Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. (10965 Views)

Photo: Prospective Copers Will Say Amen To This / NYSC Orientation Camps - Location And Addresses / Passing-out Parade Of 2012 Batch-A Corpers (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Zi: 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2012
Hello Nairalanders. The purpose of this thread is to help newly deployed corp members locate the orientation camps in their different states of deployment. I'll start with my home state: Anambra.

There are two major entrances into Anambra; through Enugu & through Delta (Niger bridge head). The orientation camp is in Umunya along Awka-Onitsha express, abt 20mins drive from Awka govt house & abt 30mins from bridge head. Its in the same town with Tansian University.
Thank you.

Who's next.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 05, 2012
When various corpers arrive @ their various states of deployment, they'd find their way - this is a waste of thread for creating a topic sake!
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by larablog: 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
Pls how do I locate sokoto's orientation camp from sokoto airport.
Information will be greatly apreciated. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by yang(m): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2012
@ people posted to rivers

Orientation camp is located at nonwa gbam in tai local govt.

Coming into porthacourt you should find your way to eleme junction and at eleme junction you can board a vehicle direct to the camp. Them go dey wait for you. Nonwa gbam is off the east west road
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 05, 2012
A friend is trying to get to Adamawa. How d heck does he get there Camels? And aint that some boko haram s**ty state?
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Tnot(m): 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2012
@Larablog, tell the cab driver you are going to NYSC Camp @ farfaru. He will drop you at the main entrance.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by omoredia: 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2012
If u are a corp member posted to nasarawa state especially lafia. Contact me on: 07069598945 pin:25F09CFB. I can help out for temporary accomodation, feeding and relevant info. I'm a batch b corp member.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 05, 2012
My sister served in Sokoto and she still has horror stories. @ that poster up there, redeploy if u can cos d weather in sok isn't favourable at all. Esp nw March, u can finish a bag of pure water on parade alone. I visited d town for her POP, I hv my horror stories too.
Make sure ur runs for redeployment is strong sha, if not, they'll penalise u by throwing u to one LG dt camels are d only transportion. Goodluck
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 05, 2012
For those coming to my beloved city Abuja, the camp is in Kubwa. If you stop at Jabi park, you can take a taxi to wuse market or keke Napep, and board a bus going to kubwa village. The last bus stop is at Kubwa market, d camp is a walking distance. If however u hv luggage then take bike for 30 naira.

If u're coming frm Zuba axis, you board a bus heading to Wuse, stop at kubwa 3rd gate or NYSC gate as they like to call it. Cross d express road and board a bike to camp for 50naira.

All d best
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by olawalebabs(m): 4:38pm On Mar 05, 2012
To all the potential Ondo kopa,The camp is located in the hilly town of Ikare Akoko, (Ondo North Senatorial district), The camp is easily accessible for those coming from Abuja, Lagos, Ilorin, Benin and Edo State. The town offers corp member a serene environment for 'learning' (Yes, you will learn in camp), Relaxation, Fun catching. overall you will enjoy your stay there. If you are a cool guy, please avoid Agagu Hall (That hall is for the 'bad' boys). All the best.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by atiku07(m): 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2012
IF U R A CORPER TO SOKOTO U CAN REACH ME 08032210331 ATLEAST FOR TEMPORARY ACCOMODATION BEFORE SORTING URSELF OUT

@
larablog:

Pls how do I locate sokoto's orientation camp from sokoto airport.
Information will be greatly apreciated. Thank you

