Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,012 members, 7,852,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:18 PM

Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics (19302 Views)

Liverpool Ladies Accept Arsenal Bid For Asisat Oshoala. / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
Kenya and south Africa already have their eyes on it
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Irunmole(m): 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
ROSSIKE:

The real question is how did a dunce like you gain internet access to display your illiteracy and dumbness here?

Mature sensible minds have answered your juvenile post and thick skull reasoning. The calibre of your post is a sad reflection of how child-like your way of thinking is. Finito.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by gst101: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2012
all of you doubting our abilities are only deluded. Nigeria as we stand now can afford the olympics. Or budget ever year is about 30bn dollar and we fund it without foreign aid.

Nigeria needs to host the olympic games. This is becos, the much needed infrastructure will be put in place. Not even the politicians would want the country's name to be draged in the mud. Third world countries never get serious about anything until that which they call national dignity is at stake

1 Like

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by gbomojomo(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
afam4eva: I don't think Nigeria can host the olympics in the next hundred years. We might be lucky to get the under 17 olympics(if there's anything like that).

we miss Abiola. His money alone can host Olympics for Nigeria
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2012
Eko atlantic city

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Irunmole(m): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
ooseven: There's no need for 'plenty' grammar. We can't do it in the next 28years except actions are being taken today to address our unity, security, efficiency, patriotism, mentality....plus all the other '-ities' and '-isms'. Till then pass me the.........and lets be realistic. Lets start small, build a world class golf course (Nigerian Open) or organize a world class tennis championship....you get my drift. We never learn how to ride keke Napep, una dey talk of flying Helicopter.

Thank you. Abeg tell those unrealistic dreamers.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by brownlord: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
ROSSIKE:
YOUR POST SHOWS YOU'RE IGNORANT. By 2028 Nigeria is projected to have a GDP surpassing $1.5 Trillion - ie three times her current $500 billion GDP.

There's no real reason she cannot host an Olympics in 2028 if she sets her mind to it. She'll be by far Africa's largest economy at current GDP growth rates. And please spare us talk of the Olympics 'sophistication'. There's nothing special about hosting an Olympics in so far as you have a decent stadium, good transport and good hotels, and that's most definitely something Nigeria can provide in a place like Eko Atlantic by 2028. The London Olympics are nothing special. The athlete's village in Stratford is nothing much to write home about. Just like a big dormitory. London hotels on the whole are not even that great. Many have serious shortcomings bordering on mediocrity. Stop overhyping.

when i started reading your post i almost concluded you are sensible even thou i know you where going to fool yourself along the line, so with good road hotel and good stadium you can gather the world abi? am sure you saw Mrs Obama at the opening ceremony there yesterday, so you mean she and other dignitary's world wide including the Queem would have been there if they where bombing everywhere right? so security is not part of the required before hosting such an event, and if i may ask, where is the stadium you talking about, Lagos or Abuja, when only the money using in building abuja stadium is far more than what is used to build a standard stadia in a civilize society that is free of corruption, go and bring out ur dirty close and start washing since you are too daft to engage in this kind of discusiion
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by brownlord: 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire: You are so wrong. Nigeria is very organized, the politicians are the ones giving us a bad name. We hosted many international events in the past, and we have the man-power. Take the politicians out of the equation, Nigeria is one great country. I cant trade my Citizenship of Nigeria for anything in the world, not even Citizenship of USA can move me.

are you not foolish, if Nigeria is very organize and the politians are the once giving us bad name, then how are you making sense here, who are the once piloting the affairs of the nation, the common man in the street?, when determining if they country would want to venture into such a project, is it the common man in the street, would the olympics committe even be that foolish knowing how currupt and unserious Nigerians politicians are, dare to risk millions of innocent life to this jungle, why cant we accept that this country is not making any head way, when you want to determine if the country is stable or not, you dont use yourself who was probably fortunate or ur father stole money in time past to make u comfortable or you have relatives that traveled oversea to make a living before coming here to settle, please think of the common man in street, how many Nigerians can even engage in such a discussion that you and i have been opportune to if i may ask, do you know how many Nigerians are computer illitrate, never touched a computer before, never sleep with electricity, there are still people that have not thirsted bore hole water, what is wrong with you, that you are fortunate does that guarantee millions of Nigerians out there are okay? please just keep quiet if you dont know what to say

