Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm (11031 Views)

Poll: Who Wins The Community Shield?

Man Utd: 36% (7 votes)
Man City: 63% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Mourinho Throws Away Community Shield Medal--- GOAL / Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Community Shield (1 - 0) On 2nd August 2015 / Chelsea Vs Aston Villa On Sunday, January 2nd; 2.30pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2011
coogar:

you are daft. . . . .sharpen your comprehension skills and read again. . . .

even after i highlighted the word only, it still didn't sink in your chelsea head.
let me simplify it for you cos ritchboy told me you cop periodic brain-farts every sunday. . . . . .what i was trying to say is isolating fewest goals conceded isn't the only parameter to judge the best defence. the number of games lost also count for something.

Dude I saw your "only" . . . And yes while it is arguable that it may not be the "only" parameter, how else would you judge it?
By the number of games you win? How then do we judge the best attack? By the fewer goals they concede?
Quit mixing things up dude.

If a team finishes 10th in the league and the Champions concede 20 more goals than them, which team has the better defence?
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by ritchboy(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2011
nateevs:

Call it joint. Call it all you want.
Yes they do, based on one season.
How else would you put it.

Using your logic, Newcastle and West Brom have a better attack than Spurs because they both scored more goals, and Blackpool's is on par because they scored the same number of goals. cheesy

Midfield nko? How did you arrive at that unfortunate conclusion? cheesy
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2011
ritchboy:

Using your logic, Newcastle and West Brom have a better attack than Spurs because they both scored more goals, and Blackpool's is on par because they scored the same number of goals. cheesy

Midfield nko? How did you arrive at that unfortunate conclusion? cheesy

Don't ask me midfield nko? without accepting your stupidity.
If Blackpool scored more goals than Spurs, yes they do have a better attack than Spurs.
What else would you come up with? Inferior attack?

How do you judge a better attack?
If Blackpool have a defence as good as Spurs', they could easily finish above Spurs!. Simple as.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by coogar: 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
nateevs:

Dude I saw your "only" . . . And yes while it is arguable that it may not be the "only" parameter, how else would you judge it?
By the number of games you win? How then do we judge the best attack? By the fewer goals they concede?
Quit mixing things up dude.

it's a combination of many variables.
--number of goals conceded
--number of games lost
--number of clean sheets.

If a team finishes 10th in the league and the Champions concede 20 more goals than them, which team has the better defence?

see above!
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
coogar:

it's a combination of many variables.
--number of goals conceded
--number of clean sheets.

Now correct!
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by sosereal(m): 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2011
Man city bunch of dumb players,only big names wit little sense.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by ritchboy(m): 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2011
nateevs:

Don't ask me midfield nko? without accepting your stupidity.
If Blackpool scored more goals than Spurs, yes they do have a better attack than Spurs.
What else would you come up with? Inferior attack?

How do you judge a better attack?
If Blackpool have a defence as good as Spurs', they could easily finish above Spurs!. Simple as.

You are a phat phool! grin grin

"Blackpool have a better attack than Spurs" - Nateevs 2011. I should frame this and show it to your grandchildren, provided they don't inherit your stupidity, otherwise they'd think it's brilliant! grin grin grin

As for midfield:

Lamps Cesc
Essien Wilshere
Mikel        Song
Benayoun        Nasri
Ramires Ramsey
Josh        Rosicky
Romeu             Diaby

Of course only one with the brain-power of a hard-boiled egg would say Chelsea have the best midfield in the league cheesy
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by coogar: 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2011
ritchboy:

"Blackpool have a better attack than Spurs" - Nateevs 2011. I should frame this and show it to your grandchildren, provided they don't inherit your stupidity! grin grin grin

As for midfield:

Lamps Cesc
Essien Wilshere
Mikel        Song
Benayoun        Nasri
Ramires Ramsey
Josh        Rosicky
Romeu             Diaby

Of course only one with the brain-power of a hard-boiled egg would say Chelsea have the best midfield in the league cheesy

arsenal's midfield is better than chelsea. i will take city's midfield over chelsea's as well.

nateevs:

Now correct!

so the number of games lost don't count?
what's laudable about a defence that loses more games than their rivals?
nateevs, it's the combination of those 3 factors. . . . .although, it's usual for the meanest defence to concede the fewest goals, the highest number of clean sheets and lose the fewest number of games.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by amblors(m): 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2011
sosereal:

I disagree, they only need a better coach
if you let Mancini he'll buy all the players in this world and wont still win the league.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2011
coogar:

arsenal's midfield is better than chelsea. i will take city's midfield over chelsea's as well.

so the number of games lost don't count?
what's laudable about a defence that loses more games than their rivals?
nateevs, it's the combination of those 3 factors. . . . .although, it's usual for the meanest defence to concede the fewest goals, the highest number of clean sheets and lose the fewest number of games.