SORRY NO CAB IN SOKOTO JUST MINI BIKES OK IF U R COMMING IN BY AIR U CAN TAKE A AIRPORT TAXI BUT LIL BIT EXPESIVE BUT IS BETTER CAUSE DE AIRPORT IS CLOSER TO DE CAM JUST ALONG DE SAME ROAD. BUT IF U R COMMING IN BY ROAD JUST DROP AT THE MAIN PARK AND TAKE A BIKE TO "GOVERNMENT TECHNICAL COLLEGE FARUFARU" JUST TELL HIM GTC IT JUST 80 NAIRA FROM DE PARK
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by yusuf01(m): 4:48pm On Mar 05, 2012
For people posted to Enugu state (I'm serving there presently), from any of part in Nigeria, take Enugu (the capital of Enugu state is Enugu) preferably by Peace Mass Transit buses (not the best, but they are everywhere, and moreover, you'll be dropped exactly where you want to be). Upon getting to Enugu state, locate peace mass bus stop (if you board any peace mass bus, this is where you'll be dropped). Cross to the other side and walk along the road, you'll see buses going to Gariki (#70), take anyone convenient, drop at Gariki. Cross to the other side again and take a bus directly to Awgu camp (at most #350).
If you are coming from a state you can't find Enugu direct, take a bus going to onitsha, from which you take Enugu (about 3hrs drive).
Hope this helps, any questions should be asked, I'll follow this thread till like thursday for those that'll ask questions.
Before I leave, pls follow this description to the letter, be weary of people wanting to help (I'm not saying all are bad, but be careful) and please don't take taxi from Enugu to Awgu camp, you'll be charged in the neighbourhood of #5000 or more cos they know you are new. Just take a bus to Gariki and take Awgu camp there.
Looking forward to hearing from you

1 Like

Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by GboyegaD(m): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2012
For those posted to Bayelsa, the camp is in the secondary school at Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area. If you are coming from the West, just take a bus going to Yenegoa and drop by Kiama bridge and take a bike. Please this is rainy season so kindly go with your rainboot else, you would be forced to buy it at a much more higher price than you should. Bayelsa is a very interesting place to serve and I cannot but keep thanking God for the opportunity to serve my father's land therein.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by bluejeff(m): 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
Pls help out. How do i get to kaduna camp from onitsha ?
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by olawalebabs(m): 6:17pm On Mar 05, 2012
Kaduna camp is located along Abuja Kaduna expressway, When coming from Abuja axis, it is 25 Km drive to the main city, easy to locate. just tell the driver to drop you at the camp. All the best
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Yeske2(m): 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2012
Cool thread, keep it coming guys.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by FindOut(m): 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2012
For those coming to Delta, camp is at Iselle-uku. From Lagos & southwest generally, plus Benin, just enter either Asaba bus (Delta line recommended) or Onitsha bus & alight at Iselle Uku junction. The bike guys'll start hassling you once you get down. You cross the express & take a bike. Pre- January price was 50 naira, even tho some people paid 100 naira. So now, the price shldnt be more than N70 or N80. Tho the bike guys may attempt to xploit you & tell you N150 or N200. Wise up smiley
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 05, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
So govt is still posting pple to Sokoto, Kaduna and Adamawa? shocked shocked shocked
If una like make una carry una big big head there let Boko haram boko you. Later ur relatives will come here lamenting. sad

Abeg NYSC isn't compulsory
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by newslive(f): 6:58pm On Mar 05, 2012
When various corpers arrive @ their various states of deployment, they'd find their way - this is a waste of thread for creating a topic sake!
lol grin

Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Basics007: 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2012
yusuf01:

