Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians (22172 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by OILOFGLADNESS: 3:39pm On Jul 09, 2012
MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS, THE BEST BOOK EVER WRIITEN TOLD TO LOOK UNTO JESUS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF UR FAITH, NOT UNTO PASTOR OR PREACHERS, IN HEAVE THEIR IS NOTHING LIKE PASTOR...., WHAT MATTERS IS OUR PERSONAL RELATONSHIP WITH GOD. PLEASE STOP SPENDING YOUR TIME IN CRITICISING PASTORS AND PREACHERS , GOD IS THE ONLY JUDGE.

BIBLE SAID THAT NOT EVERYBODT THAT CALLS HIM GOD GOD SHALL ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
ON THE LAST DAY ONLY THE TRUE BELIEVERS SHALL BE RAPTURED.

LET US STRIVE TO ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD, FOR NARROW IS THE GATE THAT LAEDS TO ENTERNAL LIFE AND WIDE IS THE WAY THAT LEAD TO DESTRUCTION.

PASTORS, BISHOPS, REVS, POPES, GOS ETYC ARE HUMANBEIGN LIKE ME AND YOU, OUR SET EXAMPLE IS THAT MAN OF CALVARY THAT DIED FOR US ON THE CROSS OPF CALVARY. GOD BLESS US AS WE YIELD TO HIM.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by rhymz(m): 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2012
Billyonaire: Hahahahaha, I have been there, longer than you can imagine and the truth is, you can be there forever, except you keep an open mind and stop egotistic behaviors and open yourself to learn more.
Who can honestly answer this question cos lately, I am begining to believe that God is a man-made mental creation, a figmentation of a conditioned mind. Certain things happen in your life and you ask yourself the following questions:
1. Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
2. Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
3. Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
4. Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by rhymz(m): 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2012
tunapawizzy: dis life is very complex. deep evaluation of events all over keeps convincing/confusing me on certain issues that m even scared to share. every passing day i get an extra reason to doubt the existence n credibility of some things. I think there is an exaggeration or a total non existence of one particular concept. If not why are things the way they are...why are people with least inclination to a supreme being d most successful. I just wonder.
Billyonaire: Hahahahaha, I have been there, longer than you can imagine and the truth is, you can be there forever, except you keep an open mind and stop egotistic behaviors and open yourself to learn more.
Who can honestly answer this question cos lately, I am begining to believe that God is a man-made mental creation, a figmentation of a conditioned mind. Certain things happen in your life and you ask yourself the following questions:
1. Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
2. Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
3. Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
4. Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Parnassuss(m): 7:11pm On Jul 09, 2012
There is almost none of us who doesn't do what we condemn pastors for. Is it Cheating, extra-marital affairs, power mongering, greed, avarice, lust, flamboyance or selfishness? We are have it and a number of posters are so far gone in their vices they can't hide it even when they post on the web.
What I will begrudge these men of God's shadow is their self-righteous stand whenever they preach or are confronted. They try their hardest to maintain that aura of infallibility which the Bible itself, confirms as impossible. Catholic priests also have very bad reputations generally but their foundation of humble admittance of human weakness does them great justice in my eyes sha.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Michky: 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2012
I think all nigerian pastors shd suffer d same fate as all nigerian politicians in govt presently: Death by firing squad. Y? They both av deceived & stolen 4rm nigerians long enough!
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by bojokayode(m): 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2012
Pastor Kun,it is well with you sir.What you've written may be true but its not from you that we should hear such.It's simply disgracing&soiling the name of Christ in the mud.Y don't you leave God to judge&dont take things personal.Moreso,if we all face our jobs squarely,this country would be a better place for all.Summary,there are corrupt Pastors but its not in ur capacity/power to come up here and announce it sir.The man that said people should stay at home on sundays&pray on their own,may God have mercy.i guess you've been going to church b4 now cos of ur love for Pastors&not for God.Please ignore all these and don't let your mind be poisoned.There are still men who have not bowed to Baal.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by rindebaba(m): 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2012
Dere is no doubt dere are fake pastor likewise called ones....increase in unemployment is also a factor dat made many 2 be called ova 9t. Dis pastor are easily knwn. Pls go 2 church nt because of pastors but becos of d luv of d word of God. I dnt buy d idea of stayin @ home and nt go 2 church. Nevertheless let everybody worship God in spirit and in truth.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by 1peter29: 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2012
Kelvin172: Only God know the upright ones, don't follow d pastors attitude and stop worshipping the lord, only God can judge, and if they feel like looting members money on the last day we all will give accounts of all our deeds on earth.
Ooo...sh...sh...shhhh...abeg tell dem o. Who dem b 2 judge anybody wen d Bible self don talk am not 2 judge. Una go do ur own wey God command n leave d psts 2 do as dem feel. D day of reckonin go cme wen evry1 go tan gidigba b4 baba God 2 answer him case. Bcareful coz not all d men of God b fake!
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by studM(m): 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2012
Pastor Kun: No wonder we are not making good progress in this country.When preachers who should be the salt of the earth are neck deep in the system of the world.

