Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. (10193 Views)

Ben-Bruce Shares A Cartoon By The Sun Newspaper / See The Different Headlines In Today's Sun Newspaper / See The Controversial Front Page Of Sun Newspaper That Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Korrection(m): 8:24am On Jul 26, 2012
Armed bandits today in Lagos shot a newspaper editor, Steve Nwosu. Sources disclosed that Mr.Nwosu,the editor of Sun Newspapers in Nigeria was shot while coming from Zenith Bank in Maza Maza area in Lagos.

It was gathered that the bandits robbed him of the money he went to withdraw from the bank this afternoon. The criminals operated on motorcycle and vanished within minutes.

Latest reports show that Nwosu survived the gun shots as he was immediately rushed to the hospital for prompt medical attention after the unfortunate incident. Nwosu has been working with The Sun for many years now.

He writes an incisive column on social and political matters. He has also won several awards for his media work.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/25/sun-newspaper-editor-steve-nwosu-shot-by-bandits/
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Odinaka00(m): 9:14am On Jul 26, 2012
RIP
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Odinaka00(m): 9:15am On Jul 26, 2012
Though I don't knw yu buh RIP
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by seedord247(m): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2012
Odinaka00: RIP

Do u read the post alll?

20 Likes

Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by pufectskin: 9:18am On Jul 26, 2012
HE IS NOT DEAD
Odinaka00: Though I don't knw yu buh RIP
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by oluchi557(f): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2012
Dat is naija 4 u.RIP

1 Like

Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 26, 2012
Terrible! Am an ardent reader of his column.Love d sarcastic n funny way he outlines his points n arguements.Hope he recovers n gets back on his feet pretty soon.

2 Likes

Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Crown128(m): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2012
Learn to read post comprehensively before adding comments.

4 Likes

Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Guapo(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2012
did you read the part that says Nwosu survived the gun shots

2 Likes

Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by ayodeji1(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2012
Don't u ppl read before u start making comments?source says he survived and u are here wishing him RIP.SMH!
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 26, 2012
he's not dead,man.read d op again!
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 26, 2012
oluchi557: Dat is naija 4 u.RIP
RIP?Read the post again.
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Maleeq(m): 9:22am On Jul 26, 2012
RIP ke? The dude isn't dead now! Make una no carry mouth kill am biko!

@topic
The spate of these such crimes is on the rise. Just ran into a scene with bandits and armed police men around the Lagos state secretariat this morning on my way to work. Luck ran out on the bandits when they took a wrong turn in their getaway danfo and headed straight towards the police HQ in Alausa!
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by GODBLESSU1: 9:23am On Jul 26, 2012
All this Nairaland guys self, u guys don't read post before commenting. nawaooooooooooo.
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 26, 2012
Odinakat what's wrong?
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by konami001: 9:24am On Jul 26, 2012
RIP TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING RIP... Arrows... you people did not even bother to read the post... You are all on automation... used to writing RIP..RIP..RIP... na force to post... i blame una o

2 Likes

Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by pipsharvester: 9:25am On Jul 26, 2012
rip how?................so many mungun on this forum,people who never take time to read, they talk more and listening.
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Clemzy16(m): 9:26am On Jul 26, 2012
Hmmm. I was almost Guilty of that RIP Stuff. Anyways, i pray he gets well soon. Also, the police should do their investigation and bring those criminals to Book.
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 26, 2012
grin
dude, are u blind?didn't u see where its written dat he survived the unfortunate incident...or are u retarded?
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by sleeky8(m): 9:28am On Jul 26, 2012

slow poke learn 2 read thru a post b4 commentin, anyroads tank GOD he didnt die
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 26, 2012

Both of you should get married, so that you would torment each other with immeasurable foolishness for the rest of your lives. . .you deserve each other.

@ Topic, I learnt he was not badly injured, as the bullet merely scraped part of his scalp. Very lucky escape if you ask me. Oga Steve is one of the best in the business and I really appreciate him. I'm so glad he survived. God be praised.

4 Likes

Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by sirp2007: 9:29am On Jul 26, 2012
this goes to show tht some persons jus respond for response sake without taking time to read.OR is it tht they jus respond base on headlines.
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by ecode1(m): 9:29am On Jul 26, 2012
Thank God he survived it.Am also an ardent reader of his column and that of Eric Osagie on Sun newspaper. Those two dudes are the reason i check out sun newspaper because with them, it's never a dull moment while reading.
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Freiburger(m): 9:33am On Jul 26, 2012
shocked shocked shocked Being a journalist can be as dangerous as being a politician, na wa ooo
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by 377: 9:33am On Jul 26, 2012
@ odinaka00 does it mean that anybody with gun shot is dead na woa u just concluded immediately.d guy is alive ok nt dead.
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 26, 2012
This post has just confirmed that some of the people who comment are half- baked illiterates! I mean for God sakes, the post said he survived and some dunces were busy writing RIP angry
No wonder the failure rate in Nigeria has risen higher than the price of crude oil! Mscheeeeeewwww

1 Like

Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by Ejine(m): 9:34am On Jul 26, 2012

This thread go really expose the people wey no dey read posts before commenting. We dey see una grin

2 Likes

Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by cyril83(m): 9:35am On Jul 26, 2012
they said he survived the gun shot...
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by wandeay: 9:36am On Jul 26, 2012
may God save his life oo
sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by slimpoppa(m): 9:36am On Jul 26, 2012

Bros, e neva RIP o
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by mikolo80: 9:37am On Jul 26, 2012
GUNS GUNS WE NEED GUNS.BIG ONES
Re: Sun Newspaper Editor, Steve Nwosu Shot By Bandits.. by DExplorer1: 9:38am On Jul 26, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! / Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri / The Day Bail-out Palaver Hits Ekiti- Vanguard News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.