Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

How Stupid Is The Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Stupid Is The Iphone (9444 Views)

China Has Just Created A Copy Of The Iphone 6s For $ 91 / 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone / Samsung Sues Apple Over The Iphone 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Stupid Is The Iphone by alleno: 10:23pm On Dec 08, 2011
I know this topic would have been discussed over a billion times already but really i got very frustrated tonight.
I have had the iphone 4 for months now and i just found my music collection, and the device would not allow
me to copy without wiping away my one in a million apps.

Apps i stayed overnight at internet zones to download and install, Really, i can't understand why i cannot sync
songs on my own computer and why i cannot make a song a ringtone without going through them, stupid restrictions
that makes no sense.

GOING TO WP7! Good luck with the rub*ish Apple!
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2011
alleno:

I know this topic would have been discussed over a billion times already but really i got very frustrated tonight.
I have had the iphone 4 for months now and i just found my music collection, and the device would not allow
me to copy without wiping away my one in a million apps.

Apps i stayed overnight at internet zones to download and install, Really, i can't understand why i cannot sync
songs on my own computer and why i cannot make a song a ringtone without going through them, silly restrictions
that makes no sense.

GOING TO WP7! Good luck with the rub*ish Apple!

where did you get the apps?
where did you get the music from?

was it from the same computer? same music source?
apple is quite unique. they dont want you to lump pirated mp3s with their own products!
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by alleno: 10:33pm On Dec 08, 2011
Got my apps from various source including app store, genuine softwares and some i had bought before.
Synced on my 13" MacbookPro, now on 17" and i cannot just copy my songs. I have over 32gig of apps.

Even if i convince myself to wipe the phone, where will i get internet to download 32gig of apps again ehn!
See my predicament now?
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by alleno: 10:33pm On Dec 08, 2011
Music was a forgotten external hard drive, just found it.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 10:38pm On Dec 08, 2011
alleno:

Got my apps from various source including app store, genuine softwares and some i had bought before.
Synced on my 13" MacbookPro, now on 17" and i cannot just copy my songs. I have over 32gig of apps.

Even if i convince myself to wipe the phone, where will i get internet to download 32gig of apps again ehn!
See my predicament now?

various source is not from itunes. that's the problem.
apple owns itunes and apple owns the iphone - so anything you get from itunes would be allowed on your iphone.

but those other sources are just phhhhhhhhhhhbt!
apple have to do this to protect the artistes making the music and developers making the apps. otherwise, what stops all the iphone users in your state from copying from you.

if they copy from you, how would apple make their money? copyright and stuffs?
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by alleno: 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2011
You are so so missing the point. Say i even buy a song from apple now, how do i sync it to my iphone ehn!
Taking the iphone even back to the 13inches i initially used, which has now being installed with their latest
LION OS, it tells me to WIPE!

In all the creative sense in protecting their "artist" and "product". Did it ever cross their minds that people
change laptops or that laptops "miss".

GOSH ME!
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by denzel2009: 10:51pm On Dec 08, 2011
You need a program called CopyTrans. Apple has got nothing on this software. It would move all your songs, playlists and even the play count to new destination. You can get your songs from anywhere you like.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by alleno: 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2011
Been there done that, realized it was for windows only, tried their recommended mac version xport. Was simply rubbish! Just for ipods.
Thanks anyways, !
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 11:00pm On Dec 08, 2011
alleno:

You are so so missing the point. Say i even buy a song from apple now, how do i sync it to my iphone ehn!
Taking the iphone even back to the 13inches i initially used, which has now being installed with their latest
LION OS, it tells me to WIPE!

buy directly from the phone, home boy!

In all the creative sense in protecting their "artist" and "product". Did it ever cross their minds that people
change laptops or that laptops "miss".

GOSH ME!

this is why the message pops up after downloading in their store to back up.
you should back up your purchases - on a hard-drive.

if you know how many music files/video files i have lost, you would weep for me.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by alleno: 11:24pm On Dec 08, 2011
Mate! i know you mean well! But i guess am just frustrated now!
Thanks all!
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 09, 2011
Denzel tell me about CopyTrans
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Pricelesss(f): 9:19am On Dec 09, 2011
@ OP If it pisses you off so bad why not give it out, rather that coming here to make noise. tongue
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by JUO(m): 9:33am On Dec 09, 2011
@ OP If it pisses you off so bad why not give it out, rather that coming here to make noise. Tongue
so harsh. lol
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by jude33084(m): 9:43am On Dec 09, 2011
Must we always get nasty over little things?
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 09, 2011
One of the reasons why am not an iphone fan, too many restrictions on their products.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Suntemi(m): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2011
alleno:

Been there done that, realized it was for windows only, tried their recommended mac version xport. Was simply rubbish! Just for ipods.
Thanks anyways, !

