Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,302 members, 7,836,314 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) (27380 Views)

Anambra State Witness Influx Of Babies On Jan 1st / Beautiful Black Babies! / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by hermosa(f): 9:09am On Jul 05, 2010
whn i've got kids, i'm carryin them on my back!! screw u poster!!
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by nomoneydow: 9:16am On Jul 05, 2010
we shall be proud of our culture
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by DaMayor1: 9:49am On Jul 05, 2010
this poster is a mad man. im surprised how polite people are in responding to this(actually impressed, but as Fela says, "me I no be gentleman).
if he likes oyibo that much he should go michael jackson himself. IDIOT!!! insulting a whole peoples way of life. tell ur mother this and im sure shell give u d same answer any correct african sister will give u- beta slap to wake from reality. if only u know how ur darling white people are dying to learn d art of baby backing u woldnt open ur ass (oh I forget say na ur mouth. no vex na d smell) in
public to come talk trash.
Oga moderator, abeg no let this kind thing enter here again.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by 04ava: 10:01am On Jul 05, 2010
How timely this subject is. I was with my 'oyibo' friends yesterday and somehow the subject went to the issue of carrying children. Guess what? Everyone of them was praising to high heavens how awesome it is for African woman to carry their babies on their backs. Some even envied how Africans can balance loads on their heads. This is what really annoys me - westerners admire our ways of life, our culture even going out of their way to copy it (i.e. the baby carrying sarongs) but some dumbos among us are ashame of what we have. I think these people need to go out more and broaden their horizon. Honestly that's the only panacea to cure their inferiority complex.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by zains: 10:30am On Jul 05, 2010
Are there no psychologists/psychiatrists in the house? They would have been able to tell us that this poster probably fell from the mother's back and has not forgotten his ordeal since then.

See the dent by the side of his head--could be the reason he's posting lop-sided topics, lol
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 05, 2010
@topic

Colonial mentality is the thinking that foreign talents and products are always the good, the better, and the best, and that the local ones are of poor or no quality at all. Colonial because our colonizers, during their rule of the Africans and the rest of the world, instilled into the African mentality the belief that foreigners and anything associated with them were the superior, and that Africans and anything associated with them were worthless.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by anitabest(f): 11:32am On Jul 05, 2010
lalalalalalalala, backy backy, carry carry, na una sabi.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 05, 2010
i like d one using a red wrapper  in carrying her baby,it shows a close connection between mother n child.yippy!!!!! i've got an idea on how i'm gonna carry my baby wen i bcome a mother,but dat would be indoors,i'll use a baby carrier or baby basket or whell in carrying my baby in public places  cool cool cool cool cool cool cool but there r sume dump mothers who use baby carriers in crossing d express road (which is very dangerous n i wount advice).afterall mordernization means accepting ur culture,(d refined sensible ones) n replacing d dump ones with oda ppus culture tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SmashingM(f): 11:55am On Jul 05, 2010
So we should stop carrying babies on our back cos you've travelled and seen the world and your culture has now become primitive?
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by HellaBella(f): 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2010
The OP is just pathetic. He is not even a woman yet he wants to tell African women how to carry a baby. When did he born pikin?

Why must everything done by Africans be deemed primitive? More so, it is even Africans that help to perpetuate the stereotype that Africans are "backwards" and "uncivilized".

@OP, stop looking to the white man to "save" and legitimize your existence. You can stop doing all the "primitive" things they tell you to, but you will still remain "uncivilized" in their eyes.

PS: You're a disgrace to Nigeria and all things African.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by jendordino(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2010

Re: African Ladies In Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!
« #27 on: July 01, 2010, 05:18 AM »

Colonial mentality @ its best.

indeed
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by hackney(m): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2010
I do think that carrying babies on the back is not culture.
However its as a result of lack of prams or buggies; simples Mschewww.
Nobody who has a buggie will one day say; "oh, let me observe my culture and carry
my child on a sling on my back to break my back a bit".
Thats nonsense.

Saw a woman (most likely nigerian) carrying her baby that way at CANARY WHARF STATION! !
I was like wow!!  it was quite strange in that environment and im sure she's from SOUTH LONDON
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by demla: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2010
i beg, backing ur child is the best abi u want to compare it to dat yeye rope wey dem dey take tie little kids,when the kids are not dog.if backing ur child is local ,i beg leave we like am like dat mr oyinbo
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Ibomade1: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2010
Nothing is wrong with carrying your baby on your back. The only downside to it is that when the baby tilts his/her head you may not be aware and it could lead to neck strain but things are the things that make us strong Kakaraka !!!!
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Kongi(m): 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2010
My dear poster,

Worry not. I will not castigate you for you rather uneducated comments even though God knows you deserve all that is coming your way.
Carrying a baby on your back (aka backing) is not primitive at all. It is a practice adopted by several tribes and civilizations the world over.
It is a practice borne out of expedience, common sense and sometimes necessity.

I am sure you do not know this but "backing" can also be prescribed by your doctor to manage what is called Congenital Dislocation of Hip. It is a condition which affects a fair number of babies particularly boys and there is evidence that "backing" can help in avoiding surgical intervention.

Like I said, I will try not to insult you so I will suggest you keep these in mind;
1. If in doubt, keep quiet
2. Be proud of who you are and where you come from
3. Foreign does not translate to better
4. It is always best to write in a language you are comfortable in.