2 Likes

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by brownlord: 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire: Sometimes I wonder where you guys live in Nigeria, most times I am tempted to believe people like this are either living in the core North or life was too hard for them that they fled abroad. Things are not so bad in Nigeria for those who are skilled or certified educ-ale. Nigeria can host the Olympics, we have the resources and the man-power. I keep repeating this, we suck in politics but we are blessed in every other aspects.

How many are lucky to have this education my friend, do you judge with the few people that are just fortunate, wht abt millions out there on the street? we have the man power, yes the resources yes, so why cant we?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by FILEBE(m): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
brownlord:

are you not foolish, if Nigeria is very organize and the politians are the once giving us bad name, then how are you making sense here, who are the once piloting the affairs of the nation, the common man in the street?, when determining if they country would want to venture into such a project, is it the common man in the street, would the olympics committe even be that foolish knowing how currupt and unserious Nigerians politicians are, dare to risk millions of innocent life to this jungle, why cant we accept that this country is not making any head way, when you want to determine if the country is stable or not, you dont use yourself who was probably fortunate or ur father stole money in time past to make u comfortable or you have relatives that traveled oversea to make a living before coming here to settle, please think of the common man in street, how many Nigerians can even engage in such a discussion that you and i have been opportune to if i may ask, do you know how many Nigerians are computer illitrate, never touched a computer before, never sleep with electricity, there are still people that have not thirsted bore hole water, what is wrong with you, that you are fortunate does that guarantee millions of Nigerians out there are okay? please just keep quiet if you dont know what to say
na wa o. Cant you drive in a point without insults?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by alaoeri: 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
@op nigeria can't host it not even sure if eko atlantic city 'll be completed by then.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by MAITEMA(m): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
lol! Dream on Dreamer. A city we have not even seen.

The bitter truth is that Nigeria or any other African country (save for maybe South Africa or Egypt) cannot host the Olympics in our generation.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by PaulJohn1: 9:05pm On Jul 28, 2012
kael: Can't we just be patriotic and dream for once
Imagine this (staduim voice) " LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WELCOME TO THE THIRTY FIFTH OLYMPIAD OF THE MORDERN ERA, LAGOS 2028"[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]

I like your spirit
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by juman(m): 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
Olympic ko. Probably never as nigeria.

Probably never, a countryless country.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by 2fine2fast(m): 9:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
U guys gat joke ;Ds grin
Laffn
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by chucky234(m): 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
Laughing in vanacular
Olympics is a tall dream that will never happen in Nigeria in the next 100 years,we should continue with hosting the All Africa Games because the world will never trust Nigeria to send their citizens down to Nigeria for a seventy days event.
Nigeria requires $400bn to host the Olympics as we would need to build a world class game village, let's not waste our time on something we know will never happen.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by jude33084(m): 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
ola_pluto: The boys from ABUJA will feed fat! I estimate a budget of 100 Trillion Dollars! And they will ask for more! For now, corruption will not let us honestly host any games. Nigerians are not ready for such big stuff.

And YET we are hosting African first ladies with our Oil money sad
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by chucky234(m): 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
gbomo jomo:

we miss Abiola. His money alone can host Olympics for Nigeria
The biggest fool of the day,how much do you think Abiola was worth before his death? Do you know what it takes to host the Olympics,clueless retarded deluded moronic goon
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Sciencs(m): 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
@ ooseven..'i nid sum of doz stuff u r smokin'

