Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? (5801 Views)

Solution To Getting BIS Edge Or 3g Network Symbol On Android. / Hi Guys Were Can I Download 2go 4 My Htc T.mobile Dash 3g Phone.pls / Converting Phone's Internet Connection To Wifi Or Wireless Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by bodee(m): 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2011
There are 2 phones Nokia C2-01 with 3G
(the cheapest 3G phone) and Nokia C3 with WIFI and both costs 15-17k.Which should i go for bearing it mind that 3G signify fast internet browsing.Pls i really need to get one soon.Thanks
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by lynxnoon(m): 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2011
3G
U won't be searching for wifi signals everywhere you go would u?
Or carrying a charger with u undecided cheesy
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Dabss(m): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2011
lynxnoon:

3G
U won't be searching for wifi signals everywhere you go would u?
Or carrying a charger with u undecided cheesy
wifi uses less power frm my own experience
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Lexusgs430: 11:16am On Sep 27, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Says who ?
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Dabss(m): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2011
Lexusgs430:

Says who ?
yes it takes less power unless the router is far from the device
Note - just speaking from my own exprience
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Lexusgs430: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

yes it takes less power unless the router is far from the device
Note - just speaking from my own exprience

I totally respect your views, but the idea of WIFI connectivity is to be able to go online, while sipping Remy Martin and crunching BBQ in the garden or sending out all my belle contents in the big boys room etc etc etc
If I wanted to be close to the router, I might as well use my desktop !!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by lynxnoon(m): 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

yesu r right, but poster said he wants a fone not just a wireless device to connect to the internet wink
cheers
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Dabss(m): 6:49pm On Sep 27, 2011
You guy dont get me. For eg. If you are connected to the router at the office with your phone, the phone uses far less power compared to 3g. My 3gs can download on wifi for 6hrs+ but barely reaches 4hrs on 3g ntwk.
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by OmichaelO: 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2011
to me,go for nokia c2-01,it as 3g,3.2mp etc, tho' it looks so simple, on the other hand nokia c3 is also a nice phone, but wifi is kinda scarce,its not readily available everywhere like 3g all nigerian networks now as 3g, so u will enjoy better browsing experenice, and c2 is relatively cheap, #11.8kto me,go for nokia c2-01,it as 3g,3.2mp etc, tho' it looks so simple, on the other hand nokia c3 is also a nice phone, but wifi is kinda scarce,its not readily available everywhere like 3g all nigerian networks now as 3g, so u will enjoy better browsing experenice, and c2 is relatively cheap, #11.8k
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by OmichaelO: 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2011
to me,go for nokia
c2-01,it as 3g,3.2mp etc, tho' it
looks so simple, on the other hand
nokia c3 is also a nice phone, but
wifi is kinda scarce,its not readily
available everywhere like 3g all
nigerian networks now as 3g, so u
will enjoy better browsing
experenice, and c2 is relatively
cheap, #11.8k
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Natasha2(f): 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2011
would have said wifi but since its Nigeria would go for 3g
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by OmichaelO: 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2011
Natasha,,:

True that!!
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2011
Only if you have access to wifi,that is when you can consider a wifi phone if not go for a 3G phone.
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by kombats: 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2011
@ OP
Things u need to consider in ur area if they is 3g coverage in ur area and their is a free wifi server 4 u to use before choosing which one 2 go for
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Konjour(m): 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2011
Why opt for one when you can have both? There are loads of Nokia mobiles that come with both packages at affordable amounts.
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2011
Good 3g phone usually comes with wifi. Samsug, BB,etc quality phones usually have both.
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2011
well u are in nigeria how many places do u get free wifi stick to 3g
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by chuksme(m): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2011
I am presently using Nokia c3 and what i am going to tell you is the best for you.Nokia C3 is the best, it comes with WIFI and so many qualities. The Internet aspect is very fast than any other Nokia phone. It comes with Opera Browser which is updatable. The Battery is super it can last for 5 days when fully charge.

It is Equivalent to black berry,which you can use to configure your Office or organizational outlook mail,yahoo,gmail etc. with the use of Opera browser you can open multiple or so many sites at a time, with great speed.

It came with inbuilt facebook, twitter, etc.

I can direct you on how to check for the specification online. Just open a google site and type in (Nokia c3 full specification) google will give you full qualities of this full Phone
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Bossman(m): 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2011
I agree. In a country like Nigeria, where free WiFi is rare, it makes sense to go with 3G.
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by aieromon(m): 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2011
I'll go for the C2-01
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Excelboi(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2011
Op, many phones offer this, e.g. nokiaE5 has both wifi and 3g and a new cost just $180. Wifi is good but 3g os better.
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by hackney(m): 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2011
Natasha,,:

Exactly.
But if both are available then most definitely Wifi.
Wifi downloads are far quicker, bearing in mind that wifi bandwidths are good enough for resource intensive laptops and Pc apps.
The same cannot be said about the 3G simcard dongles popular in the 3rd world.

Another instance is the 'face time' feature in iphone4 which requires wifi as 3G hasnt enough bandwidth for the sessions.

If you have a choice then Wifi.
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by erico2k2(m): 8:01pm On Sep 29, 2011
In Nigeria 3G
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by mikron(m): 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2011
nothing like 3g
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by odumchi: 11:40pm On Sep 29, 2011
It depends on where you are. For example where I am, you can get a wifi signal almost anywhere. But for Nigeria especially if you plan on using outside the City, 3G is best. The upside lf 3G is that you can connect everywhere but it costs much. While wifi is free but is restricted to areas with a wifi signal.
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by mo2ok(m): 12:49am On Sep 30, 2011
I have a phone that uses both features but I have only managed to use the wifi about three times since I got the phone, so I suggest you get a 3g phone else that wifi might end up being useless to you.I have a phone that uses both features but I have only managed to use the wifi about three times since I got the phone, so I suggest you get a 3g phone else that wifi might end up being useless to you.
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Dabss(m): 6:56am On Sep 30, 2011
Op if u need both wifi and 3g then go for a fone that has both. There are plenty nokia fones that has both at that price range
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Kaybaba5(m): 8:35am On Sep 30, 2011
Like somebody has said, it depends on your area like my own area, no 3g network and rarely i see wifi but i rather chose wifi cos since i know there is no 3g and i can convert 3g to wifi. So i will rather go for 3g
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by naijatecha: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2011
Most phones that are wifi enabled also have 3g, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. However, when I buy phones, i hardly ever consider wifi as a feature to be had because wlan connectivity in Nigeria is generally poor, there are not that many hotspots where you can get to make use of yur phone's wifi capability. If, however, you're not in the country, well you can go with wifi.
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by Kaybaba5(m): 8:50am On Sep 30, 2011
I suggest you go with wifi
Re: Wifi Or 3g Phone.which Is Better? by hyuga(m): 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2011
best thing is to get a phone with both. But preferably, i wud take 3g cos only cyber cafes nd some companies use wifi which they put their passwords already. Bt any network nw hs 3g nd for those who says wlan z faster than 3g, it depends on d mobile. In e75 for eg, 3g can transfer up to 3.5mbps bt if u gonna use wlan to get that speed, ur battery wud b turned to ashes by then. So i vote 3g or 3.5g etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Prestige Anniversarymtn Is Giving Free 750mb Data + 120 Minutes Of Free Call / Lg Optimus G Pro(e980) Specs And Price In Nigeria / You Can Now Update Your MTN SIM Registration Via Your BVN Number!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.