Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. (22349 Views)

Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by CHIMCO(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2012
I left a lady b/c she ransacked my house and was farting throughout the first night she visited after so many years of friendship. But she did not know this.

2 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by xynerise: 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2012
Dont always allow ur husband to wake u up every morning grin
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Olaisrich(m): 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2012
Love is the best! Do you know that those imperfections had been there all along when the couples were still in courtship, but love did not notice when it still dey shack body!
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
These little things surely cause disagreements in relationships and unfortunately divorce. That is why perseverance is good habit in marriage. No man or woman is perfect. Whoever tells you that these little items wont surface in your marriage is lying. It takes maturity,strong will,unflinching commitment and unwavering determination to sail through them all.Marriage is for better for worse and takes the Grace of God to get over these challenges.

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by benJAVA: 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2012
If one is a hard-core programer and wanderous fine artist like me i gues it is beta 2 remain single bcuz i do worst dan dis. Like not shaving n even 4geting my birthday. Lol
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Curiouscity(m): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2012
watch~tower:
most, if not all these "acts" are carried out by the men, u hardly find a woman that doesn't complain abt one or 2 things her husband does.

@op, what's ur point?

I wonder if U can read or comprehend at all. Or maybe U are 15-21. So because men don't go about telling other what their partners do means women are saints? Wake up day don break!!
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Pakavy(m): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
O.D.B.:

Bachelor life too sweet. I do all the above cos am single and loving it
u think so?try d nuptial lyf wit d ryt person 4 a change.bliv me u wuld not only luv it better n b happy about it.@poster farting at d wrong tym n place dey contribute,leaving used menstrual pads especialy in d wc witout flushing wul annoy me byond undastanding.not married yet sha
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Damseluc(f): 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2012
gree-die:

lol...no i dont

but u just said it is an unconsious act how do u know u don't snore.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by sashaa(f): 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
acidtalk:
* Refusing to eat the top of a sliced bread even when you tore the wrapper open.

*Refusing to eat a food if there's no meat, fish or egg decorated on it.
guilty of these two. I hope it doesnt become a problem wen am married

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2012
sashaa:
guilty of these two. I hope it doesnt become a problem wen am married

Have a friend that did the exact two yesterday and I was really crossed.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by MMM2(m): 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2012
Coming back 2 d house with a used condom cry
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by stagger: 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2012
In my own case, the towel business was such an issue. When I was small, I would drop my wet towel on the bed, dress up, then take the towel out. When I got married, I found out that even allowing a wet towel on the bed became a big issue.

Sometimes I like to just tie wrapper because I like air to get to my unmentionables once in a while. My wife just hates it. She prefers me wearing shorts and boxers to appreciate my legs.

Then she has this habit of leaving the bathroom without properly drying her legs, leaving a trail of water that she most times, does not bother to clean. As a domestic safety freak, that drives me mad! I also don't like it when the last of the pot of soup is served and wait for it... no meat! And I am told that the meat finished because I took more than my allocated two pieces on day 1 of the soup. I recall the same thing with my mum years back so I sometimes forgive that one. I have of course, found a way to always make sure extra meat is available once the soup or stew is finishing so there are no stories.

And then the hair net business. Why would a husband pay for his wife to look good, only for that pleasure to go to outsiders and he be left with hair nets all the time? I hate hair nets. I simply loathe them. After years of bitter complaints, my wife now allows me the viewing pleasure of her newly done hair for a few days, and then it is back to hair nets at night.

Well ultimately, years of marriage have taught us to know how to navigate these things. At least I can now better educate my children on these things so they know what to expect and know how to handle them.

7 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by greatgod2012(f): 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
@ poster, i'm guilty of littering d bedroom, but i thank God dt my spouse had been tolerant with me or probably because he knows he's guilty of d majority points highlighted above,besides, where there is genuine love, these 'trivial' issues could be overlooked.

