Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? (20937 Views)

It Is Spiritual / "Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe / What Is Spiritual Israel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Rapmoney(m): 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
Read patiently...

In Nigeria, majority of us find it difficult to seperate physical issues from spiritual issues. I'm not using this post to state that spiritual problems do not exist but what I'm hinting on is the annoying way many Nigerians attach every issue in life to the control spiritual forces! Even when it is very obvious that such problems could be physical or even self-induced!

Whenever an accident happens and casualties are recorded, people hardly have time to investigate the nature of the vehicles involved; whether they were in good condition or not or whether the attitude or actions (inactions) of the drivers might have caused it. You would be surprise to hear statements like 'I talk am, dis road dey drink blood well well...na so one woman still die for here last month' or 'Una know say Christmas dor near, na winch people just dey find blood to drink'. Isn't this statement too ridiculous for one who calls himself/herself a Christian to make? If you believe that Christmas is meant to celebrate Christ's birth, why would you ever think that witches, wizards and demons would chose that as the best time to 'drink blood'?

In Nigeria, if a lady clocks 30 and she's not married, people start pointing accusing fingers at the old folks in her family without critically considering factors such as her personal character, marital preferences or even the harsh economy that has made marriageable men to become few!!!

Sometimes, I see people who never thought of planning for the future accusing one person or the other as the cause of their misfortune. This is the same reason why you hardly see people praying in churches these days without fully focusing on 'binding' and 'casting' their spiritual enemies in a very ferocious manner! The modern day shiny suit-wearing pastors with punk hairs, have never failed to capitalize on this to extort people of their hard earned money. Even people who have no certificates and skills/handwork will tell you that their jobless condition is the result of some evil people who do not want their success! The same pastors might deceive such a person that his problem is caused by witches and wizards when in essence, the young man is the wizard in his own life.

Too much emphasis on has made Nigerians to believe that every problem is a spiritual one and needs a spiritual solution. Some problems in life just require us to be pragmatic, logical and to take the right decisions at the right time. That's why I love the Book of Proverbs in the Bible. It teaches you pure wisdom! Sometimes when you pray, all you need is just to thank God for life, protection and provision. We must not make every problem seem spiritual...some problems just require you to correct your past mistakes, take decisions that can better the situation and act right!

I often wonder why Nigerians organise so many crusades, fasting and prayer sessions and other religious gatherings with the aim of enhancing the economy when in essence, these are unnecessary! There are no demonds causing havoc in our country's socio-economic life! The fact remains that we have refused to do things the way they should be done. We don't need to call God all the time to come and save us from bad governance; God has given everyone freewill and the ability to know what's right and what's not. Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Malaysia, Singapore, Canada, etc have better economies and social systems than our country! Does it mean the citizens call on God more than we do?

If you have been calling on God and it seems He's not answering you, you should know that He wants you to use the brain He has given to you to solve issues!

Some problems could be spiritual but let's not make it seem as if all problems are spiritual and need divine intervention.

Good Day!

114 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by yomi007k(m): 4:11pm On Jul 25, 2016
Because we blacks are not sensible enough to accept our responsibility and always want to put d blame on someone or something.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Rapmoney(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
yomi007k:
Because we blacks are not sensible enough to accept our responsibility and always want to put d blame on someone or something.
Thanks. That's the angle I'm coming from. The average Nigerian would rather blame unseen spiritual forces for things that can be solved with the brain.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2016
Because they are.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by NotNairalandi(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
Because we all know that NIGERIA has a spiritual problem and need cleansing with;
1.blind mosquito
2.pregnant virgin from calabar
3.six bags of house fly
4.female goat that has pen nis
5.snake and lalascala
6.fish that lives on the tree

Without all this items you are wasting your time grin grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by shamsuRana(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
when you have lived long with grandparents who in themselves were indoctrinated by theirs,not minding the fact that in some aspects of life,science does have explanations.I recall when I was coming up, "cancer" amongst my people was a spiritual disease.If a woman had miscarriage due to some commission or omission,it would be termed spiritual.

The mind is so mysterious,that anything you have a firm belief in,may manifest.

But spirits do exist o!