To be fair I will give it to you. Only because it's more sensible to argue for it than against it.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 7:55pm On Aug 07, 2011
ritchboy:

"Blackpool have a better attack than Spurs" - Nateevs 2011. I should frame this and show it to your grandchildren, provided they don't inherit your stupidity, otherwise they'd think it's brilliant! grin grin grin

As for midfield:

Lamps Cesc
Essien Wilshere
Mikel        Song
Benayoun        Nasri
Ramires Ramsey
Josh        Rosicky
Romeu             Diaby

It's not ok to tell me how phat a fool I am without saying why you think otherwise.
You have not an iota of sense left in you to stage a meaningful counter with.

Ahhhhh, you are a fool, hard boiled egg, Nateevs 2011. . . . . . blah blah blah! A lot of typing without saying much.
Tell me why you believe Spurs' attack is better than Blackpool's.

As for midfield, can you tell me how you have come to the conclusion that Arsenal's better.
Listing the players I already know doesn't help.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by ritchboy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2011
nateevs:
It's not ok to tell me how phat a fool I am without saying why you think otherwise.

The reasons why you are a phat phool are so obvious i didn't think i'd need to state them, but here it goes:

A. You cannot conclude team A has a better attack than team B based on ONE season's statistics.
B. You cannot conclude team A has a better attack than team B based on ONE competition's(EPL) statistics.
C. You cannot conclude team A has a better attack than team B based on statistics alone when statistics in general can never paint the full picture.

Is Odemwingie better than Torres because of one season? Is DJ Campbell better than Drogba?

Ahhhhh, you are a fool, hard boiled egg, Nateevs 2011. . . . . . blah blah blah! A lot of typing without saying much.
Tell me why you believe Spurs' attack is better than Blackpool's.

Because they have far better attacking players. I have put it as succinctly as possible since comprehension is not your forte.

If you actually believe Blackpool have a better attack than Spurs then i should be apologizing to hard-boiled eggs the world over for comparing their intelligence to yours.

As for midfield, can you tell me how you have come to the conclusion that Arsenal's better.

Similar reason as above, with the chemistry to boot.

Listing the players I already know doesn't help.

Of course nothing can help you. . . You are a lost cause! cheesy
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by BigMeat2: 9:17pm On Aug 07, 2011
what a game of two halves.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by chelseabmw(m): 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2011
manutd really deserved the trophy and they tried
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 07, 2011
guyz, i dont fink using statistics to judge who's best is a very good idea,@ least,not everytime!! For your info, jst cos joe hart had d highest no of clean sheets, amongst oda tins, he was adjuded d best goal keeper in d EPL in dia official website. Was joe hart betta dan VDS or cech last season?? Reina was even rated above VDS. In d strikers category, kuyt was even rated above tevez!!! Look @ a team like barca!! Dey dont concede so many goals bt i will neva say dey hav d best defence. Why BECAUSE BARCA USUALLY DOMINATE POSSESION and dia's usually less pressure on d defence!! Dia are so many factors to b considered, fellas!!
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by nateevs(m): 12:13am On Aug 08, 2011

A. You cannot conclude team A has a better attack than team B based on ONE season's statistics.
B. You cannot conclude team A has a better attack than team B based on ONE competition's(EPL) statistics.
C. You cannot conclude team A has a better attack than team B based on statistics alone when statistics in general can never paint the full picture.

This has to go down as the dumbest thing ever posted by a nairalander in years.
Come on man!. It's a league for heaven's sake.

Since stats never always paint the full picture, we might as well wait for 3 seasons to know who the champions really are, that way we've had more a season's stats to prove the undoubtedly best team. Because the team that wins the PL is called the best team. So how are we allowed to call a team the best in one season, yet can't say another has a better attack based on one season?

