Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry (13960 Views)

Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by miqos02(m): 10:40am On Mar 29, 2012
A Kaduna Sharia Court on Wednesday dissolved the marriage between one Maryam Ahmed and Sanusi Idris of Maje Village in the Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State, after barely 30 days of the marriage.

The court also directed Maryam to refund N25,000 paid to her as dowry by Idris in addition to returning clothes presented to her for the marriage.

Maryam,16, had prayed the court to dissolve her marriage to Idris, 27, after just 30 days into the marriage because of a lack of interest in Idris.

She told the court that she would refund the dowry after the dissolution of the marriage.

In his submission, Maryam’s guardian, Malam Ahmed Maje, told the court that Idris had paid N25,000 as dowry.

Idris, however, claimed that he paid N45,000 as dowry to Maryam and not N25,000, explaining that he also paid N16,000 as compensation to one of Maryam’s suitors.

He said further that he provided N35,000 to Maryam for clothing and an additional N45,000, which she requested for to purchase other materials for the marriage.

Idris said that unless the money he spent on Maryam was returned, he would not grant her the divorce.

In his judgement, the Khadi, Malam Ibrahim Inuwa, said that a woman could seek divorce provided that “she is sane, mature and not under any duress or influence”.

He, subsequently, dissolved the marriage. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/court-dissolves-30-day-old-marriage-asks-woman-to-refund-dowry/
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by sexyverah(f): 11:47am On Mar 29, 2012
25k to marry wife at this jet age..... anyways them b abokis........ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 29, 2012
Jeez, this means i can buy all the girls in the north
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by polob: 11:58am On Mar 29, 2012
16yrs old...married? That girl should be in SS2 if toes d line of being educ8ed. #16000 compensation for her suitor is very funny. I see no love in all this man & woman joined 2gether phenomenon. Can we call this custom or foolishness in this present age?
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Ournaija: 11:59am On Mar 29, 2012
25k is still on the high side. undecided

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by sexyverah(f): 12:00pm On Mar 29, 2012
odiaero: Jeez, this means i can buy all the girls in the north

what r u waiting for? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin sharp sharp go nd buy them all
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Okijajuju1(m): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2012
Omo na to order like two trailers of Yarinya from North!!

Choi!! God punish Solomon!! I go topple ehn record in two years!!

3 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Michael13(m): 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2012
wise mallam, e don top d money. U sure say e no get ibo blood 4 e body. Foolish abokis
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by niddamugu(m): 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2012
sexyverah: 25k to marry wife at this jet age..... anyways them b abokis........ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Is it too much or too small? Because I know some tribes that collect about 10% or less than that. Besides, I think the issue of contention here should the age of the girl - obviously under-aged, and not what was paid as bride price.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Ehinafe: 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2012
What they are doing is still within sharia islamic Injunction
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Ehinafe: 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2012
I hope the man never plant any seed inside her oo, otherwise the bride price will reduce drastically.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Irelander: 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2012
grin More like 30 days money back guarantee
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by emsquare(m): 12:14pm On Mar 29, 2012
sexyverah: 25k to marry wife at this jet age..... anyways them b abokis........ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

LOL
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by Ournaija: 12:15pm On Mar 29, 2012
niddamugu:

Is it too much or too small? Because I know some tribes that collect about 10% or less than that. Besides, I think the issue of contention here should the age of the girl - obviously under-aged, and not what was paid as bride price.

Bro you talk as if you are not Nigerian. No one cares if she is under aged. Everyone is interested on how much paid. Most guys are even planning to invade the North to catch some of the yet to ripe Yanriyans. kiss

I think Al-harem can arrange as many as NLers` wanted. grin grin grin
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by ZUBY77(m): 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2012
What are you people saying? The issue here is not the age of the girl or the amount paid. The issue is that the girl doesnt like the marriage.
It is customary in their culture to marry early. 16, 17 or even 15. Unlike our igbo girls who will wait until their breast touches the ground and must have dated 20 different men. In return, they will come out here to tell us how the one she chose to marry could not satisfy her sexuall.y simply because she is playing mind comparisons between the husband and the million di.cks she has tested.
The man should take his money and go, the marriage is already a fairlure.

And for the girl who said that 25k is small in the jet age, grow up. Its people like you who rips men off in the name of marriage and turn to disrespect him when the money dries up.

