Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister (3120 Views)

Muslim Sister Arrested For Using Veil In OAU / Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam / A Plea From A Muslim Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by Jarus(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
How can we do our little to save this steadfast Muslim woman from the intimidation by family members and the pastor, to avoid her caving in like the father?

I'm ready for assistance

To-do

1, Investigate her location
2, Visit her
3, Do fundraising for her
4, Get a Muslim scholar for reminder
5, etc

Under tha aegis of NAIRALAND MUSLIM COMMUNITY

I'm willing to take active part in this. Who else?

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/28/convert-christianity-die-poor-bishop-oyedepo-tells-muslim-step-sister/
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by Wizeboy(m): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2012
This is a nice concept that should be supported by everybody in this Section. It is not only her that is going through difficult time by been stick to her belief, there are several other muslim in the same situation like her. Its time we Muslims wake up and start supporting the needy as so many have crossed to other religion based on promise to help them there.

I will contribute the little I can to this project Insha Allah.
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by LagosShia: 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2012
Subhanallah!

may Allah (swt) keep her strong in iman and health.

i would suggest a bank account in her name is published.if anyone can get in touch with her,and she can provide her account details,then that would be a nice idea for those of us who would like to contribute for her well-being.

or may be someone trusted (may be Jarus) can take the lead to open an account with the intention to gain financial support to present to her.
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by tiarabubu: 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
if the story is true (The writer didnt interview anyone else as backup, nor is it true that Muslims are not allowed into Convenant) then i would advice the woman not to touch his money AT ALL. He can keep it.

You can't hold people to ransom over their conscience with, worse of all, money!

The emphasis on money is very WRONG and that's where i have problems with Bishop Oyedepo.

The woman has nothing to lose by being poor as long as she is happy and contented. Her brother's money means nothing towards her happiness. I hope she understands that.
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by Mustay(m): 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
I'm not opposed to Jarus' suggestion but I find myself aligning with the first comment on that site by a certain 'Mustapha' as regards 'wordly enjoyment'.
How d'you use the network of muslims to assist the man who wants to go to school? That is priority to me - that man's education.
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by tbaba1234: 5:57am On Jul 30, 2012
This reminds me of some disgraceful tactics used by some missionaries when they go to starving countries... They use food as a tool to convert people to their faith.

Anyway, good initiative by the OP... Hopefully, something can be done for her...
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by damas11111(m): 10:50am On Jul 30, 2012
Well done Jarus for this idea.

I am in with this plan and ready to support with my little contribution.
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by sucre2(m): 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
LagosShia: Subhanallah!

may Allah (swt) keep her strong in iman and health.

i would suggest a bank account in her name is published.if anyone can get in touch with her,and she can provide her account details,then that would be a nice idea for those of us who would like to contribute for her well-being.

or may be someone trusted (may be Jarus) can take the lead to open an account with the intention to gain financial support to present to her.

Well said but we need to render some help to the guy who was denied admission into convenant University..
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by Jarus(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
So let's set the ball rolling.
First, does anyone who stays around Iyana Ipaja know this woman's house?
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by LagosShia: 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
sucre!!:

Well said but we need to render some help to the guy who was denied admission into convenant University..

thank God covenant university is not the only university in Nigeria.he should go somewhere else.

the woman however is being subjected to poverty because of her faith and is oppressed when other members of their family is enjoying because of the looting oyedepo does to blind christians who pay him tithe.

muslims are also in the millions in Lagos and Nigeria.we also offer zakat,sadaqa and khums.if we rally behind this woman,we will send a clear message to oeydepo that Nigeria also belongs to muslims and we too can afford to make his sister live a good life.
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by sucre2(m): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
LagosShia:

thank God covenant university is not the only university in Nigeria.he should go somewhere else.

the woman however is being subjected to poverty because of her faith and is oppressed when other members of their family is enjoying because of the looting oyedepo does to blind christians who pay him tithe.

muslims are also in the millions in Lagos and Nigeria.we also offer zakat,sadaqa and khums.if we rally behind this woman,we will send a clear message to oeydepo that Nigeria also belongs to muslims and we too can afford to make his sister live a good life.

You are right..
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by Seun(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
Start by visiting her. Then if she has any other needs, you can take it from there.
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
@Op. So long that she`s been discovered with photo evidence then i`m all in eventhough i`m not a muslim however i`m against the kind of treatment she got from her family.
The most important thing she needs right now is some form of empowerment so she don`t continue to depend on the public`s goodwill.

1 Like

Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by cherish(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2012
@ jarus that's good idea let try and visit her then we know her financier condition
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by sucre2(m): 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
cherish: @ jarus that's good idea let try and visit her then we know her financier condition

How do we locate her?
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by tpia5: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2012
Seun: Start by visiting her. Then if she has any other needs, you can take it from there.

hmm.
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by justfash50: 10:08am On Jul 31, 2012
@ op

Your suggestion is highly welcome. i was privy to an issue i was called to persuade someone.