However according to your daft logic, "one team cannot be said to be better than the rest in one season"

I am sorry Alfa Ritchboy, in the 2010/11 season, Blackpool's attack was just as good as Spurs' because they scored 55 goals a piece. All this megede fegede you are yarning is trash.

What you are saying is like telling me no team deserves relegation in one single season because one season is not sufficient to adjudge a team the poorest team in the league.

Because they have far better attacking players. I have put it as succinctly as possible since comprehension is not your forte.

If you actually believe Blackpool have a better attack than Spurs then i should be apologizing to hard-boiled eggs the world over for comparing their intelligence to yours.

Hehehehe. Brain Spasm.
Ricthboy 2011. "A team has a better attack when it has far better attacking players" Let's just archive this for future reference. It doesn't matter how many goals they score. Succinctly put indeed!. How daft can one single person?
Get your foot up dude, you are stepping on your brains.

In case this is your first time Witchboy, there is a gulf of difference between attackers and attack.
And better attackers does not equal better attack. How hard can that be?
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by coolcash4l(m): 12:30am On Aug 08, 2011
Clichy or wetin den dey call am don KO OSHI BA MAN CITY. may god help them, they stat well and end bad, ly smiley

nateevs:

This has to go down as the dumbest thing ever posted by a nairalander in years.
Come on man!. It's a league for heaven's sake.

Since stats never always paint the full picture, we might as well wait for 3 seasons to know who are truly champions, that way we've had more a season's stats to prove the undoubtedly best team. Because the best team wins the PL.

However according to your daft logic, "one team cannot be said to be better than the rest in one season"

I am sorry Alfa Ritchboy, in the 2010/11 season, Blackpool's attack was just as good as Spurs' because they scored 55 goals a piece. All this megede fegede you are yarning is trash.

What you are saying is like telling me no team deserves relegation in one single season because one season is not sufficient to adjudge a team the poorest team in the league.

I support this agment:
Hehehehe. Brain Spasm.
Ricthboy 2011. "A team has a better attack when it has far better attacking players" Let's just archive this for future reference. It doesn't matter how many goals they score. Succinctly put indeed!. How daft can one single person?
Get your foot up dude, you are stepping on your brains.

In case this is your first time Witchboy, there is a gulf of difference between attackers and attack.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by ritchboy(m): 8:11am On Aug 08, 2011
Since stats never always paint the full picture, we might as well wait for 3 seasons to know who the champions really are, that way we've had more a season's stats to prove the undoubtedly best team. Because the team that wins the PL is called the best team. So how are we allowed to call a team the best in one season, yet can't say another has a better attack based on one season? 

What sort of reetarded analogy is this? Your brain should be spat on for being so useless.

The league is a competition DESIGNED to be decided by statistics(points, GD, etc), whoever has the most points after 38 games wins it that particular season, FULL STOP. The team that wins the league is called the champion, not the "best team", stop trying to bend facts to suit your idiotic argument.

Having the best defense on the other hand cannot possibly be decided by ONE STATISTIC(GC) of ONE COMPETITION(EPL) over ONE SEASON alone when there a million variables directly affecting the statistic itself unrelated to a team's ability to defend, such as injuries, opposition form, bad officiating etc. Not to mention changes to the teams since the end of the season i.e player sales/acquisitions, change of managers/coaches etc.

Do we sweep the other competitions' stats under the rug? Abi they don't defend or attack there?

Can you show me where you THINK i said this so my bagel can laugh at your terrible comprehension skills?

I am sorry Alfa Ritchboy, in the 2010/11 season, Blackpool's attack was just as good as Spurs' because they scored 55 goals a piece.

It WAS or it IS, or both? In the 2010/11 season Odemwingie WAS also better than Torres, does that mean Odemwingie IS a better player than Torres? In 07/08 Villareal finished 10 points above Barca, i'm sure you'd have rather faced Barca in the UCL in 08/09 than Villareal.

