Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,093 members, 7,953,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:26 PM

Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman (2528 Views)

Pregnant Woman Climbs High Stool For Maternity Photoshoot / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] / UNBELIEVABLE: Commercial Bus Driver Rapes Passenger From 7p.m To 10a.m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by Babasessy(m): 11:52am On Jul 18, 2011
Taxi driver rapes pregnant woman

SEGUN ADIO

, He raped me in the bush and stole my N16,000 – Victim

It was some minutes to mid-night on Wednesday 22 June, 2011 and fivemonth- old pregnant Lateefat Nurudeen was on her way to Igboho, a remote town in Oyo State. She had departed Lagos hours earlier and in a great hurry.

Reason: Her mother had suddenly developed a form of mental malady. Being the only daughter, she had been summoned. So pronto, she had set out after securing her husband’s consent. But here she was at the middle of nowhere. Not that 22-year-old Lateefat was lost; she was in Saki, another town in Oyo State but another hour’s drive to her home town of Igboho.

She was not particularly a careless individual, but according to her the urge to see her mother “immediately” was uppermost in her mind making her not to take into cognisance the number of hours she would spend on the road. Hence, she had departed Lagos in the afternoon. The regular traffic snarl along Lagos- Ibadan Expressway had affected her journey. It obviously never crossed her mind that by 8:00 p.m, she would still be in Ibadan, the state capital.

Determined to see her mother that day at all cost Nurudeen made for Ibadan where she was fortunate to meet a Peugeot 504 wagon at the Sango Motor Park of the city, apparently the last vehicle to Saki for the day. The journey from Ibadan to Saki was no less tortuous as the car finally arrived in Saki some minutes to midnight. By the time the cab entered Saki, everywhere was dark and deserted. Other passengers in the car hurriedly left for their respective homes, but Nurudeen had nowhere to go as she knew no one in Shaki.

At that stage, Nurudeen reportedly turned to Tajudeen Kazeem, the driver of the cab that took her from Ibadan to Saki, to take her to a nearby police station, where she would be able to pass the night before continuing her journey the following morning. Kazeem reportedly lied to the woman that there were no police stations in the ancient town. Nurudeen became more worried about her safety in that deserted town and that hour. Kazeem, 29, reminded her that it was unwise for a woman of her condition to sleep just anywhere.

He then reportedly offered to help the hapless young woman. Kazeem reportedly told Nurudeen that the best solution for her was to follow him to his house in the town where she would sleep with his wife on their bed. Nurudeen was overjoyed that she would not be stranded after all. She gladly agreed to Kazeem’s gestures. But Kazeem had other plans. He asked Nurudeen to take the back seat of the car while he drove off towards his said house. But few minutes after they left the motor park, Kazeem allegedly turned off the main road towards a bush path.

After they had travelled several minutes in the bumpy bush path, Nurudeen said she became disturbed by the loneliness in the bush but kept faith in the man who promised to help her. After about 10 minutes, Kazeem reportedly pulled off the car by a dark roadside and alighted from the driver side. He moved round the car towards where Nurudeen sat. She took up the story from there: “When he parked the car, I could not see any sign of life around and before I knew what was happening, he had already come to where I was seated and knelt down before me by the car telling me that he liked me and started touching my body.

At that stage, I knew screaming would not help me but I came out of the car and also knelt down and started begging him. I told him that in case he did not know, I was five months pregnant, but instead he dragged me closer to him. When I pushed him off me, he changed completely and barked at me, saying, ‘you better allow me do what I want to do, or else I will leave you in this bush and find my way.’ Nurudeen said when it was clear to her that Kazeem would not hearken to her pleas she grabbed her handbag from the car and headed towards the direction they came from.

Within minutes, Kazeem reportedly ran towards Nurudeen and wrestled her to the ground, tore her pants. He finally had sex with her on that spot. After he finished, Kazeem was said to have told his prey to go to wherever she liked and that he would not take her to his house lest his wife thought that he had brought another wife home.

Nurudeen continued her story: “At that stage, I begged him that he should take me to a hotel so that I could lodge there. He then said he would not take me to any hotel unless I agree that he come with me and the two of us would sleep in the room together. I knew if I refused him coming with me, he might leave me in the bush, so I agreed to his terms. He took me to one hotel where I paid half the money and asked him to pay the remaining half. “While we lay on the bed at the hotel, he asked for sex again and I told him I would scream. He then cautioned himself. Because of what he did to me, I could not say my night prayers again. I wept all night because the man that impregnated me had not even touched me in the last two months.”

Nurudeen’s anger doubled when she could not locate her N16, 000 and two SIM cards she kept inside her handbag. “When I asked him whether he took the money, he barked at me never to ask him such stupid questions again. I could not sleep again. I was just praying that day would break so that he would take me to the park. In the morning when he took me to the park where I would board Igboho bus, I told him to wait for me that I wanted to look for where I would eat.

That was how I picked an okada ( a commercial motorcycle) and went to where I could find a police station to report the case,” she narrated. Kazeem was still waiting for Nurudeen to finish her food when she saw her emerged with three policemen. It then dawned on him that the game was up. He was summarily arrested and taken to the police station, and was later transferred to the state police headquarters at Iyaganku, Ibadan. Kazeem told policemen at their station that the all the woman said concerning him were pure lies.

