Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Who has been to France, precisely Paris? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who has been to France, precisely Paris? (5126 Views)

Who Says Naija Cannot Be Transformed? See Saudi Arabia (Mecca Precisely) In 1953 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Short Vacation To France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Akolawole(m): 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2005
There is a saying in Nigeria, which says, "See Paris and Die !"
Is there anybody in the house who has been to Paris or other cities in France ?
Lets hear from you.
For me, i don't think i saw what i expect.
I will share that soon.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by hotangel2(f): 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2005
Noo! I hope to go someday tho. smiley
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by nferyn(m): 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2005
Paris is a wonderful city to visit, especially in summertime, but, as with most of these things, you need enough money to enjoy yourself. And if you don't speak French, you won't get the service you expect.
Don't go to the suburbs, it isn't safe and you'll get depressed in a heartbeat. Stick to the center.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by thelastdon(m): 1:03pm On Dec 23, 2005
Well, to all my people out there, my mother is french and I was born in paris, the worst part of it is that I left Paris for nonsense Naija at the age of 5, I cant remember something about there except for pictures I have.

I couldnt even beleive myself whenever I c my mum in Photographs, cos I lost her 13 years ago.

The Only memory of Paris is only Photographs and some basic knowledge of the French Language. Nigerians bail me out b4 I burn out this country one day, cos anytime I look at my photographs I am always in a sad moment.

But before then, I will tell every body on NairaLand before its being burnt.

Seun, no vex for the language, its just all about expression
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Akolawole(m): 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2005
What is nonsense in Nigeria?
Please watch your languge.
Burnt down the country.
Note that this forum is a VOICE to Nigerians and Non-Nigerians
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by thelastdon(m): 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2005
Go and bring ur Goliath

I wanna c him right now cos I am waiting
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by thelastdon(m): 7:04pm On Dec 23, 2005
and dont forget am expressing my own thoughts, why dont u express yourself

the french guys says " des maivegn campaigne ruine une bonne conduite" dont corrupt my expressions ok?
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Akolawole(m): 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2005
No wonder you claimed to LIVE in so many places.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Akolawole(m): 9:41pm On Dec 23, 2005
I got to Paris via Eurostar.
The dissapointment is their International Rail station. It does not look so. No security check(immigration et la). Out of train, then to the city straight. just like that( As at December 2003).

To be continued....
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by ijebuman(m): 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2005
Akolawole:

I got to Paris via Eurostar.
The dissapointment is their International Rail station. It does not look so. No security check(immigration et la). Out of train, then to the city straight. just like that( As at December 2003).

To be continued....

You're travelling within the European union there are no immigration checks, unless you're coming from the UK and you're checked before you board Eurostar at Waterloo (by french immigration)

Paris is a very beautiful city but some parts of it resemble Balogun in Lagos, and parisian drivers are like molue drivers  smiley
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Akolawole(m): 2:20am On Dec 24, 2005
Mr Ijebu, are you saying , no immigration check within EU ?

There's mix-up in in your statement regarding french authority in Waterloo.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by ijebuman(m): 2:46am On Dec 24, 2005
Akolawole:

Mr Ijebu, are you saying , no immigration check within EU ?

There's mix-up in in your statement regarding french authority in Waterloo.

Within the EU there are no immigration checks for e.g if you're travelling from France to Germany or to Belgium, there are some exceptions e.g the UK still retains its immigration checks.

Regarding French immigration checks at Waterloo, that may have changed especially after july 7 but as of 2003 when i used Eurostar, French Immigration were at Waterloo while the British were at the French end and checked you when re entering the UK.

Schengen treaty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_treaty
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Akolawole(m): 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2005
The link is for Schengen countries. Which allows the visa to be used within those countries. The argument here is free movement within EU.

Even  British Citizens are subjected to check within Europe.

English people are pompous, they will never allow French Authority to be at Waterloo but ironically there is UK post at Paris Nord.Note French immigration officers are always uniformed, hardly speak in english.
Lets go back to the topic jare.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by thelastdon(m): 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2005
N'importe ce que vous les gens dites, la France est mes meres debarquent toujours, je veux voir que vous peuple Goliath maintenant, je suis ne a Paris et Paris est toujours le meilleur endroit que j'ai jamais ete a dans la vie. Donnez vos commentaires en francais svp

I will only receive opinions or question posted in francais
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by ijebuman(m): 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2005
Akolawole:

The link is for Schengen countries. Which allows the visa to be used within those countries. The argument here is free movement within EU.

Even if you one is a British Citizen, you are still checked. Period !

English people are pompous, they will never allow French Authority to be at Waterloo but ironically there is UK post at Paris Nord.Note French immigration officers are always uniformed, hardly speak in english.
Lets go back to the topic jare.

