Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 (65044 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by mykali(m): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2011
^^you still dey opt? you dey dull oo grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by Ibime(m): 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2011
[center][size=14pt]Westerhoff: Its time to seperate the Boyz from the M. . . Marines![/size][/center]

Ipukulu Marines boss Hans Westerhoff today held an open question and answer session with journalists at the players pre-season camp in Navy Base, Borokiri, PH. Mr Westerhoff spoke at length about his plans for the new season the challenges ahead and the contentious renaming of Borokiri Boyz to Ipukulu Marines.

It is believed that the £400m naming rights deal struck with investors from Ipukulu is a deliberate ploy by Borokiri Boyz to circumvent FPL's Financial Fair Play regulations and allow Borokiri Boyz to continue to compete in the Championship under the new moniker of Ipukulu Marines. Some rival managers such as Chamotex and Sir 4k-A-Lot have raised a lot of dust over the issue. These managers have done a topological study of the Borokiri area and discovered that Ipukulu is situated on the fringes of Borokiri, just across the Amadi Creek and bordered on the other side by the Aboturu Creek. According to Sir 4k-A-Lot, "the insidious ploy to pass Ipukulu off as a different entity from Borokiri is distasteful and unethical. Our investigations show that Ipukulu is perhaps a part of Borokiri, therefore the £400m naming rights deal is a case of cunny man trying to circumvent the Financial Fair Play regulations. What is the fair value for the renaming of Borokiri Boyz? In my opinion, Borokiri Boyz naming-rights is not worth one Naira."

In reply, Hans Westerhoff produced a sworn affidavit signed by the Fiberesima family, the owners of Ipukulu Island, stating that they have never held land in Borokiri. Hans Westerhoff also added that the reason that Ipukulu is suspected to be part of Borokiri is because of land reclamation over the past two decades which have expanded the borders of Borokiri closer to Ipukulu, however Westerhoff stressed that the Amadi Creek forms a "natural border between Borokiri and Ipukulu".

After swatting off the journalists questions with disdain, Westerhoff launched into a tirade aimed at Chamotex and Sir 4k-A-Lot. According to Westerhoff, "I would rather concentrate on my teams prospects for the new season than go t!t-for-tat with a bunch of intellectually lilliputian rodents. A £400m injection into my team is simply to aid the team pay wages recently inflated by the amnesty programme, not to spend on transfers. If those two eediots had bothered to read the FPL dictates, they would have noticed that Ipukulu Boyz is limited to a transfer budget of £100m just like any other team in the FPL. I dont know why Sir Eldee is seriously looking to investigate this matter if not to give his team a competitive advantage. Ipukulu Marines should not be hamstrung by regulatory red-tape. We demand fair application of the rules and regulations, not a witch-hunt by Sir Eldee. Players should not be referees." At this juncture, Ipukulu Marines Press Officer Tele Ikuru requested that gathered journalists should focus strictly on football questions.

Westerhoff was then asked about his plans for the new season, to which he replied "My team is 90% ready. I may make two transfer before the deadline on 13th August but that depends on a couple of factors. I have to receive a report from the medical team on whether Sergio Aguero would be fit to start the new season given his exploits in the Copa America. I also have to assess a couple of other situations, but I'd rather keep my cards close to my chest because I know that voyeurs such as Debosky Goonerholics are watching my every statement closely. All will be revealed on the next matchday."

Asked if he had gotten over his disappointment at his failure to defend the H2H title last season, Westerhoff simply shrugged and said that he would put everything right this season. According to him "as you know, we won the H2H title in 09/10 and we got to the final last season, losing narrowly to TBOOGIE. I know TBOOGIE carried all the plaudits last season but this time around, Ipukulu Marines will emerge victorious." He then sent the gathered journalists into a cacophany of laughter by claiming that "TBoogie has no life. I've seen him on some FPL scouting websites gathering information for the new season. The eediot did not even have the common sense to register with a different name. Now I know why TBOOGIE was victorious last season - simply because he was getting tips from other websites."

