Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama (26276 Views)

Tambuwal & Nigerian Senators At EQUATOR In Uganda - PICS / Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening / How Much Does Nigerian Senators Earn Per Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by brightmon: 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
Yet, he said he needs about N7 trillion to complete its developmental schemes.
Fresh air indeed.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Ayoobscom(m): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
Subhanalah!,,,we don't suffer huricane we don't experience earthquake but our leaders are worse than those two combined
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by playahP(m): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
And I swept along with jesus!!!!!! This is sickening!!! Evil and preposterous!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by salemdv(m): 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2012
Hmmm....only two things can save us from this mess REVOLUTION or GOD. Which i know most youth would choose the later. Naija i hail thee oh
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by lifeisgood32: 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2012
Zzyzx92:
Devilpunish Ūя̲̅ god-forsaken mouth!!! Which work do dey do than obama Ori e o kpe
dude relax, that was sarcasm at its finest.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Fhemmmy: 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2012
More reason why i weep for that nation.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by dein77(m): 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2012
Olodostein: Nigeria Senator in his rocking chair reading this and say;

"And so what " ! what are you goddam youths gonna do about it ?

Just watch how this thread won't exceed past 3 or highest 4 pages.

But if it were to be about some shallow things, it would cover 20 pages.

The Nigerian politician understands how citizenry mindset works.
bro, ever since it occurred to me that we are to blame for our woes, i quit blaming our rulers. Or why should the collective limited resources of a people are this ruthlessly looted and pillaged by their rulers and the people keep quiet? I have said it over and over that God will not just condemn our corrupt leaders to justice and live we the masses exonerated. We have chosen to remain this way. Nigerians obviously dont deserve good governance, since they are not willing to pay its attendant sacrifice....its that sad....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Kpac(m): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2012
To change Nigeria to be among the best :
> We need the help of the Press to be sincere and never bow to be intimidated.
> We need the help of the Newspaper editors, to value informations like this above any other information,to discard the monetary values and exault informations that would heap pepper on corrupt officials
> We need help of TV stations to broadcast the truth and never allow politics be a factor in their business
> Above all, We need Nigerian youth to join forces in one voice, avoid supremacy, hollier than thou attitude, speak in one voice and not allow politicians use their games to divide us in tribes, parties etc.

We know this things and yet it goes into thin air, do you want to know why ? The reason is because we are our own enemies as Nigerian youth, if someone who has small money to pay for publications to expose corruption,has passion for this country, has other resources needed for us to mobilize and be heard, comes out to condemn these greedy politicians, instead of Nigerian youth joining in one voice, most of us would say they are fighting for their own interest.

We need change, Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by pwettytemmy(f): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
OMG. This is outrageous. How on earth do ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥y expect this country to move forward. Who are those dat gave us independent i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d first place? We don't need it yet. both D̶̲̅ military n democaratic era has и̣̣̣̥ϕ† bn able τ̅☺ solve our problems. This í§ looting of D̶̲̅ highest order. I don't even knw naija has a treasury this much.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by tbabs3: 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
NIGERIAN SENATORS
Basic Salary (BS) = N2,484,245.50

Hardship Allowanc: 50% of Basic Salary = N1,242,122.75

Constituency allowance: 200% of BS = N4,968,509.00

Furniture Allowance: 300% of BS = N7,452,736.50

Newspaper allowance: 50% = N1,242,122.70

Wardrobe allowance: 25% = N621,061.37

Recess Allowance: 10% = N248,424.55

Accommodation: 200% = N4,968,509.00

Utilities: 30% = N828,081.83

Domestic Staff: 35% = N863,184.12

Entertainment: 30% = N828,081.83

Personal Assistance: 25% = N621,061.37

Vehicle Maintenance Allowance: 75% = N1,863,184.12

Leave Allowance : 10% = N248,424.55

One off payments (Severance gratuity): 300% = N7,452,736.50

Motor Vehicle Allowance: 400% of BS = N9,936,982.00

Total per month = N29, 479, 749.00

A senator's anual salary = over N182 million

I added all the figure above and it comes to N45,869,467.69. Not sure where you get N29, 479, 749.00 from
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by omenziate(m): 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
God go make my papa senator o. Chei, see Money o.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by boyendowed(m): 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
miteolu: NIGERIAN SENATORS
1. Basic Salary
2. Hardship Allowanc:
3. Constituency allowance:
4. Furniture Allowance:
5. Newspaper allowance:
6. Wardrobe allowance:
7. Recess Allowance:
8. Accommodation:
9. Utilities:
10.Domestic Staff:
11.Entertainment:
12.Personal Assistance:
13.Vehicle Maintenance Allowance:
14.Leave Allowance :
15.One off payments (Severance gratuity):
16.Motor Vehicle Allowance:

OMG! A senetor pay slip will be 3 pages

Chei! Na only one person dem dey pay all these?
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Fhemmmy: 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
omenziate: God go make my papa senator o. Chei, see Money o.

You could try to be one now
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by faithin9ja: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2012
As much I as deplore this obvious waste of money, I really believe we as nation and culture are as much to blame for this.

