Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom (20817 Views)

Wife Infects Husband With HIV Most Wicked Way Possible / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by DARA1234: 1:26pm On Apr 14, 2011
Good job aletheia.
  When you are passing a public health message to the masses you use a common language like"HIV NO DEY SHOW FOR FACE" to explain  the fact that  a man or woman looks healthy, beautiful,sexy, well looking does not mean they are HIV free. Here in the UK, I have met many fine and healthy HIV positive people, the same when I work in the USA.
Kobokunje and Ileke-Idi, your point is not too wrong, people with HIV may have symptoms and they may not so to communicate with the masses who wouldn't be asking to feel for lymph nodes, or examine the abdomen(which in most cases will be normal), best thing is to advice everybody to be careful, practice safe sex, don't share needles etc and it is true, let us spread the word;

[size=8pt][size=8pt]HIV NO DEY SHOW FOR FACE[/size][/size]
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by polokor60(m): 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2011
kobo junkie simply admit u had a misconception about hiv and aids.good information from the doctors in this forum.keep educating people like kobo junkie that live in an ivory tower thinking that they intelligent than everyone even in their own profession.we learn from each other on daily basis but some persons have the 'i know it all syndrome'
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by Dahbutter(m): 1:33pm On Apr 14, 2011
Erm,  just two things i like to talk on are as follows:
1. peeps in Akwa ibom 4uck agressively like horses, so am not surprised smiley
2. i just discovered ileke-idi and kobojunkie are unrepentant blockheads, prolly hiv carriers. i mean how dumb can u get, arguing with a professional, and to think i mistakenly took them for smart ones  SMH.   tongue
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by Xfactoria: 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The news is not true . . . . I have been to AkwaIbom and the people there seem healthy and sound. Anyone who has not been to Akwa Ibom in recent years ought to go back there to see. This report is not true at all.  smiley

This reasoning is very unitelligent and to think that someone who lives in the US posted this, gush!!!!

Kobojunkie dismissed clinical statistics on AIDS claiming her visual examination of people in Akwa Ibom on her visit there is more authentic. I can Imagine what your grades in school were/is.

If I were Seun or the moderator, I will just stop you from further posting on this forum!!!!
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche(m): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2011
Kobojunkie statements are quite foolish. The foolish statement that she said in the 1st thread. And she has the nerve to laugh at others, when they make silly statements.

Just because the people look "healthy," does not mean they are healthy. Especially, when you are talking about people who are suffering from HIV.

Let me use the example of presidential elections. A person believes a candidate is going to win, because he sees a lot of signs of a particular candidate in his town. That does not mean that the president is going to win, because he does not know about the rest of the country.

Saying that these numbers are false, because you see a lot of healthy people in the state does not mean that they do not exist.
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by sley4life(m): 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2011
how many are left?
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by Drunk: 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2011
God Help them
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by klear(f): 2:25pm On Apr 14, 2011
baby.me:

300,000 peeps? shocked shocked I live in Akwa Ibom and i never knew it's that much. Thank God i no de do am anyhow and the last time i checked i ben dey clean. Jesus Christ! shocked shocked
grin grin grin tank God 4 ur lyf
Gpowered79:

Hello Friends, how is everybody doing today hope all is doing fine. Anyway i'm here to help so people who are passing through all this i listed here : (1)  Weak Erection of manliness, (2) Low Sperm Count (3) General Body Weakness (4) HIV Patient (5) Diabetes (6) Liver Problem (7) Loss of Memory (cool Stomach Ulcer (9) Rheumatism and Waist Pain. If any of this is your problem you don't have to worry anymore because the solution is here and now, all you need is to call me now on this -+2347039507868 my email-gpowered79@gmail.com   My regard to  you all, Doc Osward Jonathan. Thanks.

Plz man dis is a serious issue & u r tryin 2 sell to us ur gbogbonise drug dat cures all ills? Plz take ur advert 2 d appropriate section. Dis is nt a molue wia peeps advertise drugs especially ones nt certified by NAFDAC.

Ileke-IdI:

Be quiet my friend. Why should I back down when I KNOW I'm right? grin

Babe u r nt right, nt even by a long shot

~Bluetooth:

But I don't have it ?

Better go & do a test grin grin

I wonder wat happens 2 d ABC dat is preached every wia? sad sad sad everybody nids 2 do a test at least once n 3months 4 peace of mind & 2 know ones status & start treatments immediately.
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by sley4life(m): 2:29pm On Apr 14, 2011
Im asking again. How many are left? HIV no de show 4 face. Those of una wey dey pursue cal babes take note. Evry1 in d country should check their HIV status. We might b surprised that 50million are carriers
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2011
You got to be kiddin'
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2011
Kill 'em all!
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by babyme1(f): 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2011
The number is exagerated. My people no get am reach like this now,haba
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by lekyar(m): 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2011
@aletheia shows indepth professional understanding of the issue. The rate of propagation/spread in Lagos could be a source of concern in an earlier post on a topic relating to first experience on hiv test was surprised out of four guys I was the only one who came out negative. And also very true HIV NO DEY SHOW FOR FACE as the guys were very healthy looking.
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by binhozie(m): 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2011
95% of the nigerian/african sex-tapes i've watched are done without the use of condoms
Left for me, i dont discriminate against people living with hiv/aids,
but again i dont give a Bleep about them cos i know it was contracted through unprotected sex
Idiots! They should all die!!
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by eghost247(m): 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2011
could very well be higher than this
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by hackney(m): 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2011
The southern parts of africa are in trouble with this HIV thing; do they still think its spiritual or
are the gurlz just too damn sexy.

Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by binhozie(m): 2:52pm On Apr 14, 2011
by 2022 a quarter of the population of lagos state will be in the latter stages of AIDS
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by MMM2(m): 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2011
not again
akwa ibom d world heavy weight champion on HIV and AIDS, a k a dat NIGGA RAW state.
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by lekyar(m): 2:55pm On Apr 14, 2011
dorothy111:

Kill 'em all!

Too much of spartacus: Blood and Sand.

binhozie:

95% of the nigerian/african sex-tapes i've watched are done without the use of condoms
Left for me, i dont discriminate against people living with hiv/aids,
but again i dont give a bleep about them [/b]cos[b] i know it was contracted through unprotected sex
Idiots! They should all die!!

The level of contradiction is unprecedented at bolded. Go for a test and find out how many ways/ means of transmission. You sure will be more educated.
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by hackney(m): 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2011
From the map ,there's actually a trend: swhili countries and french-speaking countries have higher rates of the desease.
Hmmm (all those hip-winding awilo dance and mapouka are not just entertainment)
Look at where ivory coast is and they still managed to have the same grading as congo area.
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by vaLasce(m): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2011
. . . . .Yeh! tho i walk tru d valley of d shadow'f death,i fear no evil. . . . .who is counting dis tins?
dem don count4;
Lagos
portharcourt
abuja
kaduna
benin
warri
onitsha
calabar
maiduguri
aba
jos
ekiti,and
lokoja
even tho benue is and still remains d flag bearer,
prevailence in d above mentioned cities may suprisingly b higher dan dat in Akwa ibom. . . . .
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by binhozie(m): 3:14pm On Apr 14, 2011
lekyar:

Too much of spartacus: Blood and Sand.

The level of contradiction is unprecedented at bolded. Go for a test and find out how many ways/ means of transmission. You sure will be more educated.

haha!
I'm a university graduate, so spare me the bullshhiitt about ways of transmission
Its all through unprotected sex these days goddamiit  cheesy

Okay lets whittle the means of transmission down

1. Barbing Instruments: Negligible
   Everyone's getting their own hair clippers, those who arent are being shaved with sterilised equipments

2. Needlestick: Hello!
   Even though you cant be really too careful for this one, its safe to say this one's the least threat.

3. Unprotected Sex shocked shocked: Need i say more? keep screwing, keep dying
   No one is warning anyone anymore.
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by jmoore(m): 3:25pm On Apr 14, 2011
we should focus on the number that is being reported. 300,000!! This is not true.

what is the population of the state?
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by seye4nii(f): 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2011
meeeeeeen i don laugh tyerooooo? dr aletghie guuuud job; ileke-idi& kobo accept defeit caz all this syn,syn,syn don kill person oo
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by lekyar(m): 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2011
binhozie:

haha!
I'm a university graduate, so spare me the bullshhiitt about ways of transmission
Its all through unprotected sex these days goddamiit  cheesy

Okay lets whittle the means of transmission down

1. Barbing Instruments: Negligible
   Everyone's getting their own hair clippers, those who arent are being shaved with sterilised equipments

2. Needlestick: Hello!
   Even though you cant be really too careful for this one, its safe to say this one's the least threat.

3. Unprotected Sex   shocked shocked: Need i say more? keep screwing, keep dying
   No one is warning anyone anymore.

Agreed with the statistics on the mode of infection against the decadence in the morals of the youths - you see them displayed their confounding lack of moral latitude in public places- but pity should and more aggressive enlightenment should be advocated not this puerile kill em all stand (will you advocate that for a relative) and if you don't discriminate against this group and at the same time say you don't give a darn about same group and advocate they should all die are you not contradictory ? as a graduate as you care too mention be objective in your response.
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by Afanna1: 3:37pm On Apr 14, 2011
Akwa ibom again?if its not child
witches,then its Aids!
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by SSaemoenl(m): 3:56pm On Apr 14, 2011
If 300,000 had HIV in that state, Then, What is the total population of that state? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Imagine numbers angry shocked

Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by babyme1(f): 4:10pm On Apr 14, 2011
jmoore:

we should focus on the number that is being reported. 300,000!! This is not true.

what is the population of the state?
Ask them o. That means everybody will be positive which is a lie.
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by Kemisesann(m): 4:34pm On Apr 14, 2011
This is unbelievable. Can help come quickly before they die. Chei
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by Kc3000: 4:41pm On Apr 14, 2011
@aletheia, very good job indeed. It is not easy to SHUT UP the resident morons of nairaland. As they admitted, they are stubborn and would not submit to superior logic, just for the sake of having the last word. I've sen these fools capsize the truth, and infuse their ignorance into every thread, today sha, dem jam rock!!!!!!  grin
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by dominique(f): 4:48pm On Apr 14, 2011
sley4life:

how many are left?

beats me. A\Ibom is one of the least populous states in the country. the stats are real disturbing.
Re: 300,000 Infected With Hiv/aids In Akwa Ibom by zenus(m): 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2011
World

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Recovered Patients Of Severe COVID-19 Infection More Likely To Die Within A Year / Would You Permit Your Partner To Be A Surrogate? / How Can I Get Rid Of Mild Acne Off My Cheek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.