Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces (42596 Views)

Difference Between BSc And BSc(Hons) / What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? / Dichotomy: HND Graduates Can’t Rise Above Grade Level 14 ― FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Halo22: 8:39am On Apr 24, 2018
So what do they mean, after wasting time waiting for university admission and jettisoning poly, they are here telling me no disparity again between B.Sc and HND....Na lie, it cannot be. Anyway team HND, na ur luck if it finally becomes true.

1 Like

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by sole26: 8:40am On Apr 24, 2018
crestedaguiyi:

go to Delta state university or UI with an upper credit , its not news
Bro really?
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Bluffly: 8:40am On Apr 24, 2018
Do we think in this country. PGD 1 year, Masters 1 year. Does that make PGD and Masters same?.
Reduce the number of years on HND to 1 and make them qualify for Year 4 in the University. OND should have class for 12 months and 6 months for internship.

Haba, introduce a working structure and not further confuse. No where in the world is a higher diploma equals to a University first degree.

Remember, that curriculum and objective is different. Every course has a description and definition

2 Likes

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by egojeny1(f): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2018
harrismcse:
[color=#990000][/color]

Even if the curriculums are not the same why should the HND graduate have a growth cap in the organization? and why should he/she's entry level be lower?
the truth is that they are both trained to do different things in some spheres of life and I dnt believe that should affect salary group or pay.
and when they are both trained to do the same thing then the best man for the job should have it.

Curricula not curriculums
Curriculum - singular
Curricula - plural

2 Likes

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Johnson5258: 8:45am On Apr 24, 2018
Even Unilag and OOU
crestedaguiyi:

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by proxillin(m): 8:48am On Apr 24, 2018
My step brother got BSc I got hnd. I am a unit manager at my company. He started showing me attitudes.

The poblem is, while we were in school, he used to mock hnd/polytechnic.

Read comments on Nairaland, many of the badbelle here are BSc.

I read computer science..i bet you the computer science they are doing in university is childsplay.

I always come ontop of all bscs at interviews. Same goes to my classmate.

4 Likes

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by NairaMaster1(m): 8:49am On Apr 24, 2018
kingjoe:
when I will believe them is when someone from a polytechnic gains admission to study masters degree without pgd.then call me and tell me it is same

Some of my course mates that had 3rd class and pass went for PGD and my cousin that had distinction in both ND and HND from Yabatech was given masters even though he had to take 3 undergraduate courses.

Life is unpredictable. Let the government convert all the poly to uni tech.

2 Likes

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by proxillin(m): 8:52am On Apr 24, 2018
Bluffly:
Do we think in this country. PGD 1 year, Masters 1 year. Does that make PGD and Masters same?.
Reduce the number of years on HND to 1 and make them qualify for Year 4 in the University. OND should have class for 12 months and 6 months for internship.

Haba, introduce a working structure and not further confuse. No where in the world is a higher diploma equals to a University first degree.

Remember, that curriculum and objective is different. Every course has a description and definition

If you want to do Engineering course go to poly oga.

Engineering is practical not theories. That's the major reason we are backward technologically.

Nigerian universities (maybe not private unis) are lagging behind when it comes to techical practical. Poly is far better oga ade.

Fg did the right thing.

I remember a university colleague at office asking where I learnt everything I do. I simply answer..na my school na. Federal poly Ede. Tougher than most universities in nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by israelmao(m): 8:52am On Apr 24, 2018
Your delivery in the real world will reveal you not your education qualification.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by wink2015(m): 8:56am On Apr 24, 2018
Scrap the entire HND Programme in Nigeria Polytechnic for damn good.

Let the Polytechnic be converted to University of Technology and they should run BTech degree ( Bachelor degree )

The University of Technology can still run OND or diploma programme. But HND DEGREE should be scrapped for good since majority of graduate prefer Bachelor degree to HND and it is what is in vogue in the united states, and europe that we copy their educational model.

HND DEGREE are not even allowed to go for Master degree except they pass through PGD PROGRAMME. So what is the extent of keeping a programme that is problematic?

