Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa (53977 Views)

Children Playing At The Premises Of Onitsha Mall / ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official / Onitsha The Largest Business City In Afica! How True Is This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:21pm On Jul 27, 2012
Too many Okada riders in this city, its to be expected since there is a lot of shuttling to many destinations every minute by traders and customers alike. Wonder if they can ban okada here like most other eastern cities.

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by Dainfamous: 11:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
no doubt about that onitsha have the highest number of flats i ever seen

1 Like

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 11:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880: note the line up of blocks of flats, Onitsha has the highest number of blocks of flats in West, in short Africa! grin Aribisala0, you hear me grin

I agree with u. Onitsha likes tall buildings and accommodation is never a problem in that city cos it's cheap and affordable.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
ACM10:

Spyder, I officially declare u biased! So u developed transient blindness from Umunya axis to Ogbunike toll gate? Only for your sight to be suddenly restored at Nkpor. sad

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink bros cool down na, I was sleeping in the vehicle then grin
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2012
ngbe ufodu ife n' eme na upper iweka
mgbe ufodu oso n' agba na upper iweka

Di anyi, i na eme nkuja? grin

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
heading towards river NAIJA cheesy
Onitsha has the longest foot bridge in West Africa grin I know who will dispute the fact now cheesy

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 11:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880: Too many Okada riders in this city, its to be expected since there is a lot of shuttling to many destinations every minute by traders and customers alike. Wonder if they can ban okada here like most other eastern cities.

Impoosible! No one can ban okada in Onitsha or Anambra. The worst they could do is to restrict their movement. Remember that Nnewi people favours motorcycle as their means of transportation. So do many towns in Anambra. Any regime that tries to ban okada in Anambra should expect stubborn resistance. It just can't work
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by Dainfamous: 11:27pm On Jul 27, 2012
is it not the same igboland that experiences bombardment from Britain and Russia doing biafra war?people build up the whole region in no time IGBO KWENU una too much cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 11:28pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880:

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink bros cool down na, I was sleeping in the vehicle then grin

grin grin grin grin grin dis your sleep is too selective for my comfort grin

1 Like

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 11:28pm On Jul 27, 2012
Eze Promoe: Yea, they've started coming in their number. Ofe mmanu no. 1
Guy please check my antecedents.I do not like to abuse anyone but if you abuse me me you invite responses on you family including parents and children.I always respect everyone and restrict myself to ideas.Let us keep it like that.Biko grin
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:30pm On Jul 27, 2012
aribisala0:
Guy please check my antecedents.I do not like to abuse anyone but if you abuse me me you invite responses on you family including parents and children.I always respect everyone and restrict myself to ideas.Let us keep it like that.Biko grin

Everyone should relax, nobody should call names on anybody, we are all Nigerians and we love our western brothers. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:32pm On Jul 27, 2012
on the same road, notice that it was recently re laid. The road is super smooth now.

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2012
serious hold-ups

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:35pm On Jul 27, 2012
The longest bridge in West Africa grin
The tud mainland bridge grin

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:35pm On Jul 27, 2012
all we are saying
give us another bridge

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:37pm On Jul 27, 2012
The bridge

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:37pm On Jul 27, 2012
side

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 11:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880: all we are saying
give us another bridge

That bridge will collapse one day like Abakpa bridge before it attracts government attention. I hope there wont be any casualty
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
commercial activities on the river side

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880: all we are saying
give us another bridge
why not give yourselves a bridge ? How much can it cost really?
I agree it would be fair for the FG to do it but They have not so get on with it !!
Half the money Ibori stole should do the job

1 Like

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
more activities

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
aribisala0:
why not give yourselves a bridge ? How much can it cost really?
I agree it would be fair for the FG to do it but They have not so get on with it !!

No vexing bros, another bridge is needed at the lower axis to connect lower delta state and Imo state, and another niger bridge to connect Upper Delta to Nkwere Izunaka
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
Another view of the bridge.

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
where is this? The airport in Delta state. A good place to make an international airport, many cargo planes will be landing here to supply and evacuate goods from Onitsha.

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 11:45pm On Jul 27, 2012
I agree .if we do the right thing we should be a great nation.Certainly there should be facility to land containers at Onicha

1 Like

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880: where is this?

That should be across the bridge as u are approaching Asaba. Pls I'm not totally sure
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
A factory in Delta state.

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
aribisala0: I agree .if we do the right thing we should be a great nation.Certainly there should be facility to land containers at Onicha

Thank you my man, this country needs the cooperation of all and sundry, instead of us fighting ourselves, why dont we unite and fight our leaders who has sooooooo misled us. But if you criticize Peter Obi, he will say its because you are not Igbo, and if an Housa man criticize Fashola, Lagos citizens will draw out their swords to fight.

We need to unite.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880: where is this? The airport in Delta state. A good place to make an international airport, many cargo planes will be landing here to supply and evacuate goods from Onitsha.

Can u imagine? Uduaghan and his waffi crew are moving fast to exploit their proximity to Onitsha, while that woman wey tanda for Awka dey dull. Chei!
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
more of the Factory.

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
more

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 11:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880: A factory in Delta state.

One funny thing about Onitsha is that it is fast expanding into Asaba. Don't be surprised that the owner of that factory might be Anambra man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Crowd I Saw At The Onitsha Mall - Pictures / Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria / CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.