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by greedie1(f): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
Damseluc:

but u just said it is an unconsious act how do u know u don't snore.
someone wuld ve told me, family. Friends?
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by itunu8(f): 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
Na marriage wey no get✓ stamina dey break because of stuffs like dis ... These r habits that cannot be completely corrected or avoided..dats y we r humans always tendin towards perfecction. As u try Τ̅☺ correct 1 issue anodr one Isnot right.. Even d̶̲̥̅̊ person wey dey corrct self never gather.
Pls where has TOLERANCE gone Things D̶̲̥̅̊☺n̶̲̥̅̊'t always av Τ̅☺ be done d̶̲̥̅̊ way one. FEel its right.
Pls  aint sayin dey shdnt corrct one anodr, but  fink they shd focus more ☺n̶̲̥̅̊ being tolerant απϑ accomodating..
for example if he just dosent stop dropin his wet towel ☺n̶̲̥̅̊ the bed despite correctin him, then iav ɑ̤̥̈̊ new job of pikin Ȋ̝̊̅† up for him every morinig* or If she just can't stop snoring at night dspite my complaint then  wld use earphonesΤ̅☺ help ε̲̣̣̣̥ sleep*.. Yea  might nt be comfortable wit Ȋ̝̊̅† but gussh..  ℓσv℮.♥̸̨ my spouse nd i dnt av ɑ̤̥̈̊ choice
Just accept some stuffs d̶̲̥̅̊ way dey r.. Corrections when done too frequently could cause more harm Dan good.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2012
@ Stagger, thanks for sharing that.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Anyaugo1(m): 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
Viewing this topic: adasi678, rowlandoo, P406, oye1212, Black_Oyinbo, Tpaparazy, ti-ebe, cyras, FunW, rockinrobin, sourcecode99, Gold wolexy, quimbi (f), owochy(m), djmally(m), Roseey0(f), Bhenjamin(m), koruji(m), Watermelon(m), somama(f), munky (m), Opera Mini, kulyie, Trejor, exalt2009, mediainspired, Wise Bukoye, minute(f), Ninapha, johnemone(m), hans22, sucezTP(f) and 40 guest(s)
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by lepasharon(f): 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
lool imm not married yet,but i still deal with some of theses things.

As for those guys complaining of hair nets ,they are to protect a womans hair while she sleeps lol.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 3:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
^^^
So even those that walk around in hair net at 10am are probably sleep walking as well.

Somenice looking ladies could walk few blocks to go buy something and that isn't just cute one bit.

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Ninilowo(m): 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2012
engrtee: U didnt add

improper aplication of toothpaste

snoring

yes ooo. pressing the toothaste at the middle. beeni.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by janedoe(f): 4:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
While most,if not all of the above are true, I can't help but wonder why they are not seen as problems at the very beginning of the relationship (and fixed) but several months down the road.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 4:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ninilowo:
yes ooo. pressing the toothaste at the middle. beeni.

some couples have broken their heads because of ths.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
So what are the major things?

What about keeping an opposite sex as a friend/best friend that you even prefer his or her company to that of your spouse?

2 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2012
Precious15: So what are the major things?

What about keeping an opposite sex as a friend/best friend that you even prefer his or her company to that of your spouse?

some of the major ones are infedelity, lack of child and finance
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by siddonlook1(f): 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
You are very correct in all the stuff you identified about. You can only imagine howit feels when your spouse leave you to clean up after him. Never doing any form of housework. Wont cook , will wait for you to come back home no matter how late it is to cook yet you both work. cant sweep, cant lay the bed, cant tidy up the kitchen,goes in and out at will without notice. Only want every one to watch what he is watching, always on playstation, cant hold even a decent conversation........... Damn why did i get married? embarassed lipsrsealed cry

2 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
Op should add annoying habits like using facial creams like Pop, Skinneal, etc overnight, rubbing of Robb, Aboniki & or others on the body instead of perfumes or other romantic creams. Also nasty habits like constant & permanent cold attacks that could have been treated but due to negiligence. Serious ones include using sex as a form of reward and or punishment.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Darius2000: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
acidtalk: LITTLE ATTITUDES THAT CREATE BIG PROBLMS IN HOMES.

Marriage is a union mostly within two people from absolutely opposite backgrounds.

Statistics have shown that most problems in married homes are usually very trivial and avoidable acts which if well checked, could have been avoided.

People have gone to court to seek for divorce for the flimsiest of reasons.

Below are some of the acts both men and women need to check to enable a happy and non tensed home front.

* Getting up from the bed without bothering to lay it.

