Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. (12190 Views)

Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide / Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt / Picture Of Nigerian Army Anti-bomb Squad Inspecting Bombed Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by rash47(m): 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2012
Watched it live too , according to d army chief distributing d device, he says any car that speeds past it will flew high into d sky. Now wat amazes me is d manner those in charge of securing ourlives carryout their duty without any sense of proffesionalism;must they tell d whole world about their invention nd arrogantly displaying d modus operandi of d device in public, maybe one of them bokoboys are around they don't know. Wish them luck sha
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by brownlord: 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
Is this the long awaited Robbot, OMG and i was even thinking the Robot can stop a bomb but what if the BH guys decide not to use a bomb but resort to use of other weapons like gun and other stuff since bomb robot detector/denoter had been initiated, so this is the welded iron is now a robot abi, i see something is really wrong with this brainless military men
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by tete7000(m): 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2012
Bethor: Which kudos ?

That thing has been around since or even before world war II. Featured prominently in world war II though.
I totally agree with you. Those devices feature prominiently in the german's defence of normandy beaches against allied invasion of europe. Nothing is new in it.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by tete7000(m): 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2012
Bethor: Which kudos ?

That thing has been around since or even before world war II. Featured prominently in world war II though.
I totally agree with you. Those devices featured prominiently in the german's defence of normandy beaches against allied invasion of europe. Nothing is new in it.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by boyendowed(m): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2012
talk true: Misleading post. Please change the subject to match with the content
It is just a vehicle barrier

The thing tire me o.I don't know why they are calling it a robot

An israeli viper combat robot

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by jude33084(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
edogram.:
On nta news. A wedered iron, it was made of 3 iron but wede at the middle crossing each other making 6 hook to stop any rushing car that want to run into church or any building

Edogram ♈☺uЯ Ɲαмe is the secondary I attended grin

ƗƗ♡w far an? cool

1 Like

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by jude33084(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
edogram.:
On nta news. A wedered iron, it was made of 3 iron but wede at the middle crossing each other making 6 hook to stop any rushing car that want to run into church or any building

Edogram ♈☺uЯ Ɲαмe is the secondary I attended grin

ƗƗ♡w far na? cool
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2012
boyendowed:

The thing tire me o.I don't know why they are calling it a robot

An israeli viper combat robot

This is what I was expecting to see when 'anti-bomb robot' was mentioned in the report.
My local welder can fix those mental apparatus up within one hour.
Father God, what is our sin in this country that we can't get things right for once.
I can imagine someone coming up with this idea and getting paid millions to produce these things.
We really need help in this country.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by bejay766: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2012
No one here has an alternative, but whinning and accusations! You people should fear God o!
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
Ahhhhhh!!,lobatannn
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by obailala(m): 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
[size=16pt]DID THE ARMY CALL IT A ROBOT[/size] OR [size=16pt]DID SOME DUMB JOURNALISTS TERM IT A ROBOT[/size]

3 pages are already full with insults from nairalanders who have simply failed to read. . . . Na wa for Nigerians undecided undecided undecided

I've been searching hard through the link to see where the 'ROBOT' statement came from but I think its even the poster of this thread that simply came up with this mischief and apparently caught enough mugus. The device is a simple military purpose vehicle stopper that has been around since the days of Moses and Pharaoh. We really need to do our homework b4 insulting people and institutions.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by texazzpete(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
obailala: [size=16pt]DID THE ARMY CALL IT A ROBOT[/size] OR [size=16pt]DID SOME DUMB JOURNALISTS TERM IT A ROBOT[/size]

3 pages are already full with insults from nairalanders who have simply failed to read. . . . Na wa for Nigerians undecided undecided undecided

I've been searching hard through the link to see where the 'ROBOT' statement came from but I think its even the poster of this thread that simply came up with this mischief and apparently caught enough mugus. The device is a simple military purpose vehicle stopper that has been around since the days of Moses and Pharaoh. We really need to do our homework b4 insulting people and institutions.

Military purpose vehicle stopper my backside! Very soon you and your fellow mumus will call a speedbump an 'elevated acceleration retardant earthwork' or something.

You're so m0r0nically fixated on the term 'robot' that you do not see where the officer is calling this an 'invention'?
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by naptu2: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2012
Jakumo:

Clearly you are enemies of frogress who have chosen not to appreciate and admire African Stealth Technology. You will both be invited for questioning over your blasphemous comments here, on Monday morning. Have your overnight bags and toothbrushes packed in anticipation of honoring this polite invitation that you will now be served by security operatives.

For your enlightenment, the high-tech device being unveiled by that proud military officer is a Mechanized Vehicle Interdiction Module, which has been developed by African witch-doctors and black-smiths, in collaboration with teams of muttering, white-coated scientists from MIT.

grin grin grin

Ah! My ribs!
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Jakumo(m): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2012
boyendowed:

The thing tire me o. I don't know why they are calling it a robot

An Israeli viper combat robot

Please calm down. This Nigerian-designed car-stopper requires only a very fast sprinter to place it in front of an oncoming speeding truck, while the Israeli remotely-piloted combat vehicle in your picture would cost a fortune in battery replacements to keep running, with the added disadvantage of also being susceptible to Electromagnetic Interference, or impeded by terrain obstacles of the sort that a Nigerian army sprinter would hurdle with ease.

