Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road (14656 Views)

Army-General Dies In Motor Accident In Yobe State / Obasanjo's Son, Oba, In Motor Accident / Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by hrhobi1(m): 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2012
Blackteeth: who will be the first to blame GEJ?

YOU SO SO STEWPID AND FO-OLISH MAN . DROP DEAD YOU BA.STARD
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Series22(m): 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
Darey_00:
i've watched patiently d way u nland guys put tribalism in almost any issue. For goodness sake d name of d bus has to be mentioned when reporting the incident.what is ur business if its 4rm Anambra or Delta,d simple fact remains dat d guy cumin 4rm Anambra caused d incident.if thats ur problem,hug d nearest wet transformer
Darey_00:
i've watched patiently d way u nland guys put tribalism in almost any issue. For goodness sake d name of d bus has to be mentioned when reporting the incident.what is ur business if its 4rm Anambra or Delta,d simple fact remains dat d guy cumin 4rm Anambra caused d incident.if thats ur problem,hug d nearest wet transformer
Darey_00:
shut up yoruba, i knw say u go add rubbish.. Idioto
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by haybeestinky: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
haaaa,my chemist is among ooooo
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by dmainboss: 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2012
The only part of the road that is bad and is currently being fixed is about 1 or 2 kilometers around Ofosu, after Ore if you are coming from Lagos. No other place is bad enough to require lane change. Just light potholes from time to time around the Ondo axis. Sometimes these drivers just act like they are on drugs. You have to shout on them sometimes.

A lot of the blame goes to the passengers. Nigerian passengers don't complain. They even encourage the drivers to break trafffic rules. If the driver refuses, they will say he is dull.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by redcliff: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
[size=20pt]yes i would blame GEJ.. look at it. thats a federal high and the reason they drove against traffic is that their own side of the road is bad and they resorted in following one way... (thats no reason to still do so tho) but if the road was actually good and havent been neglected by government, this accident was bound not to happen.. whose fault? Negligence on the part authorities to fix the road. Who are the authorities? those responsible for fixing the road. Who are those responsible for fixing the road? Governemnt..Who is the Govt? GEJ[/size]
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
Series22:

Kazeem said the accident, which involved two vehicles, was caused by the driver of the Anambra Mass Transit Toyota Hiace bus, with registration number YB 610 EPE (Lagos), who for no reason drove against traffic on the Benin-Ore lane.

i hope d reporter is not tryin 2 drag ndigbo into dis unfortunate accidnt. All dis yoruba newspapers sef. Any way sha, r.i.p
you just said you are new on nairaland on another thread,and so soon the tribalism blood runs in your veins,think before posting o and don't derail the thread.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Atigba: 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
God Bless the Dead
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Clemzy16(m): 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
RIP to those whom lost their lives..
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by francis247(m): 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
Thirteen died, three taken to the hospital. Does it mean that only three survived in the bus filled with bread winners of dependants? May their souls rest in peace, but most especially, I pray God grant their loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Darey00(m): 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2012
Series22: [/color] shut up yoruba, i knw say u go add rubbish.. Idioto
Series22: [color=#006600] shut up yoruba, i knw say u go add rubbish.. Idioto
i comment my reserve
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Obason: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2012
R.i.p
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Obason: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2012
At least u show pic b4 u start blaming driver because 2 my belive u as reporter was not present @ d scene, but anyway RIP.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Bzoe(f): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
RIP
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by lilkech(m): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2012

Isn't he partly to blame? The driver was on the wrong lane due to the nature of our roads over there

Is that not a federal road?
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by hardbody: 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
dmainboss: The only part of the road that is bad and is currently being fixed is about 1 or 2 kilometers around Ofosu, after Ore if you are coming from Lagos. No other place is bad enough to require lane change. Just light potholes from time to time around the Ondo axis. Sometimes these drivers just act like they are on drugs. You have to shout on them sometimes.

A lot of the blame goes to the passengers. Nigerian passengers don't complain. They even encourage the drivers to break trafffic rules. If the driver refuses, they will say he is dull.

