Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

04ava's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 04ava's Profile / 04ava's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Sports / Nigeria Win First Medal (gold) At 2010 Commonwealth Games by 04ava: 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2010
Nigeria's 17-year-old weightlifter Augustina Nwaokolo won the first gold of the Delhi Commonwealth Games on Monday when she claimed the women's 48kg title.

At last, something for all naija to be proud of smiley
Culture / Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by 04ava: 10:01am On Jul 05, 2010
How timely this subject is. I was with my 'oyibo' friends yesterday and somehow the subject went to the issue of carrying children. Guess what? Everyone of them was praising to high heavens how awesome it is for African woman to carry their babies on their backs. Some even envied how Africans can balance loads on their heads. This is what really annoys me - westerners admire our ways of life, our culture even going out of their way to copy it (i.e. the baby carrying sarongs) but some dumbos among us are ashame of what we have. I think these people need to go out more and broaden their horizon. Honestly that's the only panacea to cure their inferiority complex.
Politics / Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by 04ava: 10:09am On Jun 19, 2010
@ Samix

train is the easiest mode of transportation to control

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you driven a train before? I good case of Nigerians and their over-exaggaration.

I work in the railway and so knows what it is to drive a train.
Travel / Re: Aussie To Hustle by 04ava: 10:53am On Apr 26, 2010
@ poster,

My guy, I'll try to put this as straight as possible. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN CHANGE FROM A VISITING VISA TO ANOTHER CLASS OR SUBCLASS IN AUSTRALIA. Anyone who tell you the reverse is telling a bloody porkie. Try to get the right visa before you step on these soil. Like someone advised, we have one of the toughest immigration laws on this planet. Sad, but that's true.
And who am I? A Nigerian-Aussie.
Travel / Re: Any Nigerian In Brisbane, Australia? by 04ava: 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2010
Hi Maileby,

I live in Brisbane cheesy. There are a few Nigerians here and there - hit and miss. There is even a Nigerian community here in Qld - so i hear undecided (I haven't been to any function yet as I just found out). My best bet is its as dormant as the one they have in WA, NSW and SA lipsrsealed. Which Uni are you? QUT, QU or Griffith? Anyway, post you email address, I'll send you my phone # so you can call me. Maybe we can catch up in the City for drinks. Cheers Mate
Travel / Re: Any Aussies In The Da House? by 04ava: 9:48am On Jul 18, 2009
Hi Aus9ja, where are you based? I'm in Brisbane. Will send you a mail as soon as possible.

Cheers

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.