Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot (18970 Views)

What Are Your Favourites Shows On Nigeria Info Fm 99.3 / Critique: M.I 2 / Jah-bless Ft Ice Prince, Ruggedman, Eldee, Durella And Reminisce, Joor Oh Rmx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Ibime(m): 12:12am On Dec 01, 2010
Rappers need to replot their strategies.

I feel sorry for Naija rappers right now. They need to go beg Jesse Jagz to hook them up.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Ibime(m): 12:14am On Dec 01, 2010
I give the album 9.5/10. I only subtracted 0.5 cos the skits were absolutely unnecessary and flopped badly.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 12:40am On Dec 01, 2010
Ibime:

I give the album 9.5/10. I only subtracted 0.5 cos the skits were absolutely unnecessary and flopped badly.

f y64 rate this 9.5 what would you rate Talk About It?? Or Illegal Music??
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Ibime(m): 12:45am On Dec 01, 2010
This is better than Talk About it and Illegal Music abeg!!!

I listened to illegal music just once and revisit certain tracks every now and then. I listened to this one for 3 hours straight. What differentiates this one is the increased African flavour.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 1:01am On Dec 01, 2010
Ibime:

This is better than Talk About it and Illegal Music abeg!!!

I listened to illegal music just once and revisit certain tracks every now and then. I listened to this one for 3 hours straight. What differentiates this one is the increased African flavour.

I guess if we're using Africaness and relevance to 2010 Nigeria as a criteria, then this album is one of a kind . . . but if we remove that and judge them solely on content, then Illegal Music is the best thing Nigeria has to offer.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Ibime(m): 1:17am On Dec 01, 2010
This album scores 8 points for production and musical direction alone. Lyricism is a small factor. What matters is that his lyrics were relevant and still witty at the same time. Content wise, this is just as good as anything he's proferred before if we're talking of content as in staying on topic. He addressed the full collage of issues from personal struggle, love life, corruption, Niger DElta, Jos Riots, Money issues, dealing with fame, introspection, spiritual issues etc. Conceptually, there is nothing missing from the album except perhaps a Hit em up lyrical spazz out. There's less of the poppy production of Illegal music. This is straight up grown mans music.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by kaypumpin2(m): 2:57am On Dec 01, 2010
Ibime:

This album scores 8 points for production and musical direction alone. Lyricism is a small factor. What matters is that his lyrics were relevant and still witty at the same time. Content wise, this is just as good as anything he's proferred before if we're talking of content as in staying on topic. He addressed the full collage of issues from personal struggle, love life, corruption, Niger DElta, Jos Riots, Money issues, dealing with fame, introspection, spiritual issues etc. Conceptually, there is nothing missing from the album except perhaps a Hit em up lyrical spazz out. There's less of the poppy production of Illegal music. This is straight up grown mans music.
Word. . . . need i say more?The African flavour is just insane.

And who the eff is that Praise dude on the epic track?Sounds so Legend erm John.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by dawhizkid1(m): 5:12am On Dec 01, 2010
@Ibime/Kay_Pumping
E be like say na different Version of MI2 na we listen 2 0. How the hell can one rate this eerrrmmm. . . . Weak Album to Talk about It, let alone Illegal Music. It beats me, I Swear. DBR already said it. . . . "the reason we are Loving MI2 is becoz its MI". Btw, My Head My Belle is a 'Crazily Madly Insane' Joint!

Ermmm, Anybody fit send me the bonus cuts for the album plz? Just the Bonus cuts. Thanks. iamdawhizkid@gmail.com
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by 04kaa: 9:03am On Dec 01, 2010
real talk ibime, i agree, the production is superb.

my best 2 joints are still ''no one curse , number one ft flavour !! the no one course beat is bunkers , i can attempt a remake of the beat later on for yall to burst on
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2010
We all luvvv M.i dont we!
Alluva sudden lyricism is now a small factor in hiphop. .hehehe. .great!!
Even tho no one is touchin the genius of Ye' on production. .he still gettin knocks that content is droppin o.

