Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

How To Worship The Nigerian God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Worship The Nigerian God (19033 Views)

Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? / Beware Of White Garment Churches..the Worship The Marine Spirits! / Time To Worship The African God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
Jephyard: Thanks for posting the writeup in nl. I ve known for a long time that our god we serve in this part of this world is different from every other god in the world, Nigerian god, it high time we find a befitting name for this god.
I think people have the wrong perception of what God is and its expectation from humans.
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Dansadaumallam(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
Agimor: And who is the Nigerian God?is it differ from the i am that i am,the beginning and the end,the alpha and the omega,the lion of judia.better be careful with things that ought to do with God.for God cannot be mocked.

pls. Maintain your peace ,God cannot,has not & will not be mocked.The poster is saying the truth and does not in any way want to mock God. Our national problems had been made worse by religious brainwashing . Read each line of the post and you will understand that non of them is a joke but pure fact.
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Dansadaumallam(m): 1:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
yommy2sure: This same nigerian god condemns alcohol and smoking yet his servants/children that seek employment apply to where these stuffs are made (guiness, nig breweries, batc) and still pray to Him for favours to get the job. So hypocritical!

you are wrong.At no time did the books mention alchohl as forbidden, nigerians oversabi made them to assume so. Moh,d shack and jesus too even timothy.
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
apocalypse:

Okay , from your initial post God isn't interested in how we live our lives or actions we take ? so let me ask , what is God interested in ?
Thank you for that question. You may not appreciate the points i am trying to make until you understand the plural nature of God. We must first admit the fact that God is a legion of Spirits, or higher intelligences or mighty beings out there who "made" or "created" us in their image. For what reason did they "create" us ? Did they create money ? Did the create our way of life ? I will say no, we created money, and we created our way of lives. can we go further ?

1 Like

Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
mu2sa2: Boko haram ar not the only culprits. As a Christian u sure know "men of God" who do nothing on Sundays except money collection in d "house of God". No wonder the Oga pata-pata of them has amassed stupendous fortune for himself and can arrogantly label poor girls as witches & launch violence on them with satanic boasts.
wel i did nt say they were d only culprits i just gave an example. And nobody compelled u to go to church, u can choose to stay at home or neva go to church since u think that ur offering and tithe wil make them richer and u poorer.
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Dansadaumallam(m): 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire: Depends on what you think God is.....if you ask me. God isnt "interested" in how you live or actions you take. "They" have better things to do than monitor how you survive in "their" creation.

God don't care about whatever humans do bc if he does why will he be silent when our national money is being spent by elected leaders like its nnothing,why will He watch my lecturers downgrade me even when i teach them from my internet experience,why will God not stop crime ab initio,why will he be watching while the nation is disinergating o fast,why will he allow contracts to be inflated to 500% still with lot of paises to him?
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2012
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by LordBabs(m): 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
tchaik:

SOMETHING SHAA EXISTS; CALL HIM ALLAH, GOD, YAHWEH, BUDHA, AMADIOHA, OLUWA, NATURE, DIVINE INTELLIGENCE, ULTIMATE BEING, COSMIC ETC (SORRY IF I FORGOT TO MENTION YOUR OWN)

I DON'T CARE D NOMENCLETURE ONE USES, SOMETHING IS THERE, IT WORKS, AND ITS REAL!

ND: FEEL FREE TO QUOTE ME
poverty of the mind. . .shio!
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
Dansadaumallam:

God don't care about whatever humans do bc if he does why will he be silent when our national money is being spent by elected leaders like its nnothing,why will He watch my lecturers downgrade me even when i teach them from my internet experience,why will God not stop crime ab initio,why will he be watching while the nation is disinergating o fast,why will he allow contracts to be inflated to 500% still with lot of paises to him?
There are universal laws and we also have man-made laws. God set his natural cosmic laws in motion and we cant alter the course of nature. But humans also set their own laws in motion and God will not interfere with them. Example, God created Indian hemps and coca leaves used in making cocaine, but man-made laws states "Kill or imprison" anyone caught trading or using these natural creation. Reason with me; Is God upset when you smoke hemp or sniff cocaine ? Hell No!!!, this is man-made law and God wont interfere. Will man get away from the Karmic laws or gravity, Hell No!!!. So your quest for money, your ways of life, your dealings with fellow humans are your business. God Doesnt Care about it. God has their business and they mind it. You must learn to wade through the different laws that govern existence.

1 Like

Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
apocalypse:

Okay we go on but remember everything you say can and will be used against you
There are universal laws and we also have man-made laws. God set their natural cosmic laws in motion and we cant alter the course of nature. But humans also set their own laws in motion and God will not interfere with them. Example, God created Indian hemps and coca leaves used in making cocaine, but man-made laws states "Kill or imprison" anyone caught trading or using these natural creation. Reason with me; Is God upset when you smoke hemp or sniff cocaine ? Hell No!!!, this is man-made law and God wont interfere. Will man get away from the Karmic laws or gravity, Hell No!!!. So your quest for money, your ways of life, your dealings with fellow humans are your business. God Doesnt Care about it. God has their business and they mind it. You must learn to wade through the different laws that govern existence.
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by dekung(m): 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2012
Dhelake: hez less talked about
No he is still the same Nigerian God just another variant
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Revolva(m): 2:27pm On Jul 28, 2012
Its just like asking a made nigerian ol boy how you take buy your range rover - d first answer na God oo
And when you ask dem for money dem go say money no dey poket
Well this nigerian god I beg if na so make I hammer and make money no dey dey my poket oo

E go better for us all
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
Revolva: Its just like asking a made nigerian ol boy how you take buy your range rover - d first answer na God oo
And when you ask dem for money dem go say money no dey poket
Well this nigerian god I beg if na so make I hammer and make money no dey dey my poket oo

