Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,736 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? (27396 Views)

Hilarious Photo: Electric Pressing Iron Made By HP / Chinese Man Walks In Iron Shoes Weighing 405 Kilograms / Pressing Iron With Small Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Ardedaryor(m): 7:31am On Jul 26, 2012
me self follow for the IRON TINZ lolz cheesy[img][/img]
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ikachi1: 7:34am On Jul 26, 2012
Used this right from primary through the secondary in the village. Like someone rightly mentioned here, it was a queuing game trying to grab this from a rich neighbour. It is very durable and a bit dangerous to use as it ruined mostt of my school white shirts when hot coals dropped through the vents onto the shirts. Yes I remember the old days!
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Makamuanwuo(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2012
Mehn iron spoil 85% my clothes wit its little hot chacol,whn ironin white clothes,u wil iron wit papa 2 avoid stern and also wit water 2 reduce d hotnez,gues wat now i m stil usin it now.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by daviesmania(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2012
This particular 1 is relatively new op is there any electricity probs in ur area, or maybe ur living in a forest.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by horlatami: 7:40am On Jul 26, 2012
i normally use it to iron white shirts grin grin grin but the outcome is always cry cry
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Waxx: 7:46am On Jul 26, 2012
Used it too...There was a time i had a hole on my shirt from the seed of weed and when someone asked me about it,i told him its from the little droplet of coal from this coal iron....lol
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by subzidi: 7:47am On Jul 26, 2012
grin And not forgetting that you would have to fling it thro and fro to increase the heat...i love the smell of creasy coals it leaves on your clothes.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by misterh(m): 7:48am On Jul 26, 2012
I remember a situation where it burnt the school uniform of a girl. The girl was ironing on a table with hollows, when the iron suddenly ran into the gallop. The disaster is better imagined. Used the iron wella! The good old days!
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Jungleprince1(m): 7:48am On Jul 26, 2012
My favourite, no network(nepa) failure

1 Like

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ocelot2006(m): 7:50am On Jul 26, 2012
Hell yeah. Junior Seminary.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by koolkamzzy(m): 7:59am On Jul 26, 2012
I will never forget what this Iron did to me during one of our children's day celebration in church ( remember the local church settings where the children takes over the affairs of the church for a week - children's week. Don't knw if they still do that now).
I was to act as the pastor on that day and I have made all the preparation, memorized all the bible verses that I'm to quote.

The problem started wen the tailor could not finish my cloth on time (trouser and jacket). I spent the whole saturday at the taylor's shop to ensure that I get my cloth that day. unfortunately, there was no light so I took it home like that. I got this iron from one of our retired Army neighbour (old soldier), loaded it charcol and was good to go. As soon as I placed the iron on the cloth, it glued there and my "pastors" cloth got burnt in a noticeable part. I cried my eyes out that day. Well I wore it to church like that. Mhen come see shame, pastor wearing burnt cloth. I did my preaching and was satisfied with my performance (felt the annointing for the first time lol) . But its an experience I will never forget.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by folahann(m): 8:02am On Jul 26, 2012
Yeah that cocck, just push it forward and ur iron will open.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by MMM2(m): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2012
Is dat iron or juju shocked
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ACM10: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2012
Ofcourse, back in secondary school. Our power supply was too epileptic. You have to be very careful to avoid getting your cloth burnt. The iron is notorious for staining white cloths. I never used it in my primary school cos I don't mind if my cloth is rumpled(I was less conscious of my appearance then).
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Krucifax(m): 8:13am On Jul 26, 2012
Definitely during my F.G.C Kwali, Abuja days in the early 90s. Used correctly it gives a near perfect ironed clothing.
Caution has to be used with white fabrics,especially when the coal embers start to die,b'cos you'll be blowing it with your breath or an improvised fanning device (i.e notebook,slippers,empty cut out cornflakes box,e.t.c).
But as we moved from Junior to Senior secondary,it was considered "ras" to use one. You had to use electric iron or form like you were using one.Memories i so miss Naija!!

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 26, 2012
I rmbrd using the iron in my secondary school and my two uniforms got burnt! I rmbr wen our discipline master flogged the hell out of me for wearing burnt uniform! Kai! God punish charcoal iron!!
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by xpensive05: 8:21am On Jul 26, 2012
Dats one of da bst n reliable pressing irons I hve seen so far.........believe me io min it
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Clemzy16(m): 8:22am On Jul 26, 2012
Aaah...! I always thought of using it. But my family never got one. It's kinda cool thou, That's why people always say Nigeria are very creative in Nature. But No one is willing to do something until a problem arises, and the problem that prompted to the establishment to this local iron is the epileptic supply of power is Naija(NEPA) inorder words, if Nepa no give us light, another alternative must come, to show say we be Nepa for the other side. afterall, Man must Iron..
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by PRESERVER(m): 8:29am On Jul 26, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Charcoals all the way.

I still have it and still do use it when PHCN Bleep up.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by spawnx: 8:29am On Jul 26, 2012
Its not DAT bad when u master d art. Accident do happen. I remember the 360 spinning to get it hot and a bowl of water to cool it. grin
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:31am On Jul 26, 2012
Yes. But I no like am.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ayobase(m): 8:34am On Jul 26, 2012
spawnx: Its not DAT bad when u master d art. Accident do happen. I remember the 360 spinning to get it hot and a bowl of water to cool it. grin

So on point!

1 Like

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by DExplorer1: 8:34am On Jul 26, 2012
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by olabode234: 8:35am On Jul 26, 2012
Mehn.... Bak we use it τ̅☺ roast stolen corn frm d sch. Farm, you also had τ̅☺ dip it in water τ̅☺ control d hotness, auto control
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by PosCaricature: 8:37am On Jul 26, 2012
We recently gave ours out to Scavengers. Whenever I used it I usually had a swolling thumb.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by shilaman(m): 8:41am On Jul 26, 2012
;DE make sense dieeeeee especilly for naija wey light no sure
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by sugardaddy1(m): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2012
I used it way back in the days and like most posters already mentioned here, those little charcoal droppings from the side vents ruined some of my clothes. But all the same, it's a very reliable piece of technology. Even though the device is getting outdated now, I think it should still be improved upon may be with the introduction of a side tray to receive those loose pieces of coals that always ruin clothes during ironing.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ipaad85(m): 8:49am On Jul 26, 2012
i can still remember wen i dont know i ve to control it's hotness with water, my brothers favorite trouser gone too soon
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 26, 2012
My Efik grandma still uses it to this day. I don't think I ever used it as an Iron though (I heard horrific tales of how it ruined many people's clothes). I used it mostly as an improvised dumbbell to strengthen my muscles during my adolescence.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by swizz01(m): 8:56am On Jul 26, 2012
Neva used dat cz its meant 4 dry cleaners.....or tailors..!!!unless PHCN don comot una line...
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Valiantvaliant(m): 9:01am On Jul 26, 2012
I still use it when there is no light.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by dipotech: 9:06am On Jul 26, 2012
Of course, there was a particular year (80s) when my xmas cloth nearly get burnt from the hot coal that fell on it(silk material) then. I nearly wept, may God deliver Federal Republic of Nigeria because many ppl are still using it till today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Moving Bus Goes Up In Flames In Jos (Photos) / What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? / Christmas 2017 From Around The World In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.