Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,907 members, 7,838,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? (20985 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Abuzola Et Al A Christian Does Not Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Bella3(f): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2012
ReeOde: You said "corrupted book," the bible which i quoted from, isn't it a bible?
Does it mean those who uses such...are not a true christian?
Muslims believe its corrupted, hence my question! If u take a good look at the post, you'll find the sacarsm in it. Tintinz answered ur question too.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by ReeOde(m): 10:19am On Sep 01, 2012
Bélla3: Muslims believe its corrupted, hence my question! If u take a good look at the post, you'll find the sacarsm in it. Tintinz answered ur question too.
It is quite simple. I decided not to make a comparism because the thread is owned and created for the christians, to quote to you from my book, the qur'an, which I know you believe not, it's like doing the right thing at the wrong time. So I had to quote from what you believe in, in order to carry you along despite the fact that I know it doesn't have a perfect answer to the topic.
...I had to share my belief with you in such a subtle way because I wish for us all, to reflect and think...even if it is little.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by SalemLord(m): 9:02am On Sep 13, 2012
iheanyi4u: Ok I think it matters cos we are the light of the world and we have to shine in everything we do.
Now its ok to come as you are but its not ok to remain the same way you came. The Word is supposed to effect changes in all aspect of your life including your dressing!
may God bless u beyond words
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by SalemLord(m): 9:05am On Sep 13, 2012
My sister ur dressing really matters, like a saying goes how u dress is how u are addressed. Can u dress like a harlot and go to preach to a harlot she would rather not pay attention to u becos u're just like her and she would conclude that u are a hypocrite.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Bella3(f): 10:18am On Sep 13, 2012
SalemLord: My sister ur dressing really matters, like a saying goes how u dress is how u are addressed. Can u dress like a harlot and go to preach to a harlot she would rather not pay attention to u becos u're just like her and she would conclude that u are a hypocrite.
thats true
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by highyo: 12:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
there should be different between delila and deborah.
your dressing will tell you if you are a child of god
but today, there is no different between asawo and lady evangelist
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by jcross19: 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
ReeOde:
It is quite simple. I decided not to make a comparism because the thread is owned and created for the christians, to quote to you from my book, the qur'an, which I know you believe not, it's like doing the right thing at the wrong time. So I had to quote from what you believe in, in order to carry you along despite the fact that I know it doesn't have a perfect answer to the topic.
...I had to share my belief with you in such a subtle way because I wish for us all, to reflect and think...even if it is little.
do you really know why muslims cover up their faces or all over their body ? huh tell me ? do you remember that mohammad slept with his step son's wife ? do you really know how many women are in mohammad compound? do you know that one of your hair if you are woman is aching the malaika in allah paradise? these count a lots why muslims cover up like masquerade
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by plappville(f): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
Apart from been a christian, i believe modesty is to be applied in everything we do. People who work in the bank dare not wear mini-skirt ann tight body to work. Everyone behave his/her self in order not to lose thier job. But in the church, we have the freedom to do thing so many people abuse thier statue as believers in Christ. PASTOR who say it doesnt matter are only trying to hid the truth. they are scared to lose members. they are not bold to defend the truth, but trust me, they will confidently say...oh common it doesnt matters, it's your heart that speaks. Just know they are the naira, €,$,£ etc...seekers lolssss.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by ReeOde(m): 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
jcross19: do you really know why muslims cover up their faces or all over their body ? huh tell me ? do you remember that mohammad slept with his step son's wife ? do you really know how many women are in mohammad compound? do you know that one of your hair if you are woman is aching the malaika in allah paradise? these count a lots why muslims cover up like masquerade
All praise be to God, the Creator. I'm delighted indeed, having this opportunity to let you know how ignorance with falsehood spread beyond bounds.
Firstly, a muslimah (female muslim) covers her hair because it is an order (Al-Qur-aan, chapter 4- Surah An-Nisaai) from their Lord. Secondly, Muhammad (peace be upon him), never slept with his step son's wife, and in fact, none of his sons or children attained puberty before their demise except for two, his daughters (Zainab and Faatima' [may God bless them both]). What you said, was false and there is no proof for that except a mere ignorance and hatred. Thirdly, as for the numbers of wife he had, tell me how many exactly and their names if truly but you know for certain that he has 'many'. Lastly, the Angels (malaaika) do what their Lord ask of them, they are not man and so do they think not or act like one. Like i posted earlier, a women's body (inclusive her hair) is her beauty and nake dness; it doestn't ache or itch them, they just don't glare or visit the one who is expose (nake d), as their Lord commanded.
If covering one's body like a masquerade just to please his Lord (the Creator of all) isn't better, then exposing his body just to please man (and is thinking of right and wrong) or those who cover up as musquerade yet people cheer and dance to their tunes and they even celebrate them as done in one of me and you's village, is better?
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by ReeOde(m): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
Knowledge is a lost thing which everyone of us must find "even if it is as travelling far to China." If you seize to find knowledge, then you will end up being a mediocre or an ignorant.
Ignorant and laziness is what makes a man a mediocre in what he does, what he knows, and what he believes. Quite dangerous for life and eternity.
Many of us were born into a muslim or christain home and family. It makes the foundation of what we know, how we think, and what we believe. But true knowledge (by studying wide), good morals and sincerity is what defines our true essence. In them we find proofs to believe in what is really meant to believe in, not by inspiration because the days of revelations are far gone.
Let's not be sentimental about our life and beliefs. Explore wide to see amongst the signs of your Lord, for real and not by inspiration from a spirit being in a spiritual way when in the real sense you're a man and not a spirit.
"When you speak to a man with a language it goes into is mind, but when you speak to a man with is language it goes into his heart."
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by holypower(m): 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
Bélla3: thanks! Can you share your reasons?

of course, your body matters because it is the temple of the holy one
1corinthians 6:18 says Do you not know that your bodies are
temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own'' we put on dress on our bodies and thats y it matters. There is a different between a Christain and a worldly person in dressing. Most harlots are known by their dressings and most Believers are known too by their dressings. Our body is not ours, so we wont dress as harlot as so called believers today dress like claiming that dressing doesnt matter!
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by ReeOde(m): 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
How do we dress?

So happy to understand better that in the now society of ours, what the society put forth is the conscience to justify every act. If any act is considered normal in our society despite what one's believe says, it is good. In Islam, the Quraan teaches us everything and the best of its explanations, clearity, examples e.t.c are found in the book of Hadith (in the prophet's [pbuh] teachings and practises). Therefore, when our society considered an act good or bad, we make reference to the Quraan and Hadith for verification and its justification. And that's why the sincere muslim women dress up covering almost or their whole self, because Allah spoke of it in the Quraan. And who knows better a creature than his creator?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Mrs Veronica Going Viral is a Fake News: See the real Evidence Here / An Armed Robbery Experience I Had Moments After A Holy Ghost Church Service / Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.