I DO NOT SUPPORT THE POLICY OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO MAKE THE TWO PROGRAMME THAT IS BSC AND HND EQUIVALENT.

Let the Polytechnic name be changed from Polytechnic to UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY and they will be empowered to run a 4 years Bachelor in Technology degree ( BTECH ) and 2 years Diploma programme.

STOP THE CRAZINESS OF MAKING HND AND BSC TO BE EQUIVALENT.

The same dichotomy or division between HND HOLDER AND BSC HOLDERS will still continue if the government did not do it the way I have explained.

I PREFER THE SCRAPPING OF THE HND PROGRAMMES COMPLETELY OUT OF THE CURRICULUM OF OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN NIGERIA.

Also, the massive number of HND graduate from the existing Nigerian polytechnic should be offer the opportunity of closing out the HND DEGREE that they got from the old system so that they will now have Bachelor degree in Technology.

2 Likes

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by proxillin(m): 8:57am On Apr 24, 2018
egojeny1:

Curriculum - singular
Curricula - plural

Yes university is where you learn English. Polytechnic is where you learn technology. Chinese don't speak correct English, Nigerians who are masters of English are working as slaves for them.

Black brains everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by sole26: 9:02am On Apr 24, 2018
Abeg which of d schools my kid broda fit do ehim Masters in electrical Engineering with distinction from polytechnic.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Bluffly: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2018
egojeny1:

Curriculum - singular
Curricula - plural
There shouldn't be a cap if you've acquired the right qualification to grow. You can't enter an organisation with BSc for example and want to become an MD someday without additional investment.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Bluffly: 9:16am On Apr 24, 2018
wink2015:
Scrap the entire HND Programme in Nigeria Polytechnic for damn good.

Let the Polytechnic be converted to University of Technology and they should run BTech degree ( Bachelor degree )

The University of Technology can still run OND or diploma programme. But HND DEGREE should be scrapped for good since majority of graduate prefer Bachelor degree to HND and it is what is in vogue in the united states, and europe that we copy their educational model.

HND DEGREE are not even allowed to go for Master degree except they pass through PGD PROGRAMME. So what is the extent of keeping a programme that is problematic?

I DO NOT SUPPORT THE POLICY OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO MAKE THE TWO PROGRAMME THAT IS BSC AND HND EQUIVALENT.

Let the Polytechnic name be changed from Polytechnic to UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY and they will be empowered to run a 4 years Bachelor in Technology degree ( BTECH ) and 2 years Diploma programme.

STOP THE CRAZINESS OF MAKING HND AND BSC TO BE EQUIVALENT.

The same dichotomy or division between HND HOLDER AND BSC HOLDERS will still continue if the government did not do it the way I have explained.

I PREFER THE SCRAPPING OF THE HND PROGRAMMES COMPLETELY OUT OF THE CURRICULUM OF OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN NIGERIA.

Also, the massive number of HND graduate from the existing Nigerian polytechnic should be offer the opportunity of closing out the HND DEGREE that they got from the old system so that they will now have Bachelor degree in Technology.
People need to understand that HND and BSc still remains different just like anywhere in the world. Your suggestion is cool but if only the policy makers have got any brain at all.

1 Like

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Bluffly: 9:17am On Apr 24, 2018
proxillin:

Engineering is practical not theories. That's the major reason we are backward technologically.

Nigerian universities (maybe not private unis) are lagging behind when it comes to techical practical. Poly is far better oga ade.

Fg did the right thing.

I remember a university colleague at office asking where I learnt everything I do. I simply answer..na my school na. Federal poly Ede. Tougher than most universities in nigeria
Are the polys still doing practicals. Everyone is just enjoying
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by OhiOfIhima: 9:20am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:
No matter what FG says... the difference between HND and BSC is clear and will continue to be clear grin
Can you vividly define the word Clear you mentioned in respect of your comment..
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by gaventa: 9:25am On Apr 24, 2018
So with my HND can I apply for masters now?
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by damocool(m): 10:34am On Apr 24, 2018
crestedaguiyi:

check your facts very well and be sure you are asking the school authority or hod not some student who think he knows yet knows nothing.

