Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama (26287 Views)

Tambuwal & Nigerian Senators At EQUATOR In Uganda - PICS / Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening / How Much Does Nigerian Senators Earn Per Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by str8talk1: 2:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
God bless d poster!
4 me, these mindless looters r a product of d pple dat elected dem,right 4rm d president 2 d least elected office holder.
during election campaigning period dey com wt an humble face 2 ask 4 our votes,but afta being elected,dey bcom Ur excellency,distinguished senator,honorable rep. & oda fictitious accolades dat r not found in d dictionary. while d electorate dat voted dem in bcoms dia subjects & social nuisance in dia eyes.
Until whn we begin 2 set/articulate our demands b4 these 'nonentities turned tin gods' & use d instrument of recall as enshrine in d constitution,i dont c any change coming in d next 50yrs.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ah 6 pages..... Surprise. Surprise.

Well, I came up with a much suitable and specific definition for "Legislooter" that Oxford dictionary, thesaurus and perhaps wikipedia could consider.

Who is a Legislooter ?

"An infamous name for an average Nigerian politician that loots the nation's treasure meant for the upkeep and development of the Nigerian people and nation".

More suggestions are welcomed.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by jpphilips(m): 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
Olodostein: Nigeria Senator in his rocking chair reading this and say;

"And so what " ! what are you goddam youths gonna do about it ?

Just watch how this thread won't exceed past 3 or highest 4 pages.

But if it were to be about some shallow things, it would cover 20 pages.

The Nigerian politician understands how citizenry mindset works.

this info is just on nairaland to serve the viewership of the elites with internet access and perhaps less than a million people in a population of over 167m.
I dont believe that those agberos that fight over 2litres of kerosine at NNPC outlets will not lynch an average senator on a good day.

nigerians are suicidal lately, they have become militants and terrorists. Judging from communist revolutions of asia, our radicalism has no match.

What i see missing in the equation is knowledge/information.

Let every Nairalander print this page in summary and paste on the streets where you live, 6months on, we will get results.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by psalmizt(m): 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
jp philips:

this info is just on nairaland to serve the viewership of the elites with internet access and perhaps less than a million people in a population of over 167m.
I dont believe that those agberos that fight over 2litres of kerosine at NNPC outlets will not lynch an average senator on a good day.

nigerians are suicidal lately, they have become militants and terrorists. Judging from communist revolutions of asia, our radicalism has no match.

Let every Nairalander print this page in summary and paste on the streets where you live, 6months on, we will get results.

@bolded I totally agree with you.
Ppl ask why re the legislooters after their own pockets? You don't over feed a child and expect him to remember poverty. Shikena.
I wish my ppl can trully see that neither d Judishareit, nor the Executhief can save us from these Legislooters. We re doomed as a nation if this is allowed to go on and on
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by chucky234(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire: And yet, they still shymmex the Subsidy facts and take bribes.....what a gang of thieves. They are just sharing the money. The Administrative Arm of Government is the most expensive arm, yet they do nothing.....
Good you know
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by chucky234(m): 3:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
eyen nyin: Ur calculation was based on per annum, how did it become monthly at the end. Without devising 29m by 12 and then divide again by 160 naira. I know u didn't love maths when u were in school. Lol
Guess you were poo in solving maths,each of those senators earns above N100m annually and you are dumbly thinking of dividing 29m by 12.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by olalekan1(m): 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
E better make whitemen dey run our affairs sef than these bunch of theives. Habaaaaaa.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2012
jp philips:

You make sense. Not every common Nigerian has the means assess this information online. Your idea sounds great... To keep our cover, we can go at night and paste like 50 copies in a neighbourhood for people to start reading the truth at dawn.

Can you imagine residents of Pape, Abuja - which is just a stone throw to Maitama, where many of these legislooters live - waking up and reading this. Hahaha. This is fun !

We need more ideas like this one.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
jp philips:

You make sense. Not every common Nigerian has the means assess this information online. Your idea sounds great... To keep our cover, we can go at night and paste like 50 copies in a neighbourhood for people to start reading the truth at dawn.

Can you imagine residents of Pape ( a shanty town), Abuja - which is just a stone throw to Maitama, where many of these legislooters live - waking up and reading it. Hahaha. This is fun !