I may be wrong on this issue today but i can confirm that about 4 years ago a friend of mine who is a relative of oyedepo asked me to advice him if his sister could take the offer Oyedepo propose to her that he will sponsor her to covenant University if she would become a christian.

Then her sister was trying to get admission into a university, but i vehemently oppose to her becoming a christian because Oyedepo wants to sponsor her.

I am a muslim and i have siblings who are christians but i will never and never coerce anyone to become muslim because i want to render help.

I hope he has a change of heart and not severe the ties of kingship.
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by kemiola89(f): 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
Good move! May Allah reward all of those who are willing to contribute to this course. Am in!
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by bilms(m): 5:33pm On Jul 31, 2012
I am in,but i think we need to take it to outside nairaland to make it more physical...off to facebook..
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by bilms(m): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
we should even provide an account people can donate to..it makes it easy for some people
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by bilms(m): 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
I am using my account on facebook, can any one provide another account details pls?
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by Jarus(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2012
Seun: Start by visiting her. Then if she has any other needs, you can take it from there.
That's tolerant of you, especially for one that doesn't subscribe to Islam. Thanks
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by Jarus(m): 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2012
Now, let's get going.

Who knows her contact? Who stays in Iyana Ipaja to help us ask 'research' (ask around) it?

@Justfash,
Could you help us contact your friend (that's their relative) to help get this woman's contact details/phone no?

If we have the contact address I volunteer to go with a couple of Nairalanders here to pay her a visit.
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by justfash50: 8:59am On Aug 01, 2012
@jarus

salam, am sorry i cant go any further with my post above, my friend did not even give me the permission to reveal what transpire about 4 years ago.

It is just out of annoyance seeing the same issue again that i had to share the experience. It is a big family i can tell you{ it may be difficult to trace the woman if the story is true} but i cant ask my friend concerning a 'FAMILY ISSUE'that he cautiously called me to persuade her sister and mum.

I dont want to be an instrument that will sow any discord in their family.am sorry if there is any other way i can help but not with my friend.masalam
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by jaybee3(m): 9:04am On Aug 01, 2012
Please count me in
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by Mustay(m): 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2012
Why not contact those who wrote the story?
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
What about just 1 almajiri child in northern Nigeria to be sponsored from primary to tertiary stage of education.? In your hurry to judge and put someone to shame you forget justice and sincerity. If you ever thought of raising funds for one almajiri child at a time we know how far that can go. Being poor is relative. Most of you here are poor in comparison to many rich people which begs the question how poor can oyedepo's sister be? Is she poor in comparism to him? Is she unmarried?Is she a widow? Is she unable to eat three square meals and unable to take care of her children? How old is she? what does she do for a living?

I am certain that some of you have poorer relatives that you have not looked at or thought of in years,poorer than this woman whose so called lack is being celebrated If you have ever bothered to be this nice to the poor in your neighbourhood,your family tree,your mosques, Nigeria will be better for it. but all the same the one wey una fit make una do am. This is not to discourage you guys but to search yourselves.

If at all the story is true.

2 Likes

Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by Jarus(m): 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2012
andromida: What about just 1 almajiri child in northern Nigeria to be sponsored from primary to tertiary stage of education.? In your hurry to judge and put someone to shame you forget justice and sincerity. If you ever thought of raising funds for one almajiri child at a time we know how far that can go. Being poor is relative. Most of you here are poor in comparison to many rich people which begs the question how poor can oyedepo's sister be? Is she poor in comparism to him? Is she unmarried?Is she a widow? Is she unable to eat three square meals and unable to take care of her children? How old is she? what does she do for a living?

I am certain that some of you have poorer relatives that you have not looked at or thought of in years,poorer than this woman whose so called lack is being celebrated If you have ever bothered to be this nice to the poor in your neighbourhood,your family tree,your mosques, Nigeria will be better for it. but all the same the one wey una fit make una do am. This is not to discourage you guys but to search yourselves.

If at all the story is true.
But the almajiri and our 'relatives' are only poor, they are not under material threat to their faith, which is the ticket to eternal wealth in the Hereafter.

1 Like

Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by blackboi(m): 11:29am On Aug 02, 2012
Hypocrite!!! Add her to your almajiri helping group and make no noise about it... You guys are on nothing but a smear campaign against that Christian "business man". Your faith prohibits your ladies from marrying Christians but it does not stop them from inheriting money made from a Christian church huh??

-culled from Fb

2 Likes

Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by blackboi(m): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2012
nonseNse campaign grin
"save her" indeed cry
Re: Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister by blackboi(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2012
why would she need the help of an "infidel"

like i used to say: watin concern airbus with ojuelegba bus stopundecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Needs A Salaf Who Is Also A Professional Plumber / Why Giving out Gifts Is Important In Sunnah / Islamic Culture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.