Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Short Vacation To France - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Short Vacation To France (3112 Views)

How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Who has been to France, precisely Paris? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Vacation To France by walexy(m): 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
I am gonna be visting France for a one week holiday early next month and would be more than willing to spend time with any nairalander in Paris. Your guidiance and advise would also be appreciated being my first visit to Paris.

Anyone willing?
Re: Short Vacation To France by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2012
the month of August is one of the worst time to visit Paris, as most shops would be closed for the summer holiday, and the city is almost like a ghost town.
Re: Short Vacation To France by walexy(m): 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
MRbrownJAY: the month of August is one of the worst time to visit Paris, as most shops would be closed for the summer holiday, and the city is almost like a ghost town.

Bad news.. any penalty for not using the visa? Really contemplating and wouldn't know what could happen if i don't make use of the visa.. i mean my future chances of getting it renewed.. kindly advise accordingly
Re: Short Vacation To France by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
frankly, i wouldnt know, but pls open a new thread with the mentionned issue and i am sure some of our visa gurus will be quick to help you on that.
Re: Short Vacation To France by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
Not true. Tou va bien au mois d`Août a Paris.
Re: Short Vacation To France by walexy(m): 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
smiley
elodie: Not true. Tou va bien au mois d`Août a Paris.

Thanks for commenting.. Be more explicit please and note that i do not understand french.. can i have your e-mail addy to enable me talk to you directly?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Re: Short Vacation To France by wurajone(f): 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY: the month of August is one of the worst time to visit Paris, as most shops would be closed for the summer holiday, and the city is almost like a ghost town.
shocked shocked Do you live in paris?
Re: Short Vacation To France by wurajone(f): 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
elodie: Not true. Tou va bien au mois d`Août a Paris.
kiss Paris est toujours agréable à visiter anytime.you vivre à Paris?
Re: Short Vacation To France by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 04, 2012
sorry i havent replied earlier.......I REPEAT: AUGUST IS THE WORST PERIOD TO VISIT PARIS AS MOST OF THE SHOPS ARE CLOSED, MOST OF THE RESTAURANTS ARE CLOSED FOR THE SUMMER VACATION, AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE ARE AWAY IN THE SOUTH (OR ABROAD). yes there are still people in the city, of course(many tourists) but Paris becomes a desert town, as we Parisians call it. take my word for it or not(I am a French Parisian)...........any Parisian knows that fact about August in Paris.
Paris in August is not what anyone should expect from the great city of PARIS.

the only reason why so many Parisians like (or even prefer) Paris in August is because there are NO traffic jams in the city any longer, the metro or any other public transport are quite empty and most parkings are free.

elodie: Not true. Tou[b]t[/b] va bien au mois d`Août à Paris.

tu ne sais vraiment pas de quoi tu parles. Paris est désert durant le mois d'août. la plupart des magasins sont fermés, la majorité des restos sont fermés pour les vacances jusqu'en Septembre, et tout le beau monde disparaît pour le sud (ou l'étranger).
pourquoi crois tu que les parkings sont gratuits en Août?!

wurajone:
shocked shocked Do you live in paris?

i am a born and bred Parisian!
Re: Short Vacation To France by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 04, 2012
MODS why was my above post hidden?!
Re: Short Vacation To France by OmoTier1(m): 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
If you're visiting france in August, beware that August is the month of national holidays so you would have to pay more for your holidays! as for places to visit, you can go down North-West to see the Pyrenees down in Olorn-Maria, or travel down South to enjoy some chateaux if you are into Historicals . For me each time I go to Paris, I try as much as I can to escape that city, yes beautiful but hey... traffic can be terrible esp around Versailles coulibaly...
Re: Short Vacation To France by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
oui i lives in paris .
Re: Short Vacation To France by carolrex: 3:43am On Aug 28, 2012
Omo_Tier1: If you're visiting france in August, beware that August is the month of national holidays so you would have to pay more for your holidays! as for places to visit, you can go down North-West to see the Pyrenees down in Olorn-Maria, or travel down South to enjoy some chateaux if you are into Historicals . For me each time I go to Paris, I try as much as I can to escape that city, yes beautiful but hey... traffic can be terrible esp around Versailles coulibaly...

