Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Help My Mom Drinks Too Much - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Mom Drinks Too Much (1508 Views)

My Mom Is Missing / My Mom Burst In While I Was Having Sex With My Wife. / Hello Nairalanders!! Meet My Mom And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Mom Drinks Too Much by omoboy1: 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2012
Hello every one on NL. I really need your help. My mom drinks too much. What pains me the most is she takes spirit.(yahooz and co ) and any time she is high she will start facing everyone she will talk oooooo till..... The way she act make me feel bad.and every night. I can not sleep all what I do is to cry. She is my mother I love her. But I do not like the drinking part. Shop own her own shop. But all the beer and drinks there are gone. She took them all. I have called her times with out number. I told her she will die With the way she is going.

I came to understand. Why she is taking so much of the thing. Is because of my so called father. The man is a pain in the ASS. He talks to her any how. Because the kids. I mean the boys do not have money. And she feel SAD. Pls help me I just do not know what to do and I pray for my dad to die. Yes I said it ....
Re: Help My Mom Drinks Too Much by Tgirl4real(f): 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
Awww. ..dis is sad. I feel ur pain. Actually, I can't understand how it is cos I have never experienced it. Ur mum needs to take care of herself before your dad runs her mad. Talk to her to stop allowing him get to her. I know it isn't easy anyway. But, she needs to find happiness elsewhere.
Re: Help My Mom Drinks Too Much by omoboy1: 11:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
Tgirl4real: Awww. ..dis is sad. I feel ur pain. Actually, I can't understand how it is cos I have never experienced it. Ur mum needs to take care of herself before your dad runs her mad. Talk to her to stop allowing him get to her. I know it isn't easy anyway. But, she needs to find happiness elsewhere.

My sister. Thanks I have done my best talking to her. If you tell her she will start to cry. The main thing is she hide her self any Time she want to drink. But when she start talking too much. You will no that she is high.... All because of my so called father who does not want to take care of the family. He goes up and down telling people about everyone in the in the family. Our last born hate the man
Re: Help My Mom Drinks Too Much by Tgirl4real(f): 11:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
Why don't you guys organise a temporary separation from him. Suggest this to ur mother. Let's see if she will be better off without him.
Re: Help My Mom Drinks Too Much by Sijo01(f): 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
Waoooo, this is kinda sad &heart breaking......with you narration, there is nofin you can say to her that will make her drop that habit.......wish your dad will turn around positivly, it would have be easier for her...... Try introduce her to a Psychologist, it will help.

Goodluck n stand by her to pull through.
Re: Help My Mom Drinks Too Much by EfemenaXY: 11:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
omoboy1: Hello every one on NL. I really need your help. My mom drinks too much. What pains me the most is she takes spirit.(yahooz and co ) and any time she is high she will start facing everyone she will talk oooooo till..... The way she act make me feel bad.and every night. I can not sleep all what I do is to cry. She is my mother I love her. But I do not like the drinking part. Shop own her own shop. But all the beer and drinks there are gone. She took them all. I have called her times with out number. I told her she will die With the way she is going.

I came to understand. Why she is taking so much of the thing. Is because of my so called father. The man is a pain in the ASS. He talks to her any how. Because the kids. I mean the boys do not have money. And she feel SAD. Pls help me I just do not know what to do and I pray for my dad to die. Yes I said it ....

Sounds like your mum IS an alcoholic and needs help. The first step to getting better is that she has to admit that she has a drinking problem, otherwise she'll be in denial. Once that first all important step is taken, then she would need to seek medical help and then depending on the doctor's recommendation, might even have to go into rehab. Not sure if there are any rehab centres in Nijia.

Anyway, these 12 steps in the meantime, might help you cope with your mum's situation:

1. Understand the causes of alcoholism.
2. You be the reason,you be the cause,& you be the motivation for abstinence.
3. Try talking to your parent when she is sober.
4. Avoid arguing with a drunk parent
5. Stay consistent
6. Realize that your parent's alcoholism is not your fault.
7. Let your feelings out.
8. Don't depend on your parent or trust what she says she will do unless, your parent has proven that you can depend on her.
9. Do things that will take your mind off the situation at home.
10. Do not start drinking yourself
11. Get out if your parent becomes abusive
12. Do not be afraid to tell someone

http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-an-Alcoholic-Parent
Re: Help My Mom Drinks Too Much by omoboy1: 11:30pm On Jul 26, 2012
My mom is old school. You know how this igbo people are. They are always 1000% royal to there man... You will not believe this her first child. Is not helping.. She backs her dad, just becos the old fool pays for her and family house rent.

I have to stand by her. She is my mother to matter what she is. The only thing paining me now is just the drink
Re: Help My Mom Drinks Too Much by omoboy1: 11:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Sounds like your mum IS an alcoholic and needs help. The first step to getting better is that she has to admit that she has a drinking problem, otherwise she'll be in denial. Once that first all important step is taken, then she would need to seek medical help and then depending on the doctor's recommendation, might even have to go into rehab. Not sure if there are any rehab centres in Nijia.

Anyway, these 12 steps in the meantime, might help you cope with your mum's situation:

1. Understand the causes of alcoholism.
2. You be the reason,you be the cause,& you be the motivation for abstinence.
3. Try talking to your parent when she is sober.
4. Avoid arguing with a drunk parent
5. Stay consistent
6. Realize that your parent's alcoholism is not your fault.
7. Let your feelings out.
8. Don't depend on your parent or trust what she says she will do unless, your parent has proven that you can depend on her.
9. Do things that will take your mind off the situation at home.
10. Do not start drinking yourself
11. Get out if your parent becomes abusive
12. Do not be afraid to tell someone

http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-an-Alcoholic-Parent

Thanks so much for your understanding I'm doing the best I can do. I will be going to state's in 2months time. If I should move she may die with the way I'm seeing things. I'm the only one that makes her happy. That is one of the problem.

(1) (Reply)

He Said I Rather Resign Than Take Instruction From A Small Girl / Can You Insult Your Parents??? / Party Crashers..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.