With this closing remark, press officer Tele Ikuru called a halt to proceedings leaving the gathered men of the Press chuckling as they left the Ipukulu pre-season training complex at Navy Base Borokiri.

George Alagiah

BBC News
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by usbcable(m): 12:07am On Jul 31, 2011
hello Elder eldee,

thanks for the code you sent me, however I seem not to be able to join.
am I doing it wrongly or the codes have expired or changed, because I dint use them on time.

kindly assist.

usbcable(Lighthouse f.c)
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by usbcable(m): 12:09am On Jul 31, 2011
the next button on the join a league page is blanked out even after entering the code.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by Borat1: 1:04am On Jul 31, 2011
usbcable:

the next button on the join a league page is blanked out even after entering the code.

Try typing it in manually
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by usbcable(m): 8:10am On Jul 31, 2011
its still not working cry cry cry
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by wendoworld(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2011
@usbcable: if you are talking about the H-2-H code , maybe the thing don "auto-lock" like eldee talk am undecided or make sure the dash sign(-) is between the numbers just the way wey dem send am to you. Buh if error persist make u and ur system carry una self go see dokitar tongue

BTW: u say u be the real galacticos :O wetin happen to d fake one?
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by GoodMuyis(m): 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2011
eldee link=topic=717997.msg8819557#msg8819557]Lool . . . Coogar is Sauron's friend, so I sent it to him to give it to Sauron[/quote]

hey eldee am Everybody's friend Send me the code too 13 days 2go

[quote author=eldee:

I've sent the H-2-H codes to the first set of people, now I'm going to fill up the spaces with people in the second set.
I did try to ensure they had enough time to register, but it's not fair to others to be asking for the code when it's there unused in sumone else' PM inbox.

I don't have it yet sad
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by ritchboy(m): 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2011
Ibime:
"TBoogie has no life. I've seen him on some FPL scouting websites gathering information for the new season. The eediot did not even have the common sense to register with a different name. Now I know why TBOOGIE was victorious last season - simply because he was getting tips from other websites."

Tboogie dey use spreadsheet play FPL cheesy

P.S. Wetin you dey find for the site? grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2011
mykali:

^^you still dey opt? you dey dull oo grin

Oh boy grin

Send me code, na by force O!

please
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by toosoon(m): 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2011
ritchboy:

sourcing for players grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by chamotex(m): 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2011
ritchboy:

Tboogie dey use spreadsheet play FPL cheesy

Tboogie of course . . . and he found him too tongue cheesy
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by tboy1(m): 10:41am On Aug 01, 2011
Ibime:

According to him "as you know, we won the H2H title in 09/10 and we got to the final last season, losing narrowly to TBOOGIE. I know TBOOGIE carried all the plaudits last season but this time around, Ipukulu Marines will emerge victorious." He then sent the gathered journalists into a cacophany of laughter by claiming that "TBoogie has no life. I've seen him on some FPL scouting websites gathering information for the new season. The eediot did not even have the common sense to register with a different name. Now I know why TBOOGIE was victorious last season - simply because he was getting tips from other websites."

eediot really? because of Fantasy Football?
If i wanted to hide i would have change my username which takes less than 1 min to do, i dont care who know i use other sites to get info (btw i had the site link in my mini league so that shows i dont care who knows about the site) Everyone use different sources and you'll be surprised some are more resourceful than i was and still couldnt win, it all comes to you team selection every week and BTW 90% of what i do there is answer ppls question, i already have my team for this season selected weeks ago, same with last year you will never see my asking what player should i choose because i look at fixtures and potential players who will score big everyweek. Anyways site or no site i promise you will get an azz whooping this season for making me spend 5 mins explaining myself this morning grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by toosoon(m): 11:33am On Aug 01, 2011
tboy1:

eediot really? because of Fantasy Football?
If i wanted to hide i would have change my username which takes less than 1 min to do, i dont care who know i use other sites to get info (btw i had the site link in my mini league so that shows i dont care who knows about the site) Everyone use different sources and you'll be surprised some are more resourceful than i was and still couldnt win, it all comes to you team selection every week and BTW 90% of what i do there is answer ppls question, i already have my team for this season selected weeks ago, same with last year you will never see my asking what player should i choose because i look at fixtures and potential players who will score big everyweek. Anyways site or no site i promise you will get an azz whooping this season for making me spend 5 mins explaining myself this morning grin grin

supported grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by usbcable(m): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2011
wendoworld:

