Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. (12189 Views)

Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide / Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt / Picture Of Nigerian Army Anti-bomb Squad Inspecting Bombed Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by BlackBaron: 10:57am On Jul 27, 2012
It's one thing to stop a car.
It's another to counter a bomb with a deadly blast radius which includes shrapnels and all.

Maybe in tandem with other devices, it would make for an effective counter measure.

Anyway why is that called a 'Robot'? grin
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by ebere1712: 10:58am On Jul 27, 2012
At leasst they are doing something undecided I actually like this idea.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by KINGwax(m): 11:02am On Jul 27, 2012
moderatorr:
Appreciate what? Aren't you ashamed of what our army is doing?
next they will invent a boko haram water cistern flushing robot
sharap jare
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by hakanai(m): 11:09am On Jul 27, 2012
Behold it is finished!!!! I dey look my car now and all i see is a space rocket.I think am in wonder land.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by DrDre1(m): 11:09am On Jul 27, 2012
*opens thread hoping to see real tech robot*
*sees picture of iron plates put together*

*faints from shock*

3 Likes

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by slap1(m): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2012
Who knows how many millions it cost to get that 'robot'? I think the Boko Haram will launch the 'robot' with a bomb blast before month end.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 11:25am On Jul 27, 2012
grin Robot my ass.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by emisun(m): 11:35am On Jul 27, 2012
Okija_juju: If this is a Robot, then I think I need psychiatric help as I might have finally gone fully insane!

they gotta be shitt..ing me. wat are we,dummies? naija no get education and shame at all
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 27, 2012
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Anti-bomb robot

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by bubadaniel13: 11:52am On Jul 27, 2012
I don't know what is wrong with us in the country,can't we even appreciate a good thing.This is a landmark at least something is done,but some myopic people are still criticizing,oya go make your and bring gam make we use....
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by powerblaze(m): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
Jakumo:

Clearly you are enemies of frogress who have chosen not to appreciate and admire African Stealth Technology. You will both be invited for questioning over your blasphemous comments here, on Monday morning. Have your overnight bags and toothbrushes packed in anticipation of honoring this polite invitation that you will now be served by security operatives.

For your enlightenment, the high-tech device being unveiled by that proud military officer is a Mechanized Vehicle Interdiction Module, which has been developed by African witch-doctors and black-smiths, in collaboration with teams of muttering, white-coated scientists from MIT.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by oladayo042: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
Robot [ roh-buh t, -bot ]
noun
1. a machine that resembles a human and does mechanical, routine tasks on command.
2. a person who acts and responds in a mechanical, routine manner, usually subject to another's will; automaton.
3. any machine or mechanical device that operates automatically with humanlike skill.

That device iron doesn't fit any of the definitions above. NA is a joke!

1 Like

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by gidiMonsta(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
bubadaniel13: I don't know what is wrong with us in the country,can't we even appreciate a good thing.This is a landmark at least something is done,but some myopic people are still criticizing,oya go make your and bring gam make we use....

Criticize? dude are u high on something? There's no landmark here, just another mockery of our security apparatus.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Werehkpe: 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
Ha ha ha ha

I swear I love this country! ROBOT? ha ha ha ha cheesy

Very soon the 9ja airforce will use A4 paper to make a paper plane and call it a "PROTOTYPE" F 16 bomber jet!

Ha ha ha! Comedians abound in this country o!

ROBOT! ha ha ha ha! Robot kor Robert nee! Hisssss

1 Like

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by girlking(f): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2012
slap1: Who knows how many millions it cost to get that 'robot'? I think the Boko Haram will launch the 'robot' with a bomb blast before month end.

Y u dey talk dis kind nonsense na?
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by HammedSodiqq: 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
This deserves commendation. Anything to stop these senseless killing is welcome. Churches and mosques should start producing same. We need peace. #naijagobeta
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by girlking(f): 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
oladayo042: Robot [ roh-buh t, -bot ]
noun
1. a machine that resembles a human and does mechanical, routine tasks on command.
2. a person who acts and responds in a mechanical, routine manner, usually subject to another's will; automaton.
3. any machine or mechanical device that operates automatically with humanlike skill.

