Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures (37130 Views)

Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics / 2012 Olympics: Regina George Readmitted After Drugs Clearance / Count-down To London 2012 Olympics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by SmoothCrim: 4:18am On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

awwww now I feel bad. RIP.

Was it a last minute change? smiley

Yeah!!!
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by coolzeal(m): 4:18am On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Lol I want to see team USA. . . . LOL You'd think USA is a black country lipsrsealed

haha USA is a black country lol and you did be surprise when they start playing basketball
and other track and field event lol.. every nation has got a black person YEAH!!!
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by Nobody: 4:20am On Jul 28, 2012
coolzeal:

haha USA is black country lol and you did be surprise when they start playing basketball
and other track and field event lol.. every nation has got a black person YEAH!!!

I noticed that too lol.
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by SmoothCrim: 4:21am On Jul 28, 2012
Lets be honest, East Africa will get 80 percent of the African medals. West African countries could dominate the Olympics if investment was done properly but, in all likelihood all of West Africa together will get less Medals than Kenya grin grin grin grin grin. In the end Kenya and Ethiopia will be coming home with most of the medals in Africa!!
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by Nobody: 4:24am On Jul 28, 2012
London showed us how easy it is to make a big event so boring.

SmoothCrim: Lets be honest, East Africa will get 80 percent of the African medals. West African countries could dominate the Olympics if investment was done properly. In the end Kenya and Ethiopia will be coming home with most of the medals in Africa!!

What kind of proper investment? undecided
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by SisiKill1: 4:26am On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
^^^ Are your people going to church ni?

Oh yea, we forgot Ghana lol. Sorry.

Whose that annoying mosquito talking over the video?

Bwahahahahahaha!! You sooooo bad!!! cheesy cheesy

The Queen looks like she wishes she was snugly tucked in bed doing the cross words.
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by Ramcie(f): 4:29am On Jul 28, 2012
From these pix I saw so far am over impressed. Abeg lets give kudos to them . 9ja no go fit do this even in 2099. grin was carried away by the natural scenes
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by SmoothCrim: 4:33am On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
London showed us how easy it is to make a big event so boring.

What kind of proper investment? undecided

World class facilities, top class coaching etc etc.
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 28, 2012
SmoothCrim:

World class facilities, top class coaching etc etc.

True!

Ramcie: From these pix I saw so far am over impressed. Abeg lets give kudos to them . 9ja no go fit do this even in 2099. grin was carried away by the natural scenes

If not for PHCN, I trust NIgeria to do better . . . farrrr better. YOU know how Nigeria never wants to disappoint when it comes to stuff like that. We have soooo much beautiful culture to show the world. So many. When it comes to cultural display, I trust Nigeria.
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by SisiKill1: 4:39am On Jul 28, 2012
More for the Conspiracy Theorists, something to get you going.

London Zion 2012

The 2012 Olympics is officially the Bleep Olympiad

Let's take a look back in history.

X Olympiad - The Los Angeles (The Angels) Summer Olympics of 1932

The 1932 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the X Olympiad, were celebrated in 1932 in Los Angeles, California, United States. No other cities made a bid to host these Olympics. Held during the worldwide Great Depression, many nations and athletes were unable to pay for the trip to Los Angeles. Fewer than half the number of participants from the 1928 Summer Olympics in Amsterdam competed in 1932.

XX Olympiad - The Munich Summer Olympics of 1972
The 1972 Munich Olympics were host to the first 'official' global terrorist attack, in which 11 Israelis were killed by Black September (the 9th month - 9/11), a group with ties to Yasser

What does all of this mean?

As you can see, the X and XX Olympiads both witnessed remarkable world events, unrivalled by any other Olympic Games.

The 1932 games were held in the midst of the worldwide 'Great Depression', whilst the 1972 games gave a stage for the world's first dose of 'global terror'.

Does it seem so unrealistic, that the [b]Bleep Olympiad [/b]may have a surprise in store?

Read More Here

Hey what's an International Event without a few conspiracies sprinkled on it? cheesy
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 28, 2012
SmoothCrim: Lets be honest, East Africa will get 80 percent of the African medals. West African countries could dominate the Olympics if investment was done properly but, in all likelihood all of West Africa together will get less Medals than Kenya grin grin grin grin grin. In the end Kenya and Ethiopia will be coming home with most of the medals in Africa!!

Kenyans are just naturally good at long distance races, it has nothing to do with investments..

Invest from now till eternity, you still won't win against those Jamaicans and Yankz..

You need their undetectable steroids supplier.. grin

If you think those sprinters are 100% clean, you must definitely be from another planet. grin
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by Nobody: 4:44am On Jul 28, 2012
Ben Johnson with all his steroids rage couldn't run the 100m at sub 9.70, but Usain Bolt did it at 9.58.. shocked
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by SisiKill1: 4:46am On Jul 28, 2012
Seriously though, there is a ritualistic element to this Olympic thingy. . . especially the lighting of the Cauldron.

