Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? (21686 Views)

Father & Daughter Banished From Nnobi, Anambra For Incest That Produced 2 Kids / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / "Some Call It Incest, We Call It Fate" - Man Who Impregnates His Sister Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Forrkke: 8:37am On Jun 07, 2023
Hi, guys please I need advice on what to do. It’ll be a bit lengthy, but please bear with me as I wouldn’t want people drawing conclusions without fully grasping the situation.

Back in 2015 my cousin with whom I stayed in the same city got pregnant at the age of 16. She was still in SS2 at the time, and the guy that got her pregnant was way older and a university student. It was a very disheartening news for the family, and her dad was very angry, so much that he said he didn’t want to see her with his eyes.

In just 3 days, my aunt ( her mother) made arrangement with one of her father’s sisters in their hometown for her to go stay there. That was the last time I saw her until late last year when she came back to Lagos. She worked, schooled, and generally lived her life there for over 7 years. Her dad had forgiven her when he went for a function over there in 2019. They were not talking before that.

So, the issue at hand now is that her aunt aborted
her pregnancy just within 24hrs of getting to the town, even threatened to stab her if she didn’t do as said. The aunt stayed with her husband and son who was about the same age as my cousin, and she was told that she’d be staying in the same room as the boy but in separate beds.

6 months later, it had become evident that this boy was a drug addict and smokes. My cousin kept this to herself and didn’t tell the mother. One night, when the parents had traveled, the boy approached her and cajoled her to have sex with him. My stupid cousin fell for it. She admitted that she wasn’t forced and it wasn’t rape; the boy just convinced her, which was very foolish of her. And it’s not like this had made any suggestive move before; it was the first time and you fell so foolishly.

The second day which was a Sunday
, the boy wanted the same thing, but she refused him this time having been whelmed with shame. She confessed to their pastor and was prayed for, told to never fall into such act again. This happened way back in 2016, and it was a secret until now. My cousin moved out from their house a month later to stay with another of her dad’s sisters in the same city. And that’s where she stayed and schooled from till she came back to Lagos. She and the boy have never spoken or met since she left.

Now she’s done with school and is back to her own father’s house in Lagos. Her father’s eldest sibling called recently and said the boy has been depressed for
some months now and that he said he had some confessions about he and my cousin. The aunt asked my cousin what the matter is before the boy made his confessions, but she didn’t say anything.

Unfortunately, the guy was the first to say something, and they said he has been wanting to commit suicide. But here’s the problem: the guy narrated it in a very different way; according to him,

~ My cousin forced him ( which is as good as the word “rape”)

~ He was a virgin the time and my cousin deflowered him (a huge lie, this guy had been carrying all sorts of girls before this period)

~ What she did to him has been affecting him mentally, and that’s why he’s failed academically so much that’s he’s dropped out twice

~ My cousin ruined his life

Continued below

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Forrkke: 8:37am On Jun 07, 2023
Now, members of the family have been calling my cousin to call her all sorts of name. They said if anything happens to the guy, she’ll be held responsible for it.

My question is,

How can you lie against someone, more so your own cousin without any remorse?

How come it’s after 8 years that you’re feeling guilty and depressed for what happened?

I’m not supporting my cousin; she deserves whatever castigations are coming her way. But is it okay to let this humongous character assassination slide?

The sad thing is nobody is interested in hearing her own side of the story; it’s the guy they believe because he spoke first. I believe my cousin because she told me about this issue back in December last year, before it became known to everybody. She could have easily lied that she was forced or raped just to save her reputation. But she confided in me and said it as it was… that it was her who agreed to it.

From what I know, this guy has been a failure and has disappointed his parents many times; he’s just playing some antics and isn’t depressed. He’s using this story to draw sympathy because no one in the family likes him due to his waywardness.

Someone they said was depressed was heard on the phone laughing to a skit when my cousin called one of her aunts explaining. The boy was there but didn’t know the aunt was on phone with my cousin. Also, my cousin doesn’t have the boy’s number and has not been allowed to speak to him and confront him for all the lies against her.

My cousin has a fiancé, but now her father’s people her saying she’s wicked that after destroying someone’s life, she wants to settle down. They’re asking her what will happen to the guy whose life she has destroyed? This girl hasn’t been herself for weeks now. She has been thrown under the bus, so much that her one elder brother has disowned her.

What do you guys suggest she does going forward?

