Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road (14649 Views)

Army-General Dies In Motor Accident In Yobe State / Obasanjo's Son, Oba, In Motor Accident / Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by ypzilanti: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2012
13 die in motor accident on Benin-Ore road
Sunday, 29 July 2012 12:17 NAN
E-mail Print PDF

No fewer than 13 passengers died in a motor accident on the Benin-Ore road, the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) confirmed on Sunday.

In a statement issued by Mr Bisi Kazeem, Deputy Corps Public Education Officer, the commission stated that the accident happened at kilometre 53, before Ohosun town, zone 5.12 toll gate unit command in Edo State at 7.45 a.m on Sunday.

Kazeem said the accident, which involved two vehicles, was caused by the driver of the Anambra Mass Transit Toyota Hiace bus, with registration number YB 610 EPE (Lagos), who for no reason drove against traffic on the Benin-Ore lane.

The driver faced an oncoming Iveco truck descending a slope, resulting in head-on collision.

The bus was coming from Lagos carrying traders dealing in electronics and 13 out of the passengers in the bus died, while three people survived including the truck driver.

The victims, according to FRSC, have been taken to Shiloh Hospital, Ugbogui in Edo for treatment while corpses were deposited at the mortuary of the same hospital.

The Commission said the obstruction caused as a result of the accident had been promptly cleared.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/41920-13-die-in-motor-accident-on-benin-ore-road
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by manny4life(m): 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2012
Na wa oh,

RIP cry cry cry
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Blackteeth(m): 5:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
who will be the first to blame GEJ?
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
May their soul rest in perfect peace. cry cry cry
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
Blackteeth: who will be the first to blame GEJ?

Before you ask the JAMB question, you can't even say RIP. na wa for you ooo...

1 Like

Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Raymond003: 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
So pathetic RIP
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by airfinance(m): 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2012
Bad roads to me
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Raymond003: 5:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
Rip
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Esosa01(m): 5:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
May the soul of the departed rest in peace, and speedy recovery to the injured..

1 Like

Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by dapsyd1(m): 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
May their souls rest in peace. Another man error led to these peoples death. May God protect us.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by proudlyafrican(m): 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
May God grant the departed eternal rest and give those they left behind the courage and strength to continue the struggle.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by solgee(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
RIP
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by MrUmaRu(m): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2012
Goodluck e no do road. wiked mans. Kill am for poeple evryday evryday for road.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Ortis: 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
R.I.P....peepz wen u get 2 heaven just tel God abt d reckless nija driver nd abt d fucking nigeria politician looters wo embazled public fundz meant 4 road construction......pathetic 9ja...SHAME

1 Like

Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Robena: 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
May their soul rest in perfect peace. oh God! help us in this Country. Amen.

1 Like

Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Series22(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
Kazeem said the accident, which involved two vehicles, was caused by the driver of the Anambra Mass Transit Toyota Hiace bus, with registration number YB 610 EPE (Lagos), who for no reason drove against traffic on the Benin-Ore lane.

[/quote] i hope d reporter is not tryin 2 drag ndigbo into dis unfortunate accidnt. All dis yoruba newspapers sef. Any way sha, r.i.p

2 Likes

Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by greatgod2012(f): 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2012
RIP,but something have to be done concerning d current condition of d road iin order to prevent such occurencies being repeated.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by alaoeri: 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2012
Series22:

i hope d reporter is not tryin 2 drag ndigbo into dis unfortunate accidnt. All dis yoruba newspapers sef. Any way sha, r.i.p
Most u bring tribalism into this SMH fȍr υя life, RIP to the dead & the injured quick recovery.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by ericmooret: 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
RIP
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by KayDee4: 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
[size=13pt] Stupi.d driver angry ; that the road is bad is no excuse to drive against traffic on the expressway especially when you're carrying innocent passengers. RIP to the lost ones. [/size]

1 Like

Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Scernioritta(f): 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
May their soul RIP..
The govt need to do something abt that Benin ore road, most especially ore road...
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
Blackteeth: who will be the first to blame GEJ?

They're coming
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by wurajone(f): 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
JideTheBlogger:

Before you ask the JAMB question, you can't even say RIP. na wa for you ooo...

undecided undecided RIP!....and before you answer the jamb question you can't even say rip too.na wa for you ooo

1 Like

Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Ortis: 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
Mr UmaRu: Goodluck e no do road. wiked mans. Kill am for poeple evryday evryday for road.
hausa bingo's...ewu hausa. Na gudluck u go call,u dnt forget say hausa thieves hav ruled nija more dan any group n u want gudluck 2 turn nija into dubai wen d hopelex northen BH hav been spoiling tinz....idiot beta blame BUHARI,ABACHA,IBB,SHAGARI 4 d nija p
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by emmaduks(m): 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
my poeple............................ if the road is in other the driver will not do any stupid thing like that,,,, RIP anyway.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Lawalkay(m): 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
Let say d truth that part of d road is both side good for driving, it's a slope going to lag and hill climbing going to benin. There is no need 4 lane changing. The driver is just a murderer. For the deceased rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Cupidkc(m): 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
ericmooret: RIP

And the naughty driver driving against traffic carelessly survived...huh na jazz?
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by MMM2(m): 6:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
Rip
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Lordrama: 6:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
bad Rd.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Cupidkc(m): 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
emmaduks: my poeple............................ if the road is in other the driver will not do any stupid thing like that,,,, RIP anyway.
Atleast he shld have been more careful,knowing fully wel that his on the wrong and hilly side of the road. He was simply careless and his licence should be revoked for the mean time.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Digriz(m): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2012
The day i entered d bus and d driver was speeding on 150km/h was d day i stopped using that buses.i was sitting behind d driva bt wat puzzle me was that no one complained abt hs speed bt only me,they all kept mute so d driva neva took me serious. We encountered 3 different location where that hiace bus had an accident that same day wt many casualties and that was wen other passengers cautioned d driver that he never exceeded 100km/h til we reach Lagos.
Rip to d departed and speedy recovery to d injured.
Re: 13 Die In Motor Accident On Benin-ore Road by Darey00(m): 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
Series22:

i hope d reporter is not tryin 2 drag ndigbo into dis unfortunate accidnt. All dis yoruba newspapers sef. Any way sha, r.i.p
i've watched patiently d way u nland guys put tribalism in almost any issue. For goodness sake d name of d bus has to be mentioned when reporting the incident.what is ur business if its 4rm Anambra or Delta,d simple fact remains dat d guy cumin 4rm Anambra caused d incident.if thats ur problem,hug d nearest wet transformer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari To Unveil Anti-corruption Strategy / Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector / Governor General Of Canada , Rt. Hon Julie Payette Arrives Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.