Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

The Only True Nation Under God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Only True Nation Under God (798 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: / Nigeria: One Nation Under God? / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Only True Nation Under God by Fr0sbel: 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
The only true nation under God is that group of people, which I have been describing, who are followers of Jesus Christ, the one who was sent by the Father to redeem our wicked souls. Jew and Gentile alike are part of this one nation under God which is described below:

“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.” (1 Peter 2:9-10)

The gospel message has not changed one drop since the time of Jesus Christ, and that message is exactly the same for the Jewish person as it is for the Gentile person. The Bible tells us that there is a spiritual veil that remains upon the mind of a person (Jew or Gentile) which will not be removed UNTIL they turn to the Lord. The verse below is speaking about the Jewish person who reads their Torah but fails to recognize the Lord Jesus as their Messiah:

“But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.” (2 Corinthians 3:14-16)

This spiritual veil that remains upon the mind of a person can only be removed when that individual, Jewish or Gentile, repents and believes the gospel of Jesus Christ. That is the message that Jesus told His followers to preach around the world, starting at Jerusalem, after He rose from the dead. (Luke 24:47). That message has never changed and it will not be altered for anyone. Paul the Jewish follower of Jesus the Christ (Messiah) said this:

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16)

Do you see that? The gospel is the power of God unto salvation for both Jew and Gentile. It is the same gospel for all! The apostle Paul was arrested and put in chains for preaching the hope of Israel, who is Jesus Christ. (Acts 28:20) The apostle Paul preached the grace of God and he preached the kingdom of God, which is the very same thing. Do not be fooled by those who twist the scriptures and try to tell you that they mean different things. Listen to Paul here:

“But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.” (Acts 20:24-25)

In the space of just two verses Paul declared that he testified the “gospel of the grace of God” and also that he had gone “preaching the kingdom of God”. Paul was preaching his heart out wherever he went, and he was constantly under the threat of death from the Jewish people who refused to believe that Jesus Christ was the Messiah.

Who Are God’s Chosen People?

Who are God’s chosen people? They are simply those who have put their faith in Jesus Christ, and that includes both Jew and Gentile.

“For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” (Galatians 3:26-29)

Please do not miss what is being said here. Who are the children of God according to this passage of scripture? The answer is those who have faith in Christ (Messiah) Jesus. Does it make a difference whether a person is a Jew or Greek (Gentile)? Male or Female? No. The scriptures tell us that if a person belongs to Christ then they are Abrahams seed, which basically means that they are the true spiritual descendants of Abraham.

http://soulrefuge.org/
Re: The Only True Nation Under God by ijawkid(m): 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
Fr0sbel: The only true nation under God is that group of people, which I have been describing, who are followers of Jesus Christ, the one who was sent by the Father to redeem our wicked souls. Jew and Gentile alike are part of this one nation under God which is described below:

“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.” (1 Peter 2:9-10)

The gospel message has not changed one drop since the time of Jesus Christ, and that message is exactly the same for the Jewish person as it is for the Gentile person. The Bible tells us that there is a spiritual veil that remains upon the mind of a person (Jew or Gentile) which will not be removed UNTIL they turn to the Lord. The verse below is speaking about the Jewish person who reads their Torah but fails to recognize the Lord Jesus as their Messiah:

“But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.” (2 Corinthians 3:14-16)

This spiritual veil that remains upon the mind of a person can only be removed when that individual, Jewish or Gentile, repents and believes the gospel of Jesus Christ. That is the message that Jesus told His followers to preach around the world, starting at Jerusalem, after He rose from the dead. (Luke 24:47). That message has never changed and it will not be altered for anyone. Paul the Jewish follower of Jesus the Christ (Messiah) said this:

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16)

Do you see that? The gospel is the power of God unto salvation for both Jew and Gentile. It is the same gospel for all! The apostle Paul was arrested and put in chains for preaching the hope of Israel, who is Jesus Christ. (Acts 28:20) The apostle Paul preached the grace of God and he preached the kingdom of God, which is the very same thing. Do not be fooled by those who twist the scriptures and try to tell you that they mean different things. Listen to Paul here:

“But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.” (Acts 20:24-25)

In the space of just two verses Paul declared that he testified the “gospel of the grace of God” and also that he had gone “preaching the kingdom of God”. Paul was preaching his heart out wherever he went, and he was constantly under the threat of death from the Jewish people who refused to believe that Jesus Christ was the Messiah.

Who Are God’s Chosen People?

Who are God’s chosen people? They are simply those who have put their faith in Jesus Christ, and that includes both Jew and Gentile.

“For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” (Galatians 3:26-29)

Please do not miss what is being said here. Who are the children of God according to this passage of scripture? The answer is those who have faith in Christ (Messiah) Jesus. Does it make a difference whether a person is a Jew or Greek (Gentile)? Male or Female? No. The scriptures tell us that if a person belongs to Christ then they are Abrahams seed, which basically means that they are the true spiritual descendants of Abraham.

http://soulrefuge.org/

ur correct bro....

followers of Gods son are the 1 true nation not any physical nation as it was with the physicAL JEWS in the past....

(1) (Reply)

When Christianity Becomes A Religion / Do You Think Our Churches Should Be Taxed / Muslim Cleric Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.