We are in sync on this. I have personally driven through that road twice, it's becoming increasingly difficult to see any part of that stretch that is not good. In april, I left Lagos at about 5am and had crossed onitsha head bridge by 10am,the road was smooth and the police were not there. So hold the drivers and silent passengers responsible
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by ask4double(m): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
redcliff: [size=20pt]yes i would blame GEJ.. look at it. thats a federal high and the reason they drove against traffic is that their own side of the road is bad and they resorted in following one way... (thats no reason to still do so tho) but if the road was actually good and havent been neglected by government, this accident was bound not to happen.. whose fault? Negligence on the part authorities to fix the road. Who are the authorities? those responsible for fixing the road. Who are those responsible for fixing the road? Governemnt..Who is the Govt? GEJ[/size]
Always go through ur write up before posting.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by redcliff: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
ask4double: Always go through ur write up before posting.
you should know its a typo..please and please, if you dont have any meaninful contribution to make on this thread, i suggest u read thru and not try to find fauts(yes fauts) in other people's post...
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by supereagle(m): 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
Yes. Let him fix the rail system and bad federal roads , the accident rate will go down on the road.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Skipfr(m): 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2012
Hw many days of National mourning dem declare for d dead ones? Wen big men die for plane crash d oda day we nr hear word for Naija. Dem even set panel to investigate d cause of d accident. Y d one for road different? Abi accident wen lata lead to death different?
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Blackteeth(m): 9:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
lilkech:

Isn't he partly to blame? The driver was on the wrong lane due to the nature of our roads over there

Is that not a federal road?

The story didnt say anything concerning driving in the wrong lane cos of bad road. Thats not an excuse. Somebody was careless. Simple.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by mekaboy(m): 9:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
MAY THEIR SOUL REST IN PEACE.

ONE BAD BEHAVIOR I HAVE NOTICED ABOUT PASSENGERS, IS THAT SOMETIMES THEY ARE ALWAYS IN A HURRY, ASKING THE DRIVER TO SPEED AND OVERTAKE. SOMETIMES YOUR IN A BUS TRAVELING AND THE DRIVER IS SPEEDING AND OVERTAKING ANYHOW, AND THE PASSENGERS WILL HAIL HIM A WONT CALL HIM TO ORDER.

THERE SHOULD BE A ROAD SAFETY NUMBER, WHERE A PASSENGER CAN CALL, AND REPORT A BUS DRIVER, AND THE DRIVER WILL BE ARRESTED ON THE ROAD AT A CHECK POINT OR SOMETHING. THESE CRAZY DRIVERS EVEN TAKE ALCOHOL BEFORE EMBARKING ON A JOURNEY .

PASSENGERS , IF YOU ARE IN SUCH A HURRY, ENTER FLIGHT.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Blackteeth(m): 9:19pm On Jul 29, 2012
supereagle: Yes. Let him fix the rail system and bad federal roads , the accident rate will go down on the road.

Why was the rail system and bad roads not fixed 10 years ago under a previous government?
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by jevic(m): 9:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
Accident again. God please have mercy on us.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Blackteeth(m): 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
hrhobi1:

YOU SO SO STEWPID AND FO-OLISH MAN . DROP DEAD YOU BA.STARD
Who be this goat? Sorry to disappoint you. Am still bouncing alive.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by pheesayor(m): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
RIP to those that died, to think that I travelled that route back from Uyo yesterday. There was a robbery scare at benin by-pass though
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by KayDee4: 9:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
[size=13pt] It's not like he drove into a pothole and the car flipped, it was pure recklessness .GEJ is not responsible for instilling common sense in Nigerians. 2mrw someone will jump off a bridge and blame GEJ for not providing him a psychiatric hospital. undecided undecided [/size]
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by blumail: 9:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
May their souls rest in peace & may God see their loved ones through this trying time as well as divine healing to the injured.
I actually passed through that road today, didn't see any sign of accident. You never know what God is doing for you when you travel, go out & come back safely. Thank you Lord.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by lamidex2(m): 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2012
May their souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by oiseworld: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2012
may their soul rest in peace.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by ogejov(f): 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
May their soul rest in peace.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
Y cant federal govt repair dat road? Hw much will it cost dem to pls do sumtin there. Dat road is notin 2write hme abt. Or beta still the two state govt shld agree to fix it den ask d federal govt to refund the money bke,bcoz na dat road pson dey follow go east oo!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rauf Aregbesola's 60th Birthday Colloquium (Photos) / Legal Practitioners’ Committee Confirms 58 Lawyers As SANs / Police: NLC President Not Arrested In Imo — We Rescued Him From Mob Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.