Awww, the best part of the show - THE END!!!!!! cheesy
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by buzugee(m): 4:47am On Jul 28, 2012
the ceremony still going on ?? didnt it start at like 8 pm british time ? its like 5 am now. 7 hour ceremony ?
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by SisiKill1: 4:48am On Jul 28, 2012
Hey Jude. . .their most popular song! cheesy
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by SisiKill1: 4:49am On Jul 28, 2012
buzugee: the ceremony still going on ?? didnt it start at like 8 pm british time ? its like 5 am now. 7 hour ceremony ?

Hahahaha. . .it was delayed for North Americans.

It started at 6:30 here.
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by Nobody: 4:49am On Jul 28, 2012
Naija needs a gold medal!

Hearing our national anthem at the olympics would be lovely..
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by buzugee(m): 4:51am On Jul 28, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Hahahaha. . .it was delayed for North Americans.

It started at 6:30 here.
ahhhhhh ok so those still watching it are north americans. gotcha. thanks a bunches. wink
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by bashr8: 4:53am On Jul 28, 2012
SmoothCrim: Ghana: The finest of all in West Africa!!!!!! grin grin grin grin Glorious Ghana!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdM-9aYRhDU

Ghana then Grenada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iMuFKFLmBo

nobody wants to see your sorry ass with dry dress code here, just sit and watch how we do it grin
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by Nobody: 4:53am On Jul 28, 2012
Brazil in 2016 - overly sexy mulheres + samba = heavenly feeling. grin
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by bashr8: 5:01am On Jul 28, 2012
shymmex: Brazil in 2016 - overly sexy mulheres + samba = heavenly feeling. grin
i will be married by then and i dont want to cheat on my wife embarassed embarassed
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by na2day(m): 5:03am On Jul 28, 2012
Just wondering,
Does Syria have a contingent in this game?
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by SisiKill1: 5:06am On Jul 28, 2012
na2day!:
Just wondering,
Does Syria have a contingent in this game?

SYRIA
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by Nobody: 5:06am On Jul 28, 2012
bashr8: i will be married by then and i dont want to cheat on my wife embarassed embarassed

You can always tell her it was a mistake.. sad

As for me, I'm gonna be in Brazil dancing to samba with them sexy arse mulheres.. grin
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by na2day(m): 5:10am On Jul 28, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

SYRIA

Syria? How manage? With their pariah status?
Are they Pro Assad or Free Syrian Army (FSA) ?
Anyway, just kidding! grin
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by pleep(m): 5:10am On Jul 28, 2012
Whats a mulheres? i was dissapointed by the chicks on brazilian team, the way ppl talk i was expecting much more. They didnt look exotic enough, not many afro-brazilaians. undecided
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by SmoothCrim: 5:17am On Jul 28, 2012
bashr8: nobody wants to see your sorry ass with dry dress code here, just sit and watch how we do it grin

And nobody wanted to see your sorry ass face grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by SmoothCrim: 5:18am On Jul 28, 2012
shymmex:

Kenyan are just naturally good at long distance race, it has nothing to do with investments..

Investment from now till eternity, you still won't win against those Jamaicans and Yankz..

You need their undetectable steroids supplier.. grin

If you think those sprinters are 100% clean, you must definitely be from another planet. grin

That is a losers mentality!!!

Netherlands a country of 11 million will win more medals than Nigeria a country of 170 million!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

How do you easily explain the gap?? Investment in athletes from childhood to adulthood. Having talent alone is not enough, you need investment to reach your potential...

1 Like

Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 28, 2012
pleep: Whats a mulheres? i was dissapointed by the chicks on brazilian team, the way ppl talk i was expecting much more. They didnt look exotic enough, not many afro-brazilaians. undecided

mulheres = women
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 28, 2012
SmoothCrim:

That is a losers mentality!!!

Netherlands a country of 11 million will win more medals than Nigeria a country of 170 million!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

How do you easily explain the gap?? Investment in athletes from childhood to adulthood. Having talent alone is not enough, you need investment to reach your potential...

We don't compete in the same sports - check the sports black people have a higher chance of winning, and see why we can't really compete with the best countries in those sports.

Boxing = Cuba, USA, and Eastern Europeans Countries...

Athletics = Jamaicans, Kenyans, Ethiopians, And USA..

I'm too tired to type anything sensible right now, and I hope what I typed would give you an insight into what I'm talking about.
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by SmoothCrim: 5:35am On Jul 28, 2012
shymmex:

We don't compete in the same sports - check the sports black people have a higher chance of winning, and see why we can't really compete with the best countries in those sports.

Boxing = Cuba, USA, and Eastern Europeans Countries...

Athletics = Jamaicans, Kenyans, Ethiopians, And USA..

I'm too tired to type anything sensible right now, and I hope what I typed would give you an insight into what I'm talking about.

Nigeria has more black people than all of these countries combined! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin If the administrators in Nigeria think like you it is no wonder shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lastly the idea that black people are limited to certain sports is absurd grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 28, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Transfer - Marseille Break Silence On Signing Ronaldo From Man United / Richard Alison And Cork City: Twitter Helps Footballer Get Free Trial With Club / Man 'Fights' Chichi Igbo At Abuja Club Over Dance With His Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.