We need more ideas like this one.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by misterh(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
Now that we've known, what are we gonna do with the info? Most of us will just shake our heads, throw some curses, & go back to our normal life. Some religious ones might even ask God for His intervention as if He has not done His part. Meanwhile, the thieves raping our economy will also continue with their unwholesome activities. Until the citizenry makes a conscious effort @ ending the status quo, there will be NOTHING that will be done for the good of Nigerians. Any good from the govt will be coincidental or a means for them to perpetuate their criminal acts. When will we stand up to our rights?
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by 19naia(m): 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
edicolove:

The Nigerian senator does not receive the salary for life but it is still way way too ridiculous. What is more ridiculous is that this is official salaries. I mean, if we are talking about embezzlement, it would be another matter. But to think that they are legitimately collecting these is just crazy. Because some might argue that the executive and others are stealing money but then you can expose and stop monies being stolen by them. What the legislators collect, you cannot stop. It is constitutional.
THANKS FOR THE REPLY,NOW I KNOW SOMETHING NEW,AND I HOPE NIGERIA CAN EQUALIZE THE MAJOR IMBALANCE BETWEEN THE PEOPLE AND THEIR GOVERNMENT...I WANT NIGERIA TO DO WELL,BECAUSE I MAY NEED TO SEEK REFUGE THERE WHEN THEY TRY PUT COMPUTER CHIP IN MY NYASH IN U.S.A.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by ril19(m): 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
even with the extemely exorbitant pay-slip they recieve, they still take bribes, loot, demand percentages from contractors, execute low quality projects and cart away huge sums for project exection. This is seriously unfathomable! The level of greed and self-centeredness of man has sqaurely exceeded that envisaged previously! Only God can handle this.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by ehonda(m): 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
I think they feel we are still in the dark let confirm the information from reliable source so that wẹ can refrence it. Our people need to know how a single person salary can feed almost 500people. They are busy enriching their pocket in silence.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by teevibez(m): 8:35pm On Jul 28, 2012
Eh ya, hmmmm. Hustling continues for d masses.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Rick9(m): 8:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
God almighty. Only u can save us in times of distress.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by ifyalways(f): 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
Is this supposed to be news ?
Anyone surprised ?
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by tolulopejohn01(m): 10:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
I'm happy to c everyone voicing out dere sore displeasure
The bitter truth is dat NO PAIN,NO GAiN,revolution comes with sacrifice

The only way to know for sure dt ur comments are nt just blabbings from a frustrated being is dt wen U̶̲̥̅̊‎​
Perradventure get dere or ur uncle,aunt,friends....name dem......ur stand will still be rock solid like now,U̶̲̥̅̊‎​
Will still voice out ur displeasure like U̶̲̥̅̊‎​
are doing nw....aside dat?ITt IS WELL WITH MY COUNTRY.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by deleo16(m): 11:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Fhemmmy: 3:32am On Jul 29, 2012
ehonda: I think they feel we are still in the dark let confirm the information from reliable source so that wẹ can refrence it. Our people need to know how a single person salary can feed almost 500people. They are busy enriching their pocket in silence.

What do you think will be next?
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Igbanibo: 4:00am On Jul 30, 2012
That is why the country is so backward, look at the cost of running the National House of Assembly. It should be pegged to some index, as in say the US salary. Guess what, if anyone tried that, the legislators will show their true colors and have a backlash.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Damilorlah(m): 4:31am On Jul 30, 2012
no wonder anything that has 2 do with goverment or politics in dis nation are always consider "a -do -or die affair , survival of d fittest, elimination of d weakest .zero sum game.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 30, 2012
anonimi: I understand that only PDP legisLOOTERs are collecting these illegitimate amount.
Their counterparts from progressive ACN, incorruptible CPC and the other parties are returning the amount above RMAFC approval each month.
Hmmm. .they are all deceiving us including the opposition
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by doofanc: 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
jp philips:

@bolded, good idea. it can also be left in buses and taxis.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by jamace(m): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
Those Sinators and Legislooters are only interested in being ahead of Nigerians moneywise, not leadership. Shame on them. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘FG To Lift 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty In 2020’ - Zainab Ahmed / I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari / Reuben Abati's Son, James, Graduates With LL.M From The University Of Hull-pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.