating calls
the Glo works on both the E6 and 5320
so it appears for some certain reasons the MTN sim and E63 are no more compatible.
even went to MTN to complain and they pointed out it was from my handset
online research say something to do with call barring/encryption. on cross checking my call barrings are deactivated.
this is really annoying, more so considering today's my birthday! any clues, any one?

Just backup your files and do a factory restore
Re: Can't Make Calls On My Nokia E63 Since Yesterday! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2010
@honsule: yeah, pity spam bot strikes again. anyway let me repost:

a friend (Yomi Adegboye owner of mobility nigeria dot com) said this "Is your E63 set to 3G? If so, change it to automatic. MTN 3G is currently giving problems with regards making and receiving calls. "

so i went to settings->phone->network and changed the network mode from "dual mode" to "gsm". the other option there is UMTS. and that did the trick. you can always change back to dual as i remember on one of my old Nokia the phone wasn't detecting network and i had to do the reverse (from GSM to UMTS) to get it all good.

some notes:

-Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) is one of the third-generation (3G) mobile telecommunications technologies, which is also being developed into a 4G technology.

-Unlike EDGE (IMT Single-Carrier, based on GSM) and CDMA2000 (IMT Multi-Carrier), UMTS requires new base stations and new frequency allocations. However, it is closely related to GSM/EDGE as it borrows and builds upon concepts from GSM. Further, most UMTS handsets also support GSM, allowing seamless dual-mode operation
Re: Can't Make Calls On My Nokia E63 Since Yesterday! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2010
@honsule: yeah. pity spam bot strikes again. anyway let me repost

a friend (Yo.mi Ade.gboye owner of mob.ility.nig.eria.com) said this "Is your E63 set to 3G? If so, change it to automatic. MTN 3G is currently giving problems with regards making and receiving calls. "

so i went to settings->phone->network and changed the network mode from "dual mode" to "gsm". the other option there is UMTS. and that did the trick. you can always change back to dual as i remember on one of my old Nokia the phone wasn't detecting network and i had to do the reverse (from GSM to UMTS) to get it all good.

some notes:

-Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) is one of the third-generation (3G) mobile telecommunications technologies, which is also being developed into a 4G technology.

-Unlike EDGE (IMT Single-Carrier, based on GSM) and CDMA2000 (IMT Multi-Carrier), UMTS requires new base stations and new frequency allocations. However, it is closely related to GSM/EDGE as it borrows and builds upon concepts from GSM. Further, most UMTS handsets also support GSM, allowing seamless dual-mode operation
Re: Can't Make Calls On My Nokia E63 Since Yesterday! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2010
@honsule: yeah. pity spam bot strikes again. anyway let me repost

a friend (Yomi A) said this "Is your E63 set to 3G? If so, change it to automatic. MTN 3G is currently giving problems with regards making and receiving calls. "

some notes:

Re: Can't Make Calls On My Nokia E63 Since Yesterday! by CharlyG1: 11:51pm On Mar 15, 2013
trae_z: @honsule: yeah, pity spam bot strikes again. anyway let me repost:

Nice one.. I had d same problem, I did this and it worked so well for me. Thanks so very much. Thank u too Honsule

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Choose Btw Infinix Note 4 And Xiaomi REDMI 4x / Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? / Why Is Everybody Ditching Whatsapp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.