E go better for us all
Yea, just make money. Dont let your kids in future ask you. Daddy, where were you when Dangote was making money ?
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by MMM2(m): 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
God have mercy on some people
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by dekung(m): 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire:
There are universal laws and we also have man-made laws. God set their natural cosmic laws in motion and we cant alter the course of nature. But humans also set their own laws in motion and God will not interfere with them. Example, God created Indian hemps and coca leaves used in making cocaine, but man-made laws states "Kill or imprison" anyone caught trading or using these natural creation. Reason with me; Is God upset when you smoke hemp or sniff cocaine ? Hell No!!!, this is man-made law and God wont interfere. Will man get away from the Karmic laws or gravity, Hell No!!!. So your quest for money, your ways of life, your dealings with fellow humans are your business. God Doesnt Care about it. God has their business and they mind it. You must learn to wade through the different laws that govern existence.
SECONDED, EVEN THIRDED and FOUTHED. You have just defined what relationship Exists between God, cosmic laws and humans

2 Likes

Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by DExplorer1: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
1) You got caught in another man's bedroom, your excuse was "god knows it just my first time" the Nigerian god.
2) You're a yahoo boy @ 17 and all you do is sit all day with a computer praying that one 'maga' should pay..the Nigerian god
3) Okada man splashed muddy water on you and you scream "chei, god punish u" the Nigerian god
4) You sell casket and each morning you pray to god for massive sales..the Nigerian god
5) Someone lost his phone, you saw it, pick it and say "thank god" the Nigerian god. LOL

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know

3 Likes

Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Pa22(m): 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
akpu nku:

bros fredoo made it clear it wasnt his piece, he even added d link to the post so why the hate?
Problem with a biased, inattentive mind. He should try reading with intent, & be total.
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by bukatyne(f): 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
musKeeto: Worshippers of the Nigerian God will threaten Seun and other Nlanders for posting this truth..
hi, u didn't get d jist of d post; d author is mockin the way christians and muslims worship God in hypocrisy and not that this is wat God really wants.
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by bukatyne(f): 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
chucky234: This Nigerian has taken over every aspect of lives,with so many of his agents springing up everyday and everywhere he is going to rule our sense of reasoning and way of life for a very long time if not forever.
You robb an innocent woman of her hard earned money then buy a house,car and people ask you how come you say its God ooo
As banker you deduct certain amount from people's account daily then buy an expensive gifts for your wife,she ask darling where did you get all this from, as usual its God
The Nigeria god will never see anything wrong in everything,hmmmm pathetic god I must say
dear, God CAN'T be pathetic; it's those that worship Him in hypocrisy that are! He has set His standards and it is left for us to follow. On the last day, we would know who is truly a christian or not so work out ur own salvation and be right wit God, it's a personal race.

1 Like

Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by abysirius(m): 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
fredoooooo:

can you imagine what our religion belief has turned to , its all about success .... great job by the writer
My broda, the write up make sense make I no lie. Good thinking...
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by DExplorer1: 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
bukatyne: dear, God CAN'T be pathetic; it's those that worship Him in hypocrisy that are! He has set His standards and it is left for us to follow. On the last day, we would know who is truly a christian or not so work out ur own salvation and be right wit God, it's a personal race.

Don't be too defensive lass. Can you differentiate between God and god? If you can, then you'll admit that your comment isn't neccessary.

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
Sarcasm at its best
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by lordZOUGA(m): 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire: Depends on what you think God is.....if you ask me. God isnt "interested" in how you live or actions you take. "They" have better things to do than monitor how you survive in "their" creation.
a round of applause for this guy. What they say about God is just not right... The most annoying thing is that christianity didn't even start in Nigeria!! Yet we Nigerians has the whole doctrine on our head and made it some kind of lifeline.
To those who say that God is everything to them, how exactly do you survive?
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by ogbonoeba: 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by lordZOUGA(m): 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
bukatyne: dear, God CAN'T be pathetic; it's those that worship Him in hypocrisy that are! He has set His standards and it is left for us to follow. On the last day, we would know who is truly a christian or not so work out ur own salvation and be right wit God, it's a personal race.
what the heck do you know about God?? And please do not tell me "the bible says.." because that's God too..
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by NosaHenry(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2012
Very creative and thought provoking article. Nigerians generally believe that they have God in their hands and can manipulate him according to their wilm and caprices. This is why even armed robbers appeal to god to have a good day as they go out to rob.

1 Like

Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by ifedun2: 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
Very hilarious and very true about Nigerians.They always take religion to the extreme.
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Burrito(f): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
I think its human nature to want to put God into a mold defined by our circumstances, upbringing, culture, personalities.

Because so many Nigerians are poor or at least surrounded by poverty, God becomes mostly about making us rich. Because our culture is deeply rooted in occult practices, we attribute everything to spiritual influences and we rain fire and brimstone on our enemies. Because we are generally a loud people, we scream also when we talk to God. etc etc etc etc.

It's ridiculous, it's very unfortunate, but that's just the way it is.

1 Like

Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by Rick9(m): 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2012
True words
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by spothot: 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
This write up really calls for sober reflection
Re: How To Worship The Nigerian God by crackhouse(m): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2012
After sleeping with ur boyfriend in the night and the next morning he bought u a blackberry phone then ur friend ask u how did u get the Blackberry? And u will say na God oo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christians Protest In Benue Over The Killings Of Benue People By Fulani Herdsmen / Pope Appoints Fortunatus Nwachukwu As Permanent Observer At United Nations / Maurice Ampaw: Screaming God's Name During Sex Will Grant You Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.