I knu the africanness[i](which is the direction of the album)[/i] of it will grow on dudes. .i said it earlier. .
But only cos its M.i.  RoofTop MCs, Sauckid< Ruggedy or VEC  culdda done this. Heck, thaSuspect culdda done this.

DOnt make me say a Timaya orTerryG culda done it too o grin

Every rapper out there now talk bout some social issues, personal stuff on thier album so it aint novel.
Tell me a rapper/emcee that talks about a topic and his lyrics aint relevant to the topic. .thats a given.
There's nothin in M.i:2 Content that TAI didnt hav . .only TAI has better lyrics and sounds less corny, so watch'all sayin.
M.i:2 aint touchin Illegal or TAI. .eff watchu heard.

Wat technicallity u talkin bout in Action Film U sure they sent u the right file?
Craze. .yes. .and i said that b4. .how ever to reproduce such vocal inflections all u need do is listen to enuff Nicki minaj!!
And no it doesnt seem pedestrian it IS pedestrian. .
I saw ur "My head my belle is crazzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!"
and im like. .oooowwkkayyyyy. .am i missing something?

Ibi must be feelin really generous nowadays. .lol 9.5?
Hmm. . whe was the last time any album hit that(a sincere question)
It's a fun album. .shud get heavy clubs and radio rotations. . yea. .bravo.
Production is the major thing the album has goin for it. .thumbs up!!

So do i like it?. . .'fcourse yes i do!!. .do i rate it high?. .Nehi!!!!!

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by 04kaa: 9:52am On Dec 01, 2010
Ibime:

Rappers need to replot their strategies.

I feel sorry for Naija rappers right now. They need to go beg Jesse Jagz to hook them up.

real talk, jesse jags production is bananas
but,
the album is definitely not a classic, how can ibime score this 9.5??  maybe ibime is drunk or summ??
,, aside from the world class production, lyrics were very watery and devoid of real hiphop elements, , some songs i just wasnt feeling, but because it is MI we had to allow it.!   the hiphop element in the album was zero in my opinion,    so ibime recheck your ears and system , lyrically the album is very very  very weak

production-9/10
beats -5/10
lyrics-2/10
hiphop elements-2/10
commerciality- 7/10
total score -5/10 grin grin
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Ibime(m): 10:18am On Dec 01, 2010
@ DBR/Ofoka/whiz,

I disagree completely. Lyrically I score a 6.5/10. If you think say e easy, try spitting similar flows and see what lyrics you can fit in.

In the first place, I wasn't expecting crazy lyrical content but you can't deny the lyricism on tracks where he's talking about Niger Delta, Jos, Craze etc.

There are loads of classic albums where punchline lyricism is not the determining factor. Common - Like water for chocolate, Mos Def - Black on both sides, Tash - Raplife, Kurupt - Streetz is a mutha etc are such classic examples.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 11:24am On Dec 01, 2010
Ibi, if u are said to be a lyrical artist, waeva flow u choose to go with u shud spit da tight lyrics. .no excuses.
Whether mono flow, half tone. .waeva u wanna call it if ur lyricism doesnt shine thru u goofed!
And it aint about punchline. .u kno me naaa

Truth be told. .based on the hype and idea "the movie" this album flopped big time!!!!
He cudnt even tell captivating story and paint vivid narrative picture. .safe on WWW. .
but then he didnt raise the bar to justify the title. .the movie
I cant confidently call this a hiphop album. .its just a feel good album wit some rapping . .
with some auto tune ishh. .and he stil got lil' popish too. .
But based on its commerciality. .its big time on point!

TAI got me fiendin' bout Illegal. .illegal go me fiendin' bout M.i:2.
M.i:2 got me sayin what was it im fiendin' bout anway. .
not lookin forward to M.i:3, thnks to M.i:2

Sayin its production that determined the "classicness" of these dudes album is an insult to the revered lyricism of Mos Def and Common. .im not even discussin this.