British immigration controls already operate in France at Coquelles port and the Eurostar stations of Paris Gare du Nord, Lille and Calais. The agreement is reciprocal, so French border police will be stationed in Dover to check travellers to France. They are already based at the Eurostar stations in Waterloo and Ashford and at the Eurotunnel terminal at Cheriton..[/color][color=#990000][/color]
source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/02/01/nsent01.xml

The reason why one of the suspected terrorists from july 21 could escape from the UK to Italy was because he was checked only by French immigration at Waterloo

[color=#000099]A Eurostar spokesman said a permanent passport checking point, manned by French officials, is in place at Waterloo Station.
He said that there is no permanent point manned by UK officials, but checks are implemented at times of heightened security.
The spokesman added that the Home Office and Immigration Service are responsible for passport checks, not Eurostar.
The Home Office has confirmed immigration controls were stepped up at all UK departure points - including Waterloo - after a request from police.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4732607.stm

just goes to show how much you think you know  smiley
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by ijebuman(m): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2005
thelastdon:

N'importe ce que vous les gens dites, la France est mes meres debarquent toujours, je veux voir que vous peuple Goliath maintenant, je suis ne a Paris et Paris est toujours le meilleur endroit que j'ai jamais ete a dans la vie. Donnez vos commentaires en francais svp

désolé je ne parle pas français, signale svp en anglais. Je répondrai seulement aux commentaires en anglais. si le Français est horrible il est parce que j'ai employé Google grin
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by thelastdon(m): 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2005
vous devez etre les whos un affliges, m'envoyez les messages prives et laissez l'entretien....
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by nferyn(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2005
thelastdon:

Then better learn how to write french first. Vous n'avez qu'une compréhension minimale de la langue française.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by ijebuman(m): 1:49pm On Dec 25, 2005
nferyn:

Then better learn how to write french first.

Methinks someone has been using the Google Language translator (just like i did  wink )
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Akolawole(m): 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2005
Can we use English please? After all, Naija is English speaking country.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by thelastdon(m): 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2005
ok, mr. akolawole. c'est finnie

Oti pari........ no more french for ur thread, but I no fit deny that language, cos its part of me......
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Akolawole(m): 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2005
But how i we going to understand your previous comment?
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by thelastdon(m): 6:28pm On Dec 25, 2005
maybe, u should apply for a french lesson class... how do u c that..

99 dollars 99 cents per month.... i will do the teaching

ademain
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by nferyn(m): 8:17pm On Dec 25, 2005
thelastdon:

maybe, u should apply for a french lesson class... how do u c that..
Maybe you should apply yourself. What you have been writing here is not even close to french. Google or other software translators [b]do not [/b]do the trick.

thelastdon:

99 dollars 99 cents per month.... i will do the teaching

ademain
For the quality you're offering, even 99 cent would be overpriced.
Passez chez le directeur de l'école avant de partir. Il vous donnera ton lettre de démissionnement.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Akolawole(m): 11:01pm On Dec 25, 2005
Thank you Nferyn.

I am waiting for him now.....
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by thelastdon(m): 9:03am On Dec 26, 2005
nferyn, I already have it

if u are up for it, u can tlk to me 2ru yahoo and lets see who is using the trick

or u might gimme a call and lets do some oral test

huhuh
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by nferyn(m): 9:44am On Dec 26, 2005
thelastdon:

nferyn, I already have it

if u are up for it, u can tlk to me 2ru yahoo and lets see who is using the trick

or u might gimme a call and lets do some oral test

huhuh
Look, you may very well have [i]some [/i]understanding of oral French, but you can't write French at all. What you wrote here is unintelligible blabber, throwing some French words in a mishmash, creating something that doesn't even remotely resemble a grammatically correct French sentence.
Anyway, French is not my mother tongue and I'm not claiming to speak it perfectly, on the contrary. You on the other hand give the impression that you are capable of teaching French.
Get of your high horse and use English, you won't make such a fool of yourself.

If on the other hand you want to improve on your French, better find some French speakers on-line and converse with them in French. I won't be able to help you because my French isn't good enough. As you seem to be residing in Holland as well, we could carry on the conversation in Dutch, that is my mother tongue, after all.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by thelastdon(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2005
rude.......... y?

je suis une personne aimable,
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by nferyn(m): 10:01am On Dec 26, 2005
thelastdon:

rude.......... y?

je suis une personne aimable,

Je n'ai aucune doute que vous êtes une personne aimable. Il faut seulement être un peu plus prudent quand vous exclamez votre connaissance de la langue française.

Bien a vous

wink
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Akolawole(m): 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2005
Thanks Nferyn
Can we go back to my thread please?
People want to learn here.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by AbujaBoy(m): 1:59am On Mar 02, 2006
I've been to Paris, for a single day, with friends. We were on-route to amsterdam from England, you see marijuana is legal there, so we went to get stoned :p
nferyn, dude, you really should watch your tounge, you see people tend to become pissy and start to cry at witty french statements, and I'd have to write on your resume that you're an inseptical neophyte sad
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by nferyn(m): 8:44pm On Mar 02, 2006
f0d:

nferyn, dude, you really should watch your tounge, you see people tend to become pissy and start to cry at witty french statements, and I'd have to write on your resume that you're an inseptical neophyte sad
What exactly is an inseptical neophyte?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Information On Hustling In Panama / Can The Embassy Arrest Me For A Fake Document? / How To Get To Jakande Gate From Ipaja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.