Do have a nice day
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by nazzyon(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2010
Jerjens:

i was driving in my neighbourhood recently n i saw a child on a Leash now dats degrading

[img]http://[/img]

where do u tink civilization started, AFRICA , dumbo! cool cool[img][/img]

And dem sey na we dey heartless.

Na which time pikin and Dog turn the samething.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Pafuri(m): 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2010
Some women are so disgusted by you that they are threatening to carry their babies on their heads in Times Square, New York City; Place de la Concorde in Paris, and in Trafalgar Square in London. See what you did? You were warned, you slowpoke! angry
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Outstrip(f): 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2010
It is not a leash. That is absolutely necessary especially when you are with multiple children. When I was in Nigeria recently we were driving through anthony village and there was this cute little boy walking looking very tired. His mother was so far ahead of him it was ridiculous. It occured to me that someone could just pick him up and his mother would be clueless. Those "leashes" as you call them come in different designs and some are not even attached to the child. The one I used on my son was a winnie the pooh backpack and it's tail was very long and I held on to that while I pushed the stroller around with his brother in it. It worked well for my family. I will take that any day than leave my children to run rampart like nomads
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by 0hsisi: 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2010
Outstrip:

It is not a leash. That is absolutely necessary especially when you are with multiple children. When I was in Nigeria recently we were driving through anthony village and there was this cute little boy walking looking very tired. His mother was so far ahead of him it was ridiculous. It occured to me that someone could just pick him up and his mother would be clueless. Those "leashes" as you call them come in different designs and some are not even attached to the child. The one I used on my son was a winnie the pooh backpack and it's tail was very long and I held on to that while I pushed the stroller around with his brother in it. It worked well for my family. I will take that any day than leave my children to run rampart like nomads

It is still a leash dear
a leash is something that restrains a dog from wandering off and now applies to kids.
Just because you use it on your child does not change the name.
It is a leash
I couldn't get myself to have my child" tied to a rope" while walking down the street and in stores but if it works for you,good.
It does have a purpose ,I suppose
The one I wish I had were a pair of baby handcuffs to chain them down to their beds or something when they ran amok in the house grin
boy,those kids showed me pepper
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Pafuri(m): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2010
How did we go from discussing baby backing and its cultural dimensions to the definition of a 'leash'?

@Ohsisi : you are right, a pair of handcuffs to tie your children to their bed like criminals is certainly better than a "disgusting leash". American cops will love you! I do not know where you live, but try that in the US and you will find yourself in jail faster than you can say "hello officer, how may I help you?". You see, there are cultural and legal considerations regarding both sides of the issue under discussion. But, where is the fool that started the post in the first place?. I guess it outgrew his idle, white propaganda-infested mind. Good riddance, fool.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by 0hsisi: 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2010
Pafuri:

How did we go from discussing baby backing and its cultural dimensions to the definition of a 'leash'?

@Ohsisi : you are right, a pair of handcuffs to tie your children to their bed like criminals is certainly better than a "disgusting leash". American cops will love you! I do not know where you live, but try that in the US and you will find yourself in jail before you can say "hello officer". You see, there are cultural and legal considerations regarding both sides of the issue under discussion. But, where is the fool that started the post in the first place?. I guess it outgrew his idle, white propaganda-infested mind. Good riddance.

You should be able to recognize a joke when you see it
sheesh!
must I spell it out?
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Pafuri(m): 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2010
sheesh!
must I spell it out?

The joke is on you, Ohsisi!
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Pafuri(m): 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2010
sheesh!
must I spell it out?

The joke is on you, Ohsisi! cheesy grin
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by frankcj(m): 10:58pm On Jul 05, 2010
people should stop passing jurgement and  appreciate their culture.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by mastro: 12:10pm On Jul 06, 2010

SSaemoenl

Culture is what we create for ourself in the sense that the little way we can perceptive within the local environment we reside, but one might think living across the local environment and see changes in that same perception we believe in, We should try as much as possible to change and adapt to the new culture.

If I was to say this must be how SSaemoenl mother carried him before dropping him on his head, then this post might get deleted for being uncivil, but it would explain his retarded post.
[img]http://www.lasr.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/alexandra/xandie_batbaby_981223.jpg[/img]
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by yallowtin(f): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2010
honestly some ppl are unbelievable! they wake up and write crap u might as well soak ur self in bleach and become white! WERE!!!! shocked
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by remoranger(m): 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2010
lol.@op self hating monkey grin grin
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by lydosky: 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2010
I wont balme U sha, it not your fault (those that possess hat had no head)

Imagine telling us that backing a child is primitive ( it only bast, rd dat will use left hand to describe his father house)

when u give birth to your child use shuttle bag to carry your own tongue tongue

ADE EKO DE REE, embarassed embarassed
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by obstead200(m): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2010
U guys are not addressing the most obvious issue.
This thread is a farce. the pic in the post is obviously, ( i mean very obviously) not a western country scenery. it is most likely from Niger republic or Guinea.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Sidauna: 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2010
@Poster,

Since when has carrying babies become primitive? In Africa that is how babies have been carried for millions of years. It is the best way to carry a baby. By the way have you ever seen a monkey carrying its baby on its back? Monkeys carry their babies on the belies - ask anhbody who has seen them! So it is the Oyingbo people who are living "the monkey life" not African women.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by MELAA: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2010
As many including the poster that will not accept Africans the way God made them and there culture, should go and die or better still recreate his or her self to be a white person. silly post
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by beespak7(m): 2:21am On Jul 08, 2010
@ op i pray that your inferiority complex will not kill you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? / Ori Olokun Unveiled In Ile Ife Osun State / Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.