Only in your deluded mind this gulf of difference exists. I'm not talking of marginally or even moderately better players here, i'm talking about far superior footballers. Van der Vaart, Modric, Bale, etc vs Grandin, Ormerod and co? You must be the phatest phool to ever walk the earth! cheesy
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by EfeEkarume(m): 9:35am On Aug 08, 2011
There is only one best team in Manchester , and there is only one worst team in Manchester. LooL!
chelseabmw:

manutd really deserved the trophy and they tried
United is to trophies as City is to monies.
Big Meat:

what a game of two halves.
Nani prevented the third half.
sosereal:

They played as if their legs were 12-month pregnant and they could not even deliver.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by Bvercially(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2011
Man City, are they Rugby Players??, dem think say na by mucles??, totally outcklassed,,,outplayed, by kids for dah matters, The awkward moment is when a Manchester City fan is asked where he lives, he says, MANCHESTER, UNITED KINGDOM., chelshit, Assnal, b wai we r on F>I>R>E cool cool cool
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by ojuyobo111: 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2011
We are the pride of England.

Man-U for life.
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by RuuDie(m): 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2011
Thats the problem with basing decisions on stats alone ~ you'd only be looking at numerals; quantity not quality!
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by debosky(m): 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2011
ritchboy:

Can you show me where you THINK i said this so my bagel can laugh at your terrible comprehension skills?

I have repeatedly made this same observation, it seems to be worsening by the day. cheesy

You must be the phatest phool to ever walk the earth! cheesy

That position is owned by Sharon, so I will have to disagree. grin
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by fagges80: 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2011
man city coach need to sack
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by Effiko(m): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2011
man utd RIDES ON dis Etihad bitches anytime . . . . . .
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by tkb417(m): 11:05pm On Aug 08, 2011
@Ritchie
Not trying to support Nateevs cos I saw some of his comments while the game was on - appalling

But the comment above from you "The team that wins the league is called the champion and NOT the best team" means what?

What's your problem? Are you trying to be funny?

You're not making sense,

The best team in the Europe is Barca not because of anything but because they won a tournament designed to pick the best team - Not a Champion. And if winning the league makes you a champion and not the best team, how do you conclude that a team is better if competitions won shouldn't be a barometer

Back to your argument with Nateevs

Its safe to say based on stat that Odemweinge was better than Torres last season but we all can conclude Torres suffered a dip in form and hence his below par performance. Nobody celebrates history but your current form and there is nothing that says Torres would come out of his 'issues'

So, using past glory to invalidate present stat wouldn't necessarily score u points in ur debate. A man/player is as good as his present delivery. If all a player/team has to show as his worth is his past glory, then nothing more to say

The team with the best backline would be judged on 2 variables. Number of clean sheets and Games lost. A team with fewer goals conceded that lost many games might not necessarily be the best backline in the league /Vice versa

2 cents
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by tkb417(m): 11:05pm On Aug 08, 2011
*deleted*
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by tkb417(m): 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2011
*deleted*
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by tkb417(m): 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2011
9ja network
*double post*
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by ritchboy(m): 5:49pm On Aug 09, 2011
tkb417:

@Ritchie
Not trying to support Nateevs cos I saw some of his comments while the game was on - appalling

But the comment above from you "The team that wins the league is called the champion and NOT the best team" means what?

What's your problem? Are you trying to be funny?

You're not making sense,

The best team in the Europe is Barca not because of anything but because they won a tournament designed to pick the best team - Not a Champion. And if winning the league makes you a champion and not the best team, how do you conclude that a team is better if competitions won shouldn't be a barometer

Back to your argument with Nateevs

Its safe to say based on stat that Odemweinge was better than Torres last season but we all can conclude Torres suffered a dip in form and hence his below par performance. Nobody celebrates history but your current form and there is nothing that says Torres would come out of his 'issues'

So, using past glory to invalidate present stat wouldn't necessarily score u points in your debate. A man/player is as good as his present delivery. If all a player/team has to show as his worth is his past glory, then nothing more to say

The team with the best backline would be judged on 2 variables. Number of clean sheets and Games lost. A team with fewer goals conceded that lost many games might not necessarily be the best backline in the league /Vice versa

2 cents

Oh no, you too? sad sad cry cry grin grin
Re: Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm by Effiko(m): 9:23pm On Aug 09, 2011
whch cum be sai if u win tournament u be champion buh no be u be de best team . . . . na wa oooo . . . ppl nd dia analysis sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 / Manchester United Vs Fulham (1 - 1) On 18th May 2021 / Guardiola To Snub Chelsea For Manchester United Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.