How many US senators pay school fees for other peoples children, or hospital bill for another man's wife or buy salt for his village womens union?

Most of us are guilty of encouraging this type of behaivour and corruption, maybe out of our own poverty, as soon as we hear that our 'uncle' is now a senator, the speed we will rush to his house and table our problem. If he doesn't try to solve it, we go say 'that wicked man'.

This does not exonerate the Senator oh!! because this same same senator after he has given me N5k for my transport with a promise 'I will see what I can do' the Senator will buy his 'babe' blackberry porsche.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by ANYPEN(m): 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2012
the shout "thief! Theif!! Thief!!!" is what eventually makes a thief get cauth. youths can start by keep letting them know they are thieves when we don't hesitate to tell other Nigerians in schools, market places, gatherings etc. Information like this.

Am about floating a forum where youths can write on how the problems of this country personally affects Him or her. the motive is to have a column in a daily to publish the article and read out the article on a popular radio program.

With these, we will be sounding it more in their ears that we know they are nothing but common thieves!
A- angry
N-nigerian
Y-youth.
Who uses the PEN.
ANY-PEN.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
Junior after reading this
Teacher: junior wat do want 2 study in college
Junior: senate science
Teacher: y shocked
Junior: because when I grow up, I want to make money while sittin jobless cool
Teacher:
Naija money dey define itself for one place o
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Yornandrew: 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
No comment
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by slimbruced(m): 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2012
This is so not fair.C'mon,this country needs a shake up puleasee..Haba?
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by akin33(m): 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2012
At this jucture, let us stage a protest to stop this broad day stealing. The PDP has succeeded in making themselves empire. If we keep silence, it will continue. The salaries of a senate or reps enough to develope a community. Chai! This evil must stop. Revolution to chase PDP away in 2015 election is sure. Graduates, atisan, businessmen, man & woman, let us come together to stop these few people that are pocketing our wealth. Imagine, in d midst of unnemployment and hunger. A person earn such amout of money and dnt care to create jobs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by MMM2(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2012
Am not surprised angry
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by heyma: 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2012
Add the occasional bribery lobbying that comes around.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by faithin9ja: 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2012
akin33: At this jucture, let us stage a protest to stop this broad day stealing. The PDP has succeeded in making themselves empire. If we keep silence, it will continue. The salaries of a senate or reps enough to develope a community. Chai! This evil must stop. Revolution to chase PDP away in 2015 election is sure. Graduates, atisan, businessmen, man & woman, let us come together to stop these few people that are pocketing our wealth. Imagine, in d midst of unnemployment and hunger. A person earn such amout of money and dnt care to create jobs.

Are ACN and CPC senators excluded?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by dipotech: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
Thanks for the information but what can Nigerians do to stop this.

Honestly speaking it's just 'three' much if i may say. What are the labour unions including NANS doing with this?
Nigerians don't deserve what is happening in the country except for lack of equity, injustice, greed etc
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Alpha2k(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
I advocate for a 50% reduction in earnings for all political office holders. Such savings should be used to create 1,000,000ha of farm land per year for youths to engage in commercial crop farming. This will reduce crime & make food available at very low cost.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by heyma: 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2012
...but all that has to be verified in any case.
As accurate as it appears,
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Boyoorisha: 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2012
Yet, the only way to revive the country's economy is to remove subsidy and impoverish the poor poeple
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Willy411: 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2012
Only monthly alowance runs in million, but a teacher who work for a whole monthly don't earn above 5 thousand Naira.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2012
No be 2day we know dat 1.I like the formula wey dem use calculate am sha.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by edicolove: 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2012
ypzilanti: exactly what i keep saying. Why has no one organized a march on the national assembly?

Because that's not the agenda. The agenda is to return the power back to the core north with the support of the south west. They own the oil blocks and need to renew their licences by 2016. The only hindrance is the middlebelt and south south!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by bengunsman(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2012
Now that we know this what next? Are we just going to watch dis guys and their children swim in enomous wealth while d 90% of us suffer? Now I know y they ochestrated d BHT group, so that we will not unit and fight them. We need change if we don't act now our children will join the millions of unemployed graduates and their kids in yankee will return home 1 day 2 inherit power.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
dein77: bro, ever since it occurred to me that we are to blame for our woes, i quit blaming our rulers. Or why should the collective limited resources of a people are this ruthlessly looted and pillaged by their rulers and the people keep quiet? I have said it over and over that God will not just condemn our corrupt leaders to justice and live we the masses exonerated. We have chosen to remain this way. Nigerians obviously dont deserve good governance, since they are not willing to pay its attendant sacrifice....its that sad....

So so sad bro.

Fela summarized it all, "suffering and smiling".
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
Boyoorisha: Yet, the only way to revive the country's economy is to remove subsidy and impoverish the poor poeple

They have to do that to be able to pay the salary of the people . . . Teachers are being owed salary and yet these people are raking millions monthly and their salary are on time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari / APC And PDP Chieftains To Form A New Mega Party / Professor Chukwuka Okonjo Honoured In ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.