Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA (19010 Views)

Pastor Mboro Prays For Couple In Their Bedroom While They Almost Have Sex / Church Refuses To Bury Member Because She Did Not Pay Her Tithes / Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by alaoeri: 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
Racism at it peak.
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by Afam4eva(m): 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
ypzilanti: Most of you on this thread should just shut up. Majority of Nigerians are Tribalist. Bloody hypocrites. So you only become self righteous when you are discriminated by a white man?
You're right but pls stay on topic.
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by warrior01: 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
Max'diamond:
This is nt strange.we all kw dat there are always a protocol 2 follow wen anybody intended to do anything in "white land".it is nt lyk Nigeria here where things are done anyhw without following protocol.
can't believe you made this statement! Just imagine this kind of thing happened in igboland to a yoruba couple; i wonder whether ur response would be that trash you posted above
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by redsun(m): 3:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
Good for the black couples. They were probably uppities who thinks that fcking with satanic and irredeemable rednecks is cool. As a sign of moving up the ladder of fundamental ignorance,oppression,discrimation and utmost greed,that oyinbos tend to regard as criterias for being cool and civilized. Psychopaths.

2 Likes

Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by ypzilanti: 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
afam4eva:
You're right but pls stay on topic.

My Broda. The thing dey vex me no be small.

The content of people's character should be all that counts, but human beings try to generalize and put other people they have never interacted with down.

Racism, Tribalism, Regionalism...I hate when I see or hear of it.
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by BinghiNya(m): 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2012
Racism in christianity. KKK church, na wa o, christianity the real sorry racist way to salvation.
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by dasparrow: 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
@Post

I am not suprised. Its america after all, a country that was founded on racial hatred/slavery and racial injustice. So what do you expect? America cannot get rid of her societal disease rascism just like our dear Nigeria cannot get rid of her societal disease tribalism. And they call themselves a church? I thought Jesus said "love your neighbor as yourself"? No wonder Christ said that on judgement day, not everyone who called him "Lord, Lord" while on earth will enter into His kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by dasparrow: 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
ypzilanti:

My Broda. The thing dey vex me no be small.

The content of people's character should be all that counts, but human beings try to generalize and put other people they have never interacted with down.

Racism, Tribalism, Regionalism...I hate when I see or hear of it.

Yep! That is the type of world we reside in unfortunately.
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by Finland(m): 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
sycamore:

And u r quoting off point too.... Read the post carefully. B/4 u try to criticize... They r not yet members of the church but planned tobe after their wedding. dim..t
May be you should listen to their interview on CNN
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by francis247(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
Finland:
Both words are right. Some people just like ITK. cool
Yeah! But "wedding" is the appropriate term here.
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
Max'diamond:
This is nt strange.we all kw dat there are always a protocol 2 follow wen anybody intended to do anything in "white land".it is nt lyk Nigeria here where things are done anyhw without following protocol.
Oga we r talking church here not comparism between countries.
Christ is one evrywhere.
Or r they saying we should have rejected christ from d very first time d white man sailed into africa?
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by Aringarosa(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
The Pastor is either a coward not to stand up for what is right, or a coward for not straightening out his flock like a good shepherd, or just a poor example of what passes for Christians these days.
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by ZUBY77(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
TB Joshua should have seen this one.
Seriously, chino11 said that Anambra people are different from other Igbos and that they are not the same specie or race. What is the fuss about wedding?

The ealier we understand that the Church is an organisation that has the right to do as they wish the better. I guess God witnessed that one
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by rhymz(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2012
I bet the majority of the congregation prolly thinks Jesus is white and black people have no place in the scheme of their bible's account of God. Sadly, they are right. Jesus is white, Mary is white, the whole account of Jesus and his disciples is all about white people-don't care if they call themselves, Jews, caucasians, Arabs, Pasians and all that varient; they all look alike and obviously do not have the black pigmentation. I bet an Arab would have gotten a better consideration; make Amadioha strike all those bible wielding Con-men like Oyedepo and co that continue to decieve us about some white God we never would have known or become our mainstream religious beliefs if not for colonialism.

