Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Creating An Open-source Java Web Service - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Creating An Open-source Java Web Service (15299 Views)

Advise On Good Java Web Application Framework / [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) / Web Service Using Java Or C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Chimanet(m): 10:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
av tried the email functionality with gmail smtp server and it works just fine, so may you give me the email i forward the mails to, ok what are the fields you want in the contact form
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by xterra2(m): 10:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
What do you mean ? angry
Then use a php host, so I wasted my time for nothing angry angry
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
xterra2: What do you mean ? angry
Then use a php host, so I wasted my time for nothing angry angry
No man...the webservice is coded in java so thats why i cant use php...i really apologies for the inconvenience...please don't get offended...
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2012
@OP, are you really female?
I must say it's quite rare to see a girl that's really into this stuff like this.
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Chimanet(m): 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2012
how do you want the contactform? is it a self submiting jsp page? or u want me to submit from jsp form to a servlet and forward back to the jsp form to indicate the status of the form submission?
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chimanet: av tried the email functionality with gmail smtp server and it works just fine, so may you give me the email i forward the mails to, ok what are the fields you want in the contact form
The fields are email address of sendet, topic, body of message...when you are done upload the project folder @ souceforge with the link in the first page...i appreciate your contribution...grin
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by xterra2(m): 10:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
Javanian:
No man...the webservice is coded in java so thats why i cant use php...i really aplogise for the inconvenience...please dont get offended...

so u cant use another web serive ?
and this new site is gooooood with no compatibility problem
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chimanet: how do you want the contactform? is it a self submiting jsp page? or u want me to submit from jsp form to a servlet and forward back to the jsp form to indicate the status of the form submission?
This would be better grin
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
xterra2:

But this guy why you dey form vex? You no see say na Java web service dem they do?
PHP and Java na 2 different worlds and environments.
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
xterra2:

That wolud require starting from begining and am sure you wont like that grin
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2012
2buff: @OP, are you really female?
I must say it's quite rare to see a girl that's really into this stuff like this.
Thanks man...do you want to join us?
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2012
Javanian:

See as you no even answer di question
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Chimanet(m): 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2012
@Javanian whats your email address? so that i will direct the mails to you
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2012
2buff:

See as you no even answer di question
sorry it was an over-sight...i'm a female...grin
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chimanet: @Javanian whats your email address? so that i will direct the mails to you
just use any email i'll edit it later
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by xterra2(m): 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2012
Javanian:
That wolud require starting from begining and am sure you wont like that grin
starting what from beginning ?
you said you were waiting for my front end to continue
so you wont use my contact.php but u'll see the remaining site ?
let me know so i can upload the new site, so if you were doing based on it you'll have to re-do it
am done with it
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Chimanet(m): 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
Javanian:
just use any email i'll edit it later
i will get back to you 2mrow evening cos what am using is a nite plan
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
Javanian:

Nah I got tons of personal projects already that I'm trying to finish (including a Unity3D mobile game) so I no go fit. cheesy

I can't say I understand the purpose of this project either.

EDIT: ah I think I understand what it's about. I wish you all the best with it. smiley
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
xterra2:
starting what from beginning ?
you said you were waiting for my front end to continue
so you wont use my contact.php but u'll see the remaining site ?
let me know so i can upload the new site, so if you were doing based on it you'll have to re-do it
am done with it
Please upload it...
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 11:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chimanet: i will get back to you 2mrow evening cos what am using is a nite plan
No probs...i'll be waiting...
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by xterra2(m): 11:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
everybody the website is at

xte2[dot]my3gb[dot]com

This girl, since you dont like answering questions
thats it from my side right?
you'll do your work based on this right
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 11:50pm On Aug 03, 2012
xterra2: everybody the website is at

xte2[dot]my3gb[dot]com

This girl, since you dont like answering questions
thats it from my side right?
you'll do your work based on this right
Yes man...this is what i'll work with you've done a good joob...sorry if i didnt answer all your questions...Am on mobile...it isnt easy typing

what do you think guys http://www.xte2.my3gb.com
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Chimanet(m): 11:52pm On Aug 03, 2012
Javanian:
Yes man...this is what i'll work with you've done a good joob...sorry if i didnt answer all your questions...Am on mobile...it isnt easy typing

what do you think guys http://www.xte2.my3gb.com

is a very nice design,
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 11:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
@Xterra2 zip and upload your web folder @ sourceforge
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 12:03am On Aug 04, 2012
ok...Am now on a pc...@Xterra2 how i wish i could see you now and give you a hug...The work is lovely!!!!
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 12:06am On Aug 04, 2012
@Xterra2 sorry but i have one more request grin
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by xterra2(m): 12:19am On Aug 04, 2012
Chimanet:

is a very nice design,
Thank you smiley

@javanian
I can see you like it, glad you like it
Made me happy, meant I did a good job
And what is the other request you want ?

And how do I upload it to sourceforge.net ? I need to signup right
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 12:26am On Aug 04, 2012
The site doesn't look too good on mobile..i don't know if you can optimize it??
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by xterra2(m): 12:43am On Aug 04, 2012
Yeah it doesn't look good on mobile
I would optimze it for mobile but not now
Just do your thing, since its not yet ready just calm down
I would do it at a later time okay ?
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 12:48am On Aug 04, 2012
Ok no probs...go to the project link @ the first page of this thread and upload it @ sourceforge you dont need to register...
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Chimanet(m): 3:39am On Aug 04, 2012
The mail services works well from my localhost when using gmail server but if i upload it to a free hosting site it gives a security exception, i think we need a to use our domains email server for this, am done with the contact form functionality, let me see if i can upload it to sourceforge
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Chimanet(m): 3:52am On Aug 04, 2012
Chimanet: The mail services works well from my localhost when using gmail server but if i upload it to a free hosting site it gives a security exception, i think we need a to use our domains email server for this, am done with the contact form functionality, let me see if i can upload it to sourceforge
dnt know wats wrong with sourgeforge, jst can login

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Degree Vs Experience: Which Do Employers Prefer? / Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? / 10 Nights Of Cloning Nairaland With PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.