Remember that the Nigerian Army robot, comprising three pieces of metal welded together, is the result of research and development whose price tag ran into the millions of US greenback dollars. Anyone found guilty therefore, of publicly ridiculing the deceptive simplicity of this ingenious device should be brought to book with alacrity, and handed a stiff custodial sentence with hard labor, as a guest of the government.

1 Like

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by obailala(m): 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
texazzpete:

Military purpose vehicle stopper my backside! Very soon you and your fellow mumus will call a speedbump an 'elevated acceleration retardant earthwork' or something.

You're so m0r0nically fixated on the term 'robot' that you do not see where the officer is calling this an 'invention'?

If u were patient/sensible enough to read through what i wrote, u would have deduced where i said it wasnt a new invention b4 insulting me. The only error by the military was calling it 'an invention' and i expected this bit to be criticized and not the 'robot' thing.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by crackhouse(m): 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
Is this the long awaited robot?. The welder man that won the contract for welding this pieces of iron has been made for life. His money now runs in millions.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by abdul123(m): 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
This is to show how backward our leaders are, who are they fooling the masses of them self ? Even a 2yrs old child knows thats a barrier and not a robot. Imaging how the kids in Asia would be laughing at us now giiiiiisssss .......
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by deadie(m): 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
An Army which is supposedly defending 160 million people called welded metal a robot? This is is quite painful.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by obailala(m): 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
abdul123: This is to show how backward our leaders are, who are they fooling the masses of them self ? Even a 2yrs old child knows thats a barrier and not a robot. Imaging how the kids in Asia would be laughing at us now giiiiiisssss .......
deadie: An Army which is supposedly defending 160 million people called welded metal a robot? This is is quite painful.
crackhouse: Is this the long awaited robot?. The welder man that won the contract for welding this pieces of iron has been made for life. His money now runs in millions.

where in the write-up was it mentioned that it was a robot? . . . shine ur eyes people shocked shocked shocked
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Jaideyone(m): 3:30am On Jul 28, 2012
Jakumo:

Please calm down. This Nigerian-designed car-stopper requires only a very fast sprinter to place it in front of an oncoming speeding truck, while the Israeli remotely-piloted combat vehicle in your picture would cost a fortune in battery replacements to keep running, with the added disadvantage of also being susceptible to Electromagnetic Interference, or impeded by terrain obstacles of the sort that a Nigerian army sprinter would hurdle with ease.

Remember that the Nigerian Army robot, comprising three pieces of metal welded together, is the result of research and development whose price tag ran into the millions of US greenback dollars. Anyone found guilty therefore, of publicly ridiculing the deceptive simplicity of this ingenious device should be brought to book with alacrity, and handed a stiff custodial sentence with hard labor, as a guest of the government.
Buhahahahaha lwtmbo
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by porka: 8:22am On Jul 28, 2012
rash47: Watched it live too , according to d army chief distributing d device, he says any car that speeds past it will flew high into d sky. Now wat amazes me is d manner those in charge of securing ourlives carryout their duty without any sense of proffesionalism;must they tell d whole world about their invention nd arrogantly displaying d modus operandi of d device in public, maybe one of them bokoboys are around they don't know. Wish them luck sha

It is called PROPAGANDA, it is a war strategy. That is what they use to demoralize the enemy. It is professional, sir.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by porka: 8:30am On Jul 28, 2012
BlackBaron: It's one thing to stop a car.
It's another to counter a bomb with a deadly blast radius which includes shrapnels and all.

Maybe in tandem with other devices, it would make for an effective counter measure.

Anyway why is that called a 'Robot'? grin

It was obviously termed robot by the OP.

There was no where the military called that device robot.

If you take your time to read the article he posted to support his claim, the army chief used the word SIMPLE. Robot cannot be called simple.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:35am On Jul 28, 2012
Aerial surveillance and counter strike robot .

1 Like

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Isaiahosai: 9:05am On Jul 28, 2012
gud job at least lets start frm som where.lets jos hp it woks.i pray ooo.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by CID: 9:21am On Jul 28, 2012
nobody had said anytin about how the robot, abi road block works. Still waiting
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by phreakabit(m): 9:34am On Jul 28, 2012

I don't. . . .
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by naptu2: 9:42am On Jul 28, 2012
There was probably a mix up between this story and the story of the Air Force bomb disposal robot (still waiting to see pictures of that).
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by phreakabit(m): 9:48am On Jul 28, 2012

1 Like

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by phreakabit(m): 9:50am On Jul 28, 2012
naptu2: There was probably a mix up between this story and the story of the Air Force bomb disposal robot ([size=18pt]still waiting to see pictures of that)[/size].

See Mr chippychappy's post.
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by Frankiedu(m): 11:11am On Jul 28, 2012
J.Sparrow:
grin Looks like an upright for hanging clothes.Nice to know welders are now robotic engineers
Haaaahaaa! still unclear to me how this will stop even a saloon car.Well i'm quite very optimisitic though....Hope say e no go be Chinese something.. cry ..
Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by tonyx4x44(m): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
Okija_juju: If this is a Robot, then I think I need psychiatric help as I might have finally gone fully insane!

Re: Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. by edogram1(m): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VANGUARD: Danjuma’s Comments Confirm Genocide Against Igbo – Achuzia / 2019: Buhari Presidential Ambition Speculative – APC / Gov Ugwuanyi Declares Curfew In Two Council Areas In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.