Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Worked For 9 Yrs At Zenith Bank But..... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Worked For 9 Yrs At Zenith Bank But..... (3175 Views)

The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. / Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Zenith Bank Sacks Marketers & Managers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worked For 9 Yrs At Zenith Bank But..... by CLEANSLATE: 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
PLS HOUSE NEED ADVICE ONTHIS.I HOLDS AN HND .I WAS EMPLOYED BY ZENITH SECURITIES LTD,ZENITH BANK 2003 OCT SERVED DELIGENTLY AS SECURITY OFFICER .BUT BECAUSE OF SO MANY UNFAIR LABOUR PRACTICES WHICH INCLUDES UNLAWFUL TRANSFER OF EMPLOYMENT TO ANOTHER COY WITHOUT MY APPROVAL,SO MUCH EXPOSURE TO HAZARDOUS WORKING ENVIRON,WORKING FOR 9 YEARS WITHOUT ANY PROMOTION ETC.NOW THAT THE JOB IS SERIOUSLY AFFECTING HEALTHWISE AS A RESULT OF INJURY SUSTAINED AT WORK,I RESIGNED VOLUNTARYLY ON HEALTH GROUNDS AND THE BANK SAYS IT CAN NOT PAY ME MY ENTITLEMENT.PLS LAWYERS HELP
Re: Worked For 9 Yrs At Zenith Bank But..... by Caracta(f): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2012
Do you want to sue?
Re: Worked For 9 Yrs At Zenith Bank But..... by CLEANSLATE: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
Caracta,
yes if sueing can give me justice.pls how can i move this my post to frontpage b/c i need more views from the house.
Re: Worked For 9 Yrs At Zenith Bank But..... by Caracta(f): 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
CLEANSLATE: Caracta,
yes if sueing can give me justice.pls how can i move this my post to frontpage b/c i need more views from the house.

Only the mods can move it to the front page
Re: Worked For 9 Yrs At Zenith Bank But..... by Maxymilliano(m): 11:41pm On Jul 29, 2012
Methink there's more to what you narrated than meet the eyes, your entitlements can ONLY be witheld if you are dismissed from work, but if i may ask, were you a contract/casual staff all thru the duration of your engagement with the firm?
Re: Worked For 9 Yrs At Zenith Bank But..... by CLEANSLATE: 5:56am On Jul 30, 2012
Maxymilliano,
i was employed directly by zenith securities ltd which is a subsidiary of zenith bank.my appointment was confirmed by same coy after a year+,zenith bank pays me salary directly.so there is no hidden issue but it was later one coy peopleplus mgmt services believed to be owned by zenith bank now begin to corresponde with us without our due approval/ćonsent.
Re: Worked For 9 Yrs At Zenith Bank But..... by Maxymilliano(m): 8:24am On Jul 30, 2012
@Op, you mean your service was outsourced to Peopleplus mgt service? If yes, was there a letter to that effect? And lastly, was your last appointment pensionable?
Re: Worked For 9 Yrs At Zenith Bank But..... by CLEANSLATE: 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
Maxymiliano
tnx for your interest.yes ,there was no letter to that effect as the bank did not seek our consent in any form.and my first appointment was not paid off before peoplplus mgmt took over.
Re: Worked For 9 Yrs At Zenith Bank But..... by udoka2: 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2012
sorry for the stress you are going thru now. First, it takes a big courage for a graduate to take up a security job!

On your final entitlement, what do you think is your entitlement they are denying you? This things are usually stated in the employee policy.

These are what l think your entitlement will include, but it depends on what your employee policy says, you cant get what the policy didnt cover, but surely get what the labour law covers...check ur policy to know if you actually have a case before sueing them.

(1) Annual leave allowance - it will be prorated base on the no of months u worked in that year (not statutory but a major market practice in Nigeria)
(2) 13th month - prorated as no. 1 above (if the company has it as a policy - not statutory)
(3) Severance Package (if its the coy's policy - its not statutory)
(4) Pension (statutory - make sure ur pension contribution is up to date)

Note: if you resign without giving them enough notice as stated in your employment contract, you will be owing them!

1 Like

Re: Worked For 9 Yrs At Zenith Bank But..... by CLEANSLATE: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2012
House,i need more suggestion on how/what to do b/c even an apprentice serving his oga is settled after his service .

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Account Officer And Accountant? / Nigerian Air Force Is Recruiting 2016/2017! Apply Now / Linux Exam Rh302

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.