My cousin and I have always been very close, and I’m like the only person in the family that understands her now, even though I condemn what she fell into years ago.

Someone is suggesting my cousin sue the boy, how’s that feasible? We’re talking about a family member here.
And one thing is certain; this boy will not be able to tell all these lies in the presence of my cousin if confronted.

The same boy once wrote a love letter to another of his cousins during that period, telling her that he found her attractive and would love them to he togther

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Forrkke: 8:37am On Jun 07, 2023
~~~
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by RoadMozart(m): 8:52am On Jun 07, 2023
Is the boy a member of your family too?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Gasvon: 8:55am On Jun 07, 2023
FP loading

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Forrkke: 8:58am On Jun 07, 2023
RoadMozart:
Is the boy a member of your family too?

He’s a cousin to my cousin.

He’s the son of her dad’s younger sister.

My cousin’s mother is my own aunt

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by franchasofficia: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:
Now, members of the family have been calling my cousin to call her all sorts of name. They said if anything happens to the guy, she’ll be held responsible for it.

My question is,

How come it’s after 8 years that you’re feeling guilty and depressed for what happened?

I’m not supporting my cousin; she deserves whatever castigations are coming her way. But is it okay to let this humongous character assassination slide?

The sad thing is nobody is interested in hearing her own side of the story; it’s the guy they believe because he spoke first.

From what I know, this guy has been a failure and has disappointed his parents many times; he’s just playing some antics and isn’t depressed. He’s using this story to draw sympathy because no one in the family likes him due to his waywardness.

Someone they said was depressed was heard on the phone laughing to a skit when my cousin called one of her aunts explaining. The boy was there but didn’t know the aunt was on phone with my cousin. Also, my cousin doesn’t have the boy’s number and has not been allowed to speak to him and confront him for all the lies against her.

My cousin has a fiancé, but now her father’s people her saying she’s wicked that after destroying someone’s life, she wants to settle down. They’re asking her what will happen to the guy whose life she has destroyed? This girl hasn’t been herself for weeks now. She has been thrown under the bus, so much that her one elder brother has disowned her.

My cousin and I have always been very close, and I’m like the only person in the family that understands her now, even though I condemn what she fell into years ago.

Someone is suggesting my cousin sue the boy, how’s that feasible? We’re talking about a family member here.
And one thing is certain; this boy will not be able to tell all these lies in the presence of my cousin if confronted.
She should summon courage and tell them that she wants them to involve traditional oath swearing between herself and the guy or else that she would report the boy to a popular shrine to come and swear that she forced him.

This would reset their brain and believe me the guy will backtrack or confess once he hears its going the traditional way cos Nigerians fear shrines more than anything else.

Going to court cant solve it

153 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Mandela27: 9:01am On Jun 07, 2023
Okay
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by RoadMozart(m): 9:01am On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

He’s from my cousin’s dad’s side, the son of her dad’s younger sister.

Ahh the road is far na. And I don't see a case of incest there. Just a little family issue

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by donbachi(m): 9:03am On Jun 07, 2023
They should match on a he-goat
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by MechanicMike: 9:10am On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:
Hi, guys please I need advice on what to do. It’ll be a bit lengthy, but please bear with me as I wouldn’t want people drawing conclusions without fully grasping the situation.

Back in 2015 my cousin with whom I stayed in the same city got pregnant at the age of 16. She was still in SS2 at the time, and the guy that got her pregnant was way older and a university student. It was a very disheartening news for the family, and her dad was very angry, so much that he said he didn’t want to see her with his eyes.

In just 3 days, my aunt ( her mother) made arrangement with one of her father’s sisters in their hometown for her to go stay there. That was the last time I saw her until late last year when she came back to Lagos. She worked, schooled, and generally lived her life there for over 7 years. Her dad had forgiven her when he went for a function over there in 2019. They were not talking before that.

her pregnancy just within 24hrs of getting to the town, even threatened to stab her if she didn’t do as said. The aunt stayed with her husband and son who was about the same age as my cousin, and she was told that she’d be staying in the same room as the boy but in separate beds.