His words: “I picked the woman from Sango Park at Ibadan. I was to deliver a message to one person at Saki and I got there at 11pm. I called the person I was billed to give the thing to come and meet me at Orita Sango in Saki. After delivering the consignment, and was about to enter my car, the woman came to me that I should take her to Igboho that night and I said it was not possible. For 30 minutes, she was begging me to help her. I then told her that I would take her to my house and that she would sleep with my wife, but on a second thought, I did not do that because my wife is yet to conceive and she might think I brought another wife I have impregnated home to meet her. Then I suggested that she sleep at the back seat. She agreed and I slept in the front seat.”

On the money she claimed he stole, the driver said, “I do not know anything about the money she is talking about. It was when I took her to the car park that I asked for her number and when she dipped her hands inside her bang, she could not find her SIM cards there. Thank God the money on me at the time was not up to N16, 000 she claimed she was looking for.

“ When the police visited Kazeem’s house, his wife confirmed that her husband did not sleep at home on that day, but that he called her that he got to Ibadan late and that he would sleep there, not knowing that the man actually was in Saki when he called her. Police investigation further revealed that Kazeem actually slept with the pregnant woman under duress as there was overwhelming evidence to that effect. Then Oyo State Police Commissioner, Baba Adisa Bolanta said investigations were ongoing and that the man would soon be arraigned for rap
e
http://nationalmirroronline.net/health/living/16410.html
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by maclatunji: 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2011
It is guys like this that give men a bad name. I do not get angry easily, but I am outraged on behalf of the woman, her unborn child and her husband. I must salute her bravery in spite of the horror she went through. Ladies please don't take chances with your safety. All these "Ms. Independent" propaganda is leading to unfortunate situations like this. I hope you take note!
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by blank(f): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2011
I concur with the above poster.
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by kodewrita(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
let's be peacemakers for once. Give the husband some punching gloves and put the miscreant in the same jail with him BLINDFOLDED AND TIED TO THE BED. They are gentlemen and one night's vigorous discussion will settle it, PERMANENTLY.
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by Knight1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 18, 2011
are we even sure that rape was the only offence? i don't trust all em oyo nurtw, maybe it was even a ritual stuff.
bottom line- i hope rape carries life or death penalty
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by adetunrayo(f): 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2011
Serve the man right
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by tpia5: 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2011
where's bashy demy and his itchy privates to explain to us that men will always do this when the opportunity arises.
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by damipaul(m): 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2011
what is this?!!!!!!
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by amarula(f): 7:04am On Jul 24, 2011
I don't believe this. A man rapes u,u follow him to an hotel,pay half d bills,follow him in d mornin to eat before calling the police? What happened to holding on to him at and sreaming ur life out at the moment she got to d hotel? I might be wrong though.i
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by kandiikane(m): 12:36am On Jul 25, 2011
^^I agree, I find it odd she did not tell the hotel staff but then again that might not have crossed her mind. .
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by mafolayomi(f): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2011
amarula:

I don't believe this. A man Desecrates u,u follow him to an hotel,pay half d bills,follow him in d mornin to eat before calling the police? What happened to holding on to him at and sreaming your life out at the moment she got to d hotel? I might be wrong though.i

exactly what i wanted to say,she did not tell anybody about it at the hotel,. she slept on d same bed with him, could not call her husband at any point atall, not even a relative of hers could be reached? undecided
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2011
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by onmakpo: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2011
Hmm. pathetic. when he had a wife waiting for him at home. he needs to be examined
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by abu1882: 2:44pm On Jan 06, 2012
Definitely these kind of men should change their attitude.
Pregnancy Week By Week
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by agiboma(f): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2012
Rape is a traumatizing expereince so for the fact that she allowed him to sleep in the hotel with her and then report it first thing in the moriing i can understand where she is coming from on that note. I hope this rapist rots in jail such a SCUMBAG!
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 07, 2012
He violated me in the bush and stole my N16,000

lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed

*MsD, it's NOT funny! it's NOT funny!!*  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 07, 2012
The story could be true. She may have been in shock after the act, she was in a strange town, shouting in the hotel may only aid the man in escaping. I thank God she was at least bold enough to report the case many women would have covered it up in shame.

What a wicked man the cab man is. I hope other husbands will be better protective of their spouse. She made an irrational decision to travel at that time her husby shouldn't have let her travel.
Re: Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman by Ivynwa(f): 9:26am On Jan 07, 2012
Thank God she lived to tell the story and was so smart that she even got the man nabbed.
Wickedness and darkness is ruling in the heart of some people nowadays and rapists these days kill after r-a-ping to cover their back. Its very s-t-u-pid of some men to allow a few minutes pleasure to destroy their lives.
What with that recent violation/murder/arson case in the US in which two men went into a family violated the daughters and the mother (father was lucky to escape), they went further and burnt the house down. One has been sentenced to death and the other will soon follow the same fate. What crazy waste of the lives of others and theirs for a few minutes pleasure?----huh!

(1) (Reply)

I Am Tired Of Being Married / Shocking Photos: Man Marries His Dead Girlfriend / How Do You Handle A Wife That You Love So Much But Still Cheated On You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.