Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google (2469 Views)

Find What You Are Looking For Faster On Google / What Is 1 Thing That You Need In Order For Your App/Blog/Website To Succeed? / ***Search Engine Optimization Tutorial Part1 (rank #1 on google in 2weeks)*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by naijafan(m): 11:32am On Mar 30, 2008
@my2cents

Of course, what the almighty igwe didn't divulge (then again, how could he, given his poor grammatical skills - ouch!) is that the "3 visitors per day" is an average, and not the actual.  Perhaps the true SEO don should have asked why the numbers are low.  It turns out, the only advertising I do for the site is on Nairaland so naturally, I expect numbers to be low.  *I will* advertise on Nigerian mass media this year and the numbers will definitely rise.

just checked and its now "2 visitors per day" cry
guess Nigerian mass media translated into negative advertising grin

Just kidding o. before u cut off my head abeg!
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2008
naijafan:

Cut your head off say wetin happen? cool

It is quite possible that yes, the advertising didn't have the appropriate effect. Better yet, it could be that the target audience isn't one to patronize the channels I advertised on. Might also be that we would rather prefer community websites that have to do with relationships and sex as opposed to what could help us all develop. Who knows? As they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I thought it was a good idea, but I guess not. Even Seun, if you've read his bio, started various online ventures before he stumbled upon the success that NL is.

My consolation is that there are at least 150+ members all of whom get a monthly newsletter with tips to succeed in web dev, many have written to tell me that they are getting calls/emails from people who got their information from the WOA website (whether they have actually closed deals is another matter. I am yet to inquire about such) and most importantly, I have met (albeit virtually) a lot of smart and dedicated web developers many of whom, Lord willing, I will work with in one capacity or the other.

As far as WOA goes, I will keep looking at the glass half-filled. Even if the site gets 0 visitors a day, I will still keep it up. I think it is worth it, even if, assuming it were a business, I were losing money.

There, I cut off your head and left a little piece dangling so your head doesn't fall off. How does it feel? grin
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2008
my2cents:

many have written to tell me that they are getting calls/emails from people who got their information from the WOA website (whether they have actually closed deals is another matter. I am yet to inquire about such)

I got a client through WOA and met a couple of web developer through the site including seun (webthinkers.net)

my2cent need to take nairaland easy o, guys here are always looking for mistakes in everything you post so just ignore them man
This section is one of the sections of nairaland where you get ppl posting words like

nigerian just need to wake up

that is the problem with nigerians

that website is crap (when you ask for reviews, even when the only hosting company they have is 127.0.0.1)

even when your site is number 1 on your chosen keyword, they show you how many hits you get per day

see, i no fit shout o
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by igwe4life(m): 8:40pm On Mar 30, 2008
@webdezzi

All i wanted to proof was that anyone can easily rank for any stupid key phrase like my2cents did, sorry i can't provide you with any URLs of my money making websites because i don't want playa haters to trespass in my niches.

@my2cents

Wetin dey worry you self, becos u dey yankee na im make u dey feel, u just dey blab and yab anybody anyhow, make u hold ur fire o!

@nairalanders

Pls read this whole thread and see who the real trouble maker is, i just made an observation and suddenly my2cents tried suffocating me like Obasanjo did Atiku.

P.S I didn't post much since then cause i've been busy on some web projects lately. For those who really want to build and profit from their website look out tomorrow for a free series of tutorials on how to start a profitable website or blog.
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by naijafan(m): 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2008
my2cents:

naijafan:

My consolation is that there are at least 150+ members all of whom get a monthly newsletter with tips to succeed in web dev, many have written to tell me that they are getting calls/emails from people who got their information from the WOA website (whether they have actually closed deals is another matter.  I am yet to inquire about such) and most importantly, I have met (albeit virtually) a lot of smart and dedicated web developers many of whom, Lord willing, I will work with in one capacity or the other.

i called up two php dudes from webmasters of africa for an interview where i work as well. nothing do you. if there's some form of interaction built into the site, it would keep its registered members coming back.

webdezzi:

my2cent need to take nairaland easy o, guys here are always looking for mistakes in everything you post so just ignore them man
even when your site is number 1 on your chosen keyword, they show you how many hits you get per day
sorry sir, but i was just pointing something out on a very light note. wink

igwe4life:

@webdezzi

All i wanted to proof was that anyone can easily rank for any stupid key phrase like my2cents did, sorry i can't provide you with any URLs of my money making websites because i don't want playa haters to trespass in my niches.
GUY, shut up!

igwe4life:

@my2cents

Wetin dey worry you self, because u dey yankee na im make u dey feel, u just dey blab and yab anybody anyhow, make u hold your fire o!
Do i sense inferiority complex in the air

igwe4life:

@nairalanders

Please read this whole thread and see who the real trouble maker is, i just made an observation and suddenly my2cents tried suffocating me like Obasanjo did Atiku.