6 months later, it had become evident that this boy was a drug addict and smokes. My cousin kept this to herself and didn’t tell the mother. One night, when the parents had traveled, the boy approached her and cajoled her to have sex with him. My stupid cousin fell for it. She admitted that she wasn’t forced and it wasn’t rape; the boy just convinced her, which was very foolish of her. And it’s not like this had made any suggestive move before; it was the first time and you fell so foolishly.

, the boy wanted the same thing, but she refused him this time having been whelmed with shame. She confessed to their pastor and was prayed for, told to never fall into such act again. This happened way back in 2016, and it was a secret until now. My cousin moved out from their house a month later to stay with another of her dad’s sisters in the same city. And that’s where she stayed and schooled from till she came back to Lagos. She and the boy have never spoken or met since she left.

Now she’s done with school and is back to her own father’s house in Lagos. Her father’s eldest sibling called recently and said the boy has been depressed for
some months now and that he said he had some confessions about he and my cousin. The aunt asked my cousin what the matter is before the boy made his confessions, but she didn’t say anything.

Unfortunately, the guy was the first to say something, and they said he has been wanting to commit suicide. But here’s the problem: the guy narrated it in a very different way; according to him,

~ He was a virgin the time and my cousin deflowered him (a huge lie, this guy had been carrying all sorts of girls before this period)

~ What she did to him has been affecting him mentally, and that’s why he’s failed academically so much that’s he’s dropped out twice

angry
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by MechanicMike: 9:12am On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

NIGGGGGGGGGGGA STOP LYING...U WANT HELP U TELL THE TRUTH....we no Yor cousin is u. you yansh Yor 13 year old cousin now u askin for help... PiRRRRRRRRIOD. STOP LIE...we will help u if u stop lie!!!!((no offenscce)) angry

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Geovanni412(m): 9:52am On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

My question is,

The sad thing is nobody is interested in hearing her own side of the story; it’s the guy they believe because he spoke first.

Be like the godfather

Make him an offer he can't refuse

Know what he is scared of and what he truly desires - then you'll know the right offer to make to him depending on the generosity or darkness of your heart.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by jackmrandy: 10:07am On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

My question is,

YOU ARE AN IGBO AND I BELIEVE THERE ARE TRADITIONS IN YOUR COMMUNITY WHERE YOU CAME FROM. NOW IF YOUR COUSINE KNOWS SHE IS INNOCENT OF ALL THE ACCUSATION, LET HER TELL THE ELDERS IN THE FAMILY TO SUMMON YOUR COMMUNITY DEITY BEFORE THE TWO OF THEM TO SWEAR THAT THE ACCUSATION ARE FALSE/TRUE. THATS THE ONLY WAY THIS CASE CAN BE SOLVED. BUT IF BOTH FAMILY ARE CHRISTIANS, FORGET ABOUT IT.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Forrkke: 10:10am On Jun 07, 2023
MechanicMike:

NIGGGGGGGGGGGA STOP LYING...U WANT HELP U TELL THE TRUTH....we no Yor cousin is u. you yansh Yor 13 year old cousin now u askin for help... PiRRRRRRRRIOD. STOP LIE...we will help u if u stop lie!!!!((no offenscce)) angry

What are you saying?

Can you communicate in the way of humans?

33 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Forrkke: 10:11am On Jun 07, 2023
jackmrandy:

YOU ARE AN IGBO AND I BELIEVE THERE ARE TRADITIONS IN YOUR COMMUNITY WHERE YOU CAME FROM. NOW IF YOUR COUSINE KNOWS SHE IS INNOCENT OF ALL THE ACCUSATION, LET HER TELL THE ELDERS IN THE FAMILY TO SUMMON YOUR COMMUNITY DEITY BEFORE THE TWO OF THEM TO SWEAR THAT THE ACCUSATION ARE FALSE/TRUE. THATS THE ONLY WAY THIS CASE CAN BE SOLVED. BUT IF BOTH FAMILY ARE CHRISTIANS, FORGET ABOUT IT.

We’re not Igbo; both families are Christians

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by superCleanworks(m): 10:15am On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

there is no where in this your story that you mentioned how your cousin denied the allegations and fought for herself just the way a wrongly accused person (especially a woman) would do. She has already nailed herself by presentation of guilt.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by torqque7(m): 10:17am On Jun 07, 2023
Oga go and seat your ass down because from all you said there it shows your useless cousin is a demon and should be stoned to death..I pity her dumb fiancé who is marrying a hoe because she will still fvckkk his brother too..you are just forming useless understanding blind support when you know your cousin is evil..for the fact that someone is depressed doesn’t mean he should not laugh at funny videos so what are you saying? Stop been a simp and captain save a hoe..your cousin is a manipulative snake and you have also fallen under her venomous fangs.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Forrkke: 10:18am On Jun 07, 2023
superCleanworks:

there is no where in this your story that you mentioned how your cousin denied the allegations and fought for herself just the way a wrongly accused person (especially a woman) would do. She has already nailed herself by presentation of guilt.

She tried to but no one would listen, not even her siblings. They all believed the guy’s story without bothering to hear from her.