Dt was soooo hilarious....tnx 4sayin sumtin dt gt me laugh out disturbingly b4 goin 2bed.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by ogele: 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
They might consider Nigeria to host the Para-Olympic games...but as for the main Olympic games no way!
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by emekson(m): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
nah beanz!
what a sucidal,
i laugh in gbaramatu...
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by babyboy3(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
I could remember Nigeria trying to pull out of hosting the 2009 under 17 world at last minute with Sepp Blatter saying we shouldnt that he would provide the support, after that I dont think Nigeria would be offered the chance to host a Nations cup agin, I could remember Abuja loosing out to Edinburgh of all places for the right to host the 2014 Commonwealth games.... Eko or the city of Lagos bidding for the Olympic would be going up against some of those who lost out in the last 2 or 3 olympics bids like New York, Madrid, Istanbul, Tokyo, Amstadam etc and they would be trying again, do you honestly believe an IOC member would choose Lagos over New York or Paris. And a 3rd of the London budget came from Sponsorships Like Macdonalds, Budweiser, Adidas, Lloyd's Bank etc. the we talk about infrastructure an olympic village that would accommodate over 10000 athletes would be built from scratch within 6 or 7 years a new 90 to 100k stadium, Cycle Velodrom, so many arenas and unless they are going to build another airport near the village then forget it.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by faithin9ja: 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
FESTAC nko?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Librate(m): 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
Its possible as in very much POSSIBLE in my Dreams
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by brownlord: 11:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
FILEBE:
na wa o. Cant you drive in a point without insults?

My broder, no be my fault someone of our comment they irritate person now, is just like am telling you, i have a very good home, my house will be comfortable for you but my father is a bad man, yet am saying you can come to the house if you want to, does that make any sense
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by MMM2(m): 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
Op
I said NO angry
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
Eko atlantic city ko Eko pacific city ni. Nigeria[b] cannot[/b] host an olympic game even in a million years because our country is just too much of a screw up
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by searay(m): 12:09am On Jul 29, 2012
Will you all shaaaaaaaraaaaaap?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 12:14am On Jul 29, 2012
There's no harm in trying, if we put forward a content bid with clear developmental strategies we could get it.
The widow for the first African Olympics is between 2024 and 2032. Would we wait for south Africa to come and take if again
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by oobim(m): 12:16am On Jul 29, 2012
Dream on!We'v bn hearing about fixing d power sector for d past 12 yrs and absolutely nothing has changed.Nigeria is a failed nation and u beta accept it.We neva fit organise our footbal league,na to host several sporting events.fast and pray frm nw til then,it aint gona happen
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Excuse me but you sound stup!d. First where did you get your stats from? do you think Olympics is all about money? what of the absent infrastructure even in 50 years. I see no reason replying your post self. You are far from sense
Come on shut up your dirty mouth, dumb idi.ot with no brains. You don't know where I got my stats from yet you're saying I sound stu.pid? Why can't you research the stats I posted about Nigeria's projected GDP by 2028 of $1.5 trillion app or are you too lazy to research? Your mouth like ''absent infrastructure in 50 years''. I bet if you knew no better and someone had told you that Nigeria plans to host FIFA Under 17 and FIFA Under 20 World Cups, you would have stood up and shouted ''how can we do it with absent infrastructure for 100 years!!'' But guess what? We somehow found the ''infrastructure'' and organisational capacity to host those two events successfully over ten years ago by providing not just ONE stadium like London is doing, but up to 8 stadiums across the country that were accredited for the event, not to mention the logistics with hotels, transport etc. So don't come in here with your stupid ''can't do'' inferiority complex, cos we're having none of it. Save your ''cannot do'' complex for YOURSELF. Leave Nigerians out of it. WE know what we're capable of even if YOU don't.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 29, 2012
o.obim:
Dream on!We'v bn hearing about fixing d power sector for d past 12 yrs and absolutely nothing has changed.Nigeria is a failed nation and u beta accept it.We neva fit organise our footbal league,na to host several sporting events.fast and pray frm nw til then,it aint gona happen

You and your worthless family are failed. Leave Nigeria out of it. When Nigeria was hosting the FIFA Under 20 championships where were you and your failed family? Who called you to help? Who needs your opinion? Just bugger off and leave us to our country. Go form your own country somewhere, or better still emigrate to Somalia. We don't need your failed, worthless type in this country. Worthless assshole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title / My Little Contribution To The Supporters Club Of Bendel Insurance Fc / Aubameyang Makes History, Scores Hat-Tricks In EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga & LaLiga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.