Who is as foolish and unwise as u op?how can someone dt claims 2 b a pastor come online 2 sow seeds of discord,doubt,hatred in d lives of pple concerning men of God?doesn't wisdom teach u dt u don't discus such maters publicly?anyway,it is ur type dt a member of ur church will marate his life story 2 u privately nd u will use dt as a topic d nxt sunday,better go ask God 4 wisdom,cuz u lack it
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by dare2think: 10:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
studM:

Who is as foolish and unwise as u op?how can someone dt claims 2 b a pastor come online 2 sow seeds of discord,doubt,hatred in d lives of pple concerning men of God?doesn't wisdom teach u dt u don't discus such maters publicly?anyway,it is ur type dt a member of ur church will marate his life story 2 u privately nd u will use dt as a topic d nxt sunday,better go ask God 4 wisdom,cuz u lack it

lol. Just like the politicians! Hide the dirty laudry, but when praying, the whole world will hear them shouting up and down!

Why should such matters be discussed privately if there is nothing to hide?
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Ptolomeus(m): 10:45pm On Jul 09, 2012
Pastors and politicians ... both at the same level of the zoological scale.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by amor4ce(m): 12:08am On Jul 10, 2012
These so-called MOGs are thieves and robbers who deceive the people with false prophecies of peace (Jeremiah 6:13-14; 8:10-11; 16:5; 23:16-17; 27:14-18; 28; 29:8-9,21-32 ), prophesy by Baal/Lord/Zeus (Jeremiah 2:8; 5:30-31; 23:13 ), fatten their people for slaughter by leading them into neo-colonialism (Jeremiah 27 (especially verses 12-17);Ezekiel 12 ), and bring about famine (poverty) in the land (Jeremiah 14 ).

Here are 12 questions for Christians, especially the self-righteous ones:

1)how is it that almost all the names in the New Testament are different from those in the Old Testament?
2)how is it that the names in the Peshitta Bible versions are different from Roman/Vatican/English/Western versions?
3)how is it that the symbol of the cross (cross of Tammuz) was not used by Israel, was never recorded in the Scriptures, is strange to the Yoruba/Ewe who are of Israel, while Constantine propagated it?
4)how is it that the true Israelites are blacks but the Christians have been led to believe that they have Amorite features?
5)what happened to all the blacks of the Levant including the Aegean/Egun people of Philistine, the Edomites/Edo of Idumea/Idu, the Jebusites/Jebus, and the people of Judah/Judaea/Whydah/Ida/Ouidah during the period of the Roman persecution [First (66-73 CE), Second (115-117 CE) and Third (132-135 CE) [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish%E2%80%93Roman_wars]Jewish-Roman wars[/url] and the Samaritan Revolts of (484-572 CE), destruction of the second Temple in 70 CE] if not that the Greco-Romans massacred them?
6)which spirit do Christians call on when the Redeemer has mentioned clearly that He will gather back his scattered sheep and fill them with His Spirit?
7)why apparitions/visions, from Caucasians, of heaven, hell, Mary and the likes, are racist in that blacks and indigenous Negro names are not featured? (don’t blacks also go to heaven?). No wonder TuPac sang ‘I wonder if heaven got a ghetto’ – note that the posthumous producers of the video heavily added Zeus/Christian/deceptive elements to it.
8 )how is it that Christians accepted the lie that Abraham and his descendants are white?
9)how is it that the spirits they hear from either during prophecy, prayer and otherwise have not told them, especially those who call themselves born again, what the Redeemer’s true name is (John 18:37)?
10)how is it that the spirits they hear from either during prophecy, prayer and otherwise have not taught them, especially those who call themselves born again, to properly understand the Bible (John 12:40)?
11)since there are so many Christian denominations with so many interpretations of the Bible, can there be more than one Holy Spirit?
12)what happened to the Israelite tribe of Dan in Revelations 7:4-8?[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? / Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters / How Can A Christian Friend Who Still Masturbates Come Out Of It? ( Please Help )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.