For people posted to Enugu state (I'm serving there presently), from any of part in Nigeria, take Enugu (the capital of Enugu state is Enugu) preferably by Peace Mass Transit buses (not the best, but they are everywhere, and moreover, you'll be dropped exactly where you want to be). Upon getting to Enugu state, locate peace mass bus stop (if you board any peace mass bus, this is where you'll be dropped). Cross to the other side and walk along the road, you'll see buses going to Gariki (#70), take anyone convenient, drop at Gariki. Cross to the other side again and take a bus directly to Awgu camp (at most #350).
If you are coming from a state you can't find Enugu direct, take a bus going to onitsha, from which you take Enugu (about 3hrs drive).
Hope this helps, any questions should be asked, I'll follow this thread till like thursday for those that'll ask questions.
Before I leave, pls follow this description to the letter, be weary of people wanting to help (I'm not saying all are bad, but be careful) and please don't take taxi from Enugu to Awgu camp, you'll be charged in the neighbourhood of #5000 or more cos they know you are new. Just take a bus to Gariki and take Awgu camp there.
Looking forward to hearing from you
God bless you for this. My bro has been posted to enugu state. Can you pls send ur bb pin or phone number to this addy Shywale@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Superlion09(m): 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2012
For dose posted to osun state, d camp is at hospital road, ede. Infact,being posted dere makes u a lucky fellow cos its d best orientation camp in Nigeria. If u r coming frm lasgidi, take a bus to Osogbo. Its usually easier from oshodi park and tell d driver to drop u at nysc camp juntion along d express and cross 2d other side where u will get a bike stright 4 jst #60. If u r coming frm d east, u can get a direct bus frm onitsha park near d bridge to ile ife. Frm lagere in ile ife, enter a bus to osogbo and drop at d orientation camp juction at ede. Alternatively, u can also get a bus goin to ore then, u can get direct bus frm dere to ede. If u r coming frm d north especially abuja, u can get buses frm either nyanya b4 bridge, jabi, or zuba park. Enter a bus to ife/ibadan or lagos straight and drop at ife. Frm dere get a bus to osogbo. Well, I think dis will do d map's job. I won d Mr NYSC contest during my time and passed out last year. U can still hook me up if u hv any problem as it relates housing n oda guides as I still have my grounds dere. My pin is 2166C908.get ready to mix up wit corpers frm lagos cos they also camp dere as d lagos camp is too small
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by yanmata(m): 9:25pm On Mar 05, 2012
@poster, hw do i get 2 cross river camp 4rm abuja, leart the name is obubra, thx
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Gbam1: 9:26pm On Mar 05, 2012
@poster, thanks so much for this thread. My wife is posted to Taraba, how can she locate the camp pls?
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Akhan1(m): 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2012
@olawalebab,i'm a batch C corper posted to ondo,infact i stayed in AGAGU hostel and i can say my stay there was fun.i agree with you that the hostel usually house bad guys,i gues it s because of the size of the hostel.To the new sunshine otondos,i wish you safe journey to the beautiful town of ikare
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Akhan1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 05, 2012
@olawalebab,i'm a batch C corper posted to ondo,infact i stayed in AGAGU hostel and i can say my stay there was fun.i agree with you that the hostel usually house bad guys,i gues it s because of the size of the hostel.To the new sunshine otondos,i wish you safe journey to the beautiful town of ikare
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Zi: 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2012
I don't know anyother camp except that of my home state, & that I have given.
Pls those who knw should help those who do not know. Thank you.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Immortal1(m): 12:26am On Mar 06, 2012
Pls, does anybody know(precisely) where Kebbi state nysc camp is situated?
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by scholes23(m): 5:28am On Mar 06, 2012
for those nairalanders going 2 ogun, ur @ d right place cos d camp has been renovated & is @ a new location. U can have my control numebers 07030642760 & 08059558865. D name is SCHOLES,
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Tgirlie(f): 6:43am On Mar 06, 2012
For corp members posted to Gombe state known as God Of My Beautiful Experience. From Portharcourt, go to Izzi house @ eleme junction and board bus from BELICIA CRUISE to Gombe, you will taking straight to the camp @ Bajoga opposite old nysc camp Gss Mallam sidi. Pls note departure time is always 6:am and you should get to Gombe lasted 8 : pm so i will advice you book for travelling ticket a day before your journey, As for those going from lagos, go to ijora and board bus to Jos, alight @ plateau Riders and take bus to Gombe, alight @ Gombe park, once you are there, serving corp members will be there to put you guys through or get a bus from the park to nysc orientation camp @ Bajoga. Good luck,
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by demdem1: 8:30am On Mar 06, 2012
For those people who are posted to river state and do not know or do know the place, kindly tell how one should reach Orientation Camp: Community Secondary School Nonwagbam Tai LGA rivers st. Pls put me through.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Odunnu: 9:11am On Mar 06, 2012
Anybody posted to Enugu state?
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Slyblings(m): 9:44am On Mar 06, 2012
For those of u posted to Gombe state,from whreever state you are been posted from,Gombe is almost like a two day journey,so i advice u embark on ur trip early, when u arrive gombe,u will b droped at bauchi park in Gombe main town,or Gombe line(terminus).u dont ve to worry about how u gonna get to d orientation camp bcoz,some christain fellowship organization members will b there to welcome and help you board a vehicle, I am currently serving in Gombe(Billiri LGA).So i advice while in camp u call me on my mobile;08189864583 07030581139 so dat u can b b posted to my local govt,cox its d only LGA where flexin dudes and damcels are allowed to have fun and take alcohol,cox its 80 percent christains, dont heed to my advice pals,gudluck and safe trip, c y'all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! / How Corpers and Ex-Copers Can Get 3-10million Loan Grant-sterling Bank / Osun State Batch A15. Let's Me Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.