@usbcable: if you are talking about the H-2-H code , maybe the thing don "auto-lock" like eldee talk am undecided or make sure the dash sign(-) is between the numbers just the way wey dem send am to you. Buh if error persist make u and your system carry una self go see dokitar tongue

BTW: u say u be the real galacticos :O wetin happen to d fake one?

I have been able to register my team. however I have only one code sent to me, dont know anything about the H-2-H
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by usbcable(m): 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2011
@wendoworld,
pardon me ignorance on this, its a new world of fun to me.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by eldee(m): 1:42pm On Aug 01, 2011
[size=16pt]Okay, I'll be sending the codes for the Carling Cup this night at 11:00pm.
This is more likely to be first come, first served. . .so please post your requests on the thread, let's get this over with.
[/size]
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by wendoworld(m): 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2011
^^^^^ NA WHICH ONE BE CARLING CUP AGAIN undecided ANY WAY CHA, AM REQUESTING grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by eldee(m): 1:58pm On Aug 01, 2011
wendoworld:

^^^^^ NA WHICH ONE BE CARLING CUP AGAIN undecided ANY WAY CHA, AM REQUESTING grin grin

It's only for teams that didn't make the FA Cup.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by usbcable(m): 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2011
Oga Eldee

Present sir, request submitted
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by GoodMuyis(m): 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2011
Its like Am Invincible here,
Can anyone see me Posting something earlier Requesting for CODE-CODE

Guys are getting Code but here but am not

@eldee is there any Rules Binding that pls ?

eldee:

[size=16pt]Okay, I'll be sending the codes for the Carling Cup this night at 11:00pm.
This is more likely to be first come, first served. . .so please post your requests on the thread, let's get this over with.
[/size]

While am yet to Get one ,

Ok Send me that
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by U1(m): 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2011
"The Conquerors" are back! Time to get real busy as usual. This time it's "Conquerors Reloaded." Kia mosa, abeg send me the codes, especially the H-2-H code because I didn't come on time for that last year. I dey wait o, eldee. cool
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by Vieira(m): 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2011
carling cup please o! OR na only for relegation managers?
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2011
Eldee codes abeg!
H-2-H codes nko?
The way some boys dey make mouth here  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by dyabman(m): 2:13am On Aug 02, 2011
h 2 h code
carling cup also
have got the league but i need those two
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by nonsrule(m): 12:09pm On Aug 02, 2011
Eldee thanks for the codes, really appreciate. I hope to do better this season, my lame excuse for last season was that i was writing my project. But this season, i sit infront on the computer 9 hours a day so wink wink wink Wish everyone all the best this season and, let the games begin! smiley
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by GoodMuyis(m): 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2011
I bet it with you all shocked
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by dyabman(m): 7:00am On Aug 03, 2011
@eldee

i still dey wait, funmi ni code en now
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by Confusion: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2011
Eldee you no dey try o
wetin you want make i do before you give me code
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by debosky(m): 5:09pm On Aug 03, 2011
Even people with only 84 posts want a code? cheesy

No chance when more established nairalanders are still waiting for a code
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by agabaI23(m): 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2011
Oga eldee

Send me the code abeg
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by GoodMuyis(m): 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2011
debosky:

Even people with only 84 posts want a code? cheesy

No chance when more established nairalanders are still waiting for a code

So that means the Game is by Merit

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (70) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 2) On 1st May 2018 / Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.