Hmmmm....I am personally guilty of over 75 per cent of the habits you enumerated above. No wonder my wife doesnt seem to respect or love me like she used to! In other words,am to be blamed for her disrespectful comments hauled at me. This is one of the most useful threads i will ever read on Nairaland. I have already copied this information onto my system so i can print it, with a view to actually studying them over and over again, so i can make amends.....so my wife isnt a stubborn woman afterall! Indeed, no one disrespects you without your permission or consent! Thanks, Poster

* Leaving items liter around the living room and bed room.

*Not agreeing to if the toilet seat should be kept down or up.

*Refusing to take food from the bottom of pot.

* Refusing to eat the top of a sliced bread even when you tore the wrapper open.

* Chatting or Playing with your phone, laptop, tablet, reading a book or watching tv while your spouse is saying or complaining of something important.

* Walking out on your spouse while he/she is complaining of what is hurting them.

* Refusing to flush the WC after using the rest room.

* Refusing to mop the floor after littering water all over the floor after having a bath.

* Piling up dishes in the sink.

* Not turning off the electronics while going to bed or leaving the house.

* Too pompous to use the words "thank you, I am sorry, Please".

* throwing used diapers around instead of disposing them properly.

* Buying luxury items without prior consent of your partner.

* Thinking you don't owe your partner an explanation for coming home late or leaving the house at whatever time you want.

* Going through your partners items (phones, laptops, pockets, hand bags etc) all for the sole aim of catching them cheating.

* Always eavesdropping on your partners phone and physical conversation with family, friends, colleagues, neighbors and strangers.

* Waking your partner from their sleep only to complain about events that happened during the day.

At least one of the above listed is a major cause while a marriage is about to get disolved aside major reasons like infidelity, Finance, and Family interferance.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Darius2000: 6:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
acidtalk: LITTLE ATTITUDES THAT CREATE BIG PROBLMS IN HOMES.

Marriage is a union mostly within two people from absolutely opposite backgrounds.

Statistics have shown that most problems in married homes are usually very trivial and avoidable acts which if well checked, could have been avoided.

People have gone to court to seek for divorce for the flimsiest of reasons.

Below are some of the acts both men and women need to check to enable a happy and non tensed home front.

* Getting up from the bed without bothering to lay it.

Thanks for this timely and nice post. I have already saved this information on my system so i can print it, with a view to making amends where necessary. I am guilty in over 75 per cent of the habits enumerated. So am the one giving my wife the room to disrespect me occasionally? Not anymore. In need to seriously make amends. Only God knows how many preventable quarrels we have had because of these habits......

* Leaving items liter around the living room and bed room.

*Not agreeing to if the toilet seat should be kept down or up.

*Refusing to take food from the bottom of pot.

* Chatting or Playing with your phone, laptop, tablet, reading a book or watching tv while your spouse is saying or complaining of something important.

* Walking out on your spouse while he/she is complaining of what is hurting them.

* Refusing to flush the WC after using the rest room.

* Refusing to mop the floor after littering water all over the floor after having a bath.

* Piling up dishes in the sink.

* Not turning off the electronics while going to bed or leaving the house.

* Too pompous to use the words "thank you, I am sorry, Please".

* throwing used diapers around instead of disposing them properly.

* Buying luxury items without prior consent of your partner.

* Thinking you don't owe your partner an explanation for coming home late or leaving the house at whatever time you want.

* Going through your partners items (phones, laptops, pockets, hand bags etc) all for the sole aim of catching them cheating.

* Always eavesdropping on your partners phone and physical conversation with family, friends, colleagues, neighbors and strangers.

* Waking your partner from their sleep only to complain about events that happened during the day.

At least one of the above listed is a major cause while a marriage is about to get disolved aside major reasons like infidelity, Finance, and Family interferance.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Darius2000: 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2012
acidtalk: @ Stagger, thanks for sharing that.
I cant thank the poster enough...
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by proudlyafrican(m): 6:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
@OP is right on point but i have figured out that the right solution to every problem is always there,all that is needed is just a little patience,perseverance and an open mind...Sometimes you just wonder why you got married,if you go through some of this issues with your spouse but life goes on.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by isalegan2: 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2012
O.D.B.:

Bachelor life too sweet. I do all the above cos am single and loving it

"Ol' Dirty Bastardo,"
Wait till you fall in love with Ol' Dirty Bytch your soulmate. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? / Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry / Lagos Housemaid Elopes With Boyfriend, Steals Madam's Money, Underwear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.