Broda, am planning going to france 4 my m.sc studies. Pls help on any info about france my email: gentlesimeon"at" yahoo.com
Re: Short Vacation To France by kennybuda: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2012
@ MRbrownJAY, Na waoo paris in august ghost town shops are close this is the fat lie. Paris is one of europe bigest torist city i have ever been. Every summer am in paris with my kids and wife from august till september, Poster go and enjoy paris find a place around paris saint germain its in the center but little bit expensive, you can walk from there to notredam or use metro one stop with the blue line to notredam , enjoy paris
Re: Short Vacation To France by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2012
Je vois tu fait la copié coller abi.
Re: Short Vacation To France by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
kennybuda: @ MRbrownJAY, Na waoo paris in august ghost town shops are close this is the fat lie. Paris is one of europe bigest torist city i have ever been. Every summer am in paris with my kids and wife from august till september, Poster go and enjoy paris find a place around paris saint germain its in the center but little bit expensive, you can walk from there to notredam or use metro one stop with the blue line to notredam , enjoy paris

lol, see this one too!!!!!
here is a question for you: if you visit Paris every summer from august to september, then how the hell do you know what Paris is like at other periods?! duh!

i repeat, for all the people who are just jumping on this bandwagon....I AM FRENCH PARISIAN, BORN AND BRED, PARIS IS MY HOOD; MY HOMETOWN; MY EVERYTHING.......I KNOW THIS CITY LIKE THE BACK OF MY FUKCING HAND......now if someone doesnt want to take my word for it, then so be it.
Paris in August is NOT Paris, its just a diluted version of Paris, full of tourists and broke ass people who couldnt afford a vacation. if you want to meet Parisians in August, you better go to the south of France because most are there.
Re: Short Vacation To France by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
Re: Short Vacation To France by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 30, 2012
elodie: Vous êtes ne a paris. Moi aussi je suis née a paris. même mes enfants ils sont tous née a paris. Une Parisienne. Stop saying what u dont knw. And it depens where u live in paris if at all u live in paris.vous faites la Copie coller.

elodie: Je vois tu fait la copié coller abi.

you are definitely NOT France born if you wrote the above NONSENSE, as no person (born and bred in France) would ever write this garbage!!!!! that is definitely NOT French, but rather it is how most immigrants (who "think" they speak French) would write French.

let me EDUCATE you........FIRST you dont say:"vous faites la Copie coller" but you say: vous faites DU copieR-coller.

SECOND you wrote:"même mes enfants ils sont tous née a paris" while you should have written:"même mes enfants ils sont tous néS a Paris".

THIRD you wrote:"Je vois tu fait la copié coller" while you should have written:" Je vois QUE tu faiS DU copiER-coller"

i can understand the SECOND mistake, as any French person who hasn't been to school long enough could have done it...... but the FIRST/THIRD mistake is just NOT FRENCH (however you want to look at it!)
these are clear mistakes that immigrants are doing with the French language, so please, next time you are trying to pretend to be who you are not, remember that there will always be someone out there who can prove you wrong, LOL!

PS: i also corrected your earlier mistakes in your first post on this thread.
Re: Short Vacation To France by manutayo(m): 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2012
Tout depend de ce que tu vas faire a Paris.
Re: Short Vacation To France by walexybaba(m): 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2019
[ hi bro, pls kindly share contact

quote author=walexy post=11579749]I am gonna be visting France for a one week holiday early next month and would be more than willing to spend time with any nairalander in Paris. Your guidiance and advise would also be appreciated being my first visit to Paris.

Anyone willing?[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

About Guyana, Caribbean Island, South America.. / Dv 2012 Lottery Final Interview Experience / Nigerian Man Caught With Fake Passport/documents At Uk Airport!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.