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Ibime(m): 11:36am On Dec 01, 2010
C'mon dawg, Mos Def spend more than half of BOBT sides singing. What lyricism you talking about? Common, like water for chocolate was never about the lyrics but the musical direction.

If there's somewhere to find the lyrics on MI2, I don't think you'll be misyarning. Honestly, all the lyrics were on point with the songs.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 11:52am On Dec 01, 2010
U make it sound like MUSICAL direction means u dont talk sh[i]![/i]iit. .
Jeezz. . .ibi. .so u cant be lyrical cos u singin? !!!

There was no where to find the lyrics of TAI and illegal either. .guess that y this wishy washy lyrics dey trip u.

Like i said, if u rap/sing adhering to a topic, definately ur lyric wil be on point wit the song.
But being artistically lyrical wit it is sth higher! Its beyond watchu say bout the topic but how poetic and creative ur linez are.

A simple way to put it is, this album M.i:2 doesnt show or prove M.i lyrical prowess.

If u dont get this i'l take it some newbie hacked ur moniker.

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2010
Unstopable chorus is so delicious!!. .i like where it says m.iya 9ja oo . . make me wanna cry lol

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2010
@Ibime

I see where you're coming from, but isn't it funny how M.I commits the same offence as Drake and Kanye and you forgive him because it's Africanness he touched on and not emotions.
TML was everything M.I did but focussing on relationships and rise to fame, MBTDF was even better musically but focused on his emotional trauma . . . how are they any different??

I'm a fan of the direction over lyrics style, but Talk About It had everything.

DBR:

If u dont get this i'l take it some newbie hacked your moniker.

oNe

I swear, I didn't do it. grin grin
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by pheesayor(m): 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2010
@kay_pumpin, no qualms I'll wait till when you are less busy just let it be quick sha
About RM's songs, just lemme listen maybe I'll be convinced cos so far I've not been
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Ibime(m): 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2010
@ Eldee,

The difference is that TML production was not better than any of his mixtapes. I don't like poppy production.

Excuse my obvious delight, but I don't think any album combines HipHop with African flavour like MI2.

Now we've had a lot of niggas do African albums. The obvious difference is that they were all wack rappers (incl Ruggedman). This would be the first time I'm seeing a real blueprint for African (emphasis) HipHop. Its a winning formula.

And is someone telling me that MI spit on Craze, Wild Wild West and Choc City Represent is not lyrical. Gerroutofhere!
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2010
@Ibime

Poppy does not mean worse, it just means mainstream. Now as long as you said it already that you don't like it, I'm cool.

Now I don't think this production is better than Talk About It or Illegal Music, it's just exactly the same as TML but Afropop.
And I do agree that this is an Afro-hiphop Blueprint, I look forward to seeing if people like Terry the Rapman, Vector and prolly Modenine will walk this way.

What I find remarkable about the album is that there are only 2-3 typical hiphop brag songs, that's a first for new Nigerian hiphop.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 12:59pm On Dec 01, 2010
LMAO. .wat u call brueprint. .even M.i will credit that to Ruggedy.
But like i say M.i is sm1 we just love. .so when he does it, its like bang!

Now u gettin twisted, im not sure any1 has said those tracks u listed or even the album is not lyrical
it is. .but lyrically weak.
If TAI had M.i:2 level of production. .are u sayin pple wont be overtly disappointed at M.i:2?
Note i aint even comparin his lyricability to sm other rapper. .this is M.i vs M.i
And im sayin TAI/Illegal M.i whooped M.i:2 lyrically! Production wize, M.i:2 kills TAI/illegal. .and that's church!

So it aint bout. ."is someone telling me that MI spit on Craze, Wild Wild West and Choc City Represent is not lyrical?". .boy, that's bull!
Just as u talkin bout the entire production package, im talkin bout the entire lyrical package.
plus, i played represent 1 time. .the mega autotune is not so friendly to ma ears. .will listen to d Tpain when in a Masochism mood. grin

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2010
How una dey listen to music sef? Eldee, i counted 6!!!!
Want me to list em?
Illegal had some trackz that didnt enjoy good mix. .
thats wat make M.i:2 premium. .e'rythin production wize wat tight!