2 Likes

Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by Opusdeii(f): 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
And this is happening in 2012? where are this Pastors moral and sense of decency? SMH.
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by adami48(f): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
Some so called m.o.gs r nt even born again, or where once, dis tribal n racial tins is a blood tin, here in Naija a General overseer 97% of hes pastors accross d country or around d world running hes branches are from hes tribe, other tribe only assist, n i mean all other tribes too weda igbo, hausa, or yoruba, are guilty of it, n dats why alot of people are seeing d whole tin as a business that they can only intrust or doin it with there brother, nt brother in christ oh, brother from dsame village, ONLY GOD WILL JUDGE ALL THIS THINGS HAPPENING IN HES OWN CHURCH. Many so called men of God turning d house of God 2 a tribal or racial race will get there rewards in full
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by rhymz(m): 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
adami48: Some so called m.o.gs r nt even born again, or where once, dis tribal n racial tins is a blood tin, here in Naija a General overseer 97% of hes pastors accross d country or around d world running hes branches are from hes tribe, other tribe only assist, n i mean all other tribes too weda igbo, hausa, or yoruba, are guilty of it, n dats why alot of people are seeing d whole tin as a business that they can only intrust or doin it with there brother, nt brother in christ oh, brother from dsame village, ONLY GOD WILL JUDGE ALL THIS THINGS HAPPENING IN HES OWN CHURCH. Many so called men of God turning d house of God 2 a tribal or racial race will get there rewards in full
pla be clear here: which God will judge them? God of Isreal or Sango abi Amadioha own?
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by samfibby(m): 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
@Jenny20. Word!!! You are right. Many churches are mere buildings that are far far 4rm god.
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by adami48(f): 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
rhymz: I bet the majority of the congregation prolly thinks Jesus is white and black people have no place in the scheme of their bible's account of God. Sadly, they are right. Jesus is white, Mary is white, the whole account of Jesus and his disciples is all about white people-don't care if they call themselves, Jews, caucasians, Arabs, Pasians and all that varient; they all look alike and obviously do not have the black pigmentation. I bet an Arab would have gotten a better consideration; make Amadioha strike all those bible wielding Con-men like Oyedepo and co that continue to decieve us about some white God we never would have known or become our mainstream religious beliefs if not for colonialism.
GEJ is trying oh, so the phychiatric hospital now gives there patient phones wit internet access, u r notin bt a mad person, n my only prayer 4 u is Get well soon
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by donniemc: 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
rhymz: I bet the majority of the congregation prolly thinks Jesus is white and black people have no place in the scheme of their bible's account of God. Sadly, they are right. Jesus is white, Mary is white, the whole account of Jesus and his disciples is all about white people-don't care if they call themselves, Jews, caucasians, Arabs, Pasians and all that varient; they all look alike and obviously do not have the black pigmentation. I bet an Arab would have gotten a better consideration; make Amadioha strike all those bible wielding Con-men like Oyedepo and co that continue to decieve us about some white God we never would have known or become our mainstream religious beliefs if not for colonialism.

NA WAO..Jesus is white?, dude there is a big diffrence btw 'Coloured' and 'White' and God is Not a 'White God' he is God unto all, But seriously i understand the point you are trying to make, That probably God might have Being More 'JUST' to The White man abi ? the same way he was more 'JUst' to Jacob than Esau, But FYI, God is a God of Times and Seasons, the white race started its Superior Reign just a few centuries ago, Before Then it was all about Egypt and EtHopia ....Let me ask you a question do you Think the white Race would still Be the Most Superior Race in The world a century from now,if you want to be true to yourself of cos not, BELIEVE ME EVERY RACE WOULD HAVE ITS TIME, EVERY CIVILIZATION WUOLD HAVE ITS REIGN, AND ON JUDGEMENT DAY NEITHER JACOB NOR ESAU NOR ME NOR YOU NOR BLACKMEN NOR COLOURED MEN NOR WHITEMEN WOULD BE ABLE TO LOOK GOD IN THE EYEZ AND CALL HIM UNJUST BECAUSE HE IS A JUST GOD..AND PLEASE SNAP OUT OF THAT ATHEISM STUFF I'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE ITS A LUXURY ONLY A WHITEMAN CAN AFFORD grin [GOD BLESS YOU]