P.S I didn't post much since then cause i've been busy on some web projects lately. For those who really want to build and profit from their website look out tomorrow for a free series of tutorials on how to start a profitable website or blog.
only toublemakers shout.
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2008
Igwe said:

@my2cents

Wetin dey worry you self, because u dey yankee na im make u dey feel, u just dey blab and yab anybody anyhow, make u hold your fire o!

webdezzi said:
I got a client through WOA and met a couple of web developer through the site including seun (webthinkers.net)

Thanks man. I will add your testimonial to the growing list and will try to keep my mouth shut with respect to trouble makers.

naijafan said:
i called up two php dudes from webmasters of africa for an interview where i work as well. nothing do you. if there's some form of interaction built into the site, it would keep its registered members coming back.
Yeah, the lack of interaction is where I took my eye off the ball. I have been thinking about opening up the source code to others so they can muck around with it and make the site better as I have too busy of late. Truth be told, WOA is my first PHP site and so I was focused more on learning PHP as opposed to offering features. I will note this for future projects (Igwe, see how constructive naijafan's comments are? cool)

naijafan also said:
Do i sense inferiority complex in the air Huh

I hereby second naijafan. Enough said.
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by tundewoods(m): 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2008
It's really painful that i will actually be particpating in a thread that was started almost a year ago,about 8 months later,Anyway thats by the way.

I am a big fan of jolly good fellows and my2cents is no exception.So you can call me a typical Nigerian Arsenal fan when it comes to issues regarding jolly good fellows like my2cents.

igwe4life ]

He's no SEO don, just a newbie who got lucky, if he was a SEO don he should note that the keyphrase "african webmasters" has no searches on Wordtracker so even if his website is the only site on the SERPS he wont get any visitor ranking for that term (no wonder he's getting only 3 visitors per day on his site, probably his own hits ), just for kicks i will dethrone his site in the SERPS within one week, i will takeover positions 1-3 on Google for the search phrase "african webmasters" to show who the real SEO Kings is.

[/quote]

Regarding's Igwe4life's above comment.I think it would really make sense if he threads softly and makes less enemies on public forums.I simply sensed bad blood,beef and irrelevant pride in that post. And was all the that about getting 3 visitors aday. Igwe4life go get yourself much more serious things to do rather trying to pull down.

[quote author=igwe4life:

Regarding your post earlier today above,It seems you claim to have been busy with web projects right ?Well just wondeing why a well established web developer like you is still attaching with sub domain on .com rather than have your won site.I am simpluy curious.  

I am curiously waiting for you to start your tutorials on building and profit from websites.I just hope its not going to be all the regular tips on creating a free blog account like yours on .com

Lastly don't you think the photo on your NL profile ought to be changed its kinda of reminding me of a typical disclaimer photo in Daily Newspapers  grin
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2008
Lastly don't you think the photo on your Nairaland profile ought to be changed its kind of of reminding me of a typical disclaimer photo in Daily Newspapers
ROLMAO!!!
Igwwwweeeee!!! I no tell you about that photo? tongue
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by naijafan(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2008
tundewoods:

Lastly don't you think the photo on your Nairaland profile ought to be changed its kind of of reminding me of a typical disclaimer photo in Daily Newspapers  grin

grin grin grin
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2008
tundewoods:

Lastly don't you think the photo on your Nairaland profile ought to be changed its kind of of reminding me of a typical disclaimer photo in Daily Newspapers grin

Pls get the latest Mortal kombat Armageddon, old man

how can i not see ur numerous blog site?
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by JiggaMouse(m): 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2008
Y'all should stop all this pointless bickering and navel gazing. Persistent verbal assault and battle of wits will not take Nigerian/African webmasters anywhere. Think about those just coming up, how can you encourage them? What about the intermediate guys, how can you help them to become experts?

Let's all try and do something for the Nigerian webmaster (this is [i]Naira[/i]land right?)

The Nigerian Webmasters Forum: Sneak Preview
=======================================

Project Started: April 1, 2008

Dev Status: Pre-Public Beta (still an in house development project, not yet released to the public, but you can join and contribute if you like)

URL: http://naijalive.net/

Brought to you by The [VERY HUMBLE] NaijaLive People (http://naijalive.net)

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Launch A Website Designed With Joomla / New Bbm Channel For All Nigeria Webmasters / Facebook Fanpage With 7k Followers For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.