That device iron doesn't fit any of the definitions above. NA is a joke!

I think it fits in 3. Above any MACHINE OR MECHANICAL DEVICE THAT OPERATES AUTOMATICALLY WITH HUMAN LIKE SKILL.......... It must not have d shape of a human being Sef.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Gwekzy: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
dis na wetin? if na like dis robot dey be na him be say my bacony 4 house na robot....all dose village iron beds na still robot...yeye pple

1 Like

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by DANILSA(m): 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2012
Most nigerians are stupid ingrate
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Flexskillz(m): 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
OMG, thats definitely not a robot, its not even robotlike! Can that piece of iron sense an oncoming vehicle, can it respond on its own to stop it, can it move by itself, is it powered by electrical sensors,...dat stuff looks like a roadside welders job to me,(someting they refer to as angle iron).
Did they even demonstrate it practically to show its effectiveness...? It might actually work;dunno but its definitely not a robot.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Kolade9(m): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
robot kor, row butt ni grin grin grin
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
Kant stp laughng,robot ke? d funy tin is their proud lukng face as if they ve achieved smetin huge.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by chubysoft1(m): 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
Am wholly dissappointed with this our military. So you mean they kept us in long wait only to see a piece of junk metal and they are proud to call it 'robot', gosh! Seems like we going into the Dark Age.

1 Like

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Enosa1(m): 1:12pm On Jul 27, 2012
Is that the almighty anti-bomb robot? Comment reserve...
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by tonymariao(m): 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2012
grin grin na share d moni we dey 3 metal piece joined 2gether without any form of ctrl as robot...security vote seems lyk a waste
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
Somebody tell me that this people are joking.... Is that piece of iron a robot? how much did it cost them?. Am going crazy
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by playboy19(m): 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
IT CAN NEVER BE WELL WITH NIGERIA! And hey, that is not a new curse, but it is a fundamental one.

How could all this possible so look down on 160 million people and come out with this piece of iron and call it robot? Do they think we are this d[i]u[/i]mb or what? Or are they the d[i]u[/i]mb ones here? In a country that has millions of foreign travellers? With over 20 million of her citizen living in advanced world? This is what you come out to present to them as a car-stopping-bomb-detecting "robot"? Damn... i weep for this country.

This is not even a bomb detecting device, it's just some random road-block pieces of iron wedded together. With first University in Africa, millions or graduates, millions of final year projects written and defended, billion of naira injected into the so-called Nigerian Army, is this all we can come up with to solve a menace as huge as Boko Haram?

Please, tell me how it could ever be well with Nigeria? Please...somebody

1 Like

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Chubhie: 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2012
It looks like something any roadside fabricator can do.Which one is now stop and search robot?
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Pakavy(m): 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
BlackBaron: It's one thing to stop a car.
It's another to counter a bomb with a deadly blast radius which includes shrapnels and all.

Maybe in tandem with other devices, it would make for an effective counter measure.

Anyway why is that called a 'Robot'? grin
i wonder o!how does such a gadget 'stop and search' nah?
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Agiliti(m): 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by FriendMark(m): 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2012
WTF
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by cecegorz(m): 2:34pm On Jul 27, 2012
Somebody help!
Lwfmh!
I'm laughing so hard that my driver is wondering what's happening on my screen.
I actually thought that the NDA is a millitary style university.
So these millitary chiefs with all their years at Sandhurst, et al are not ashamed to come to the public with welded angle bar and call it anti-bombing device?
Even Oshiomole boys that lay siege at the Benin by- pass has a better vehicle stopper than this.
This is definitely not worth celebrating, nay! Not by the Nigerian army!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring / Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress / Fuel Subsidy: Nigeria Will Pay A Price, Borrowings May Continue – Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.