Try Diskaid 5 for MAC
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by brainpulse: 9:56am On Dec 09, 2011
Pricelesss:

@ OP If it pisses you off so bad why not give it out, rather that coming here to make noise. tongue

If you have a problem at home must you transfer your aggresion on this forum. Good example of a nagging woman.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Suntemi(m): 10:03am On Dec 09, 2011
jennykadry:

Denzel tell me about CopyTrans

With CopyTrans Manager, you can manage iPod, iPad and iPhone without iTunes. You can add, edit, organize and play your songs, videos and playlists. Add songs to iPod, iPad and iPhone without iTunes. It features drag and drop songs and videos to iPod and iPhone, can synchronize iPod instantly, and can apply changes immediately or at any desired moment. Manage and create playlists on iPhone and iPod Touch. Create new playlists on any iPod, rename existing playlists, drag and organize songs into playlists. Play songs directly from iPod on any computer. Install directly on iPod (except iPhone and iPod Touch). Compatible with all Apple devices: iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 4 CDMA (Verizon), iPad, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPod Touch 1-4G, iPod Nano 1-6G, iPod Video, iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle 1-3G.

Read more: CopyTrans Manager - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com http://download.cnet.com/CopyTrans-Manager/3000-18546_4-10842241.html#ixzz1g1hXijS8
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:06am On Dec 09, 2011
if you like Iphone but you don't want to use Iphone, get an android phone. Android is the closest mobile os you you can get to iOS without being iOS, and there are more reasons to get an android phone. android has waaaay less restrictions on app installations which is a huge upgrade from Apple's prison bars policy. apps? there are tons of android apps for download, many of them for fre. HD games? android does those too. piece of advice; forget WP7 for now, esp. as you are coming off iOS.

my 2 cents!
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by llbhuds: 10:16am On Dec 09, 2011
Just got the iphone 4s for like a month now nd I just cant stop loving it more and more
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 09, 2011
@OP
If iPhone is too advanced for your brain,get a NOKIA torchlight and start pinging. Lol
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by 195(f): 10:31am On Dec 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

@OP
If iPhone is too advanced for your brain,get a NOKIA torchlight and start pinging. Lol

cheesy cheesy
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 09, 2011
i will advice u to just sell it off and buy ur wp7, if that will solve ur problem. millions of people all over d world cant be wrong. ur issue is so simple that i'm not ready to start explaining to u(sorry). Since u've really made up ur mind dat the iphone is so silly, kindly get a wp7 and enjoy simplicity.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by manosteel(m): 10:42am On Dec 09, 2011
As far as I'm concern, this is a bad design. How can one spend such amount of money to buy smart phone yet won't be able to copy his own stuffs from  phone to PC or PC to phone without synchronising. The worst part, when you connect your smart phone to PC, you cannot even see the phone SD Card and when you manage see it, it will just show empty no matter the stuffs you have inside. I bought 'HTC Desire' phone close to 100k, after 4months of use, it suddenly went blank and stopped booting, don't even know what to do with it at the moment. I think this guys should better go back to their drawing boards, let users have value for their money.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by 27naira(m): 11:08am On Dec 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

@OP

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I tire oh. Person go buy made-in-china "Iphune" come here dey complain grin
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by aldotun(m): 11:15am On Dec 09, 2011
@ Manosteel

As far as I'm concern, this is a bad design. How can one spend such amount of money to buy smart phone yet won't be able to copy his own stuffs from phone to PC or PC to phone without synchronising. The worst part, when you connect your smart phone to PC, you cannot even see the phone SD Card and when you manage see it, it will just show empty no matter the stuffs you have inside. I bought 'HTC Desire' phone close to 100k, after 4months of use, it suddenly went blank and stopped booting, don't even know what to do with it at the moment. I think this guys should better go back to their drawing boards, let users have value for their money.

Re: if you are serious and want to fix you Htc Desire, i can fix it for you, so just buzz me or leave a note
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by aldotun(m): 11:16am On Dec 09, 2011
you need to move your library from one pc to the other, can also help you with that, or if you feel you can do it yourself, download Iphonepcsuite
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Kambinachi(f): 11:19am On Dec 09, 2011
it seems the problem is you are using more than one computer to sync your items. in that regard, apple products are quite specific. not the smartest of decisions, but you will need to find one computer to use for your phone/apple products and stick with it.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by sulad82i(m): 11:21am On Dec 09, 2011
27naira:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I tire oh. Person go buy made-in-china "Iphune" come here dey complain  grin

It doesn't sound like the Guy bought fake iPhone. Apple have pretty high heal restrictions on how u can sync iPhone contents and that's y I got tire of the bulls and moved to Android phones, no restrictions and I'm happy with it.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by sulad82i(m): 11:23am On Dec 09, 2011
@OP you can do all the things u want if u jailbreak ur phone.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by candylips(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2011
go and jailbreak your iphone and unleash its power
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by ritux: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2011
apple products are restricted kind of. i have got so many online forms to fill and stuff to do  but before you start, they will always tell you that you cannot use a apple macbook to do this. shiiit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ten Hidden Controls Of iPhone Headphones / Could It Be Branch Loan Monitoring Me? / 5800 Games Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.