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
And the women are the champion in this league

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by AntiWailer: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
yomi007k:
Yea

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by hahn(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
Booking space patiently grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by jaybee3(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
Why do they introduce faith into every key decision of theirs?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Supersuave2(m): 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
sebi that one na problem, what about common statements like these:

God let me pass this exam
God let nepa bring light
God let this call go through
God let the bread seller pass by
Oluwa boost my G.P

I posted something about Nigerian revolution the other day and someone quoted me saying my agitation can't make people join me in my quest rather I should go on my kneels and pray to God, I said to him "Even the bible says Faith without work is dead" he never replied.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by BodyKiss(m): 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
Two reasons. Mental laziness and inability to take responsibility for one's actions.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
because we are too superstitious

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by donofdons: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
[b]it is a matter of brains...it is because many Nigerians have an IQ of less than 80 and believe that God was a jewish carpenter who was the deluded bastard son of an acclaimed virgin who was lied to by his mother that God impregnated her and who ended up believing it and allowing himself to be crucified only to realize his folly on the cross then crying out to his imaginary father in heaven asking why he has forsaken him.
This same man is called the lion of the tribe of judah while he was even weaker than a sheep, he goes around making statement like he is the king of the jews and even telling the priests that he will pull down their temples and rebuild it in 3 days and when asked to do that claimed that he isnt talking about the temple but his body.
A man that can believe in a talking donkey and a fish swallowing jonah can believe anything and is worst than a slave.
But romans no de carry last them beat nonsense commot for him body and his apostle stole his body and claimed he rose up on the 3rd day and went to heaven and na only the see am, even the mother did not see him self
[/b]

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by sukkot: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
because it is
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by instinctg(m): 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
hmm, not only Nigerians, Africans and many Asians alike believe everything about them is spritual .

Africans and spirituality are like .................

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by themosthigh: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
Because most nigerians are still slave to the lies sold to them by the whiteman about a naked crucfied jewish insane man called christ who believed he is the son of God and the ended up been crucified naked on the cross and dying as hoplessly and uselessly as he had lived only to be worshiped and revered by new set of fools

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
They are too spiritual.

Read the story of love btw two undergraduates recent episode written by a Nairalander - Acme of Love - Episode 2
@ https://scholarzine./2016/07/25/acme-of-love-episode-two-2/
will Tina make it to the university even after getting one of his teachers to pay her fee?
checkout

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by babyfaceafrica: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
The spiritual controls the physical

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Cornerstone001: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
Let me ask............
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
Na so we come see am...
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by jaybee3(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
Why do they introduce faith into their decision making process?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by krestup: 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
It's so sad that this is a norm in our society because our culture and religion has taught us to believe in entities than in ourselves. So when something bad happen, we are quick to push blame from ourselves to their entities. Even if these entities exist as some believe but the greatest power lies within us. The Bible says "My people perish because of lack knowledge. Knowledge only come from studying, research and self discovery. Like my Rosicrucian friend would say "man the problem, man the solution". Nobody is responsible for you good or bad fortune but yourself.
People are very quick to forget the law of karma, what a man sow he would surely reap. If you sow a good seed on a good soil, and nurture it, it would bring forth good fruit but if you sow a bad seed on a good soil. . It would always produce a bad fruit.
The Bible say "keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life". What are the things you keep in your heart? what are the things you think about? What are the things you mediate on often? For out of it are the issues of your life. So if think an entity is out to destroy your life, it's obvious that is the issue of your life.

In petitioning the Cosmic (God), turns the consciousness inward instead of directing the plea to a distant external entity or power. The Cosmic (God) is in each of us, the mystic realizes. It is not just in the reaches of space. The mystic knows further, that our Soul will answer our petition. The Soul is of the Cosmic (God) and it guides each of us to self-action." Ralph M Lewis

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Richy4(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
It's an African problem. not only Nigeria....

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Donpizzle(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
Not our fault. Its a reaction to too much nollywood movies. sad

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by pat077: 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
That's the Africa mentality. There is nothing God can not do, but there are a lot he Will not do because he has giving us all what we need to succeed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by daniska3yaro(m): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
The r tins beyond our naked eyes.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by chuose: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
[size=13pt]We are all suffering in Nigeria now.

God warned us not to vote in APC, that it's an evil Islamic party.
Adeboye fooled us and we supported APC.

Now we are all suffering for it.

This is a spiritual judgement on Nigeria going on now.

Everything we were warned not to do, we foolishly did by voting APC.
Now we are reaping the rewards.

See the warning given in 2014, yet the false pastor Adeboye & false priest Mbaka led us astray to APC
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by ofemigeorge(m): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by danowena: 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
I tire.. over-spirituality is worrying us. angry

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by tahoe(m): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
let me pray before I comment

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by azeecoboy(m): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
That's why its extremely important to know that All what's been happening to you now or later is surely Destined from God..
In that way,you will rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lust Is the Problem, Not Nudity, For Without Lust, Nudity Is Nothing / It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy / Pastor Mrs Veronica Going Viral is a Fake News: See the real Evidence Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.