Professional masters bro, not MSc....
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by tundesto(m): 10:35am On Apr 24, 2018
crestedaguiyi:

Only terminal professional masters - MBA. Not MSc that one can further into PhD.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 24, 2018
proxillin:
My step brother got BSc I got hnd. I am a unit manager at my company. He started showing me attitudes.

The poblem is, while we were in school, he used to mock hnd/polytechnic.

Read comments on Nairaland, many of the badbelle here are BSc.

I read computer science..i bet you the computer science they are doing in university is childsplay.

I always come ontop of all bscs at interviews. Same goes to my classmate.

That's the problem. You've not been to the university but you know what they do there. Best of luck fun e o.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 24, 2018
proxillin:

Fg did the right thing.

Another bullshit. While I was in the polytechnic, my colleagues and I all had the same orientation. When we left the polytechnic and got to the university, we realised the poly is a waste of precious time. I attended a federal university for your information, regarded as one of the best in Nigeria.

The truth is there is really no heavy practical work in the polytechnics anymore as being speculated. The polytechnics are a shadow of what they used to be. The universities are not improving though, but the difference is clear.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by ollygee2008(m): 10:54am On Apr 24, 2018
Beginning of a new thing.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by chuggy(m): 11:00am On Apr 24, 2018
MisterGrace:

Please what kind English is this?
Forget the English...Get the message
lol
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by raindrop99: 11:03am On Apr 24, 2018
crestedaguiyi:

Very true, Delsu offered my bro msc admission with HND
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by diplomat058(m): 11:32am On Apr 24, 2018
proxillin:

Yes university is where you learn English. Polytechnic is where you learn technology. Chinese don't speak correct English, Nigerians who are masters of English are working as slaves for them.

Black brains everywhere
That is not a cogent excuse for your lingual deficiency. Are you implying that good communication skills are not part of the polytechnics' curricula?

You appear to have exalted the technical prowess of the polytechnic education way above necessary. Google is your friend, bro. look up the achievements of students and staff in both systems in terms of R & D, innovation and imitation, do a comparative assessment of the two and come back to give your testimony. Your post reeks of misinformation and unmerited arrogance.

The University and Polytechnic can never be the same. One awards DEGREE, the other DIPLOMA. One provides technical education and instructional training while the other is an intellectual powerhouse that provides not just technical education but is also meant to churn out human products resourceful enough to fulfil the other aspects of brainpower.

One is an administrator, the other is a technician.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 24, 2018
Bluffly:

In Nigeria na trial & error things, majority of those who make decisions did not even finish diploma with good results

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Anusiemgood(m): 11:50am On Apr 24, 2018
americanson:
Check today's punch or guardian newspaper... It made headline but not sure about the strength of this declaration though.
According to the reported.. it is stated categorically that committee has been set up to monitor all the government agencies that will likely to go against the order!!
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by alebz007: 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
Good afternoon dear friends, How're we doing today? Just want to wish you all a beautiful day Thinking of building a second income stream? Join Oriflame today!!
Details/Enquiries? Kingsley 08149322437
God bless you.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Geesaintagape: 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2018
Unimportant devt. Create job leave certificate alone cos cert is almost becoming useless in Naija. Go to industries cert is not given attention
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by olumose001(m): 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2018
kingjoe:
when I will believe them is when someone from a polytechnic gains admission to study masters degree without pgd.then call me and tell me it is same
my elder sister just did, she had distinctions in HND tho
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by ultron12345: 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2018
BSc graduates, shey u pple see how it feels to make those lower than you your equals. That's how doctors feel when u all claim lab scientists and nurses and co should be paid same salary, should be called consultant, should be CMD
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by jedyjedy(m): 12:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
That is on paper. Reality nko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Full Meaning Of BTW / Four Chrisland School Teachers Arraigned In Court Over Gang-Sex / UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.