6 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by McGeorge1(m): 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
polo_b: 16yrs old...married? That girl should be in SS2 if toes d line of being educ8ed. #16000 compensation for her suitor is very funny. I see no love in all this man & woman joined 2gether phenomenon. Can we call this custom or foolishness in this present age?
. Isn't this child abuse? Hmmmm!
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by olsmade(m): 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
The N25000 znt bride price. So that z not d value of d lady; it z just a mutually agreed amount or gift given by the man to the bride as one of the legal requirements for a wedding / nikkah. It is also preferred to be a small amount or gift as the prophet was reported to av said 'the most blessed marriage is one in which the marriage partners place the least burden on each other.' (al-Haythami, Kitab ab-Nikah, 4:255).
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by nomshu(m): 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2012
it be like say the guy johnthomas is too goliath for the babe engine. yeye islamist injunction!
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by emmysam2: 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
Everyday way of life in the North! Marriage at the age of 16yrs was even late. N25,000 dowry plenty sef. They even pay far less in the north. How else will a man who can hardly feed himslf be able to marry as much as 4- 6 wives?[/b]
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by McGeorge1(m): 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
[color=][/color]
ZUBY77: What are you people saying? The issue here is not the age of the girl or the amount paid. The issue is that the girl doesnt like the marriage.
It is customary in their culture to marry early. 16, 17 or even 15. Unlike our igbo girls who will wait until their breast touches the ground and must have dated 20 different men. In return, they will come out here to tell us how the one she chose to marry could not satisfy her sexuall.y simply because she is playing mind comparisons between the husband and the million di.cks she has tested.

And for the girl who said that 25k is small in the jet age, grow up. Its people like you who rips men off in the name of marriage and turn to disrespect him when the money dries up.
. I guess u've got nothing to say.
ZUBY77: What are you people saying? The issue here is not the age of the girl or the amount paid. The issue is that the girl doesnt like the marriage.

. I guess u've got nothing to say.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by niddamugu(m): 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
Ournaija:

Bro you talk as if you are not Nigerian. No one cares if she is under aged. Everyone is interested on how much paid. Most guys are even planning to invade the North to catch some of the yet to ripe Yanriyans. kiss

I think Al-harem can arrange as many as NLers` wanted. grin grin grin

"Catch them young" spirit abi? What would you do if a man comes to ask for your daughter's (of the same age) hand in marriage, would you accept? Let's not talk for talking sake. What is wrong will always be wrong.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by gegee(m): 12:30pm On Mar 29, 2012
Okija_juju: Omo na to order like two trailers of Yarinya from North!!

Choi!! God punish Solomon!! I go topple ehn record in two years!!

LWKMD wey AlJ Harem arrange for us na grin grin grin
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by sexyverah(f): 12:31pm On Mar 29, 2012
Mc George: [color=][/color]. I guess u've got nothing to say. . I guess u've got nothing to say.
hahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin u r funny
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by freecocoa(f): 12:33pm On Mar 29, 2012
Dowry in my place is #1,000 and some amount must be returned to you from it, so that one is too much gan sef.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by ifyalways(f): 12:38pm On Mar 29, 2012
Good development,me likey!

The hunter became the game.Sharp babe collected money for clothes and all what not,seeks divorce after 1 month because she suddenly lost interest in Idris.Its about time o jare.

Wonder if she would have lost interest if it were a rich alhaji. . .
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by achi4u(m): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2012
16yor of a girl cannot giv u all you want as a wife.so,she dosen't wan to go to school?.maybe they(north) can't distingush b/w what is right and wrong
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by achi4u(m): 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2012
freecocoa: Dowry in my place is #1,000 and some amount must be returned to you from it, so that one is too much gan sef.
your right,but what about the long list?
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by AZeD1(m): 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2012
freecocoa: Dowry in my place is #1,000 and some amount must be returned to you from it, so that one is too much gan sef.
Can i bring my people to come and see your people?? smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley grin
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by miqos02(m): 1:00pm On Mar 29, 2012
Ehinafe: I hope the man never plant any seed inside her oo, otherwise the bride price will reduce drastically.
funny
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by ochukoccna: 1:01pm On Mar 29, 2012
achi4u: your right,but what about the long list?

achi4u: your right,but what about the long list?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Maryam Ahmed na weird babe O!
After the guy don expand her lips beneath?
E com de seek divorce? undecided undecided undecided
And the divorce been granted is not that she'll go back to school, but to find another husband.
SMH! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by emmysam2: 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2012

Are you saying you are worth N1000.00? I dont mean to be sarcastic, but permit me to say this... that is almost too cheap.
Re: Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry by born2boink(m): 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2012
30 days after marriage, the judge should focus on the fucking aspect,if they Bleep with or without condom and if by any means the girl don carry belle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Eagles Chidi Odiah Abandoned His Wife And Baby? / / Why Would A Lady Remain In An Abusive Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.