Yea Mode been talkin bout it since mid 2010. .he calls it afroboombap. .
VEC is another dude that will kill it if he does it

Plus, if u really think of it, even the africanness we talkin about aint really heavy.
Just 2 or 3 tracks had the afro flavour thang. .but cos he flowed in pidgin more and the most hooks were pidgin too
we begin to think the beatz has afro infussions.

Unto the 1st track (intro) of RM. .likin the grand feel of the beat so far. .

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2010
@DBR

Hehehe . . . I used the word 'typical' for a reason, meaning tracks like Number One don't count.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2010
Eldeegy,
how far? Heard Ruggedy yet?
I started it. .one track in. .found masef listenin to Banky ft M.i "Feelin it". .
i luv that jam sha. .collabo toh bahhhdd!!! grin

will get back to RM later joor. .for now Banky and M.i on repeat!

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by 04kaa: 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2010
DBR:

Unto the 1st track (intro) of RM. .likin the grand feel of the beat so far. .

oNe

dbr u need to rip this and send it to me , no dey castrate me like this man

@ibime
i think u have a good point, maybe mi made this for commercial success-money
thats why he dropped an illegal music mixtape for the true heads who wanted lyricism then, if i was mi i would drop anoda mixtape for real heads to avoid the hiphop mafia/lyrical weakness criticism.dont u agree?
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2010
04kaa:

dbr u need to rip this and send it to me , no dey castrate me like this man

Hehehe. .i neva castrate u yet. .just applyin pressure to 'em balls grin

But really , tell me ho to do it and i will. .if ma IT guy no mess up o.

Yea M.i will drop a mxtape . .sure. .hopefully. .i guess. .lol.
For now we luvin and dancin to M.i:2

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by 04kaa: 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2010
DBR:

Hehehe. .i neva castrate u yet. .just applyin pressure to 'em balls grin

But really , tell me ho to do it and i will. .if ma IT guy no mess up o.

oNe

ok kool, it is actually something u can do urself, just put the cd in your lappy or pc and press rip in windows media player or realplayer, just rip it and find the location of where it was ripped, thats all, the email is punchlinee@yahoo.com
THE NAIRALAND MAFIOSO.   
IF U DONT GET IT,call the IT boys. and feeling it mi plus banky is it in rugged album too?
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2010
04kaa:

ok kool, it is actually something u can do urself, just put the cd in your lappy or pc and press rip in windows media player or realplayer, just rip it and find the location of where it was ripped, thats all, the email is punchlinee@yahoo.com
THE NAIRALAND MAFIOSO.   
IF U DONT GET IT,call the IT boys.
Hehehe dude. .which be all these naa. .i use the new IMAC. .i nor sabi all the PC paparazzi o.

and feeling it mi plus banky is it in rugged album too?
LMAO. .u nor well o grin
Feelin it is in Banky's album.
I just tire after d 1st RM track, na im i go listento small M.i and Banky

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by lalaboi(m): 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2010
@DBR . . . na wa for u and computers o,   lol

use Itunes,  .to rip instead

@Ofoka

Damn!, Even when u dey naija, na soso free download u dey find! u nor dey naija and u still nefa change! lol.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 2:27pm On Dec 01, 2010
lalabizzle

F'course i don rip the CD naa. .im playin from ma itunes.
the questin is how to send the entire thing

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by lalaboi(m): 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2010
Sent you a PM now
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2010
Errrmm. .Is it coincidence that RM and M.i have Flavor featuring on their track 4?
and how come both track 4 na igbo trado paro? grin
Just wondering.

oNe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Vector Vs Ice-Prince: Who's More Talented? / VIDEO: Phyno – “fada Fada” Ft. Olamide / Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.