Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? (33078 Views)

Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices / What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
kengis:
I didn't know it was indian though
I used to go to a carribean restaurant near DC and most of the time I ordered that spicy chicken roti

yeah its pretty good.
its kind of like Mexican burritos or soft tacos
just with more "gooey" foods on the inside. tongue
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

i found this thread..

https://www.nairaland.com/25759/recipes-carribean-foods#641679 smiley

Thanks...lemme see what I have to work with.

The recipes look so simply, unlike Nigeria's 4-hrs cooking time.

@Chima

Don't tease. After I told you how hungry I am.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
chic2pimp: ^^^^^ I'm willing to bet I've had more Jamaican /Carribean dishes than you've had.

you might be right. grin

in fact because i am jamaican
i often find myself craving other foods smiley

so what have you had?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2012
chic2pimp: ^^^^^ I'm willing to bet I've had more Jamaican /Carribean dishes than you've had.

And who is cooking for you? angry angry Cuz I dont remember cooking any Non-Nigerian dishes for you.
I see how it is. . . .oloshi ni e sha. Who is she?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2012
lol
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by chic2pimp(m): 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

you might be right. grin

in fact because i am jamaican
i often find myself craving other foods smiley

so what have you had?

True dat....Over familiarity they say breeds contempt. One of my tight friends for instance who is carribean is a jollof Rice addict. Anytime he comes to my place, I always make sure I have it ready.

Jerk chicken
Curry Goat
Oxtail
Ackee and Saltfish to name just a few.

Plus I love your Fish soup.

Ileke-IdI:

And who is cooking for you? angry angry Cuz I dont remember cooking any Non-Nigerian dishes for you.
I see how it is. . . .oloshi ni e sha. Who is she?

Chei mogbe oo. Wahala don come. Trouble sleep yanga go wake am grin
Errrrrr it was u that err cooked it nau. Abi u don forget ni? tongue
Make I re jog your memory?

Ahn ahn you know you will always be my numero uno nau. The only sugar in my tea, the only lice in my hair, the only cockroach in my cupboard tongue
Oya gbe oyan e wa si bi yii je ki n mu kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2012
^^^ I see how you do. . . don worry. Me sef, I don chop several several Haitian dishes angry
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by chic2pimp(m): 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
E wooooooo chineke meeeeeeee.....Egba mi oooooo. Haitian what? shocked shocked shocked

Oya talk true u dey kid abi? U wan make I feel jealous no be so? Ok I don feel jealous tire. Oya stop this joke.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
Infact, I am eating some now. Fimile jor1 angry tongue grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2012
Lmao at yall fighting over food.

An old family dish with moulash and braised mutton.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 9:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
For dessert......moon pie......no ms dee it aint the one with marshamellow!!!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
For dessert......moon pie......no ms dee it aint the one with marshamellow!!!

*vomits!* grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

*vomits!* grin

Yes I know.....it is verrrrry fattening and rich!!!

It takez four hours to make.....it is so fuckn goood
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Yes I know.....it is verrrrry fattening and rich!!!

It takez four hours to make.....it is so fuckn goood

im sure chima asks for second and thirds each time.. tongue lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by chic2pimp(m): 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Infact, I am eating some now. Fimile jor1 angry tongue grin

Na lie jor......Stop that joke ooo. Mi o like at all angry angry.

Fi e sile ke? I hol' u b4? Abeg the only thing I am holsing is your soft as pancake Idi tongue wink.

Oya gbe Idi e wa si bi yi wa gba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ck8K09e0tI

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
chic2pimp:

True dat....Over familiarity they say breeds contempt. One of my tight friends for instance who is carribean is a jollof Rice addict. Anytime he comes to my place, I always make sure I have it ready.

Jerk chicken
Curry Goat
Oxtail
Ackee and Saltfish to name just a few.

Interesting...

I think I may have tried jollof rice once.
if it is what I remember then it was GOOD. cheesy
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2012
Caribbean Roti
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2012
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 10:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 11:24pm On Jul 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

im sure chima asks for second and thirds each time.. tongue lipsrsealed

U calln my Hubby fat?!!

I go wooze u ooo
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

U calln my Hubby fat?!!

I go wooze u ooo

Chima WOOOOOOOOOOOOZE yourself! grin
i am saying i know what u talking about
and i know the mr. is a freak. LOL!!

#slowness!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 26, 2012
anonymous6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAuIQOq8J5g

I would LOVE to try fufu.

it reminds me of mashed potatoes and paste. grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Rick31(m): 12:55am On Jul 26, 2012
onila:

gosh horrible! undecided undecided

no pepper, no extra spice

the only good food in the world is Nigeria, ethiopian, chinese, thai food tongue

and yea italian pasta

Is very good Onila and yes we use peppers onion spices..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 26, 2012
anonymous6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAuIQOq8J5g

This guy dey talk too much.
I go chop the thing anyhow I wan chop am.

Since when did there start being "rules" attached to knacking pounded yam/amala/etc? undecided
The very fact the whole thing goes down with your bare claws/mits/hands instead of with spoon/fork is a sure sign say to chop am na "no holds barred".

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 1:57am On Jul 26, 2012
2buff:

This guy dey talk too much.
I go chop the thing anyhow I wan chop am.

Since when did there start being "rules" attached to knacking pounded yam/amala/etc? undecided
The very fact the whole thing goes down with your bare claws/mits/hands instead of with spoon/fork is a sure sign say to chop am na "no holds barred".

LOL
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 1:59am On Jul 26, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

I would LOVE to try fufu.

it reminds me of mashed potatoes and paste. grin

Similar in a way but it is much thicker, in such a way you can mold it like playdoh, it is not as thin, like mash potatoes
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 2:40am On Jul 26, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Chima WOOOOOOOOOOOOZE yourself! grin
i am saying i know what u talking about
and i know the mr. is a freak. LOL!!

#slowness!

U r so nassy! We r talkn abt food here!!!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 2:41am On Jul 26, 2012
Candied yams are better
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by anonymous6(f): 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
The peppered shrimp looks soooo good.

Anonymous, have you tried cooking non-Nigerian cuisines?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by MrsChima(f): 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
I know Asians arent Black.......but I love many of their dishes and in fact over 40 % of Black dishes are inspired by Asian cuisines.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Black Cultural Foods/Cuisines To You? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I know Asians arent Black.......but I love many of their dishes and in fact over 40 % of Black dishes are inspired by Asian cuisines.

Which Blacks?
The only Asian dishes I've like so far are Chinese rice and shrimp fried sushi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yoruba Menā™„ / Gani Adams Rolling On The Floor In Church During Thanksgiving (Photos) / Abstract Or Stylized African Art In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.