1 Like

Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
Finland:
Both words are right. Some people just like ITK. cool
give them aptitude test now,them go fail woefully
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by Ezedon(m): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
Max'diamond:
but that is racial discrimination
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by rhymz(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
adami48: GEJ is trying oh, so the phychiatric hospital now gives there patient phones wit internet access, u r notin bt a mad person, n my only prayer 4 u is Get well soon
it is funny but you are th eeediot here, following a belief system just because you were born into it does not neccessarily make it the truth. Religion is like politics they are all exploitative and feed on the need of man to believe on the unknown. Both the bible and Koran have the potential to make one delusional, they are filled with distorted personal accounts of of their ecounters with what they claim is God. To butress my point, all you have to do is look at the differing doctrines amongst the so-called Christians. Everyday you sit in front of your Pastor only to be fed with doses of programmed falsehood about a God that you have no concrete evidence of his existence besides being programmed to believe in it. My dear it is you who has not been using his head, that is why conmen like Oyedepo is banking on your lame brain to feed his lifestyle.

2 Likes

Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by dandadee: 4:59pm On Jul 30, 2012
is it still a crime to be black? even in the church..let alone usa.well, the only thing that surprises me about racism is the people who are surprised about racism..its glaring even in the us that a black man would fly to get to where a white man could walk to..racism would never die it would only multiply..
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by rhymz(m): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
donniemc:

NA WAO..Jesus is white?, dude there is a big diffrence btw 'Coloured' and 'White' and God is Not a 'White God' he is God unto all, But seriously i understand the point you are trying to make, That probably God might have Being More 'JUST' to The White man abi ? the same way he was more 'JUst' to Jacob than Esau, But FYI, God is a God of Times and Seasons, the white race started its Superior Reign just a few centuries ago, Before Then it was all about Egypt and EtHopia ....Let me ask you a question do you Think the white Race would still Be the Most Superior Race in The world a century from now,if you want to be true to yourself of cos not, BELIEVE ME EVERY RACE WOULD HAVE ITS TIME, EVERY CIVILIZATION WUOLD HAVE ITS REIGN, AND ON JUDGEMENT DAY NEITHER JACOB NOR ESAU NOR ME NOR YOU NOR BLACKMEN NOR COLOURED MEN NOR WHITEMEN WOULD BE ABLE TO LOOK GOD IN THE EYEZ AND CALL HIM UNJUST BECAUSE HE IS A JUST GOD..AND PLEASE SNAP OUT OF THAT ATHEISM STUFF I'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE ITS A LUXURY ONLY A WHITEMAN CAN AFFORD grin [GOD BLESS YOU]
Who is talking about social terms created by white people to describe black people and others white varient that they consider not white enough. Don't you find it funny that black people are called coloured people but on closer observation, you find out that White people are actually the coloured ones here as they change colours based on their mood. Anyway sha, that is a trivia.
About God being non-white, you realy believe that bullshit? Have you been to the Roman Catholic Church before? Whose images do they portray as God, my black a$$? Even in philosophical concepts, white is Good, Godly and Saintly, angels are beautiful white looking creatures with features similar to the whiteman's and a white shiny halo hovering over his head where as black represents everything bad and evil, the Demons are black ugly creatures with horns wrecking havoc. And you question where rednecks find justifications for their actions?
Come on, Let's talk about it.

1 Like

Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by Nuzo1(m): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2012
ypzilanti: Most of you on this thread should just shut up. Majority of Nigerians are Tribalist. Bloody hypocrites. So you only become self righteous when you are discriminated by a white man?
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by ziccoit: 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
Church would not have rejected the couple on any ground; had they offered to donate a sum of $100,000 dollar. Bunch of hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by ismhab(m): 5:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
Christianity is for oyinbo people only.
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by Ezeufi: 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
Please help me with this question.

The leader of catholics (including black catholics) has always been a whiteman. The leader of all Anglicans ( including black anglicans) has always been a whiteman/woman. And why does God always choose a white person to run a religion for him in this world? Why hasn't God ever trusted a blackman, or indian, or chinese, or eskimo man to lead his religion on earth? Or is God himself a whiteman?

And who is the leader of all muslims in the world? (including black muslims)?

Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by MMM2(m): 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
1day such city will produce dere own boko haram cry
Re: Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA by rhymz(m): 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
ismhab: Christianity is for oyinbo people only.
just as islam is for Arabs only. . All of them were imported and forced on black people. That is why I find it dumb that we black people can claim to understand the religion better than the white people that gave it to us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Many "Likes" Would Send Many Lives To Hell! / Anja Loven Rescues Four Children Accused Of Witchcraft / Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.