The one who cut ties with her haven’t even heard from her before and after the incident. He just swallowed everything hook, line, and sinker. And he was crying, saying my cousin disgraced the family.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Forrkke: 10:20am On Jun 07, 2023
torqque7:
Oga go and seat your ass down because from all you said there it shows your useless cousin is a demon and should be stoned to death..I pity her dumb fiancé who is marrying a hoe because she will still fvckkk his brother too..you are just forming useless understanding blind support when you know your cousin is evil..for the fact that someone is depressed doesn’t mean he should not laugh at funny videos so what are you saying? Stop been a simp and captain save a hoe..your cousin is a manipulative snake and you have also fallen under her venomous fangs.

She could have easily lied to me that she was forced too or raped.

But she said the truth that it was her who agreed after being cajoled to do it.

And she had told me about this stuff before everyone in the family got aware of it.

10 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by MechanicMike: 10:24am On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

What are saying?

Can you communicate in the way of humans?

brother we juss cut u lying...we no its u & we want to help u...confess & repent sir...anyways why did u do it sir?(no oofeincse) angry
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Forrkke: 10:25am On Jun 07, 2023
MechanicMike:

brother we juss cut u lying...we no its u & we want to help u...confess & repent sir...anyways why did u do it sir?(no oofeincse) angry

I’ve used Nairaland long enough to know not to give people like you any audience.

Bye

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Great0ne1: 10:31am On Jun 07, 2023
franchasofficia:
She should summon courage and tell them that she wants them to involve traditional oath swearing between herself and the guy or else that she would report the boy to a popular shrine to come and swear that she forced him.

This would reset their brain and believe me the guy will backtrack or confess once he hears its going the traditional way cos Nigerians fear shrines more than anything else.

Going to court cant solve it
You are very smart my guy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by superCleanworks(m): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

She tried to but no one would listen, not even her siblings. They all believed the guy’s story without bothering to hear from her.

if someone accuses me of something so damaging I will not TRY TO. I will make my voice heard till the tables turn. Her silence has sold her into guilt

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Thebadpolitican(m): 10:49am On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

Continued below

Your cousin sister is damaged damn I am no Saint but if she was my cousin I would distance
Myself away from her and if she was my daughter I would wish I never had her

As for the matter on ground swearing at a shrine would solve all this small issue yeah i said small issue because the big issh is her family image, I advise you come to Benin and use ayelala to swear . God save us from such children 🙏

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Nemesis0147(m): 10:55am On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

leave Christianity out of this first….the girl should involve the community deity….na ones that cousin’s mind no clear….he won’t be so stupid enough to swear so it won’t happen.
It helps a lot….I was accused of something I knew nothing about by my uncles and when I threatened to involve our deity…..na once they start to Dey apologize.
Now they will have to think twice before talking to me anyhow

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Mustiboy(m): 10:56am On Jun 07, 2023
Damn!

E be things. This looks like a front-page worthy material

dominique, farano, Rocktation
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Nemesis0147(m): 11:00am On Jun 07, 2023
superCleanworks:

if someone accuses me of something so damaging I will not TRY TO. I will make my voice heard till the tables turn. Her silence has sold her into guilt
asin eh.
The girl is dull abeg…,she should challenge them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Baronthecelebri: 11:02am On Jun 07, 2023
They should sue the bastard
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by jackmrandy: 11:07am On Jun 07, 2023
[quote author=Forrkke post=123627015]

christianity aside. this work faster because the truth will surface very fast in no distant time and the guilty one will be brought to book one hand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Mustiboy(m): 11:10am On Jun 07, 2023
[quote author=jackmrandy post=123628219][/quote]

I don’t think that changes anything. They are both guilty for indulging in such abominable act.

What the girl shouldn’t agree to, however, are the lies told about her that she spareheaded it and forced the guy. It doesn’t save her reputation, but it at least sets things straight

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AFP Features Nigerian Surrogate Mother. Reveals How It Is Done In Nigeria (Photo / Man Spits On His Wife After Chasing Wife & Children Away In Rivers State / When He Says I Don't Owe You Happiness. Will You Still Remain In The Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.